New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVI: Madness is the best possible response

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I doubt Zeetha was given those with some sort of diabolical subliminal mind-nudge to get her to stay. If anything, I'd say that the fact that she got a new pair of swords was the trick, with the idea being to get Zeetha to be onboard with staying on the grounds that she can easily get some Skifanderian-style fighting practice and equipment without having to fight Agatha in particular.
    Yeah, OK, it's unlikely that Albia did any explicit mind-meddling, but not completely impossible- she messed around in Gil's head, so she's not above such things.

And I went back and re-read Albia's "adding Agatha to the Garden" bit, and it's a little ambiguous as to whether she wants to officially add anyone beside Our Heroine; she comments that something needs to be "found" to keep her friends.. interested? distracted? dead? (again, very unlikely, but still..) While Tarvek and Gil are more definitely in the "annoying weed" category.

Heh, it's still not completely outside the realm of possibility that Albia has been deliberately staging everything we've seen in England, and she really is all-powerful there.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    Yeah, OK, it's unlikely that Albia did any explicit mind-meddling, but not completely impossible- she messed around in Gil's head, so she's not above such things.

And I went back and re-read Albia's "adding Agatha to the Garden" bit, and it's a little ambiguous as to whether she wants to officially add anyone beside Our Heroine; she comments that something needs to be "found" to keep her friends.. interested? distracted? dead? (again, very unlikely, but still..) While Tarvek and Gil are more definitely in the "annoying weed" category.

Heh, it's still not completely outside the realm of possibility that Albia has been deliberately staging everything we've seen in England, and she really is all-powerful there.
    She probably didn't stage anything in the lab (she'd lose too many perfectly good Sparks) and certainly not Vapdoodle's presence, though it is possible that she nudged a pending catastrophe that she has been keeping at bay in her spare time by way of..."BOOMBOOMBOOM"ing some papers and blackboards. And maybe the door to the monster cage while a scientist or two is in the same room.
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-09-07 at 10:21 PM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #423

Being recharged seems to have sharply boosted Franz's inherent abilities. The question is basically "if he was fully awake and alert, would he have as much power (rather, at least enough to fight the other dragon) as being recharged?".
    There's no difference. If he was charged, he would be 'awake and alert'. Mechanicsburg seems to run on broadcast energy from Der Kessel, including many/most of the monsters and mechanisms. Without that power, everything is an old toy with a bad battery.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    It's in the comic as well, at the same place. Obviously, the scene in the novels would be a little earlier in the timeline.

I'm really wishing that the next print novel comes out soon. I think it was announced for November...
    Agatha H and the Siege of Mechanicsburg is available for pre-order on Amazon. It has a release date of March 3 2020.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Druness View Post
    Agatha H and the Siege of Mechanicsburg is available for pre-order on Amazon. It has a release date of March 3 2020.
    Is that the last pre-timeskip book? I haven't checked which ones are in print and which ones are not, sorry.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

-Squire Doodad

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Druness View Post
    Thanks Druness! Order placed.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #427

Is that the last pre-timeskip book? I haven't checked which ones are in print and which ones are not, sorry.
    It will pick up with Zola and Lu!Agatha meeting under Castle Heterodyne, and very likely end with Agatha, Tweedle and Co. going through the Monolith gate.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

It will pick up with Zola and Lu!Agatha meeting under Castle Heterodyne, and very likely end with Agatha, Tweedle and Co. going through the Monolith gate.
    So then we would hypothetically have Teh Beast for the next book, Paris for the book after and then England would be three books from where we are now. It will probably take a while though.

Someone said that the Fogolios are planning on having Agatha go after England to Africa, Skifander and the Geister land, right? I don't know if that was accurate at all whatsoever, but that would put us at a bit less than halfway through the story.

Personally, I would guess going to probably Scandinavia and Skifander (to the pole to beat up Zola and then Skifander because that's a major plot point for Zeetha). Not sure where else.

-Squire Doodad

9. - Top - End - #429

PirateCaptain

Someone said that the Fogolios are planning on having Agatha go after England to Africa, Skifander and the Geister land, right? I don't know if that was accurate at all whatsoever, but that would put us at a bit less than halfway through the story.
    It was somewhere in this AMA.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    It was somewhere in this AMA.
    Hm, I can't seem to find it. Thanks for the link though
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-09-08 at 05:36 PM.

-Squire Doodad

11. - Top - End - #431

PirateCaptain

Hm, I can't seem to find it. Thanks for the link though
    Looking again, I can't seem to find it either. Either I'm misremembering or the Reddit archive system is terrible. Maybe both.

