New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

The promised first completed draft of Semper Fidelis.

Aside from the normal concerns (is it good or does it suck, typos, is the ending satisfying), I have a few questions.

1) To reiterate the question from the other night, what Equestria Daily fanfic tags apply? Did I manage to cross the grimdark divide?
    2) Should I divide this into smaller chapters for the sanity of the readers?
    3) If so, where are logical places to divide it? Assume somewhere between 2 and 5, 5 being the absolute maximum.
    Fortunately for you, sir, tomorrow is the last day of my internship, meaning I've got a week and half with not a whole lot to do. Expect bits and pieces of my usual nitpick throughout the week.

1) [Adventure] [Dark] [Shipping] fits the bill.
    2) Absolutely.
    3) I'll figure that out when I re-read it.

Agree with what's been said so far, and I'm liking the epilogue.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    And it also doesn't make sense. Sorry. Nobody will notice, that's for sure, but these words don't form a phrase. Or, at least, you need to make "Tactical" female, to reflect the gender of "System". And "Operations", well, needs to connect to something. If I knew the logic of what you're trying to say... Depending of how you logically connect the English words.
    Told you I suck at languages...!

Okay, then! Word logic would be

Adjutant* of ==> (the system of {tactical operations})

*female version, if gendered.

(As in, the AI wot helps the general move stuff to kill other stuff.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-11 at 08:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    That's my preferred approach btw. It works in 80% of all cases. The other 20% are the trash in my apartment. I'm stalling because I have to clean up today.
    That... Sound rather familiar, actually. Speaking of which, I should do the dishes when I'm done here...

Same here. But in the last weeks I always had to do something all day. When I stand up I always had to catch up 5-10 pages, and when I reached the last one, I had to leave the house. Then I had no time for replies and just opened all marked quotes in a new tab for later. When I came back, here were some more pages I had to catch up, and when I reached that end I had to leave house again for stuff.
    Aye. I'm lucky; I can do a lot of my posting from work. The first half is gathering quotes, then I spend an hour or so formatting (not counting stuff to do in between). I rather suspect my posting will slow considerably when I get a real job.

Maybe I'll quote wall you guys with a week's worth rather than a day's worth. Except I had already hit the maximum character size when I missed two days... Bother.

Well, okay then. But it's still no fair deal, since Braz counts for at least 3 good fillies, or 7 medicore, or 14 bad ones.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    I'm a skitty! Because skitties are cute and awesome and yet normal at the same time. Drearilly normal. Depressingly completely normal.
    I have to agree with Kurgan on the Smeargle, and disagree on the drearily normal. After all, you started the Djinni craze, didn't you?

But yeah, what you did with the dark types, I have done with ghost types over the years...

And Eevees... oh the eevees.

Bred like a thousand of those little rodents and still haven't gotten a single shiney. Darned eevees...
    I liked ghost too, up to emerald. Then it became less fun. Misdreavous was cool though, and Curse was AWESOME!

Couldn't handle eevee though. I just wasn't that into him, so anything beyond Espeon/Umbreon didn't appeal to me.

Of course, now there are like a bajillion eeveelutions. Rassunfrassun... Oh well. I've got 12 pokemon cartridges without battery backup1, and a massive crack in my gameboy screen. I doubt I'm going to really get back into pokemon to fix my 'haven't caught them all' bit anytime soon.

There is something to be said about physical embodiment shoulder ponies though. Namely that they're both cute and huggable. And can be thrown in a tupperware container when bad.
    ... I don't think that will solve our Nightmare Moon dilemma.

I own Zombies! I love Zombies! I even own Humans! Unfortunately, I have never gotten a real chance to play any of it. Bleh.
    Well, then you'll be one of the first to know if I actually crack enough to organize a Playground Get-Together at EsperDerek's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    If anyone gets to be impressive in their timezone ignoring, it's me. I get up at 3pm my time and stay up til 5am. I am essentially living an american time cycle in England.
    BE IMPRESSED.
    *laughs* Yes, I am impressed by your eccentricities of schedule, dear Lix Lorn. But I know you have a schedule, where EsperDerek continually confounds me.

In all seriousness though, I do respect your timeframe. It puts into perspective just how whiny I can be about my beauty sleep, and when I get it...

Also hug me.
    *hugs*

Sneasel. It sucked, but Sneasel had it. xD
    Hey! I'll have you know... That you are absolutely right. Who am I foolin'? Beat-up sucked. But t was fun! With Tyranitar as my last pokémon, I'd hit the enemy 5 times for maybe 50 damage total, then a sixth time for 50-75 more damage. It was a hay of a morale-breaker back in the day.

I... just... lolwhut. xD
    ...wait. Cat+spaceship. Where'd the rabbit come from?
    The rabbit? Oh. Um...
    It's recessive on the spaceship's side. And spaceship/mammal breeding works different than standard, so the spaceship's recessive mammal gene kicked in when it bred with a mammal, and BAM! cabbit. Is she buying it? Hope she doesn't look into the spaceship's breeding papers- they're fake.

Well, thing is, I'm supermassively powerful. Iliana, (the daughter)'s mother*2 is even MORE powerful than I am. Iliana feels inadequate. Since her mother (Ebony, the black furred espeon, as it happens) is an Espeon, she became an Umbreon to have an advantage. Her Motivation, to use the Exalted term, is to defeat her mother in combat. Unfortunately, she's willing to do anything to get the power needed.
    ANYTHING.
    Hm. Try telling her (and meaning it!) that you won't fight your own daughter, so no matter how strong you are, she has a 100% win chance. And hope she doesn't call you on it.

(Smirks)
    I wasn't making it up, you know.
    Oh, I know that- now at least.
    No, I'm warning those poor, hapless foals who think they can escape.

Once you step within the pony thread, keep all arms, legs, and other appendages in the cart at all times. Hats, cameras, sanity and other loose objects should be stored in the baskets provided under your seats. You may experience some Ponification, djinnification, or spontaneous mental dissolution due to cuteness and Silly exposure.

Enjoy the ride!

It's actually a philosophical statement, I think. Don't remember where I first heard it.
    I thought it might be. Similar to the more-common around here "I wouldn't join a club that would accept someone like me as a member".

Too bad, too. I thought I had a good position for once. Most minor debates in ponythread end with me telling Bobcat he's right. *shrug*

Charizard is the Derpy Hooves of the original pokemon fandom. His popularity is eternal.
    GASP! It's Sooooo true!2

Kingdra. HATE IT. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
    It is ugly and inelegant and SO HARD TO KILL.
    (fist to sky in true Kirkesque fashion)
    CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!
    Aye, Kingdra is ugly. I will admit that, when powering through silver, I only picked him for his type matchups, and because he could learn octozooka (or ink shot, or something).

As for hard to kill, meh. There's no kill like over-kill. Hard and fast is how me and mine fought. Sure, a match that went three rounds or more worried me, but it almost ne'er happened. Not with Claire, at least.

