New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Ghastly Gorge]

Potential vulnerability noted. However, Ebon knows that he wouldn't get a second opportunity to escape if he screwed the first one up. So, he merely observes, trying to figure out if there is some way that this can be made easier. Maybe there's a conveniently elevated train car nearby or something.

Trying to keep the Alicorn talking, Ebon changes the subject.

"If Unity values pony life so much, why does it cavort with Slavers, who treat other ponies as nothing more than a commodity? You had the power to rescue those slaves yourself and trounce anypony who tried to stop you. It doesn't take a genius to understand that there's something more ahoof here."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Ghastly Gorge]

No train car.

But there is a huge boulder several hundred feet above the rock outcrop precariously balanced atop a spire of stone. Who knows how long it has been sitting there. But enough of a nudge? And down it would come.

The alicorn winces at Ebon's reply. Wow? Really? Aren't these things supposed to be remorseless monsters?

There are... many evils in this wasteland that We wish to right. But We do not have the power yet to accomplish Our ends. The pony who controls that settlement is Our ally, one of the few to ever approach the Us as anything other than monsters. We cavort with Red Eye because he is the first to treat Us as ponies.

The alicorn stomps a hoof in frustration.

We desire only to make the Wasteland safe for pony-kind. And to make pony-kind strong enough to endure its hardships. You... will better understand once your apotheosis at Maripony is complete.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Gwendolyn's smack is a bit harder than intended.

Lucky twirls around, the force of the blow spinning him a full 360 degrees. He staggers back on his hand legs, and slumps against a table. "Ow..."

He then listens to what Bright Eyes says. "Yeeeeah..." he mutters, before sniffing. "Yeah, you're right... Sorry for that outburst folks."

He then grabs another shot glass, and begins looking around for the whiskey. "Join me for another round, Miss Gwendolyn Beak? Let us resume our recreational drinking, and put this sloppy and unstallion-y blubbering behind us..."

Somebody stop him. Quickly.
    "Oh no you don't!" Bright Eyes made to snatch the shot glass away. "In all this confusion, I've lost track of how many shots you've taken myself, but I've got a feeling it's too many. You're just going to feel worse from it in the long run!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ghastly Gorge]

Ebon's response is perhaps unexpected. He begins laughing uproariously, tilting his head back a bit, conveniently hiding his horn from view as he delivers a quick telekinetic shove upon the boulder above, directly towards the Alicorn. His voice quickly takes on a serious, almost angered tone as he begins to talk more, hoping to distract the Alicorn before it realized the danger that it was in.

"In that case, you clearly haven't seen how Red Eye treats ponies! He doesn't think of ponies as ponies; In Fillydelphia, ponies are nothing but tools for the glory of Red Eye's New World Order! Even the Alicorns, I'd wager, are only tolerated because of their power. If you lacked magical strength and mighty wings, I do not doubt that you would be granted a life of naught but slave labor among the herds that Red Eye imprisons for his 'greater good!'

I do not doubt in the slightest that he would attempt to destroy you were it politically convenient. Red Eye is nothing more than a warlord, albeit one charismatic enough to make others eat his rhetoric like good little servants!"

Hopefully the Alicorn doesn't charge him. Or move, for that matter.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Bar Room Antics]

Lucky glares pointedly at Bright Eyes for a moment, before sighing in defeat. "Yeah, yeah. You're right, you're right..." he grumbles.

The stallion staggers away from the table, plants his four hooves firmly on the ground, and shakes his head a bit. "Blek. Yeah, I need to go sleep this off. Bright Eyes, you said you'd handle the room check-in? Go ahead an' get one fer me, an' one fer yerself. Me and Miss Beak can share. I'll pay ya back in the mornin'..."

The drunk pegasus swaggers over to Gwendolyn, extends his right wing, puts it around her shoulders, and pulls her close. "Come along, Miss Beak! We need to rest and prepare ourselves for the coming hangovers. You can have the bed. I'll be fine on the floor."

As he pulls her towards the stairs, Lucky whispers in Gwendolyn's ear. "Ya still got that whiskey, right?"

[Tag: Purity & Benson]
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

"Aack...!"
    Gwendolyn grumbled and gruffly yelped as she was pulled towards the stairs. ".............Yes...I do..."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky narrows his eyes mischievously. "Excellent."