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Looking again, I can't seem to find it either. Either I'm misremembering or the Reddit archive system is terrible. Maybe both.
    It's this interview from 2011, with just Phil.

13. - Top - End - #433

And we're maybe halfway through the second half of the story. This whole thing may well be done in our lifetimes.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay Albia, there's a Lucrezia you can kill.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clankcrezia, long time no see! Wonder what happened to you when the hospital in Mechanicsburg got destroyed...

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

I am suddenly reminded that Albia herself is not actually there, and that the dome is rigged for self destruction.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ahhh! That's why those soldiers have a British flag logo!

Spoiler
    Show
    In their time, Lucrezia is the queen of England, not Albia!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I kinda hope this winds up with at least one Lucrezia clone being killed (or captured by a still-empowered Albia.)

Is... I forget her name, but the girl who was posing as the Heterodyne during the Castle arc, old friend of Gil's, tried something at Paris but then got talked down by Grandma -- does she still have Lucrezia in her head, too?

If that, that currently leaves three that we know of. Anevka-clank, Agatha-head, and her. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    Ahhh! That's why those soldiers have a British flag logo!
    That would be cool, but I'm guessing they'll just revenants. Maybe Europe is more infested than we earlier had reason to believe.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2019-09-09 at 08:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Is... I forget her name, but the girl who was posing as the Heterodyne during the Castle arc, old friend of Gil's, tried something at Paris but then got talked down by Grandma -- does she still have Lucrezia in her head, too?

If that, that currently leaves three that we know of. Anevka-clank, Agatha-head, and her. Right?
    Zola, or the Queen of Dawn. Yeah, the scheme to take over Paris with revenants and geisters was hers, so she must have a Lucrezia. It's unknown what her relationship to Clankrezia is though, and whether those are the only three in existence. Lucrezia-in-Agatha was able to modify the machine to be used on anyone, so we could have hundreds of Lucrezias by now.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    That would be cool, but I'm guessing they'll just revenants. Maybe Europe is more infested than we earlier had reason to believe.
    Based upon this and this entire section, I think Europa is pretty darn infested.
    quo nemo sequi potest

21. - Top - End - #441

I really hope this is the previously-seen clank-Lu, since that would tie off one loose end, and not introduce a new one.

It's possible those are Geisters inside those "British" uniforms.

It should be noted with Zola, while she's definitely still got a copy of Lu in her head, we don't know which personality is actually in charge...
    Last edited by geoduck; 2019-09-09 at 09:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I am suddenly reminded that Albia herself is not actually there, and that the dome is rigged for self destruction.
    Worse than that - pretty much everyone is already dead. There's no particular reason to preserve the dome at this point but protecting the Heterodyne and her entourage. If she can secure them, or at least buy them a plausible escape route, she can bring down the dome pretty much guilt free.

I really hope this is the previously-seen clank-Lu, since that would tie off one loose end, and not introduce a new one.

It should be noted with Zola, while she's definitely still got a copy of Lu in her head, we don't know which personality is actually in charge...
    I don't think this is Clank-Lu, by which I mean Anevka's body with a new head. I think this is one version of the Muse of Time. It could be that Anevka was the first Muse of Time, of course - the best (and worst) part about time travel is that cause does not have to precede effect.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Indications are that the "Summoned Lu's" are from after she was the Muse of Time since Agatha knew how to free the trapped one in the lab.

I really don't think Albia is planning to take down the dome anytime soon. She REALLY wants a copy of Lu to interrogate.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    And we're maybe halfway through the second half of the story. This whole thing may well be done in our lifetimes.
    Going off the interview linked above, we're probably about 40% done (assuming everything gets equal time). Interview said Paris (done), England (in progress), then Africa, Skifander and the City of Silver Light. Given that the circus is supposed to be in England, I'm hoping at least Embi goes along with them on the trip to Africa.

25. - Top - End - #445

Not enough curves for a female anything in a Foglio work.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys...

Is this the OTHER Lucrezia?

-Squire Doodad

27. - Top - End - #447

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Oho. Is Albia-in-Trelawney doing what I think she's doing?

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind control can be such a fickle thing.

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oho. Is Albia-in-Trelawney doing what I think she's doing?

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind control can be such a fickle thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Albia saying the minions "belong" to her might mean they are somewhat less than human, and it's more a case of hijacked programming..

30. - Top - End - #450
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Confirmation this *is* Clankcrezia, then?