I am not fantastic. I am just one of the average awesomes on the playground. The spectacular people are Phoe and SiuiS and DBC and Thanqol and Trixie and various others I can't mention and, outside this thread, people like Serpentine and SMEE and Trobby and the great Roland himself. I am not up there with the spectaculars. ./////////.
    Pfffffft. I'll give you that a lot of those people are rather swell (don't know why SiuiS is on that list though, guy's a right arrogant good-fer-nothing, he is), but excluding yourself? Nope. Not happening. See, I've been trawling the playground for a while for D&D advice, and occasionally I'd get bored and wander. You share something with Serpentine and Roland (and Phoe, too, though I didn't really notice at the time). You're Famous. Do you know how long I've been seeing the phrase "she gets away with it because she's Lix Lorn"? I was honestly surprised and elated that Half of you folks were willing to talk to me.

I need a picture of a blushing pony hiding under a desk.
    I do too! But not for the same reason. I just think it would be cute.

*Yes, unlike SiuiS, my asterisks lead somewhere!

Durn format relics, makin' me look bad...

*2 Don't ask.
    So... Tempted...

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh, my expletive yes. The last time I played Emerald, I tried tackling the E4 with my (admittedly not earth-shattering and played mainy go get evolutions I'd not got before) team, Clair's four-asterisking Kingdra swept MY ENTIRE TEAM and I have NEVER seen so many. Four-asterisking critical. Four-asterisking hits. in my unlife.
    Hahaha. You know who I whomped Claire with? Can you guess?

Charizard3.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Funny, I would've taken you as a Smeargle.
    Eeeyup.

It's okay, Kingdra. *You're still a pretty dragon. *Just ignore the crazy lady who didn't try using Lanturn or Vaporeon against the gym leader.
    Or hay, don't ignore her! Her irritation is a sign of your grandeur, you unfortunately-drawn wonder, you!

That reminds me of this one game of Oregon Trail I played with a friend a few years back. *Before he died, Cobra Commander was bitten by snakes at least twice.
    I was going to say something about snakes and saint Patrick and tired of being bossed around, but it just requires too much set up for such an obscure and probably bland punch line.

So I'm going to go with "poor guy" didn't die from the venom so much as the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Also, I'm kind of preferential to Lucario.

One, because with a Special Attack favored one, he's a dragon destroyer. Two, with a dark type Special Attack move, he's a fighting type that can handle psychics.

And lastly: Hands.
    Eeeyup. I wanted to avoid some of the more supercool 'mons though. Except now I realize everything that made me discard lucario was false; metal type is weak against fire, and he's not legendary at all

Oh well. I'll just so I'm horrific undisciplined and hope that gets me off the hot seat4, there.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Sounds like he did a poor job of commanding them, then. And I feel dumber for having said that. Not a good day in Phoeville. Definitely managed to bring some kind of virus back from GenCon.
    Haha. Well, I thought it was funny at least...

And Ick. Hope your antibodies start to pick up the slack soon. The last thing we want or need is even less Phoe in our lives

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I continue to blame Australia.
    As do we all, my friend.

That cat should feel honored; he's a pretty pony now! Yay!
    You hear that, Buttermilk? You're a pony now! Evil Dr. McKitty5 is a pony.

Back in the day, I had a purebred level 100 Charizard. He was the only Pokemon I used throughout the entire game. Type differences stop mattering once you're ten levels higher than everything. And the gap just kept growing.*

Best Pokemon, or BEST Pokemon?
    Check my signature spoiler box, mate

[QUOTE=Vent Reynolt;11611255]There is a Filly Lixie and a Filly SiuiS somewhere!? Why was I not informed of this sooner?*

Okay, so you only meant Filly!SiuiS, but I'll be darned if I can't get the only form of blackmail that will work on anyone, even a goddess: cute baby pictures! :
    :

Hm. I'll help fund it!
    Or wait, no, that won't work. Lix wasn't born. Pony, she became one after adulthood. Oh! But we can turn her into a filly, and then take pictures!

Or well, you can. I accidentally turned her into a griffon.
    Oh wait hey! Let's make her a filly griffon! Has to be at least as cute as ponies!

I'd be pretty surprised if anypony here actually recognizes The Final Fantasy Legend games.
    one of those games I couldn't appreciate when I had it, and now that I do't have it, I wish I did.*

I understand that the whole Saga series - Saga Frontier, Romancing Saga - was a continuation of Final Fantasy Legend, much as Secret of Mana was a continuation of Final Fantasy Adventure.
    What, really? I'll have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Aw. Feel better soon. Also, I guess shoulder ponies would be cute. And useful, to boot. It'd be like having a familiar to assist you. But now I'm imagining being woken up at the crack of dawn by a pony partner who's tired of watching you sleep.
    ... Would that have to be an improved familiar? Or would the improved version be the regular 2' variety? What bonuses do you get from having a pony?

Because I think I've solved my familiar dilemma for next game. Hint: it will be a pony.

Also, pocket ponies are the best thing. Ever.
    ... Stars above, I have been undone. And it's because ponies.
    Tiny. Tiny cute ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Oh lord I feel so evil *shivers*

While he's incapitated I'll explain what happened.
    He just gathered up a bunch of friends and got a guy who was being kind of down of ponies a massive blast of orbital friendship cannon.
    All in the spirit of good fun.

So much friendship.

He got sent an orbital friendship strike from 9 different people. *It kind of broke him.
    Wow, kinda harsh XD
    So nine people hit him with the "c'mon. C'mooonnnnnnn~" about watching MLP at once?

I can't even plan that sort of thing. Good on you, mate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cavalry? Air force? Why specialize! Get em both!

And now I want to catch them all. I wonder how long it takes to train a Phoe up to a Shimmer and finally a Silver Lining. And if SiuiS would trade a Lixie for a Brazen_Shield. They level up faster if you trade them with your friends. And they all gain Rage.
    Even better! Mine learned Rage just by me thinking about it!
    Buuuuuut... I'm gonna have to say no. I don't think I'd survive very long if she were a higher level than I.
    And I don't have enough badges to get a Lix to do what I say in combat, anyway.

That's funny, because English is really confusing with it's rules for pronunciation. Here we just speak the letters in the words the same way they are written.
    Except you've got all those weird Russian things, like the backwards letters. Or the number 3. One of the letters is the number three. It ain't natural!

In all fairness though, I actually like how Russian writing looks. I just can't yet differentiate between any of the letters. They are all some hybrid of H, N and Z
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    This has got to stop! You've had this thread for less than a week, and already it's up to page 47!*
    I love ponies as much as the next guy, but this is too much! You should all be ashamed.
    There's children in some parts of the world who have to survive on a single thread a year, yet you have used 19 of them in eight months. Not even the crack pairings thread managed this. It's despicable.
    But seriously though, no-one can keep up with this. Can't we just have a pony subforum or something. I'm sure having 28500 posts on a single subject justifies the creation of one.
    I'm against this only because I have trouble keeping pace with a thread. Pony fandom is like a goldfish, it grows to fit it's container (if you ignore SMBG). I somehow doubt that having multiple threads would curb our enthusiasm... Hay, we'd have multi-linked through fiction threads, RP threads, specific cross-over discussion threads, continuity threads, and we'd still have stuff to talk about from last season (like Spike has a mother figure, and she's not Twilight).