Lucky half-climbs, half-crawls up the stairs, his wing still draped over Gwendolyn. At times he leans on her for support, and other times he drags her along with him. "By the way... I want to apologize..." he suddenly burbles as they near the top of the stairs, pausing mid-step and reeling slightly. "About something I said earlier... I... I think it came out wrong... An' I wanna clarify things... Cuz yer my friend..."

Lucky. Lucky no. Quit while you're ahead!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

"What....are you going...on about...Mister Lucky?"
    The griffon asked as she looked up the stairs, it seemed to feel like it took forever to get up there.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Old Appaloosa - creaky staircase with a long fall]

Lucky sways slightly, and blinks twice. "First of all, wait until... I'm done before ya hit me. If yer gonna hit me. Anyhoo. Well, when I said that stuff... 'bout... what my dad said about griffins. And I said... he was right... about some of it..."

He shifts his gaze to the side.

"I wasn't callin' ya ugly, if that's what ya thought..." he quietly mutters.

He looks back at her for a second to smirk and playfully state: "I mean, ya are stubborn an' stuff..."

But then he awkwardly averts his gaze again. "But ya ain't ugly. An' I don't feel right lettin' you think that's what I meant..."

A pause.

"Okay ya can hit me now, if ya want."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

[Old Appaloosa - creaky staircase with a long fall]

"Aack....I won't hit you....if I did....we'd both just fall down the stairs and...that..wouldn't do us any good..."
    She half muttered half out-of-it said. She stared at the step in front of her before turning to Lucky. She raised a brow and tilted her head back. "Thanks...for not calling me ugly....you're...not so....I mean....I'm sure when ya heal up....you won't look like crap." Much of the moment and stuff going on was lost on her right now.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-27 at 01:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Drunk Stairwell Camaraderie]

Lucky tilts his head back and laughs heartily, nearly losing his balance in the process. "Oh, oh wow," he chuckles. "Thanks for... the vote of confidence. But nah, nah. I know I look like crap. I'm over it," he gives a dismissive hoof-wave, almost toppling in the process. "Though... y'know... I used to be pretty handsome. Or so... all the gals said. Heh... But whatever," he shrugs. "I'll take survival over... a pretty face... any day."

He takes a few more shaky steps up the stairs, before pausing to look indirectly at Gwendolyn. "But nah. Nah, you ain't ugly. Quite... quite attractive actually. Pretty. For a griffin," he mutters offhandedly.

A pause. Then a quizzical look. "Wait... Did I say that out loud?" he murmurs mostly to himself.

12. - Top - End - #222

[Ghastly Gouge]

Ebon will probably notice some rather stiff resistance when it comes to trying to move the boulder. The source should be pretty obvious. The alicorn's horn has lit up a deep, nearly black shade of purple.

Please do not destroy the landscape in a futile attempt to kill me. There are few things of beauty remaining in the Wasteland. It would be regretful to ruin them for such petty ends.

Oh. Ummm... How did she know...?

I chose this location intentionally. Now that I know you seek to take my life I will need to make sure that you slumber for the remainder of our travels together.

Ah. Well. That makes sense? Wonder why she isn't referring to herself in the plural anymore.

We understand that Red Eye is a despicable pony. We work with him out of necessity, not out of any love for him. When the time is right he will be removed so that the Goddess might take her rightful place as the ruler of Equestria.

Oh, wait. There she goes again. Though when she speaks up once more...

I... had hoped that I could impress upon you the importance of the Goddess' work that you might join with Unity willingly. The apotheosis is much less uncomfortable if you do not fight it. I... do not wish to see you suffer any additional pain, Ebon Flame. You have suffered enough.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ghastly Gorge]

...Uh oh. Backup plan. Now.

As soon as it's clear that the Alicorn knows what he just tried to do, Ebon suddenly rolls left, right off the ledge. Maybe the fall will kill him. Maybe he'll just end up unconscious.

But is the Goddess willing to take that chance?

14. - Top - End - #224

[Ghastly Gorge]

Attempted suicide?

How... ghastly.

