New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque - all visitors welcome!

"Depends really on what you're after. There's the Roof Garden, on a block of flats. It's far enough away that it can't be looked in on by any other buildings, so most people have no idea it's up there, but there's an oak tree, flowerbeds, a lawn and a picnic table. If the weather's nice, I'll sleep there. Somebody looks after it, but I don't know who- never met anyone else up there." It might be maintained by magic, though. "That's nice and peaceful. Sometimes I go to the Terraces, where the Freerunners do their thing- jumping from rooftop to rooftop, flipping over chimneys, amazing things considering they're all basically human. A few elves, some halflings, but mostly human. I'm pretty much always exploring, though. The most interesting thing is always a rooftop I've not visited yet, and in Inside, there's plenty of those." Since the rooftops don't stay stable and remain in one place. "How about you, what's the most interesting thing you've found?" Jack's curious, since whilst she's an explorer she doesn't really count herself as an adventurer yet.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon and Dove]

"Keeping up with social events does tend to leave one busy," the "dragon" agrees. "My name is Tanin. The winter and autumn festivals are regular, but the summer is a bit more varied. And not always quite so formal. I can't say I know much of the lady who put together this one. Usually it's some local personage or other doing this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The Mercenary

Again, Cantata shakes her head, her dark curls jostling slightly, and thinks for a second before raising a hand to cover half of her masked face. Theres almost a predatory glimmer in her eye as she gestures to the mask before shifting the hand over and gesturing to her skin, trying to get across the nature of her quarry's face.
    Not a lover then. Arthes says, taking in the rest of the party. Looks like Gruffydd has found some prey, at least. It's not like this one was likely to tell Arthes her name, after all. Is it that impersonal? Disappointing. Arthes says, seemingly not paying attention to Cantata's description of her quarry.

Perhaps you're interested in them? Some sort of crossed loyalties? She asks, fishing for an angle.

"Fae" Lady

An excellent question, miss Melody Raven - who are you? Gruffydd says, turning from his companion to the interloper - and while Melody might not pick it up Maph certainly will - there's a hint of possessiveness in Gruffydd's body language. Back off, this one's mine.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lady Arachne's Summer Garden Masque

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Dancing area]

A shapeshifter A half-elf who goes by Holly is also at the party. She's there as security, because she totally has a MERC license and has one of those obsidian spiders on her mask.

While she would normally be wearing a dress or a skirt, this time she's wearing a button-down shirt and tie, and a tweed suit on top of it. She's got a snazzy gold mask that covers most of the area around her eyes, her forehead, and her left cheekbone - with long black feathers coming out (and the spider, of course, nestled in the feather so it's not really visible).

She's mostly there as security and is, unfortunately, not currently dancing even though she wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Arriving

Felandria is now arriving, her long red hair flowing.

She is wearing an elegant suit, with jacket, vest and pants.

Spoiler
    Show

She is also wearing the domino mask Magtok gave her, she looks around, seeking refreshments and interesting company, not necessarily in that order.
    [Interesting Company]

The half-human black-haired Holly decides that she is tired of not dancing, so she leaves that particular mini-grove in search of something else. Maybe she could screen some of the guests? That is something she could definitely do as security.

She heads over and spots Felandria.

Felandria actually looks a little familiar, so Holly tries to place where she remembers her from. Unfortunately, she can't, so...that's too bad. Maybe at a tavern? Or one of the parties? Or...

Anyway.

"Nice suit," she says as she approaches Felandria.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

[Interesting Company]

The half-human black-haired Holly decides that she is tired of not dancing, so she leaves that particular mini-grove in search of something else. Maybe she could screen some of the guests? That is something she could definitely do as security.

She heads over and spots Felandria.

Felandria actually looks a little familiar, so Holly tries to place where she remembers her from. Unfortunately, she can't, so...that's too bad. Maybe at a tavern? Or one of the parties? Or...

Anyway.

"Nice suit," she says as she approaches Felandria.
    Felandria turns and sees Holly, and smiles.

Oh, thank you.

It’s quite hard to find something like this in my size.

Yours is quite lovely as well, I love the mask.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #96

[Interesting Company]

It's rather unfortunate that Holly has to look up at Felandria, because it probably looks better head-on.