I'd never leave the forum, and then starve
    or somehow learn to survive off of pony fandom

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Okay, in a completely unrelated matter, I think I've figured out a plan to separate the Excerpts of A Midnight Nightmare *with more than just your typical*

"* * * * * * * * * * **"

I'm gonna go out tonight when it's really dark, with my camera, and take pictures of the night sky, and use *those* to separate the Excerpts. I think that might work well.
    Sounds like a good idea, but hard to do. Night time is notoriously hard to photograph. She's shy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yeah, I've never had any luck with shinies, which gets all the more annoying when a friend of mine runs across them all the time. *Seriously, in Heart Gold, he went to capture Ho-Ho, and it was a friggin shiny!

Also, I know it is blasphemy amongst some groups, but I am really not a big fan of the Eeveelutions.
    I've had roughly twelve shinies. All but two of them were Red Guarados XD

BAD pony. BAD.
    THAT MEANS IT'S WORKING! QUICK WE NEED TO SEARCH FOR BABY LIXIE PICTURES!

I never cared for the Eevees myself, although now that each flavor has its own elemental immunity I suppose I should give them a try. *There is no way that Vaporeon will knock out Squirtle as my favorite gen 1 water-type, though.
    Wait, what? Immunities?
    I need to hit the bulbapedia, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Charger: It would be worth it.
    Still pondering...

Mask: That actually sounds kind of romantic.
    Doesn't it? There's something about the night sky. Everypony always writes about space as empty and distant and sterile, but I've always found it comforting.

...Ghk! My... my heart. My poor little heart. How did you... with the tiny and... but you were... And then...

*stares around the thread with shifty eyes, sees a bunch of ponies staring at her*
    *shrugs, grabs Midnight, and runs off into the horizon, giggling*
    Whelp, there they go.

Bring me a souvenir when you get back, 'k?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Sure sounds like it. And "Are you ready for the hot nights?" is not much better.
    Also, Pinkie in that song, "Are you ready for the birds and bees, the apple trees, and a whole lotta fooling around?"
    After which Megatron speaks of his hot nuts/hot nights.
    I really doubt these innuendos were accidental.
    Someone ship Megatron/Pinkie Pie ASAP.
    Wow, you're right. I think I tuned that out because Pinkie Pie.

But now I'm going to snicker every time I hear that commercial. Because Pinkie Pie.

Because they were ALSO next to cupcakes. *

What? *They're GOOOOD.
    There is this strange appeal... I want to try it myself. I'd need hotsauce first though, I tend not to use the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    more an image with Pinkie with a headset.
    And tomorrow's mission: place monocle!Fluttershy's head on various pictures.
    Oh, no, I meant, how were you asking? But your response is good too.

AAARGH! I don't understand, why is fluttershy's voice in my head, ALWAYS IN MY HEAD?! and half the time she's usurping command!

Wow, its been years since I've played Zombies!. *A friend of mine used to have it, and we played it a few times at the local gaming store, but after that, it sort of disappeared. *The replacement game we use for it now is Last Night On Earth. *Fun game, but not as open ended as Zombies! *Fun to go to ridiculous lengths to roleplay the characters they give you though.
    I'm surprised and pleased at how prolific Zombies! Seems to be.

Well, that is because Steelix' thing isn't speed. *It has one of the highest defenses in the game, a decent attack, decent hp, mediocre special defense, poor special attack, and abysmal speed. *Its base speed is 30, which can basically be translated to "you go last", so any points you put into speed with it can be better spent elsewhere.
    Decent attack? Hm. Mine must have been sub-par then. He was mostly a waste of time for me, given my play style.

Charger: Clearly this meeting must be held at a pony ranch.
    Charger: We are having a hard time visualising a better use for our meagre savings than travelling intercontinental to attend this game.
    How mug would an intercontinental flight cost you, anyway? I'm going to look at the logistics, if only for the fun of it.

That's several intercontinental flights, several regular flights, hotel fare, food monies, probably a rental car...

I it sad that I fins this fun in the same way as character generation?

Jayden: IT'S SO TRUE! I keep telling people this! There's one quote that's stuck with me forever and was part of my signature for 4 years: "I talked to my GM and got it resolved".
    D&D trouble is actually one of the things that got me started doing this! That and high school drama following me out of high school.*

Jayden: Mage doesn't work like that. The enemy in Mage isn't the evil mages, or the brain spiders, or any of that. The enemy is the world. The status quo wants to hammer you down and crush everything positive about the human spirit, put every human being to sleep. Being a Mage is the ultimate double bind: You have the power to create beautiful things, make the world better, but you also have the ability to fail and be crushed by the world's backlash. Wisdom, the core of the game, is figuring out which is which.
    Jayden: You could try that in Mage. You can join the guys who already do command the world. You can have all the money and drugs and sex you want. Nothing else. Just lots and lots of money, drugs, and sex. Occasionally you gotta kill a guy to keep humanity down. Being on the winning side's great, right?
    Well, the second part I meant more for the standard fantasy RP. Considering how often "save the world" comes up, and how often the world is just fine, one wonders if in the end, the Dark Powers are gun-shy rather than trigger-happy.

The first part would probably break the minds of all my gaming buddies. No arbitrary morality, no obvious 'quests'. Here is power. What do you do?

Sounds grand. *

All: Ahahahahahahaha!
    *Faces fall deathly grim. Even scared.*
    Jayden: Someone suggested that in game. I nearly shot him.
    Mask: We're also pretty sure that that's the plan of some evil mages.
    Well, given the scenario and world, my suggestion sounds pretty dumb. But out of context, it would be a sound idea. If it's actually viral, cant you weaken it to make a vaccine? Or evolve it into something helpful? Your belly is chock-full of stuff that would kill you and spread out of control if it could. Instead, it's beneficial.

Of course, hubris being a game mechanic type thing, I'm probably just talking myself into being a sympathetic villain...

Jayden: AH AM A BIG GRIFFON!

Jayden: Charizard is best pokemon. Dissenters will be eaten by Charizard.
    Charger: Also Dragonaire.
    ... so you are! Um... Why?
    Also, sig'd.

Oh. In that case: I still I refer you my both of the aforementioned answers.
    Aye. Epic level lich, kinda solves a lot of your problems for you.
    We could always assume that any situation you find yourself in takes epic level and lich into account already as a thought exercise though.
    Such as; how many levels of ninja does that rust monster have in order to be able to sneak up on, tie down, and then barter with a space armada commodore?

A least 60, and the good ninja from Rokugan, not that 'sudden strike' travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Overheat springs to mind. 140 power STAB. Air slash is a powerful flying move with a 30% flinch chance. Oh, and he can heal now.
    Neat, a good flinch move besides bite.

Buh-hwhuh? Healing, now? And removes your rock-weakness to boot? See?
    The entire point o all games pokemon is to slowly perfect Charizard.

Hmm, my post is too Pokemon. Need to Pony it up with a short image dump:

Spoiler
    Show

Ducktales! Ooh woo-ooh!

