New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1440
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

Halloween Night

Ivaz

Ivaz grins some more as she wraps an arm around each of her companions' shoulders.

To the den we go, then! She will then guide them to the right door and open it.

Alysha

Alysha was about to respond to the first question, but then the candy corn assault takes place. None shall forget those events.

Alysha grins when she realizes what it is. It's candy corn! I love this stuff. A lot of people I know don't, but I do. And yes, I liked it before I became a vampire, so it has nothing to do with that.

Oh, and I guess I am technically dead. I think.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Halloween Night]

Amil decides to experimentally pop a piece of candy corn in her mouth and immediately regrets it. Uugh... It tastes like wax with sugar in it. People actually eat this stuff?

Bleh!

Welp.

Not going to do that again.

"Okay... so... If you're dead then how come you seem so... y'know... alive?" Amil asks curiously. "The undead back home are whispered into a mockery of life by spirits of Discord. There's got to be something keeping you moving, right? Because that isn't something dead people do normally."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

[Simple Pleasures]

"Seems we've found ourselves in the middle of an urban legend. Or a B-class horror movie," Sophie says. "Well, let's see what waits for us there."

[Card Tables]

"That depends," Dorota says. "What would you recommend for a pair of beginners?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

Halloween Night

HT sends a third character to the party. Elias, dressed as a tarot fool. He's accompanied by Hekta, dressed as a witch, and Kashi the dragon, wearing a pirate hat and eyepatch with a plushie parrot tied to his back.

Hekta and Kashi might be particularly interested in all the candy corn flying about.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

[Halloween Party]
    [Den of Doom]
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Talia grins as well, obviously quite willing to go along with whatever Ivaz has in mind for them in the way of post-event partying, and nods, stretching a little as well, likely for much the same reasons Amist did.

"Indeed it does. So since we're all in agreement, shall we get going?"
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz grins some more as she wraps an arm around each of her companions' shoulders.

If the reason was showing off, then yes, that's why Amist did.
    And she grins cheerily as they head off...to DOOM!

Card Tables

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    While the shark talks to the wraith, a much more pleasant looking naga lays languidly on the table that Dorota and Crissy approach, smiling at them and revealing her long fangs for a moment.

"What's you pleasure darlings. Poker, black jack, cribbage? This is an open table, and I know most all games well enough. Except for old maid, I hate old maid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "That depends," Dorota says. "What would you recommend for a pair of beginners?"
    Crissy eeps a bit, and slips behind Dorota for a moment as she spots the naga's fangs. And she looks a little intimidated. Because, snake-woman. But she manages a smile as well after a moment. "Um, maybe cribbage? I've heard that's, like, totally easy, right?"

She knows enough not to ask why Old Maid is off limits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #1116

Halloween Night

The huntress smiles faintly, something she had gotten used to doing far more often ever since meeting Trisha, the music coming from the bones making her shiver slightly. Perhaps she needed some liquid courage first? "We could get a drink first, what do you want?" She asks while still looking around the room. It still was so hard to believe she was actually standing here with Trisha (who she wasn't sure what to call yet). Of course, she had felt the same thing when she was back at the camp.

Halloween Night

The little witch is keeping a keen eye on dragon-pirate as they walk in which she regards as her rival when it comes to getting all that yummy stuff Elias promised her. "Elias, where is the candy?" She asks without looking around much, it was much better if he just pointed it out so she didn't messed something up. There was a lot on stake here after all.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Halloween Night

"Then lets go."
    Trisha says with a grin before trying to lead her lover through the crowd towards the bar to get some wine. Even though Michi will know she's unsure about this all, Trisha is quite proud of being able to be with the Huntress in public like this. The past few months had been quite hard on them both, so the Champion figured they needed some time to relax and screw whatever anyone else thought of the pair.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Halloween Night

Ivaz

Alysha

Alysha was about to respond to the first question, but then the candy corn assault takes place. None shall forget those events.