The woman smiles. "Thanks. I have a lot of masks, so the hard part was deciding on which one to wear," she says. This statement is doubly true if you replace 'masks' with 'faces'. The shape-shifter does have a lot of faces available to wear, and most of them are her own, too. (;p)

Anyway, on that topic: "I've always wondered," she says, "if clothes that are magically enlarged wear out faster or if there's some other reason why people don't just enlarge clothing." She's wondering because she happens to be wearing an article of clothing that can do that. "Or do they just not look as good compared to ones made at scale?" It could also be a 'custom fit' sort of thing, she supposes.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #97

["Fae" Lady]

The pooka makes no indication that he has grasped the aelf's possessiveness.

Not one bit.

He's acting as if he totally missed the subtle clues.

He didn't, though. He understood perfectly. He's just going to be contrary about it now, as pookas typically are. That's the problem with trying to be subtle about your intentions to a creature that's a capricious trickster by nature. They'll just use it as an excuse to cause you move trouble.

"You don't know who I am? Golly. I really don't get around enough anymore, do I? Most folks around the Nexus call me Maphtey. But if we wanna be all proper about it, I'm The Hedley Kow, King of Pookas!" he declares, striking the best regal pose he can manage. Then he begins rummaging around in his wool with one foreleg. "Hang on, I think I've got a crown in here somewhere- ah HAH!"

The leg withdrawn, he now clutches a tiny golden crown much taller than it is wide. He places it atop his head at a jaunty angle.

"There. See? I'm a very important person, obviously, since I've got this hat."

He angles himself a bit, turning his face toward the 'Miss Raven' and giving the actual faerie a pretty nice view of his haunches.

"You into dancing, Miss Raven? Any feelings about kings, hats, or kings with hats?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

[Interesting Company]

It's rather unfortunate that Holly has to look up at Felandria, because it probably looks better head-on.

The woman smiles. "Thanks. I have a lot of masks, so the hard part was deciding on which one to wear," she says. This statement is doubly true if you replace 'masks' with 'faces'. The shape-shifter does have a lot of faces available to wear, and most of them are her own, too. (;p)

Anyway, on that topic: "I've always wondered," she says, "if clothes that are magically enlarged wear out faster or if there's some other reason why people don't just enlarge clothing." She's wondering because she happens to be wearing an article of clothing that can do that. "Or do they just not look as good compared to ones made at scale?" It could also be a 'custom fit' sort of thing, she supposes.
    Well, honestly, I do usually have my clothes imbued with magic to allow them to change size and shape.

But for tonight, I wanted to have something custom made, went to a tailor, had the measurements and the fitting, all the good stuff.

I dunno, some thing about the notion of how much time, effort and materials that went into this suit, it excites me.

9. - Top - End - #99

[Interesting Company]

The half-elf nods as she listens.

"Mine isn't custom-made," she says, looking down and patting her own tweed suit.

Regardless, it still fits like it was. She comments on this: "I just have the kind of body that seems to fit with anything."

She laughs: "You should've seen me that time I tried on something five sizes too large, that was a funny moment."

Anyway, Holly tries to change the topic: "So what do you do? I feel like I've heard of you before, but I can't remember where."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac Saunders hasn’t been having the best day.
    Well actually that would be a lie he had a great day. But unfortunately it was capped off when his best friend abruptly changed into the hedleykow shape he almost never uses, changed color and outfit, and went off cackling out the door. And while Lucas sometimes changes color to something dark, and sometimes wears Maph’Tey’s regalia when he’s on official business (Isaac thinks so the lines get so blurry) he knows that both means the Sidhe came knocking. And normally that means Isaac just has to sit and deal with it until the stupid faerie comes back with his best friend’s body.
    But this time he went and ran off with Lucas right in the tiebreaker round of their first summer game tourney and that’s just not okay!

Isaac also stubbed his toe when he jumped up, which is why he had to slap together a big costume instead of one that would fit his normal self. The pale white loxodon has covered himself with a dark, brown robe with a hood and a skeletal gray mask. One arm has a shiny bracer, though he eschewed a blade for safety reasons. The mask sadly doesn’t cover much given the size of his trunk, but he was clearly trying.

Some people have cool costumes, but a lot of these are just regular masks. Bo-ring.
    Oh sweet, is that person wearing a Destoroyah mask?! He needs to talk to them later. They must be awesome.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-06-18 at 03:01 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dena and Company]

Fettina is halfway through opening her mouth to make a saucy reply at Dena, but Electra's appearance interrupts her. She turns to teasingly flutter her eyelashes at the cyborg. "Hey babe," she says, only now remembering herself and slipping on a mask from around her neck. Her eyes flash the color of a solar flare. "Your job? You're working?" She almost sounds pouty. That meant no drinking, and Tina had to drink by proxy these days.