A vampire I don't hate! Amazing! :O

WARNING! Brohoofs may be hazardous to your health and to the health of those around you (within a 3-mile radius):

Quoted so that hopefully I can see half of these now XD

Seadra evolves into Kingdra. *Its a solid pokemon, overall good stats if memory serves (to lazy to look up now, but I think it is something like 95 base stats across the board). *My big problem with it is that it Seadra looks much cooler to me.
    The 95 sounds right, from my past research. Kind of bland. I can't stand having all even stats, if they don't stand out as all high or all low. I've disregard otherwise perfect pokemon because of it.

More general, when I was looking for the above image, I stumbled across this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Considering the talk of top hats earlier, figured I'd post it.
    ... This Rarity is best Rarity. Look at that 'stache!

Charger: The entire nWoD line, when they're doing it right, acts as a toolkit. It's easy to play a game on either side of the story/character line with it, though it does lend itself to a character driven plot more.
    Jayden: Which I prefer!
    An interesting path to ruminate on. I'm only really familiar with oWoD (and I only learned he acronym recently; what happened to divide the old and new?). I fell for the trap; worrying about the rules and numbers. The coordinates, not the pretty pictures they made on the grid.

I would like more character driven games myself, but that's because I'm tired of games which are unhinged by characters. If it doesn't matter who I am, or who my team mates are, then why am I role-playing?

Jayden: The premise is "Wizards from Atlantis hide in secret societies and secretly manipulate everything". It sounds like the singular most bogus premise ever.
    Mask: But, as usual, it's all in the execution. (Also note that we're talking nMage; we have no experience with oMage)
    Charger: Now, how to make this post topical for ponies?
    Jayden: Way ahead of ya.
    Aye. I'm thinking "It's all in the presentation" is going to be my new motto. It's made a lot of sense this last month or so.

Jayden: Griffon magic. Discuss.
    Similar to Pegasus but much, much weaker. Griffons are closer to monsters than to ponies. They also are bigger, stronger, more survival-capable. So gut feeling tells me that ponies are more magical, to make up for it.

Else, how would they be the dominant species?

I like Bobcat's consideration of other types of magic though. Maybe griffons can channel more primal elemental energy (yes, including your fireball) while being less adept at the complex systems (such as weather). Can make ice and vapor, but not clouds; electricity, but not lightning storms. Etc.*

Geez, dude, it's not like I've tried to keep my location some sort of terrible secret or something, but if you insist on doing this, I'll state that the others are right, and I am indeed in the Eastern Time Zone.
    Well, we could always skip to the last step and just have you telle what city you're in

-
    DarthBobcat's quote is no longer topical, since he has updated his story while I was thinking about typing about how he is updating his story. :smallredfwce:
    -

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    The more we talk about this, the more I realize I probably would take time off to go play tabletop games with playgrounders and ponythreaders...
    I think the easiest way to have a trial run is just get everypony to remember to go the GENCON next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Hello fellow Pony loving friends. Long time no see.

I'm posting to let those of you interested know that I have started recruitment for:

Thank you, and have a nice day.
    Hm. Maybe worth looking into... I've always wanted to see one of these games from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Here ya go. (It's free.)
    yay!
    Now to try and get it to work on an iPhone.

How about Don't Wake Rarity, like Don't Wake Daddy, with her dressed like on the train in Over a Barrel?
    I'd play that.*

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    I would, but the chip is too big. I can't fit anything else. :(
    Silly Dromer, ponies can stand on chips. Except Pinkie, she'd eat it.

Image dump, DT edition. because everypony needs love.
    Spoiler
    Show

Wow, that's the best picture of Snails I've yet seen. Cool.

Dragonair! <3 I wanna do a Dragonair cosplay someday.
    Oh wow, that would be cool to see.*

I figure it deserves that little extra effort, to at least see if it works.

On the other hand, I've been looking through Hubble photos, and man, I forgot how beautiful some of them are.

I wanted to be an astronaut when I was young.
    Aye, indeed. The night sky is a beautiful thing.

Monoshy keeps getting better. I can finally put to media how ponythread makes me feel each and every time I log on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. A thousand times, Yes.

I suppose it's somewhat ironic, seeing as Trixie became the thread caretaker by dint of hijacking it from Jahkaivah way back at #3.*

In ponythread, it's kill or be killed. Or is it hugged? I always get those two confused. One time, tragically, at a wedding.
    why can't we hug AND be hugged? I don't want to leave off with just one way hugs.

Also, this made me laugh. Probably harder than necessary. Thanks for that, Phoe.

I don't think I could live with myself if I hugged someone I hated at a wedding.
    I don't think I could live if I killed someone by hugging them... Ouch.*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Oh god so ashamed.
    Lurk mode activated.
    No worries and no hard feelings, mate. I just don't handle friends fighting with friends very well, and the thread starting thing had me rather emotionally charged.
    I could have handled that better, by asking how you meant it. Seems I've got a long way to go before I get my next Dan in Friendship.

So I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. Still friends?

I mostly didn't want to offend Trixie. *And yeah, we should have seen this coming when she left.

Note that I'm NOT mad at anyone. *I'm just worried that Trixie's feelings will be hurt.
    Aye, hopefully, she's fine. But this is one of those things that got worse by us putting it off, methinks. Never a fun situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Sooooooooooo... I was wondering if anyone had links to this Moe guy's art. I've seen a few on EqD's Drawfiends, and I really want some more. He did this one:

Spoiler
    Show

I've tried Googling it to no avail.
    I only find them on eqD And the pony boards.
    Aren't they gorgeous?!

In all honesty, Thanqol may have shown me that there is still time to improve, but Moe's work is really what inspires me. I want a desktop so I have the processing power to handle learning how to do that.

I've never found scenery all that beautiful, before. But this? Wow.

It's raining and overcast today, but a clear night should be on it's way soon and the weather is getting warm enough to resume my traditional night time walks. I'll keep you posted.
    ... Hm. That's odd.

You get rain in Australia? I thought you had to fight wallabies for water, after they ring it from stones.

I think she serves as the town librarian. *In fact, it's possible that the library had been closed for a while because there wasn't a certified book-pony in town, but now that they have a poor grad student who's willing to work for room and board and access to the books, they're good to go.
    That's highly probable. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    And for the Record-- for the third time-- we sleep with knives under our pillows: no way anyone could hurt me in my sleep ^^
    you don't have to keep bringing that up, silly. You Re going to mOe me look like a psychopath! they aren't supposed to know until the game at Esper's!

Also NO!
    Worth a shot, I guess

So anyway, I was walking -

Jayden: Wait, did the core personality resurrect itself when we weren't looking?

You were distracted! We were in a lecture!

Jayden: Nuh uh. Not today.

Oh hell.

*Camera shifts to a shot of a rolled up carpet being thrown off a bridge*

Jayden: The republic of Jayden now sidelines in carpet removal.
    Haha. Poor Guy. Just cant catch a Break.

As long as you're fine with Rainbow Dash always dressing in you.
    ... *shudder*

That was a fun visual. I wish it didn't have accompanying tactile components >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I think Esper should use this for except breaks

Spoiler
    Show

or something like it....
    Ah, the moon. That backwards deciever! Codere isto grow bigger, docere is to get smaller, yet the moon shows a D for docere while waxing and a C for codere while waning.