Alysha grins when she realizes what it is. It's candy corn! I love this stuff. A lot of people I know don't, but I do. And yes, I liked it before I became a vampire, so it has nothing to do with that.

Oh, and I guess I am technically dead. I think.
    Den of Doom

The very hyped up Den beyond the door is nothing more than a comfortably appointed theater, and the three who have just entered will find themselves sitting in the front row, within spitting distance of an elegant, slim-limbed woman dancing on stage hypnotically. The rising and falling of her arms and the elegant sweeping kicks she makes with every placement of a foot enrapture those who look upon upon her performance. The spot lights are positioned so that they shed light only on the woman from the neck down, keeping her head in shadows.

Surrounding them in the other seats are well dressed gentlemen and their dates, ladies in opera glasses and low-cut dresses covered in ribbons and lace. All very stylish and proper. Trays of delicacies are passed around, and those that are eating smack their lips noisily.

Something strange begins to reveal itself about the woman though. Her showgirl attire is loose in the chest and hips, and her movements, though graceful, have a lethargic quality to them. More than once it seems like she'll stumble and fall, but she keeps moving through it.

Finally, with a hiss of air through her lips, the dancing girl tumbles face first off the stage to land at the trio's feet unmoving, to the applause of the assembled crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Simple Pleasures

"I'm not sure what to make of this... oh, wait, this is probably just the stereotypical one creepy house on the block. Probably nothing to worry about."

Kate walks toward the house. It's not even all that creepy...
    [Simple Pleasures]

"Seems we've found ourselves in the middle of an urban legend. Or a B-class horror movie," Sophie says. "Well, let's see what waits for us there."

[Card Tables]

Simple Pleasures

As they trek through the wet and clingy leaves that go up past their knees, they might spot the reason why so many have avoided the house this night. Scrawled on the oaken front door is a child's drawing of an apple in plain white chalk, a warning to those who came after. Dare the three knock on a door that might be giving out apples, even knowing that if they don't, they could be trapped on this street forever?

Mintbalm seems to be quaking, her fake spider legs dancing on her body. She doesn't know what the right choice is, so she looks to Kate and Sophie.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Oh my that is creepy. I guess I am glad it is just dark and quite here, the bugs would put me over the top."

Her chuckles sound a bit strained though. Her senses are normally so sharp the contrast is a bit jarring. Being a doctor she knows of experiments like that, though that isn't what she is thinking about right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Darkened Way

"Kayla, can you hear me? This is like one of the pods for meditation at the Temple. Only, normally that fills with invertebrates after about four minutes. I don't think it can hurt us." Gertrude has some experience with sensory deprivation, it being involved in minor rituals and meditations within the Cult of Dalachrech. But this is still quite unnerving.
    The Darkened Way

The utterly black, silent expanse does not respond to their fears or their noise, it simply exists. It exists for long moments and short breaths, where the only concept of time is the beating of your own heart.

And then, after whatever tricks their minds begin to play on each other, the floor stirs. Small vibrations in the spongy material beneath their feet turn into rumbles that threaten to knock them off balance as the whole space begins to move. It jerks upwards once, then again, dipping a bit each time in between jerks. Then it seems to level out as whatever was causing it to move begins working faster, and they can most likely feel themselves being pressed against the ground as the pitch black space continues to accelerate upwards.

Strange Delights

Well...that sure turned Krystal's face red in a hurry.

She stutters for a moment as her mind tries to make a decision. Finally, she gives in to the spirit of the party.

Sure, why not. I mean, it's a party, right? She'll give a slightly awkward grin.
    Strange Delights

The harem boy feeds her the jello then, tiny spoon scooping up a mix of cream and gelatin each time as the other girls titter about how marvelous it is. One of them leans in to Krystal conspiratorially and whispers, "She really did come out grandly, didn't she? A bit thin for dinner, but she did make for a lovely desert."