The alicorn gives a small eep of surprise and takes flight, reaching out with her magic to shroud Ebon in a field of telekinesis. And in her haste it would seem she forgot to make sure that rock was still stable.

Whoops!

The boulder slams into the stone shelf they had been sitting on, peppering the false-goddess with shards of rock and gashing her hide something nasty. She winces, though maintains her concentration.

"Please! Stop! I'm trying to help you!"

What...? That wasn't telepathy at all this time! What's up with this alicorn? She seems genuinely concerned! But that changes quite suddenly as her whole countenance alters, gaze hardening and posture becoming more dignified. And then the telepathy comes back with Canterlock in full-swing.

INSIGNIFICANT FOALISH WELP! YOU DARE TO SPITE THE MERCY OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL GODDESS? IF YOU ATTEMPT TO SLAY YOURSELF OR OUR VESSEL THEN WE WILL HAVE NO REASON TO LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS ALIVE!

Well.

Seems the Goddess isn't very happy.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-09-27 at 05:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

[Drunk Stairwell Camaraderie]

Lucky tilts his head back and laughs heartily, nearly losing his balance in the process. "Oh, oh wow," he chuckles. "Thanks for... the vote of confidence. But nah, nah. I know I look like crap. I'm over it," he gives a dismissive hoof-wave, almost toppling in the process. "Though... y'know... I used to be pretty handsome. Or so... all the gals said. Heh... But whatever," he shrugs. "I'll take survival over... a pretty face... any day."

He takes a few more shaky steps up the stairs, before pausing to look indirectly at Gwendolyn. "But nah. Nah, you ain't ugly. Quite... quite attractive actually. Pretty. For a griffin," he mutters offhandedly.

A pause. Then a quizzical look. "Wait... Did I say that out loud?" he murmurs mostly to himself.

"Yea....you did....and thanks....I think...."
    Honestly, the older griffon didn't think much of her looks, she was past that age where concern about looking good and fishing for compliments was a thing for younguns'. It did feel a little nice though, but her whiskey addled mind was not functioning correctly to think about these things even now.

"Let's just.....let's just....head up to the room and drink...before...Bright Eyes....steals my bottle..."
    She half mumbled as she trudged up the stairs.

Back downstairs, Apple Martini cleared her throat and looked at Bright Eyes. "That will be fifteen caps hun'."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Bar]

"No, drinking will just make things worse for you. Better get yourselves rested instead."

Bright Eyes took out her money pouch and paid twenty caps. "I threw in a little extra because I was feeling nice. Anyway, let's go!"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky sighs. "Bright Eyes is right. ~hic~ Drinking will... just make things worse..." he mutters as he reaches the top of the stairs. "We'd... have to be stupid... to keep drinking."

He then winks at Gwendolyn. "Good thing I'm an idiot."

And with that, Lucky opens the door to one of the boarding rooms, and staggers in. "Lock the door..." he murmurs to Gwendolyn.

If Bright Eyes knocks on the door (which she probably will) Lucky will loudly proclaim: "This is not a sight for young impressionablebleble eyes!"

18. - Top - End - #228

[Old Appleloosa - Ditch with a ragdoll in it]

The stable colt would just fly outside the town and approach the ditch the group apparently started the rescue attempt; he sees a red pool from above, so he dives in and finds no Eledwhen.... But robes and a body lying down.

"Wait-Shadow! are you alr-..."

He says while trying to remove the robes and try to "help her up" with his forehooves, thinking she was just covered in them and with a bleeding wound.... Then notes it was more than a bleeding wound, the....Mass around the place and the lack of something where her head should be (or red pulp instead of it, no idea how did it go); great, more input for his guilt.

"....NO!! Damn it!....... I'm sorry for thinking so bad about you... I mean, I didn't like how you were part of a group that used slaves, but I didn't hate you or anything, I-.... *sigh*"
    He clutches her (Yes, even with the blood and stuff ), kind of mournful himself over her demise, since it's nicer to bury somepony if they still have a head, and because he suspects it to be because of Lamia too.

He notices she's been carrying a medallion and takes it, kind of thinking it's some sort of dog tag or something.