Such a sly, sly moon~

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    which one is the responsible, hard-working, loving single-mother mail mare? and which one is the Muffin loving, fridge emptying, carrot-top room mate and timelord companion bachelorette?
    Why, haven't you seen movies like the parent trap, silly? They do rock-paper-scissors to determine who does what dab day.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Hi pony thread.

Ishida strikes again

Bye pony thread.
    DeadManSleeping! Hi!
    How is the Old Mare's Tale coming along? You've been quiet for a while, I was starting to worry about you.

Life, I presume, has been acting up?

But... I'm a pony. I don't think I can pull off leather pants!
    I'd have thought getting them on was the really tricky part.

But what do I know? I just wear a hat.

Huh, new thread, but no Trixie.

And it's raining outside. And I won't have internet for at least an day because I'm moving. Bad day.
    Sorry to hear it man. Hopefully, all sorts of fun stuff waiting for you, and hopefully not too much of your time will be needed to catch up

-

Wow. I'm done? I'm done. Neat.
    Normally I would catch up with stuff from the interim, but my eyes feel like they are made of sand, and my tears are liquid fire. The rest of my face isn't to happy about their shift, either.
    So, goodnight (morning?) pony thread.

1: I lost so much, from that. My Charizard who left the viridian forest at level 100, and stomped Brock into a paste. Black Fog, my Haunter with mazes starting stat values. A legit mew, eight copies of said mew, and three illegitimate mews. Love Machine, the ditto I caught who had full health while I was booking it back to a PKMN center with 1 critter at 1 HP, and I used a pokeball to boot.
    On the upside, finally got rid of that blasted togepi.

2: note to self; ask someone to make a Stephen Magnet "it's ssssoooooo true!" faced emoticon.

3: Granted, it was luck and breeding. And outrage. Charizard with a dragon type move? Yes please. Poor guy didn't make it much further, though.

4: I hope you're happy, Commodore. Typing hot and seat as one word now autocorrects to Horseatio. No idea how that happened.

5: Buttermilk is a villain to the core, despite being a sweet cat. He does prison exercises (such as pull-ups; ever seen a cat do chin ups? Crazy) and having a weird sort of diabolical laugh. Also, just one eye, which really adds to the look.

: xxx
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-11 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Tag errors.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, so they finally found out who was in the balloon in the giant poster. Turns out it was Cherry and a pony that looks like Orion, who is apparantly going to be in Season 2. Sweet.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I have played umpteen games, and my Gen III to V Pokemon number about 700, and I have only the Red Gyrados from HeartGold.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Aye. Epic level lich, kinda solves a lot of your problems for you.
    We could always assume that any situation you find yourself in takes epic level and lich into account already as a thought exercise though.
    Such as; how many levels of ninja does that rust monster have in order to be able to sneak up on, tie down, and then barter with a space armada commodore?

A least 60, and the good ninja from Rokugan, not that 'sudden strike' travesty.
    No matter how impossibly contrived you make the situation, it still does not change the fact I am not ever going to name my weapons. They aren't entities, they are tools. You don't name your cutlery, do you? No? Then why on Fearmore would I want to name my weapons, because that is about the level I regard them as?

As to the question - ignoring teleportation, as high as he likes, because I have scanners, and the station has sensors. It then becomes not a question of skill but if can you find cloaking techology that will work in atmosphere against advanced sensors.

(And yes, I'm avoiding the question, because no, I'm not going to estimate my Spot/Listen skills. They are on what I would call a need to know basis. And, I remind myself, no-one needs to know...)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    4: I hope you're happy, Commodore. Typing hot and seat as one word now autocorrects to Horseatio. No idea how that happened.
    [Neslon voice]Hah-hah![/Neslon voice]
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-11 at 08:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, so they finally found out who was in the balloon in the giant poster. Turns out it was Cherry and a pony that looks like Orion, who is apparantly going to be in Season 2. Sweet.
    Balloon's empty in that version, isn't it? Also, yeah, I'm gonna keep calling him Blues Mayne.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

I have played umpteen games, and my Gen III to V Pokemon number about 700, and I have only the Red Gyrados from HeartGold.
    The only reasonable way to get a non-event shiny without hacking is using the Pokeradar in D/P/P versions. With some time (okay, a lot of time) you can up the shiny encounter rate from 1 in 8000 to about 1 in 200. I got my first shiny this way (a Nidoran(F) who is now an awesome green Nidoqueen :3).

Then again, I also spent several hours trying to get a shiny Beldum to no avail. Be prepared to waste plenty of time and pokedollars if you want shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue
    Balloon's empty in that version, isn't it? Also, yeah, I'm gonna keep calling him Blues Mayne.
    Supposedly it was confirmed by a member of the show's production staff. Supposedly.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

I just noticed that I haven't posted in this thread yet. I must correct this travesty.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

2: note to self; ask someone to make a Stephen Magnet "it's ssssoooooo true!" faced emoticon.
    Holy text wall, Batman!

Echoing others when I agree with Smeargle for Inkwell.

Also, it's already done:

Edit: whoops, you meant emoticons, and not the larger images. I agree, we really need one of those.

The only reasonable way to get a non-event shiny without hacking is using the Pokeradar in D/P/P versions. With some time (okay, a lot of time) you can up the shiny encounter rate from 1 in 8000 to about 1 in 200. I got my first shiny this way (a Nidoran(F) who is now an awesome green Nidoqueen :3).

Then again, I also spent several hours trying to get a shiny Beldum to no avail. Be prepared to waste plenty of time and pokedollars if you want shinies.
    I've had awful luck with shinies. I had played through all of Gold, Silver, Crystal, Fire Red, Sapphire, Emerald, Platinum, and Heart Gold before I found even one shiny (Lake of Rage Gyarados doesn't count). Sure, it was a Charmander, but I had to use RNG abuse just to get it. (After about 400 Masuda Method eggs, I was tired of waiting. Also, never try to RNG for a shiny on Heart Gold/Soul Silver; you can't advance the RNG like you can in Platinum.)

I have only recently encountered my first, completely legitimate shiny in White version. It is a Bastiodon (I LOVE BASTIODON!) that I got from a fossil.

I suppose I shouldn't complain about my luck with shinies, since I have encountered Pokerus twice now. Once in Crystal, and once in Emerald, which I have transferred all the way to White version.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-11 at 09:35 AM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

I found a handful of shinies in Gen II (there was a shiny Metapod that I remember, and I think something else as well, but that was years ago). Since then, nothing.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-08-11 at 09:38 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Colossus in the Playground

Pfffffft. I'll give you that a lot of those people are rather swell (don't know why SiuiS is on that list though, guy's a right arrogant good-fer-nothing, he is), but excluding yourself? Nope. Not happening. See, I've been trawling the playground for a while for D&D advice, and occasionally I'd get bored and wander. You share something with Serpentine and Roland (and Phoe, too, though I didn't really notice at the time). You're Famous. Do you know how long I've been seeing the phrase "she gets away with it because she's Lix Lorn"? I was honestly surprised and elated that Half of you folks were willing to talk to me.
    Jayden: We're famous!
    Mask: For what it's worth, as far as we were aware Lix was famous too.

How mug would an intercontinental flight cost you, anyway? I'm going to look at the logistics, if only for the fun of it.