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Card Tables]

Funny way to run a table, giving away the stakes you're playing for. But the wraith is still willing to play. Something about the card shark's mention of 'betting against your life' has caught his interest. And something about this place in general seemed a little... off.

One moment. Rising from his seat, the wraith sweeps up a heaping assortment of sweetmeats in his arms and returns, setting them down in one corner of the table. Alright. What will the game be? He asks, pushing a handful of colorfully wrapped candies into the betting area.
    Card Tables

"Blackjack, it's all I'm good at. There's yer cards" The dealer indicates the face up ace and face down card sitting before the Wraith. In front of the dealer there's a Queen of spades.

-----

"Cribbage works. Kind of a long game, but the payouts and losses are low, so it's forgiving." The naga will spend some time showing them the game if that's what they decide to play, just how 15's, runs, flushes, and other such point making hands work.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Darkened Way - backwards

"Never turn from the light." Elaine repeats. Once Vinny is ready, Elaine takes his arm, and the two step through the door backwards. (Per Wolfy's request, Vinny is godmodded for this post.)
    Towards the Light

Once Vinny and Elaine step into the passage, they land on a bridge made of grey glass suspended above an utterly black pit. Before them lies a luminous ball of white light off in the distance, waiting for them. There is nothing behind, only the path, and the light at the end.

Halloween Night

Kashi is excited! He trills his approval at the massive stack of candy he can see from the entrance, and turns to Elias questioningly, as if asking permission to go pounce on the treats and go to town eating them all up.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simple Pleasures

Kate loos up at the apple. What? Is this a reference to the razor blade scare from a while back?

"Don't worry, Mintbalm, just don't eat anything from the house, and follow my lead, okay?"
    Kate will walk up to the house and ring the doorbell.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Orc in the Playground

The Darkened Way- Forwards

Gertrude will at some point reach out and try to find Kayla's hand to hold, so there's some sensation. Unfortunately, she's forgotten one of her hands is a predatory fish, so if Kayla is unlucky her hand may be accidentally bitten.

Gertrude will, when it's become too hard to stand, lie down and patiently await whatever happens.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-10-31 at 05:51 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1121

Den of Doom

Ivaz takes in her surroundings, mildly surprised at them. Very different.

Then she turns her attention to the stage, and finds her attention being drawn more and more to the woman there. She notices the oddities, and wonders about them.

Then comes the fall. And the applause.

Ivaz will just place her hands on her hips and watch them woman, half expecting her to get back up again. If she stays there long enough, Ivaz will even nudge her with the toe of her metal boot.

Strange Delights

Krystal definitely enjoys the dessert. It tasted great.

The comes the whisper. Krystal freezes, then slowly turns to face the woman that spoke to her. If she had pupils, they'd be pretty wide right now.

What was that?

Alysha

Alysha opens her mouth to speak. Then she stops. Then she closes her mouth again, her face revealing her to be deep in thought.

I actually have no idea. I'll admit, I haven't exactly done a whole lot of research into it. I mean, I know vampires are classified as undead, which isn't quite the same thing as dead. But I honestly have no idea what keeps me going. At all. She gives a sort of nervous giggle.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-10-31 at 07:41 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A Hanging Thread

'KR' shrugs and is just about to head through the door when Jacen and Zebes arrive. "Oh I'm sorry sirs. Did you want to go through this one too sirs?" KR asked. "We could go together sirs." Sharing is totally ok!
    Jacen and Zebes look at each other.
    Well, nothing could be as bad as the last time we experienced strange doors.
    Jacen shook his head, wishing he hadn't remembered.
    Agreed. He turns to the one who spoke. Sure. Why not?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halloween Party]

Arriving late to the party is clearly the most vile of villains straight out of an old silent movie. His clothes formal and of fine make. A billowing black cape hangs from his shoulders. Atop his head is a top hat to match. And most devious of all is the perfectly curled mustache adorning his upper lip.

