New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sojourn]

Take that ya gloopy glorps!

One fusillade of metal later the vast majority of the blobbies have been perforated, leaking gunk all over the grass.

Well!

That was exciting!

And...

Not too terribly difficult.

Amil prods at one of the dead blobs with a foot. "I'm not going to say what I'm thinking because that would make things worse, knowing the Nexus," she mutters aloud.

"WARK!" Wark agrees.

"I'm not even going to think what you're thinking." Wes replies. "Even that is dangerous."

She looks all about the room cautiously, as if she half expects the grass to suddenly turn to razor blades. "Captain?" she calls, should he still be around, if he isn't she'll address any crew member that is hanging about, "Was there always a meadow in here, or did these critters create it?"

She slowly heads forward, deeper into the grassy cargo hold full of dead blops and eerily cheery daisies. Her weapon is still up and ready to go.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Nah, I'm fine. Just wanted to make sure you had enough for everything you need. Ally grins at her friend.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #543

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

"Alright. Thanks for asking. Did you want to sit down? I'm sure I have a chair around here somewhere." Ashley looks around again, only for her to end up looking at Ally again.

4. - Top - End - #544

[Docks]

Oh boy scanning!

Nothing like a hearty round of probing to make someone feel welcome in a new place.

The floating critter's anatomy is like a mix of mammalian and echinoderm. Which is a really strange combination and makes very little sense at all. The density manipulation?

Eerr...

Well.

It doesn't seem to be magic in the traditional sense. More properly the rather enthusiastic creature appears to be flagrantly breaking physics. It's just happening for absolutely no rational reason at all.

Weird.

Greetings other land-dwellers! comes a very chipper telepathic voice. It should probably do a decent job of at least sort of approximating the SEP's language. That's generally how telepathy works after all. Your tools make strange sounds!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #545

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

The young redhead looks back at Ashley, then blushes. It's too soon, she tells herself. She just ran from a wedding so she doesn't want to be kissed. I should, um, get going. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the city for when I do plan a job. And you're probably tired and wanting to rest, so...

6. - Top - End - #546

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley ends up blushing as well, and wrings her hands. "Oh, um, okay then. I'll see you later, then?" She didn't want to make Ally stay any longer than she was comfortable with.

7. - Top - End - #547

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

After some more inner agonizing, Ally tries to hug the mage and give her a quick kiss.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Park]

Arel sighs. "Thanks, Astrana." She nods to the other woman and starts moving in the indicated direction.

"Something happened to you with those orbs of Astrana's and we're going to get it fixed, okay?" She says to Rein when he wakes up. She's not sure how much he remembers, however.
    [Park]

"Mmm... I don't think you'd like me very well if I'm fixed..." Neme Hat Rein kitty says.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Inside Bast's Shelter]

Another flash and release of sparks later...

The bedroom floor is solid again and neatly flattened, so there aren't any ripples from its brief liquidity.
    The bed's supports may be stuck inside the floor now though.

Hope there weren't plans to rearrange the furniture!

Bobbie backs out of the room towards Shraaaah's corpse, which is given a good, hard staring.
    The shadow briefly flickers over her face again before she starts humming a cheerful tune and heaves the body over her shoulder.

Then she'll just try to walk out with it.

Pavna is...somewhere else. Likely outside somewhere.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Mecha-Rein watches as she just leaves. And then suddenly everyone is gone.
    "Well. Then. I'll just... well I'll... errr... yeah, ok..."
    Mecha goes to slink out the front and go hide across the way to spy on the building while he tries to figure out his next move.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-09 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

Docks

The Male says something in some moon language that is only intelligible under supernatural omnilanguage stuff! And even then, it's only mostly intelligible.

The female pulls out a psychic scanner and scans it for psychic powers!

This is not a very cordial greeting for the sea-dweller. No one has even asked his name yet. Isn't that usually rude?

10. - Top - End - #550

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley is a little surprised, but she quickly returns the kiss. When they pull apart, she has a pleasant look on her face, if shocked. "Ally... I..." she ends up stammering.

11. - Top - End - #551

[Docks]

Wonder why the dolphin/starfish was able to understand random people it just met?

The answer is probably just as strange as his density manipulation.

Again, there's no psionics. Or anything vaguely magical about the creature. The universe seems to simply be bending such that his thoughts are heard in the mind of whoever he wishes to speak to. It just happens. There doesn't appear to be any causal relationship to speak of.

There's something very peculiar about this creature.

Of course I eat squid!
    comes the reply to whatever the Male just said regardless of whether or not that has anything to do with what he just said. I like them quite a bit more than fish. They don't have all those little bones. What do you eat, land-dweller?

He then flips half-way over in mid air, peering at the SEPs from his new upside-down vantage point.

12. - Top - End - #552

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

I'm sorry. I know you need time and... I didn't mean to... The thief giggles nervously. Sorry. Anyway, I'll, um, see you later.

13. - Top - End - #553

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

"Wait, please." Ashley tries to lay a hand on Ally's forearm. "There's no need to be sorry, Ally. I- I didn't mind."

14. - Top - End - #554

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Still... You've got enough to figure out without me complicating things, right? But Ally stays and lets her arm get taken.

15. - Top - End - #555

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

"Maybe. But..." Ashley starts to lean closer to Ally. "I don't think you complicate things."

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

[Jessica's Home]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    The ladies head around a corner to find a residential street lying calmly before them. Starlight glints off the snowpiles lining neatly shoveled drives. The little houses are mostly well kept in spite of their age and diminutive size.