That's several intercontinental flights, several regular flights, hotel fare, food monies, probably a rental car...

I it sad that I fins this fun in the same way as character generation?
    Mask: $1000-1500? Depending on season?
    Charger: If your obsessive urge leads you to research this we could do with a quote. Note that any such trip from us absolutely requires somepony prepared to volunteer their couch because we are too poor for hotels.

D&D trouble is actually one of the things that got me started doing this! That and high school drama following me out of high school.*
    Mask: Gaming drama is worst drama.
    Jayden: I'm actually of the belief that most games succeed or fail during character creation. Some games go on after that, some even finish, doesn't change the facts.

Well, the second part I meant more for the standard fantasy RP. Considering how often "save the world" comes up, and how often the world is just fine, one wonders if in the end, the Dark Powers are gun-shy rather than trigger-happy.

The first part would probably break the minds of all my gaming buddies. No arbitrary morality, no obvious 'quests'. Here is power. What do you do?

Sounds grand. *
    Mask: I still remember when we hit that paradigm shift. We came to a game of Exalted and tried to roll up a D&D style rogue. It took us a while to get our head around the idea that we'd maxxed out all our combat stats with less than half of our starting skill points. It took us even longer to figure out that we could do things.

Well, given the scenario and world, my suggestion sounds pretty dumb. But out of context, it would be a sound idea. If it's actually viral, cant you weaken it to make a vaccine? Or evolve it into something helpful? Your belly is chock-full of stuff that would kill you and spread out of control if it could. Instead, it's beneficial.

Of course, hubris being a game mechanic type thing, I'm probably just talking myself into being a sympathetic villain...
    Jayden: Okay, okay, I'm going to stop you there. The thing about Mage is that there's this thing called the Abyss. It's everything wrong with the world. It's the crack in every human's soul, it's the poison rent in the world, it is the crushing status quo. Furthermore, it's sentient and actively malicious. Nothing good can come from it, by definition. It is utterly without redeeming features.
    Mask: Note that the Supernal Realms, the Realms of Truth, consist of Heaven, Hell, Arcadia, the Underworld and the Primal Wild. Hell is a *good thing*. It's the kind of pain that teaches, that purges, that redeems, and that punishes the wicked. The Abyss isn't that pain. It's the kind that teaches you nothing and produces nothing and at the end of the day, even if you beat it, you're still worse off.
    Jayden: And the best part? It only comes into the world when Mages screw up magic. The Abyss *is* your hubris out to get you. You can't make friends with it. You can't fix it.

... so you are! Um... Why?
    Also, sig'd.
    Jayden: I refuse to accept tininess for myself. I have my adorable dignity.

An interesting path to ruminate on. I'm only really familiar with oWoD (and I only learned he acronym recently; what happened to divide the old and new?). I fell for the trap; worrying about the rules and numbers. The coordinates, not the pretty pictures they made on the grid.

I would like more character driven games myself, but that's because I'm tired of games which are unhinged by characters. If it doesn't matter who I am, or who my team mates are, then why am I role-playing?
    Charger: oWoD is a product of the 90's: Gonzo fun with consensus reality. It can be played as dark and street level, but it can also be played as katana-wielding motorbike-wearing trenchcoat Matrix stars. It's got a very specific setting and a strong metaplot. It's also a source of eternal flamewars on RPGnet.
    Mask: Our personal tastes tell us we would not much care for oWoD.
    Charger: nWoD is a darker, more personal individual level game. It's designed as a toolkit, allowing you to pick out any ideas or true rationales for realities from a huge list. nWoD is unambiguously a horror game, and it can be played in so many ways.
    Jayden: The system is a dream, though. Some game lines you have to take a PhD to understand the core mechanic. Not here. My favourite touch is that there's no 'to hit' roll. You just roll damage. Combat is fast paced and lethal, as it should be.

Aye. I'm thinking "It's all in the presentation" is going to be my new motto. It's made a lot of sense this last month or so.
    Charger: On that topic, this TV show left a huge impression on me. The situation is an old man standing around in his house doing nothing. The execution is amazing. This show really became one of my huge writing influences.

Similar to Pegasus but much, much weaker. Griffons are closer to monsters than to ponies. They also are bigger, stronger, more survival-capable. So gut feeling tells me that ponies are more magical, to make up for it.

Else, how would they be the dominant species?
    Mask: Ponies could just breed more?

I like Bobcat's consideration of other types of magic though. Maybe griffons can channel more primal elemental energy (yes, including your fireball) while being less adept at the complex systems (such as weather). Can make ice and vapor, but not clouds; electricity, but not lightning storms. Etc.*
    Jayden: I support the idea of fireballs on demand. We agree.

In all honesty, Thanqol may have shown me that there is still time to improve, but Moe's work is really what inspires me. I want a desktop so I have the processing power to handle learning how to do that.

I've never found scenery all that beautiful, before. But this? Wow.
    Mask: We do not even consider Moe level a possibility at this stage. Other drawings we can see how we'd approach them. This? Indistinguishable from magic. Ask again in 20 years.

... Hm. That's odd.

You get rain in Australia? I thought you had to fight wallabies for water, after they ring it from stones.
    Mask: We don't get rain, we get the Great Wet. We either get no rain or enough to lose a major city in.
    Wow. I'm done? I'm done. Neat.
    Normally I would catch up with stuff from the interim, but my eyes feel like they are made of sand, and my tears are liquid fire. The rest of my face isn't to happy about their shift, either.
    So, goodnight (morning?) pony thread.
    Charger: A wise choice! We shall imitate!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-11 at 10:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Back when I was a young guttersnipe (and now I snipe from the second floor, moving up!), I got a shiny beedrill on gold/silver's bug catching event.

And that's it for randomly found ones.

And now to ponies:
    Is it crazy!Luna or Loona when describing when she goes mad?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #133

Its crazy!Luna/loona/loonya.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-11 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Eeeyup. I wanted to avoid some of the more supercool 'mons though. Except now I realize everything that made me discard lucario was false; metal type is weak against fire, and he's not legendary at all

Oh well. I'll just so I'm horrific undisciplined and hope that gets me off the hot seat4, there.
    Metal is also weak against Fighting, and Fighting isn't resistant to itself.

But honestly, if you have a DS, just go find a new copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver.

Your Pokemon follow you around in game.

And the Pokewalker was an awesome marketing idea by Nintendo.

I can also provide any Pokemon, of any gender and shiny for a DS game. Nature, ability and natural values are completely random.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Part 1 of Multiquote monstrosity. I AM learning, SiuiS...

I think she serves as the town librarian. In fact, it's possible that the library had been closed for a while because there wasn't a certified book-pony in town, but now that they have a poor grad student who's willing to work for room and board and access to the books, they're good to go.
    And now I'm jealous. I have to put up with snotty undergrads for my room and board. (No offense to undergrads, just the snotty ones)

The pony script is very different. Recall that the book of Equestrian history Twilight read in the pilot was basically a picture book.
    I demand that we develop a fan theory of Equine script. Is it pictographic? An actual alphabet? Something else?

There is, of course, a world of difference between not going to the library and being illiterate.