Also, though Electra might think it's just more augments of Tina's, she does look drastically different what with the chrome skin and the apparently functional wings.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2019-06-18 at 05:54 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Talking to Choir

The spider seems pleased that someone understands chitter. You speak chitter! I am very fashionable spider. Go with your dress! The spider, a Venusta Orchard, is indeed a very attractive shade of silver with green and orange spots that do match Choir's dress quite well. You should go get drinks. There's a drink golem! I have heard it is very good beer.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

13. - Top - End - #103

The Mercenary

There's a tad bit of disappointment on Cantata's end as she gathers that Arthes hasn't quite gotten the memo on her own reason for being there, and she nods to respond that it is impersonal... before pausing, glancing off to think for a moment, and tilting her head slightly as she shakes her hand from side to side once again. Looking for the enemy of an acquaintance is at the very least a little more personal than if it were a stranger who hired her, after all.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

14. - Top - End - #104

NinjaGuy

[Dena and Company]

Electra's smile doesn't wane as Tina greets her. She's resisting the urge to sweep Tina up into a big hug, but she catches the disappointment in Tina's voice.

"Indeed, I am. Gots to make that cash, after all." She leans in and whispers in Tina's ear. "Maybe after the party we can make a little music together, hmm?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Partygoers may hear some lively music start coming from the central grove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXm2TNLfnQ

As it does so, appetizer-laden golems start proceeding out from the kitchen.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Guess what? Yeah more people arrive.
    The first one is a woman. She appears to be in her early 20ties if not just old enougth to drink. She wears a tight black dress, which doesn't reveal much skin at all. Her dark blond hair is bound together to a braid and she wears a silver/gold mask over her eyes. She formly greets the host and heads straight for the snacks. Taking on that dress was far to long and she didn't eat much befor. Hopefully they got at least some fingerfood ready soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The woman with the gold/silver masks stands at the snackbar wondering what to take or maybe asking herself if it doesn't have to many sugar in it?
    "You should try one of these." Recommends the giant spider in the purple mask, waving a skewer of various snacks that she just took from one of the serving-golems.
    Goodness, she just snuck right up to the woman, didn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Depends really on what you're after. There's the Roof Garden, on a block of flats. It's far enough away that it can't be looked in on by any other buildings, so most people have no idea it's up there, but there's an oak tree, flowerbeds, a lawn and a picnic table. If the weather's nice, I'll sleep there. Somebody looks after it, but I don't know who- never met anyone else up there." It might be maintained by magic, though. "That's nice and peaceful. Sometimes I go to the Terraces, where the Freerunners do their thing- jumping from rooftop to rooftop, flipping over chimneys, amazing things considering they're all basically human. A few elves, some halflings, but mostly human. I'm pretty much always exploring, though. The most interesting thing is always a rooftop I've not visited yet, and in Inside, there's plenty of those." Since the rooftops don't stay stable and remain in one place. "How about you, what's the most interesting thing you've found?" Jack's curious, since whilst she's an explorer she doesn't really count herself as an adventurer yet.
    An unvisited roof is the most interesting, huh? What a romantic sentiment.
    "The Terraces sound impressive, I mean, I'm not much of an acrobat, but it's cool, right?"
    Anchor thinks for a moment.
    The most interesting thing she's found?
    "Well, if we're limiting it to things, that's got to be Anisat. It's a jewel made from the soul of the high priest of a god of the Burning Sun, taken from a dead universe and hidden on the other side of mirrors." She snaps her fingers and a tremendous polished sunstone, glowing slightly from within, appears in her hand. It's just a replica, and not the original artifact, but it's still very shiny.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

[Interesting Company]

The half-elf nods as she listens.

"Mine isn't custom-made," she says, looking down and patting her own tweed suit.

Regardless, it still fits like it was. She comments on this: "I just have the kind of body that seems to fit with anything."

She laughs: "You should've seen me that time I tried on something five sizes too large, that was a funny moment."

Anyway, Holly tries to change the topic: "So what do you do? I feel like I've heard of you before, but I can't remember where."
    Fel thinks for a moment.

Well, I own the Olympian in Skyside.