[Tag: Lycan, if he's going to add something about the medallion or Shadow]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-27 at 10:23 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Getting Some Rooms]

Bright Eyes laughed. "I ain't young or impressionable, you know. Still, I'll let you alone to have your fun. Just try not to make too much noise when you hit the sweet spots, okay?" With that, she headed for her own room.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Old Appaloosa - Luka

When Luka clutches the dead Legion officer closes in a mournful embrace, he realizes something. Beneath the robes he can feel hard metal ridges - likely armor. But he can also feel a weapon holster.

C'mon, we all know he's gonna check it.

It turns out Shadow was packing. An onyx black Colt Revolver, chambered to fire .45 rounds, with silver filigree and Old Equestrian engravings along the barrel - mottos and oaths of the Legion, most likely. It's clearly a custom model, as a red laser sight has been built in beneath the barrel to improve aiming, and the handle/bit has been modified to fit more comfortably and smoothly in a pony's mouth. At the bottom of the handle the title "Lux Nocturna" is engraving in flowing silver script; it is Old Equestrian for "Light of Night."

The medallion is a simple gold medallion with a sunburst icon on the front, and "Umbra Gradi - Decanus" engraved on the back - Shadow's name in Old Equestrian, and her Legion rank.

21. - Top - End - #231

[Old appleloosa - Random ditch of- Oh look! stuff!]

(Edited previous post to fit with this)
    He does indeed feel the stuff below the robes and check it

He tries to remove the cloth with a hoof while still holding her with the other one.... Suddenly his eyes go wide and a smile grows over the amazing, shiny and utterly wonderful look of the weapon, he almost felt like it was shooting light towards him!

He just picked it up and looked around for it's ammo (finding for 3 reloads unless told otherwise), then holstered it and put enough bullets for a reload on the holster too, he might need to find a speed-reloader later on, or make one

After putting the last bullet on it with his mouth he remember's
    "Oh... right!" he looks at his other foreleg, still holding the fallen mare "...I got to get you somewhere where I can leave you, hold on" he just says and tries to load her on his back.... That's when her and her armor's weight suddenly are all on him, including the "You are over-encumbered and cannot run" message on his E.F.S.

He notices that the medallion seemed to really be some dog tags, so he just puts it in one of his saddlebags, Elestre's beacon would appear after a while and he would begin stepping towards it, still with Shadow on his back so it would take a while

[Tag: Lycan if he has something else to add]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-27 at 09:30 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Old Appaloosa Outskirts

If the rest of the party is willing to wait around long enough, Luka eventually shows up at the meeting spot, with Shadow Stride's dead body slumped over his shoulders.

Eledwhen seems to have disappeared into the smoke and dust kicked up by the battle. Perhaps she got turned around, and will show up in a moment? Or perhaps she chased after Lamianos... That would be bad.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Toward Shattered Hoof]

"Had the feeling you might be interested in it," Heim laughs. The hippogriff catches Akwellen's attention and nods off in a seemingly random direction. The griffon nods, clicks his mini gun into single-fire mode, and BLAM!

Somewhere off in the distance a hungry radscorpion is reduced to a nasty smear. Eeww...

"We've honestly got no idea what's down there. But no one has been able to crack the vault thus far. Figured your expertise might be just the thing we need."
    Rusty jumps a bit as the minigun fires, and frowns a bit, rubbing one of his ears.
    "Eesh, bullet-guns suck when you're not afraid for your life..."
    When you have the adrenaline pumping, the deafening noises just don't seem so bad.
    All the other times? Absolutely horrible.

"I'm surprised that no one has been able to get in there at all, if you're living right on top of it. Locked with computer bits or lock bits? The former would be nicer."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky sighs. "Bright Eyes is right. ~hic~ Drinking will... just make things worse..." he mutters as he reaches the top of the stairs. "We'd... have to be stupid... to keep drinking."

He then winks at Gwendolyn. "Good thing I'm an idiot."

And with that, Lucky opens the door to one of the boarding rooms, and staggers in. "Lock the door..." he murmurs to Gwendolyn.