In my continuity, Big Mac is a voracious reader and gives them to Applejack and Apple Bloom when he's done (see, in It's Always Sunny, Applejack concluding that she'd read too many of big mac's books at least once).
    ... hm. If I felt like doing Twilight/Mac shipping, there's my angle.
    DO EEEEET! I liked Ships that Pass in the Night for precisely this reason, and my only regret was:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They never actually got together. Hence the title, I suppose.

Luna... the diamond dogs are besieging us, and Tirek the Cruel will soon have the ring of power. I wish to spare us from having to see this come to pass.

Tia, are you making an enormous funeral pyre?

Shhh shhh shhh, it'll be over soon.

Tia, I think you're overreacting.
    Well, maybe she's part phoenix; it's less desperation move than dirty trick.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

16. - Top - End - #136

Else, how would they be the dominant species
    ?

Well, why are the buffalo not the dominant species? Bigger than any pony and with a massive rack of horns, they could easily take over the plains. Why not? It is simple. They know that the ponys princess controls the sun and moon, and to anger her would bring the wrath of a pony with god-like powers. As for griffens, it may have something to do with the fact they are carnivores with dietary needs that are hard to meet in a world that consists of talking animals.

Also, this was brought up in another thread. The ponys reacted better to a griffen ( a undisputed meat eater) and buffalo ( larger and with a wicked set of horns) than to a presumably forign pony that turned out to be a zebra. Now, what could make a group of ponys be so xenophopic to a presumed pony but still be perfectly fine with a griffen walking the streets?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Also, this was brought up in another thread. The ponys reacted better to a griffen ( a undisputed meat eater) and buffalo ( larger and with a wicked set of horns) than to a presumably forign pony that turned out to be a zebra. Now, what could make a group of ponys be so xenophopic to a presumed pony but still be perfectly fine with a griffen walking the streets?
    I think there's two things at work here:

1) The griffon was a guest of an established member of the community. Once the mane six accepted Zecora, the rest of the town followed suit. True, it took some convincing, but being with a pony already in town certainly helps.

2) Zecora is only "like" a pony. She's different enough to seem unnatural, and living in the Everfree doesn't help her image much either.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    And the Pokewalker was an awesome marketing idea by Nintendo.
    Mine is on my person constantly. I shall get my Spiritomb...!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife
    I can also provide any Pokemon, of any gender and shiny for a DS game. Nature, ability and natural values are completely random.
    When get to the point where I'm trading in anger (still only half-way through mt Black game) I might take you up on that. But that's loooong way off.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

2) Zecora is only "like" a pony. She's different enough to seem unnatural, and living in the Everfree doesn't help her image much either.
    Basically, she's in pony uncanny valley?

Mine is on my person constantly. I shall get my Spiritomb...!

When get to the point where I'm trading in anger (still only half-way through mt Black game) I might take you up on that. But that's loooong way off.
    Oh, I can also get you some event exclusives you might have missed.

That's honestly what I use it for myself.

That and despite having played every game since the original Red and Blue, I've never gotten a shiny other than Lake of Rage Gyarados without an AR.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-11 at 11:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

1) The griffon was a guest of an established member of the community. Once the mane six accepted Zecora, the rest of the town followed suit. True, it took some convincing, but being with a pony already in town certainly helps.

3) I wonder if Zecora had had some sort of encounter with the townsfolk that nopony felt like actually mentioning. After all... everypony knew her name.

RE suggestion pertinent to Applejack
    Spoiler
    Show
    approving a lie: making the change.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

She works for the mail service, which in Ponyville doubles as a moving company because ALL BUSINESSES SELL TWO THINGS.
    This reminds me, my order from Mustaches and Lawn Darts should be arriving shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    It's a fuzzle or be fuzzled world out there, with all those huggly ponies hugging and stuff...
    I don't know what half of the words mean, but they are all adorable. Confound you Inkwell, and your adorableness!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    My mind -> the gutter
    This feel. I know it better than I'd like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    There's something oddly cute about this pic

Snails x Diamond Tiara
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. I'm actually warming up to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon (Silver Spoon moreso). I'd like them to get some development beyond "rich bitches."
    They've been growing on me as well. Maybe if they had some personal growth moment, they'd be a lot more tolerable; also, their designs are kind of nice, so it's a pity to have to hate such pretty ponies.

In Unrelated news, my cat is unsure of who I am addressing when I tell him he's now a pony. It's priceless, because he doesn't have enough guile to wonder if maybe, maybe, I'm teasing him.
    I refuse to believe in a cat lacking guile <.< >.>

Off-Topic fine:
    I love this blog far more than I should. Have you seen the most recent one with the staring contest?

Mask: $1000-1500? Depending on season?
    Charger: If your obsessive urge leads you to research this we could do with a quote. Note that any such trip from us absolutely requires somepony prepared to volunteer their couch because we are too poor for hotels.
    SiuiS: You have my logistics research!
    Druid Droid: And my couch!

And now to ponies:
    I personally like Loona, if only because of the Loonas gonna Loon meme.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Also, speaking of a telescope, Twilight has one in the library. Do you think the town has lost the use of the library now that she's moved in?
    I'd imagine Twilight as the type that wants to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The Element of Demanding is what will be! All shall love me and dispair! Now! I mean it!
    *despair
    And that's my catchphrase!

*laughs* Yes, I am impressed by your eccentricities of schedule, dear Lix Lorn. But I know you have a schedule, where EsperDerek continually confounds me.

In all seriousness though, I do respect your timeframe. It puts into perspective just how whiny I can be about my beauty sleep, and when I get it...
    Oh good. xD

*hugs*
    (hugs) ^^

Hey! I'll have you know... That you are absolutely right. Who am I foolin'? Beat-up sucked. But t was fun! With Tyranitar as my last pokémon, I'd hit the enemy 5 times for maybe 50 damage total, then a sixth time for 50-75 more damage. It was a hay of a morale-breaker back in the day.
    Haha. True.

The rabbit? Oh. Um...
    It's recessive on the spaceship's side. And spaceship/mammal breeding works different than standard, so the spaceship's recessive mammal gene kicked in when it bred with a mammal, and BAM! cabbit. Is she buying it? Hope she doesn't look into the spaceship's breeding papers- they're fake.

Huh, I see. That almost makes sense.
    ...I see your sneaky white text, mister. I'm on to you. >:3

Hm. Try telling her (and meaning it!) that you won't fight your own daughter, so no matter how strong you are, she has a 100% win chance. And hope she doesn't call you on it.
    Nonono. It's her OTHER mother she wants to fight. The marginally psychotic one who is more chaotic than I and less good.

Oh, I know that- now at least.
    No, I'm warning those poor, hapless foals who think they can escape.

Once you step within the pony thread, keep all arms, legs, and other appendages in the cart at all times. Hats, cameras, sanity and other loose objects should be stored in the baskets provided under your seats. You may experience some Ponification, djinnification, or spontaneous mental dissolution due to cuteness and Silly exposure.

Enjoy the ride!
    xDDD

I thought it might be. Similar to the more-common around here "I wouldn't join a club that would accept someone like me as a member".