Jessica’s house is especially cute… or it would be if it were not marred by crime scene tape and a notice pinned to the door stating that the house is part of an active investigation and off limits by authority of Remnant. At the first sight of the tape Winguardia takes off at a sprint up the drive and toward the front door.
    Rhyan's eyes widen as, half distracted through looking around at the neighbourhood, Winguardia starts running suddenly.

When she sees why, she gasps quietly.
    "Oh, no."
    Then sprints after her friend!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Docks

The SETs continue to say things that the floating thing may or may not understand!

And then they are distracted by a van! A van drives by, and apparently the consider it potentially more interesting than the floating sea creature!

If he wants their further attention, he'll ahve to do something interesting!

18. - Top - End - #558

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Grey Zone - Warehouse]

"Maybe. But..." Ashley starts to lean closer to Ally. "I don't think you complicate things."
    Thanks, Ash. The redheaded rogue smirks. But let's face it: I'm pretty damn good at complicating things.

19. - Top - End - #559

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley gives a soft, mirthful giggle. "Yeah, maybe, but I think you're worth the complication." Then she realizes what she just said, and her blush deepens further.

20. - Top - End - #560

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ally gives the mage a vulpine grin. Reeeaaally. Am I worth waiting for, too?

21. - Top - End - #561

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley starts to breathe a little heavily, and she says, "Yeah." However, she lets go of Ally's arm. "I guess you want to head out, then?"

22. - Top - End - #562

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "I'm not even going to think what you're thinking." Wes replies. "Even that is dangerous."

She looks all about the room cautiously, as if she half expects the grass to suddenly turn to razor blades. "Captain?" she calls, should he still be around, if he isn't she'll address any crew member that is hanging about, "Was there always a meadow in here, or did these critters create it?"

She slowly heads forward, deeper into the grassy cargo hold full of dead blops and eerily cheery daisies. Her weapon is still up and ready to go.
    ((Meep! I missed your post! Sorry.))

Wark struts along behind Wes, looking about as impossible to read as usual. Silly bird! And the flowers don't appear to be dangerous in any appreciable way. At least they aren't attacking.

Yet.

Never know when that might change.

"We believe the life-forms created that environment!" Commander Dorf calls from the other side of the door. "Have you dispatched them yet?"

But suddenly!

As our heroes round a corner they're faced with a huge blobbie! Much large than the teeny globs encountered thus far. Easily large enough to completely envelope a human! This one is a rather unpleasant shade of sickly brownish green.

"Myuuuu~" it burbles at the party before lurching toward them menacingly!

[Docks]

Well.

These land-dwellers are boring! They won't even talk back!

With a spray of liquified air from his nostrils the strange aquatic newcomer goes swimming off above the roofline! He wants to find something exciting!

23. - Top - End - #563
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Sojourn]

A blob large enough to consume a human... Wes very promptly decides that perforating it with hot lead is not a bad idea. Aiming shouldn't be too difficult, as it is large and lurching. Rounding the corner to suddenly find it upon them means they're probably in fairly close range, so she doesn't waste time with her other weapons, instead she just takes aim and unloads a few more rounds.

"My money say's we'll need teamwork to take this thing. Ranged weapons first, then, if it's still standing, Yamamoto, it'll be your turn..." Because the moment the dwarf is in there slashing away with his Katana Wes can't shoot any more for fear of hitting him.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

24. - Top - End - #564
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Park]

Arel sighs. "Thanks, Astrana." She nods to the other woman and starts moving in the indicated direction.

"Something happened to you with those orbs of Astrana's and we're going to get it fixed, okay?" She says to Rein when he wakes up. She's not sure how much he remembers, however.
    [Park]

As Arel leaves the tiefling follows her from a good distance, she really didn't want to encounter those gloamings again. She hadn't even had the chance to use the orbs she technically had stolen from them so better keep an eye out for small things moving in the underbrush.

25. - Top - End - #565

[Park]

Park

Nothing stirring in the underbrush here, but the underbrush itself may be stirring...

From the trees on their way to their goal, the trio may notice vines hanging down in their path, vibrant yellow and purple flowers trailing along their lengths. They sway in an unfelt wind, but do not react visibly to the presence of the warm, fleshy people. Something is restraining them.

A groan, and a rustling off to Arel's left. Something stumbling through the bushes?
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #566

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley starts to breathe a little heavily, and she says, "Yeah." However, she lets go of Ally's arm. "I guess you want to head out, then?"
    I love you, Ash, but... Ally shrugs, still grinning. Love is like thieving: You've gotta take your time and plan it out, otherwise it ends in trouble. She also doesn't want Karyana and Zwei to find out that, right after Ashley left them at the altar, she hooked up with Ally. That would just be asking for a knife between the ribs.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

This is starting to get rather eary. Arel looks around nervously as they near the vines. She manages to not jump when she hears the rustling. "Hello?" She says tentatively as she peers at the bushes.

28. - Top - End - #568

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

"Alright, I understand." Ashley smiles at Ally, and then tries to hug her without any warning. "Just don't have me waiting for too long, okay?"

29. - Top - End - #569

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

The thief returns the hug and cheerfully attempts to squeeze the mage's rear. Of course not. I'll be back here soon, but if you need me before then, I'll be spending most nights at Trog's.

30. - Top - End - #570

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley giggles at Ally's squeezing, and manages to blush even more as a response. "Sounds good to me. Take care." She lets go of Ally, but not before trying to kiss her again.