New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

[Temple of Dalachrech]

"Had it been necessary to kill you, I would not have been leaving the temple alive if I didn't. And besides, I had assumed I would be dying of dehydration or starvation if I did, having no way to remove myself from the table,"
    Will points out emotionlessly, shrugging again. "The spiders would simply have been a quicker means."

Charynrae might realize that she just gave Will important information about how to kill her - block off/kill the spiders before he tries. Not that he has any plans to do so, admittedly, but...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-24 at 09:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

((Yes, the RP between Azurelle and Despair was in Riverside. It's quite a while back, though.))

Underside Temple

"Yes, it's intended to worry people, One. Don't worry, though; I have no intention of dying. And that's a good point, Will." Since the spiders built the Temple with their silk, the only being that knows its layout as well as they do is Charynrae. The spiders also work with silk regularly, and they can wriggle through the cocoon's walls. And killing the spiders will cause them to attack in self defence.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Inside, Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "I hope you've learnt your lesson. You can't disagree with me again, but should you disobey any order I shall bring you back here and cause you more pain, until you plead I was as gentle as I was today. Is that understood?" Elezibethele is expecting a nod in reply, and if she receives one she shall click her fingers and all the manacles will open, releasing Mine's wrists and ankles.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside Temple]

That would make it harder, yes... The spiders tend to, mostly, group together in the absence of threats or other tasks, so some sort of substance that they'll eat, which, when it gets into their bloodstream, is explosive in the presence of extreme heat might do it. Once all of them are sufficiently explosive, use the blaze to set off one, which sets up a chain reaction... That should at least make there be far fewer of them to deal with.

Will smiles, and nods in acknowledgement of the compliment. Sort of. As much of a smile as he can manage given his alien facial structure, anyway.

"Thank you, Charynrae."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Around Hermitage

Waterstrider, "playing" his role of bodyguard, shifts closer to Justin, standing over the man. As a Wolfen, he's rather imposing physically, but the collar marks him as Justin's slave. Even with the missing paw, his presence should be enough to make any hostilities risky.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Outside Hermitage

"That isz the way of mine church, yesz. But thisz do be a hermitage, where the prieszthood and loyal retainersz retreat in szolitude from the outszide world and all itsz troublesz, and szo that isz not the casze here, I feared. Although, Mr. Mine, if you be tradersz perhapsz you may be comingk, asz there isz much needed that are not produced within. Elezibethele and Azurelle are alwayzs lookingk for zsome thingksz." The ettercap has noted the collars, but is unfamiliar enough with humanoids to be unaware they mark slaves; none of the slaves at the Hermitage wears collars very much, apart from Mine, and his is only so Elezibethele can literally drag him around after her.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Forest outside the Hermitage

"Quite fortuitous indeed!" Justin says before turning his attention to Waterstrider. "Calm yourself, fido, there's business to be done!" it's said without much anger, more focus being placed on his joy at business. "Quite sorry, Father let's me go nowhere without his loyal attack pooch. Though speaking of my father, he runs a trading company that I'm quite privy to. I can work out a contract for between the company and the hermitage, have the necessities delivered here at regular intervals."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Forest Outside the Hermitage

Brand has a struggle not to show any signs of fury at hearing Waterstrider referred to as an 'attack pooch'. It's for a good cause. There are people here who need us. Waterstrider knows it's only for show. It's no worse than what we heard in the caravan.

It still hurts to hear, and he wants to reach out and put a hand on Waterstrider's shoulder. But that would be breaking character, so he can't.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Outside Hermitage

Waterstrider struggles to keep his composure at the insults and refrains from growling. While he had lasted through insults and goading while truly enslaved, being free made it much more difficult. Even so, he grits his teeth and keeps his fur from raising lest he exposes himself.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Mister Squiggles remains sat on.

He can be safely skipped for a while Earl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Outside The Hermitage

"If the beaszt'sz loyalty liesz elszewhere, don't inszult it unlesz you are able and willing to fight it off. That'sz szimple comon szencze. What doesz your father trade in?" The ettercap doesn't know much about slavery, but it does know it's a bad idea to antagonise warrior-slaves because they are bred to be evil, bloodthirsty killers with no concept of mercy.

11. - Top - End - #41

"He calls me master, same as father." For now Justin was far too into character to care about Waterstrider's feelings. If he let himself feel any concern, there was a chance he would let the character slip. He most likely would apologize to no end about the things he may have to do on this mission, but that would be on his own time."And father sells whatever is profitable. Food, spice, clothes, raw materials, weapons, etcetera etcetera. I can get into specifics once I know what your people need."