Too bad, too. I thought I had a good position for once. Most minor debates in ponythread end with me telling Bobcat he's right. *shrug*
    Dawww. Sorry? (hugs)

GASP! It's Sooooo true!2
    Good old steven magnet. xD

Aye, Kingdra is ugly. I will admit that, when powering through silver, I only picked him for his type matchups, and because he could learn octozooka (or ink shot, or something).

As for hard to kill, meh. There's no kill like over-kill. Hard and fast is how me and mine fought. Sure, a match that went three rounds or more worried me, but it almost ne'er happened. Not with Claire, at least.
    Someone should sprite a better looking Kingdra.

I...
    I'mma going to hide now. Maybe on the moon. For a thousand years.

I do too! But not for the same reason. I just think it would be cute.
    Heh.

Durn format relics, makin' me look bad...
    Hee. xD

So... Tempted...
    Well I can if you REALLY want, but it's not as interesting as you'd think...

Hm. I'll help fund it!
    Or wait, no, that won't work. Lix wasn't born. Pony, she became one after adulthood. Oh! But we can turn her into a filly, and then take pictures!

Or well, you can. I accidentally turned her into a griffon.
    Oh wait hey! Let's make her a filly griffon! Has to be at least as cute as ponies!
    ...you are ganging up on me.

Besides, I have been known to be a filly.

Even better! Mine learned Rage just by me thinking about it!
    Buuuuuut... I'm gonna have to say no. I don't think I'd survive very long if she were a higher level than I.
    And I don't have enough badges to get a Lix to do what I say in combat, anyway.
    You could try asking.

Every shiny I have ever had legally has been a Red Gyrados.

THAT MEANS IT'S WORKING! QUICK WE NEED TO SEARCH FOR BABY LIXIE PICTURES!
    Don't worry, Lixie. Breathe in and out. They don't know any of your mothers. Nor do they know Trobby who has pictures of me transformed to ickle girl.

Iiiii shouldn't have said that.

Wow, that's the best picture of Snails I've yet seen. Cool.
    Slightly related!
    Snails I don't really like... but I do think Snips will grow out of it and be a perfectly good guy.

The entire point of all pokemon games is to slowly perfect Charizard.
    May I sig that?

No matter how impossibly contrived you make the situation, it still does not change the fact I am not ever going to name my weapons. They aren't entities, they are tools. You don't name your cutlery, do you? No? Then why on Fearmore would I want to name my weapons, because that is about the level I regard them as?
    You can't make it contrived enough?
    Okay. My rule about convincing you instead of forcing you? Name the weapons or I 'forget' my limits. Would that do it?

Well, maybe she's part phoenix; it's less desperation move than dirty trick.
    Philomena is her half sister/illegitimate daughter/mother/

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    I still maintain, with all due apologies, that I am the most massively overpowered among us.
    Cheeeeaaaatiiiing! (whines)

Dragonair! <3 I wanna do a Dragonair cosplay someday.
    ...preeetty

The. Hell.

I...I... am pretty sure I will never be ready for Megatron's "hot nuts", and I am rather thankful about it, to be perfectly honest...

Actually, that does sound more like Lixie's sort of thing...
    With Megatron? Ick. He's kinda a jerk.

Dammit.

Sorry Lightspeed, Toxin, Gloomgaze, Drown, Galesmite and Singe. You'll have to get our revenge another time.

Tree...

Viper...

Eye...

Cash...

Swell...

Cinda...

Don't look so down. We'l get 'em next time. When we outfit you all with rocket launchers Muahahahaha!
    You could beat up the Kingdra nonfatally!

C&C Pony voices:

GLA Tunnel Network Diamond Dogs "The tunnels will protect us!"

China Nuke Cannon Celestia "Behold the bringer of light..."

GLA Scorpion Sweetie Belle "Scorpion, ready to sing!"
    I approve so much. xD
    Luna: Apollo cannon: "Targetting pattern set!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    I take this as confirmation that this scheme would be effective.

Now, where to find said baby pictures, though...
    VERY bad pony. >:3

We should start cataloging the ponysanity.

World-ending potential threats to equestria 2a: Ponythread

1. Power-mad artifact hungry unicorn
    2. Multiple tears into the fabric of space time each time someone gets in an airship
    3. Iron Hoof/Tyrantia maybe?
    4. The Elements of Ponythread going Captain Planet... that can't end well
    5. Orbital space lich
    6. Pink One and the cult of the aforementioned
    7. Apple Jack
    8. That one-
    A-HEM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Trixie, Hero of Equestria

Did the fan shop sell two thing?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-11 at 11:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Well also, Tiara and Spoon ARE children. As a future teacher, I have to believe that every child can be reached if only someone is willing to make the effort.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

25. - Top - End - #145

2) Zecora is only "like" a pony. She's different enough to seem unnatural, and living in the Everfree doesn't help her image much either

Yeah, I suppose. I mean, the townsfolk are fine with a baby dragon walking around, so there not as xenophobic as some make them out to be. But, what does that say about ponies? I have a idea : Ponys have a internal urge to accociate varying creatures with jobs and tasks due to there natural urge to be nature. For instance, a earth pony helps support the earth and pegusi control the weather, and griffens are hunters while the buffalo are the caretakers of the plains. However, a strange not-pony does not fit in with this view at first, because if it not one of the three main pony breeds, what is it. After all, what would you do if a person that some primitive part of your mind identified as inhuman came out of a area you already identified as not "natural"?

Edit. Ya, zecora was/is uncanny valley to ponys.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-11 at 11:17 AM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone knew her name. Allow me to paint you a scenario.

SCENE: THE OUTSKIRTS OF PONYVILLE!

Zecora: This town seems like a pleasant place, let's see what kind of folk I face.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP! You're new! That means that you don't have any friends, and if you don't have any friends that must mean you're lonely and if you're lonely, that makes me so sad! This calls for a party!

Zecora: Excuse me, I don't want to fret, but I don't believe that we've met. My name is Zecora, from a land far away, now please tell me your name, pray?

Oh, sorry, my name's Pinkie Pie! I can show you around town and then we can have the party at my place!

Zecora: Actually if you do not mind, I am not really in a bind, I like my privacy, you see, so I don't care for a party. And I don't need a guide, but don't think I'm being snide. (wanders off)

Oh no! She turned down my party? But what kind of pony doesn't like parties? ... SHE'S AN EVIL ENCHANTRESS! I HAVE TO WARN THE TOWN!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-11 at 11:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

A-HEM.
    15. Lixie's infinite mercy runs out on us unworthies and we are all wiped out.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

15. Lixie's infinite mercy runs out on us unworthies and we are all wiped out.
    16. Hasbro changes the designs in 2nd season to look more like the toys.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Did the fan shop sell two thing?
    I suddenly realized that within the 'two random things' scheme, it would make items with 'some parts sold separately' into a whirlwind tour of possibly every shop in town...and I am ok with this.

Well also, Tiara and Spoon ARE children. As a future teacher, I have to believe that every child can be reached if only someone is willing to make the effort.
    Except that some of them have to be reached by cattle prod first [/cynicism]

Also, what are you interested in teaching?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

secondary history (middle school/high school), with a minor in teaching English as a second language.