New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

I thought it was cool.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Sorry Q, I meant Mad Mask, not you.
    Care to elaborate on your "no" ?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

...What's up with your new avatar, MM?
    It looks like an angelic version of Sherlock Holmes has just gotten out of the shower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Somebody give him a towel.

Or better yet a pair of pants. Is there a way to stop viewing avatars other then blocking all images?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-07-20 at 08:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

What. The. Hell.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    What. The. Hell.
    Seriously, don't ask. Some questions are best left unanswered
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Is there a way to stop viewing avatars other then blocking all images?
    Hah, awesome. There is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Somebody tell me when he's stopped using that avy, please. :/

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Or better yet a pair of pants. Is there a way to stop viewing avatars other then blocking all images?
    If you're running Firefox the extension AdBlock Plus can block specific images. And ads, too, into the bargain.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Somebody tell me when he's stopped using that avy, please. :/
    I've changed it, alright.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Now it's just sherlock post-shower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

11. - Top - End - #191
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

What did it use to look like?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

Linux is actually pretty safe against viruses. Admittedly, that's partially because nobody bothers with a Linux virus, but also because tons of people help out with free anti-viruses. Yay Open Source!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyones being paranoid about viruses. Any halfway responsible internet user can make do pretty without any automatic virus safety beyond the standard windows firewall. Its extremely rare my scanners pick up anything ever. And Im well equipped actually, with antiVir and adAware

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Get. A. Towel.

please.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-07-21 at 02:01 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Get. A. Towel.

please.
    Dude's got a towel.
    He just ain't using it.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Dude's got a towel.
    He just ain't using it.
    He. Should.

And that's what I meant (that the avatar should wear the towel), you don't need to be a genius to know that.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    What did it use to look like?
    I assume it used to be:
    Spoiler
    Show

He. Should.
    You don't need to wear the towel to be a hoopy frood, you just need to know where it is.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I assume it used to be:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Censored

You don't need to wear the towel to be a hoopy frood, you just need to know where it is.
    Gah! The horror! It's kinda creepy! (though I've seen far more horrifying stuff it's still bad)

A Hoo-Whatnow?
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-07-21 at 05:53 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah! The horror! It's kinda creepy! (though I've seen far more horrifying stuff it's still bad)
    Indeed. A half naked stick figure is truly shocking. No individual should ever see the skin of another individual. Reproduction is to be done while blindfolded.

A Hoo-Whatnow?
    Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy reference. It comes from the guide entry on towels:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)

20. - Top - End - #200

yyeeeaah, then again censorship can be greatly appreciated. At least get a black box.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Indeed. A half naked stick figure is truly shocking. No individual should ever see the skin of another individual. Reproduction is to be done while blindfolded.

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy reference. It comes from the guide entry on towels:
    I think the explanation given to Grace in El Goonish Shive explain it pretty well.

We also only get the movie of Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (crappy useless mini country) So I didn't know.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'm not very bothered by MM's avvie, although I am wondering why he chose such a... shocking picture to use. Surely he would have anticipated the negative response.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm not very bothered by MM's avvie, although I am wondering why he chose such a... shocking picture to use. Surely he would have anticipated the negative response.
    Or maybe you overestimate what a twelve year old know about that kinda stuff.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #204

I happen to think very highly of MM's intelligence and judgement... which is more than I can say for a certain senior citizen frequenting this thread.

25. - Top - End - #205

myeh, after this episode with his avvy, i'm willing to admit my ability to take him seriously is...shaken.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I happen to think very highly of MM's intelligence and judgement... which is more than I can say for a certain senior citizen frequenting this thread.
    Still.. Wouldn't it be a bit weird if he knew about the reasons for it being shocking, he's a kid after all.

And let's change topic, this one's getting weird.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

27. - Top - End - #207

Hmm... perhaps this should be a special avatar week, Naked Week or something like that...

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

It's just a stick figure, damn it ! Imagine if you encountered Classical Greek sculptures... You'll probably say "Gah, my eyes !".

Damned cultural taboos...
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-21 at 06:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... perhaps this should be a special avatar week, Naked Week or something like that...
    Indurain would probably back it, and possibly Glug, but you might encounter some adverse reactions from the posters at large.

It's just a stick figure, damn it ! Imagine if you encountered Classical Greek sculptures... You'll probably say "Gah, my eyes !".
    Well, sculptures are usually classified as "art", while a stick figure usually isn't.

You have no nudity taboo in Canada?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Of course I would.

Read This and I think you'll understand why people react to nudity like that, or not.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.