Never mind that Kirk can't actually grow facial hair. It's a very convincing fake, however. The drow looks around the party with interest. It's been some time since he's been to the casino too.

And look! He has a date on his arm. Who could that be...

14. - Top - End - #1124

[Card Table]

Blackjack. The name is unfamiliar, but looking at the way the cards have been dealt and the rules written onto the table, the Wraith finds enough similarities to a game from his world to guess at the rest. And he'll be checking his facedown card, carefully so as to not show it to the dealer, before making any moves.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #1125

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A Hanging Thread

The man in the pulsfire Ezreal costume turns around. He turns around as he hears 'KR' speaking to someone.

"Hello. If your ready, then let's go."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

A Hanging Thread

KR gives a cheerful, enthusiastic 'yay!' before heading through the door. I think it safe to assume for Slii's next post that Ezreal, Jacen, and Zebes go through too.

Unless they all like agreeing to things and then not doing them for fun or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Halloween Night

Elias is pleased with himself. With the money he gets now from feeding Kashi, he's been able to set aside a few small caches of money in different parts of the city, in case he were to lose his job at the bakery. When he heard about the Halloween party, his first thought was 'That sounds stupid'. But his second thought was 'Hekta and Kashi like candy'.

That was a very strange thought for him. He wasn't used to thinking about what other people liked. The monster voice inside him thought of other people as tools or victims. He remembered the Tarot killer, and thought about how easy it was to understand the killer's motives. How much Elias would enjoy pinning Hekta to the wall like that and draining all of her blood and watching how people reacted to the tableau.

But no. Elias didnt want to be a monster. So he often used as his rule in life 'What would someone who wasn't a monster do?'

And then the answer was obvious. He would take his friends to a silly Halloween party and let them eat all the candy. He would even buy them all costumes, since neither of the others understood enough about money to be able to go to a market and do such a thing.

"Yes, you can eat the candy here," Elias the Fool tells Kashi the Pirate and Hekta the Witch. He catches a candy corn and eats it, making the same sort of face that Amil made when he tried it. "Ugh. it's just all sugar!"

And so here they were. Hekta and Kashi were having fun and Elias was not being a monster.

But you still wore the Tarot costume, didn't you? The monster whispers in his head.

Towards the Light

Elaine holds a tight grip on Vinny's arm as the two walk towards the light. Elaine's thoughts are fixed on Henry. She wanted to see him. Wanted to tell him about Jacob and Augustus. Wanted to tell him that she had come to terms with Billie.

Wanted to hold him and be held and hear him say "I love you, Elaine" one more time.

Eeeeeeverywhere!

The roller skating candy corn catgirl might get a drive-by kiss in at "KR" before that party goes through their door, but continues on her way, flinging candy from a bag that never seems to be going empty.

Until she sees The Villain.

"EEEEEEK! Someone save me!" she cries out theatrically.

Let's hope there are no train tracks nearby!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1128

Alysha
    Spoiler
    Show

Alysha opens her mouth to speak. Then she stops. Then she closes her mouth again, her face revealing her to be deep in thought.

I actually have no idea. I'll admit, I haven't exactly done a whole lot of research into it. I mean, I know vampires are classified as undead, which isn't quite the same thing as dead. But I honestly have no idea what keeps me going. At all. She gives a sort of nervous giggle.
    Amil just shrugs. "Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter too much in the end. You're obviously nothing like a Revenant. Otherwise you would probably be... y'know. Killing everyone here. So I think I'll just wave my arms around and say 'it must be magic!' and leave it at that."

Not a great explanation for a person who likes to know how things work. But sometimes you need to know when to stop pressing for answers and just have some fun.

"So... aside from being creeped out by skeletons that remind me of dead co-workers what is there to do here?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

[Simple Pleasures]

Sophie stands behind Kate as she rings the doorbell. She's not sure what to expect...