If Bright Eyes knocks on the door (which she probably will) Lucky will loudly proclaim: "This is not a sight for young impressionablebleble eyes!"
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Getting Some Rooms]

Bright Eyes laughed. "I ain't young or impressionable, you know. Still, I'll let you alone to have your fun. Just try not to make too much noise when you hit the sweet spots, okay?" With that, she headed for her own room
    Gwendolyn looked at Lucky with a tired, narrowed eyed stare. "What are...you two going on about?...Bluh......" Gawd, her eyes were glossy.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa - bar]

"She thinks we're havin' sex," Lucky deadpans bluntly, his face an expressionless mask under an expressionless mask of bandages. "Apparently she wants us to keep the volume low during our raucous lovemaking."

A pause. He then grins wickedly, and leans back against the door.

"No promises!"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Firbolg in the Playground

Old Appleoosa Outskirts

"Kid, you alright?" Finder manages to get out in something approaching his normal tone of voice. It is immediately apparent that something shook up the unicorn pretty bad.

It's sort of a silly question isn't it? The big protector went chem-crazy and was last seen trotting merrily back into the kill zone. Their contact had gotten pretty... well it's not pretty in the slightest.

"More importantly, what the buck happened before the Ranger injected himself with enough stuff to drop a manticore?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa - bar]

"She thinks we're havin' sex," Lucky deadpans bluntly, his face an expressionless mask under an expressionless mask of bandages. "Apparently she wants us to keep the volume low during our raucous lovemaking."

A pause. He then grins wickedly, and leans back against the door.

"No promises!"
    Poompf!

Went the wings. The griffon stared with faintly pink blush sticker over her cheeks. She then furrowed her brows and tensed up. "That's crazy...!...Such a silly filly...and stuff....!" She squawked and waved it off "angrily" and looked away.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa - Love Shack Watering Hole]

Lucky stares for a moment. "Huh. Thought only us pegasi did that under certain circumstances," he muses aloud. "Guess I should feel proud of myself?"

He then averts his gaze and coughs. "Anyhoo, where were we? Oh. Right. Whiskey."

The pegasus casually trots - that is, staggers drunkenly - across the nondescript room, and plops down in a chair near Gwendolyn. "We'll kick the... wall every now and then... or something... to keep up the masquerade..." he quietly mutters. "Did you grab some glasses? Or... we sharin' the... bottle?" he asks with a slight slur. More alcohol may actually be a bad idea for him. But whatever, Lucky's up for it.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ghastly Gorge]

Ebon can't help but smile as the Goddess plays right into his hands.

"I'm sure your lone ally will appreciate it when you ravage his claimed lands in search of six ponies whom you don't even know the names of."

Suffer the wrath of LOGIC, Goddess!

Meanwhile, Ebon telekinetically loads the pistol in his saddlebag, assuming that hasn't been taken from him. Whether or not he still has the pistol, he further attempts to counteract the Alicorn's telekinesis with his own. Sure, he's weaker in that area than the Alicorn likely is, but his personal strength is likely at least comparable. Also, gravity is on the underdog's side right about now.

(As Ebon's player, I totally admit to not actually knowing the relative magical strength of an Alicorn, but I'd imagine that the two ranks of Mighty Telekinesis and Translocation as a tag skill on Ebon's imaginary character sheet would give him the power necessary to at least be comparable.)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa - Love Shack Watering Hole]

Lucky stares for a moment. "Huh. Thought only us pegasi did that under certain circumstances," he muses aloud. "Guess I should feel proud of myself?"

He then averts his gaze and coughs. "Anyhoo, where were we? Oh. Right. Whiskey."

The pegasus casually trots - that is, staggers drunkenly - across the nondescript room, and plops down in a chair near Gwendolyn. "We'll kick the... wall every now and then... or something... to keep up the masquerade..." he quietly mutters. "Did you grab some glasses? Or... we sharin' the... bottle?" he asks with a slight slur. More alcohol may actually be a bad idea for him. But whatever, Lucky's up for it.

"Sharin'....didn't bring no glasses...."
    The griffon replied and plopped on her back on the bed as she dug out her bottle of whiskey from her pack. She tossed her guns, and pack to the side and then afterwards tossed the bottle of whiskey to lucky. Being all stuffy, and hot, she took off her armor. The subject of woohoo and faking it drifting away from her mind as quickly as her wings had poomft earlier. And they were still poomft and had made taking off the chest armor a bit of a pain.