I’m also the mayor of Eastside and I co-run HALO.

18. - Top - End - #108

[Interesting Company]

"Oh, right," the shape-shifter says, nodding. She spoke with her over the phone before, in Riverside. That's why she sounds so familiar. But instead of saying that, she says, "I've seen some of the HALO merchandise line before."

As one of the appetizer-golems approaches, Holly turns and grabs one from it.

"I've actually been in HALO before," she adds, "but it was a looooong time ago. Not sure if I'd recognize anyone who's there now. Now, I'm just a normal mercenary. Times change, I suppose." Shrug. She shrugs.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"Fae" Lady

Sekhmet is still pretty confused. She manages to recover partly. "It's a very important looking hat. Dancing is fine, hats are, uh, okay, and I'm, not, uh, quite sure about kings." She likes the new fae a bit better. He's less condescending and more respectful, to her at least; he also seems like he'd be more fun to be around.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

[Interesting Company]

"Oh, right," the shape-shifter says, nodding. She spoke with her over the phone before, in Riverside. That's why she sounds so familiar. But instead of saying that, she says, "I've seen some of the HALO merchandise line before."

As one of the appetizer-golems approaches, Holly turns and grabs one from it.

"I've actually been in HALO before," she adds, "but it was a looooong time ago. Not sure if I'd recognize anyone who's there now. Now, I'm just a normal mercenary. Times change, I suppose." Shrug. She shrugs.
    Ah, so you’ve seen the plushies and the board game.

You know, we are always looking for people, you’re always welcome to return if you like.

Felandria grabs a couple of appetizers.

21. - Top - End - #111

[Interesting Company]

She nods.

Huh.
    That would be a good idea, she thinks. HALO might have the right equipment to help her in her investigations and everything else.
    "Once this party is over, I'll consider it," Holly says.

Speaking of the the appetizers, as she eats one the half-human looks around and asks something: "So, let's see...there's food, drinks, and dancing that I can see. I'm kind-of partial to dancing; what did you come here for?"

As a security for the event, Holly figures this is an important question to ask people.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #112

[Talking to Choir ==> Talking to Anri]

"I wasn't aware that spiders are fashionable. Thank you for informing me," Choir said. She won't attempt to shoo the spider away if it crawls onto her again.

At the mention of a 'drink golem' Choir began searching her surroundings.

She knew what a drink was. It was, simply, a fluid one consumed. She drank water all the time. Doing so was important, otherwise her tissues would become dessicated. She suspected humans did much the same for similar reasons. However, she also understood there was additional nuance to the word 'drink'.

It meant something else.

Something further.

Drinking not for the purpose of hydration, but recreation.

Humans did many things recreationally.

Because they were strange.

Drinks were being acquired from a machine shaped like both a human and a spider. It reminded Choir, somewhat vaguely, of her own many legged arthropod aggregates. People would walk up to the machine, hold a glass under one of the nozzles protruding from it, and acquire a drink. This process seemed simple enough to her. First, she needed a container for the fluid. This was an easy task. There were many on a table near the machine. Choir picked up a container and approached the machine.

"Hello. I would like a drink. Please."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon and Dove]

"Keeping up with social events does tend to leave one busy," the "dragon" agrees. "My name is Tanin. The winter and autumn festivals are regular, but the summer is a bit more varied. And not always quite so formal. I can't say I know much of the lady who put together this one. Usually it's some local personage or other doing this."
    [Dragon and Dove]

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Xunafae says. "Are you saying our hostess is not local then? I suppose the portals could give that impression, but I'm not so sure I'd rule it out. We could very well be in a part of Skyside for all we know."

The central grove starts kicking off and the dove tilts her head a little, listening.

"The music is more upbeat than expected as well. Do you dance Tanin?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #114

[Dena and Company]

The snakes making up Dena's hair spotted Electra approaching as she's exclusively using them as her eyes at the moment. Thus before Electra even greet them, she's quietly remarking on it. "Looks like one of them is already here, I don't get much time with you alone, do I?"

She then turns to face the cyborg, giving her a faux-stern expression. "You better be, as your employer I'm keeping all my eyes on you, Electra." The serpents moves forward for empathize. "And I happen to have plenty to spare." She breaks into a smile. "But seriously, what's up, Electra? Don't think we've met properly since that beach party a while back. It doesn't look like you're in any need though. Top-quality machinery right there as I'm sure Tina will agree."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon and Dove]

"I do," the dragon-masked man says with a nod. "Some have even been kind enough to praise my Terpsichorean skills. If you wish for a dancing partner, I will be more than happy to oblige."