[Card Table]

Dorota will nod and take all the instructions in.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Halloween Night

Not literally of course, but the huntress could go for anything just about now. Silently she takes a glass from the bartender (which she let Trisha order) and takes a small sip from it as she continues observing the casino. "Do you know any of these people?" She suddenly asks.

Halloween Night (Kirk Fright)

A drow woman dressed in low-cut white dress reaching down to her knees with what appears to be ropes tied around above and underneath her chest. She gives the catgirl a stare, that was totally her line!

"Guess you have two damsels tonight Kirky. Now where is a tower when you need one?" She asks the villain at her side.

Halloween Night (Candy Dash)

Once she actually bothers to pay attention she see that which Kashi already have seen, the candy! Better to get there first! She rushes away and grabs two handfuls of the sweet stuff and stuffs it in her mouth and munches it merrily with an expression of pure satisfaction. Other people were so silly when they needed more than just this.

"Sughar ish guff!" She proudly tells Elias through the mass of jelly, gum and chocolate her mouth just barely chews before ending up in the little witch's seemingly endless stomach.

"So do we get to scare people too?" She then asks Elias before stuffing more candy in her mouth. Hekta usually didn't scare people, it was much funnier sneaking past them but it wasn't like she would have anything against it and this place looking perfect for doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

[Card Table]

Crissy does as well, listening intently.
    This is math.
    She's good at math...

She keeps close to Dorota's side though. She still doesn't trust the snakewoman.

Den of Doom

Amist, for her part, takes in the show with a smile, quite enjoying it. However the anomalies get noted, and once the singer collapses, she will, in fact, lean forwards and use a small telekinetic spell to attempt to turn her over.
    "...I'd be careful about touching," she'll warn if the boot-nudge comes into play. "Magical wasting, perhaps?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Den of Doom]

Talia frowns, leaning over to examine the dancer's face, on the reasoning that there must be some reason that it was hidden while she was on the stage, flicking a rather specific one of her thorns to make a spark, and forming that into a small orb with her abilities, then holding it over the woman's head, if necessary.

((Is the person who just fell in front of them still breathing?))

23. - Top - End - #1133

Alysha

Alysha takes a quick look around, then shrugs a little.

Well, there's the doors over there, and food, and people to talk to, and gambling games. Not sure what else, but we could probably find something if we wander enough.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A Hanging Thread

KR gives a cheerful, enthusiastic 'yay!' before heading through the door. I think it safe to assume for Slii's next post that Ezreal, Jacen, and Zebes go through too.

Unless they all like agreeing to things and then not doing them for fun or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    A Hanging Thread

The man in the pulsfire Ezreal costume turns around. He turns around as he hears 'KR' speaking to someone.

"Hello. If your ready, then let's go."
    The Hanging Thread

The portal leads each person who enters it through a mirror into a massive costume shop filled with perfect costumes from every corner of reality imaginable. Above every rack, signs proclaim All fit one size, and there's an odd lack of changing rooms anywhere to be seen.

It appears that the mirror they just walked out of is at the back of the store, but they can see a similar portal where the glass front doors would be. On either side of the portal, mannequins wearing sample costumes are propped up to better display some of the wares.

There doesn't seem to be anyone else in the store, although there is a locked Employees Only door near them. Looks like the only way out is forward.

Den of Doom

Ivaz takes in her surroundings, mildly surprised at them. Very different.

Then she turns her attention to the stage, and finds her attention being drawn more and more to the woman there. She notices the oddities, and wonders about them.

Then comes the fall. And the applause.

Ivaz will just place her hands on her hips and watch them woman, half expecting her to get back up again. If she stays there long enough, Ivaz will even nudge her with the toe of her metal boot.

Strange Delights

Krystal definitely enjoys the dessert. It tasted great.

The comes the whisper. Krystal freezes, then slowly turns to face the woman that spoke to her. If she had pupils, they'd be pretty wide right now.

What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Card Table]

Crissy does as well, listening intently.
    This is math.
    She's good at math...

She keeps close to Dorota's side though. She still doesn't trust the snakewoman.

Den of Doom

Amist, for her part, takes in the show with a smile, quite enjoying it. However the anomalies get noted, and once the singer collapses, she will, in fact, lean forwards and use a small telekinetic spell to attempt to turn her over.
    "...I'd be careful about touching," she'll warn if the boot-nudge comes into play. "Magical wasting, perhaps?"
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Den of Doom]

Talia frowns, leaning over to examine the dancer's face, on the reasoning that there must be some reason that it was hidden while she was on the stage, flicking a rather specific one of her thorns to make a spark, and forming that into a small orb with her abilities, then holding it over the woman's head, if necessary.

((Is the person who just fell in front of them still breathing?))
    Den of Doom

The woman at their feet is not breathing nor stirring. From all appearances, she simply stopped living from one moment to the next in mid dance. Now that she is out of the spot light, they can see that her face is covered in a thick rubbery mask that seems moulded to her face, and that only two holes for her nostrils allowed her to breath. Her eyes, ears, and mouth were all sealed over tightly by the substance.

Amist's telekinesis does nothing to the girl, but if Ivaz does go through with the boot nudge, she'll flop boneless over onto her back, still as dead as ever.

"A wonderful show, was it not? Milady Violetta provided such marvelous entertainment in her passing hours yes? Now, who shall we shine our spotlight on next..." The spotlight begins roving over the crowd, and people stop clapping immediately, fidgeting in their seats as it gets close to them, some of the more flighty women even screaming in fright as it passes over them. None of them seem keen to be under it when the light stops moving.

Strange Delights

"Marjory. She made for a lovely dessert after all. She swore that she'd be the best dinner any of us have ever had, and while I might not agree with her, this was certainly more than enough to make up for the small portions of the main course." The harem girl replies as if she was talking about the weather. She reaches into her own bowl and retrieves a finger load of the heavy cream, pushing it past her lips with a throaty groan of pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Simple Pleasures

Kate loos up at the apple. What? Is this a reference to the razor blade scare from a while back?

"Don't worry, Mintbalm, just don't eat anything from the house, and follow my lead, okay?"
    Kate will walk up to the house and ring the doorbell.
    [Simple Pleasures]

Sophie stands behind Kate as she rings the doorbell. She's not sure what to expect...

[Card Table]

Simple Pleasures

As the doorbell is rung, someone scampers up to the door quickly, not giving the girls any time to think better of their actions and run off. The door opens inward, revealing a dotty old woman in a pale pink dress with weather-beaten tanned skin.

"Oh my, I didn't think we would be getting any more visitors tonight, so I put away the treats. Come in for a moment dearies, outside of that cold night air. I'll just be a second getting your candy." The old matron teeters off into the house, leaving the door open and vanishing into a room before the children can protest.

Mintbalm looks uncertainly into the gloomy entranceway, and then takes a hesitant step forward. She doesn't yet cross the threshold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Halloween Night (Candy Dash)

Once she actually bothers to pay attention she see that which Kashi already have seen, the candy! Better to get there first! She rushes away and grabs two handfuls of the sweet stuff and stuffs it in her mouth and munches it merrily with an expression of pure satisfaction. Other people were so silly when they needed more than just this.

"Sughar ish guff!" She proudly tells Elias through the mass of jelly, gum and chocolate her mouth just barely chews before ending up in the little witch's seemingly endless stomach.

"So do we get to scare people too?" She then asks Elias before stuffing more candy in her mouth. Hekta usually didn't scare people, it was much funnier sneaking past them but it wasn't like she would have anything against it and this place looking perfect for doing it.
    Halloween Night

Kashi pounces on the table and gorges himself a bit as well, real gold coins falling from between his scales as his alchemical digestive system converts the excess candy into precious metals and gems that he then sweats out. It's quite the sight for anyone looking, and unlike most dragons Kashi doesn't seem to be the least bit possessive over all the fortune he's creating.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Card Table]

Blackjack. The name is unfamiliar, but looking at the way the cards have been dealt and the rules written onto the table, the Wraith finds enough similarities to a game from his world to guess at the rest. And he'll be checking his facedown card, carefully so as to not show it to the dealer, before making any moves.
    Card Tables

Looks like the Wraith has a 7 face down, not a bad start when combined with his ace.

The dealer looks at his own card, and doesn't deal himself another. He'll wait on whatever the Wraith is doing.

Crissy is welcome to play, and might beat the naga dealer if she's lucky enough. The naga is no slouch, but she's clearly not a professional at this particular game either. Once the game is done and the pegs are counted, a bit of hard candy or miniature bar is dolled out for each point the naga was trailing behind by. In the first game, Crissy has won 16 sweeties.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-11-01 at 06:58 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gertrude will at some point reach out and try to find Kayla's hand to hold, so there's some sensation. Unfortunately, she's forgotten one of her hands is a predatory fish, so if Kayla is unlucky her hand may be accidentally bitten.

Gertrude will, when it's become too hard to stand, lie down and patiently await whatever happens.
    Kayla jumps a bit as Gerturde takes her hand then gives it a friendly squeeze happy to have some sensation. Then as they start to fly up instead of laying down she kneels.

"I sure hope this thing stops soon. You would think we would hit the roof eventually."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Orc in the Playground

"We walked through a magic portal. What gives you the idea that wherever we are has a ceiling?" Which offers some truly scary thoughts.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simple Pleasures

"We'll wait right here, thank you!"

When the woman is definitely out of earshot, Kate will whisper to her freinds, "Don't go into houses you are trick-or-treating at, that is both etiquette and safety rule number one."

28. - Top - End - #1138

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Kayla jumps a bit as Gerturde takes her hand then gives it a friendly squeeze happy to have some sensation. Then as they start to fly up instead of laying down she kneels.

"I sure hope this thing stops soon. You would think we would hit the roof eventually."

"We walked through a magic portal. What gives you the idea that wherever we are has a ceiling?" Which offers some truly scary thoughts.
    The Darkened Way

Scary thoughts or not, the flight begins to slow and finally lurches to a halt with one last shudder, leaving them at a relatively normal gravity without all that force pushing them into the spongy mass beneath them. That's not to say that all movement stops once again, as a shaking vibration quickly starts up intermittently. Two shakes, then nothing for a while, then two shakes more. After a few repetitions of this, a single pinprick of light pierces the darkness directly ahead of them, and in comparison to the complete lack of all vision before, it may be the brightest thing they have ever seen. This single mote, like a star in the night sky, is so distant that it seems unreachable or perhaps so small that it would be completely un-noteworthy if not for the stark contrast, but it is the only stimulation they have apart from each other's presence as even the vibrations stop entirely.

29. - Top - End - #1139

[Den of Doom]

The boot's made of steel that'd resist midgrade explosives. I think I'll be fine.

Ivaz crouches down to get a closer look at the mask. Well...that's kinda kinky....

She looks up at the announcer's voice, then her eyes follow the spotlight.

Guess it's somebody else's turn to dance.

Strange Delights

Krystal is still kind of stunned and confused. Her mind has already jumped to a conclusion, but she doesn't want to just assume that. I mean, people just wouldn't really do that. right? Right?

So, wait...you're saying...that the food here...and the food you had earlier...was a person? Named Marjorie?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #1140

Card Table

Flipping his card back down, the Wraith takes a moment to think, the incongruous sound of his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth emanating from beneath the shadow-y hood as he mulls it over.

I will keep. He says finally, deciding it's not worth the risk to take another card. And if it's not, well, he's only betting candy.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.