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    ((Yes, the RP between Azurelle and Despair was in Riverside. It's quite a while back, though.))

Underside Temple

"Yes, it's intended to worry people, One. Don't worry, though; I have no intention of dying. And that's a good point, Will." Since the spiders built the Temple with their silk, the only being that knows its layout as well as they do is Charynrae. The spiders also work with silk regularly, and they can wriggle through the cocoon's walls. And killing the spiders will cause them to attack in self defence.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Inside, Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "I hope you've learnt your lesson. You can't disagree with me again, but should you disobey any order I shall bring you back here and cause you more pain, until you plead I was as gentle as I was today. Is that understood?" Elezibethele is expecting a nod in reply, and if she receives one she shall click her fingers and all the manacles will open, releasing Mine's wrists and ankles.
    [Underside Temple]

Well, One has been sufficiently freaked out enough for one day! Without much delay, she'll attempt to curtsy to Charynrae and wordlessly remove herself from the conversation, slipping away to attend to other duties like a good worker.

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    One will weakly nod as expected. Upon being released from the cuffs, he'll fall the distance to the floor, and crash against it. Ouch!

Elezibethele has (temporarily) broken her slave in more ways than one!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Underside Temple

"Oh, don't worry too much about it Will. You can go and do whatever you like now; I'll start teaching you the prayers needed to invoke Dalachrech's power tomorrow." That might work, but the Temple is made of spider silk, which burns. Any fire up here is dangerous- so much so that the branding irons are heated magically and the kitchen is built into a massive stalactite.

"Oh, One, could you please fetch Three for me?" Charynrae calls after One.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "Stand up and come over here." Should Mine succeed, Elezibethele will clip his collar around his neck again.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mine shall, with much difficulty, pull himself to his feet. He is struggling to do so, but he's obedient. He doesn't want the treatment again. He takes a few steps toward Elezibethele, stumbles and drops to his knees, and regains his footing, eventually making his way over to Elezibethele where he is likely collared once more.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Torture always makes me pekish. Come; we're off to the dining room. One of the temple slaves can fix us up a quick meal. Don't worry, you'll like it. Or at least, you can't taste it to dislike it." Elezibethele will then leave the torture chamber, pulling Mine's lead behind her. She'll walk up to the kitchen, a few floors above them.

If Mine stumbles, he'll likely get dragged a short distance, though Elezibethele isn't prepared to literally drag him all the way there.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That is a tad Vlad the Impaler-ish, is it not? Bloodshed and torture increasing one's appetite is hideously gross and unrefined. The iron scent sickens most people. Elezibethele apparently isn't a member of this large section of society.

It is also odd that Elezibethele would waste her breath speaking to Mine now that he cannot talk back. Perhaps it is similar to the reasoning behind why people sometimes converse with their pets?

Mine shall follow Elezibethele to the best of his current ability. The pain does nothing to aid his celerity. He'll likely fall behind, but he'll catch up as the leash nears the end of its length.

Mine learned one hard lesson today: Elezibethele can exhibit no clemency.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Elezibethele is used to the smell of blood; she worked as a slave in a temple to Lolth, and regularly helped clean up after the sacrifice of sentient beings. The exertion of torture is what makes her hungry, rather than the site of blood.

And speaking to Mine will let Mine know where they are going, in addition to the pet-owner's habit. She has never really spoke to Mine intending to listen to his reply.

When they arrive at the dining room, Elezibethele will order a guard to look one of the temple slaves. He'll look for one and take them through to the kitchen.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Brand can also safely be skipped for now, at least until entry into the Hermitage has been gained or denied.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lolth. You would think that being forced to serve that fiend would drive someone to strive to take down the evils of the world, not uphold them, and especially not mimic the crimes that were committed against them.

Moving on...

The slave will probably prepare a sumptuous feast for Elezibethele with whatever ingredients are at hand!

Mine, on the other hand, isn't looking too good. He's majorly zoning out, staring at empty space unstably.

At least he doesn't have to move for now. If a chair hasn't been provided for him, the floor looks pretty good right now.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Elezibethele saw the power wielded by Lolth's priestesses, and desired it. She asked to join Her clergy, but was refused. Repeatedly. So, she looked elsewhere and Dalachrech sent Elezibethele a vision- a wasp stinging and paralysing a tarantula before laying its eggs on the unfortunate spider. Elezibethele has been a devout follower of the Demon Lord of Invertebrates ever since.

Elezibethele will eat about half of everything placed in front of her, the rest will be placed in front of Mine. Elezibethele won't force him to eat, until he starts looking starved. Mine will not get a chair, nor will Elezibethele pay much attention to him.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In that case, then, Mine shall lie down on the ground and eat nothing. He'll try to move as little as possible. It hurts when he moves. It hurts less when he doesn't move. Either way, it is still painful to be Mine at the moment.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything that isn't eaten by Mine will be added to the meal served to the temple slaves at their meal time. They'll probably be grateful for the torture of Mine, although it's unlikely they're aware of exactly why they have so much extra food. Unfortunately, if Mine tries to lie down Elezibethele will pull on the lead, to get him to sit again. When he is sitting, she'll absentmindedly stroke Mine's head and play with his hair and ears. Should he try sinking lower again, Elezibethele will grab and pull, not caring if it's his ear or his hair which she has grabbed.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Gack!"

Is the noise Mine makes as his leash is suddenly pulled upward. He adopts a sitting position in response, legs crossed, probably leaning up against Elezibethele's chair in a dazed state. He doesn't particularly care about what Elezibethele does with his hair. He's in a state of shock still.

All he is aware of is that things hurt like heck, and he isn't reacting to it well.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The meal probably isn't as long as Mine would have liked; all too soon Elezibethele stands up and heads towards her chamber a few floors up.

When they arrive, Elezibethele unhooks the bracelet end of the collar and clips it to the iron ring set into the wall above Mine's sleeping basket. "Mine, come help me get changed. I'm tired and going to bed. I need you to undo my dress at the back and fetch the nightgown on the wardrobe's door." The nightgown in question is made of very thin silk, hides very little and is also sleeveless and the end is quite a distance up Elezibethele's leg.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mine will perform the task as ordered. He'll hurry to dress down his Mistress. He does his best not to disrespectfully appreciate her every feature, but alas! He is only an elf! A tortured, oppressed elf no less! He knows it is wrong to secretly gawk at his tyrant like this. Elezibethele, however, is irresistable. He'll help Eleziberhele into her dress without comment.

If he only had a tongue! Du. Du. Du. Du. Du. Du.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Around Hermitage

Waterstrider can be skipped as well. It can be assumed that he'll stay silent for the most part and just stand as intimidatingly and as protectively as a one-pawed Wolfen can.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Around Hermitage

"How about szlavesz? The Misztresz of the hermitage already hasz szome, but she isz alwaysz complainingk about their szpeed." The ettercap bends its long arm to scratch its back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elezibethele knows of the effect her body is having, though she pretends otherwise. She remembers ordering him not to look at her when he arrived with the other slaves. When she is in her extremely revealing nightgown, she turns to Mine. "You sleep in your basket. If you are good tomorrow, I might reward you with a proper bed." Elezibethele winks as she says bed. She then blows out the candles and climbs into bed, rolling so her back is to Mine.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Underside Temple

"Oh, don't worry too much about it Will. You can go and do whatever you like now; I'll start teaching you the prayers needed to invoke Dalachrech's power tomorrow." That might work, but the Temple is made of spider silk, which burns. Any fire up here is dangerous- so much so that the branding irons are heated magically and the kitchen is built into a massive stalactite.

"Oh, One, could you please fetch Three for me?" Charynrae calls after One.
    That's right... I'd forgotten about that. Let's hope that Will learns about his new home's flammability before he uses his blaze for anything.

In any case, the alien nods, heading off to explore the temple.

29. - Top - End - #59

A wicked smile crosses Justin's face. "I can't work that out on paper, have to be careful of the paper trail, but we could come upon a verbal agreement."

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this is...

Weird, to say the least. Mine knows that he shouldn't rightly be attracted to the villain who is intent of committing horrific acts of genocide against humans and who cut out his tongue and sliced him up on top of that, but...

But Elezibethele is hot. And powerful. And gorgeous. And beautiful. And dreamy...nearly. She controls Mine's life, and he knows it!

The chance of being with someone like that...

It is too much of a temptation for Mine to resist.

Without another word, Mine will compliantly nod and withdraw to his basket.

Hey! He does have a proper basket to sleep in! That's a luxury to him! It definitely counts as a blessing. Especially considering that all of the other slaves sleep in chains.

-------
    [Underside Temple]

"But of course, Reverend Mistress."

One calls back as she hastens away!

Within the life of a minute after One runs off, Three walks up into the room, her face radiant with happiness!

"Hiya, Reverend Mistress! You wanted to speak with me?"

From the tone of her voice, she may have already drawn a couple of conclusions about the purposes of her summoning.