[Elephant and Goblin]

Someone arrives to perhaps make Isaac's day a bit better. Iknika didn't have a lot of time to prepare, but she still managed to come up with a dark green dress and surcoat to wear. She's also wearing a mask depicting a bat. It has a bonus of not needing ears, since she already has a pair to match.

"Well, you sure are easy to find when you're like this, babe," she says after making beeline for Isaac. "Remind me what mission we're on here?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elephant And Goblin]

Isaac gives Iknika a hug. He’s warm in that heavy outfit. Good thing he’s been practicing ignoring outside temperatures.
    ”Lucas’ boss went off gallivanting in his body again while in the middle of something important. You know how I said Lucas is pretty good for a faerie? Maph is not. He’s very powerful and all get rules for not thanking him or making promises or accepting gifts apply. Really I’m just gonna have a good time at the party and if we see him I’m gonna tell him he’s a jerk.” Setting reasonable goals, Isaac.
    Really Isaac just wants to wag his finger at the sidhe since Maph is self-aware enough to let mortals do that. But he doesn’t want to actually piss off the sidhe. Maph has weird time things; Isaac doesn’t want to go home and find out Maph was messing with timelines or something.

Talking to Anri

Anri smiles at the woman in the strange mask with the spider and turns to the side to properly display the taps. They all seem to show things Choir might be craving, not even for a moment considering that Choir might not be able to read.
    ”You may certainly have one. Take your pick.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

[Elephant And Goblin]

"My father always told me to be careful around fairies. I guess he was right for once," Iknika says. "I'm not going to say no to a party, even if the worst we can do to Lucas' boss is to wag a finger at him sternly."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Anchor

"It's very cool. I've spoken to them sometimes, and it's a way of life for some of them. They boast they've not left the roofs for however many years it's been, or sometimes generations, if they're from some really developed worlds." Less common in Nexus, though. And then the gemstone is shown! Now, Jack's no magpie, to be distracted by every sparkly trinket that passes by, but... Well, jackdaws and magpies are very similar in many respects, and are quite closely related, "Ooooh, that's a pretty stone. How'd you find it, if it's trapped on the far side of mirrors?" Jack's not found anything that shiny! Unless you count all that gold she found, but that was locked in a chest- she had to move it to get it to shine. So it clearly doesn't count.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #119

[Talking to Anri]

Choir had watched this process several times already.

She just needed to hold the glass under one of the nozzles and pull the little lever with her other hand. This she does, and her glass is filled with cold, yellow, sweet smelling slush.

Choir remembered this.

Years ago, when she was foraging, her human-sized aggregates had ransacked a human building where food was prepared. She had eaten something like this, and found it pleasant.

This particular beverage, notably, contained a small amount of hidden fire, ground fine. The beverages she had consumed before didn't

How did this machine know her dietary needs?

That question puzzled her. In fact, it puzzled her enough that she felt compelled to ask.

"How did you know what I would enjoy?"

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    In an Enclosed Grove Somewhere

The rather unperturbed hostess responds The sigil you entered in will take you back - but there may be more supplies if you state what you need. There's also an electrical system that runs around the edge of the complex that can be used for various effects.
    The cyborg nods, considering his options. There's only so much he can really do with pyrotechnics, honestly. You really have to go all out to impress the kinds of people who live in the Nexus; sticking to what is conventionally considered within the laws of physics is no way to make that happen. Plus, most of his work with explosive devices has been for the purpose of inflicting harm upon things, not harmlessly erupting in the sky and then petering away into nothing. Hm. He could probably rope his brother into this nonsense, if he phrased it right. Maybe sweeten the pot by allowing him to mingle with all these other weirdos, or look the other way if Needs wants to take some unsuspecting fae prince home and swallow them whole.

"Okay, so there's two things I need to know. One, are you okay with my bringing in my brother into this to help out, and two, what kind of statement are you trying to make with this masquerade party? What kind of feeling am I meant to evoke? There's a certain sort of crowd who attends these functions, what kind of lasting impression do you want to leave them with? Who is Lady Arachne?" Magtok asks, finally whirling about to face the hostess for the first time, and judge this stranger with his own mismatched eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi