New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I blame Sereg's God Complex.

Also, he was never told not to...

Cuerva has a very strong veiled warning from Geister. So yeah, she's just gonna walk around and see stuff. And dive into the first buffet she finds.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    There are probably psychological profilers in 10th division. You said it yourself, Suzume is a pathological liar. And I think that any profiler worth his or her salt could probably recognize it.
    Yes, there are. I believe they were mentioned in a post for Karashi made about the time Takeshi when Garganta on Kido Corp.'s ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    The interrogators of 10th Division have the training and skills I guess.
    Yes they do. The good ones, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    One more thing that Soushi didn't add: can you imagine how much of a hassle it would be if the Captain of the 10th had to sign and verify EVERY. SINGLE. interrogation report of his division?

So yes, it was a rules lawyering trap. Subterfuge is something Soushi's supposed to be good at, and the fact a member of Onmitsukidou was following supposedly proper protocol at all made him slightly suspicious.
    Please explain to me what is going on. Thank you. I would also appreciate not assuming anything about the functions of 10th. Just because it would be a hassle doesn't mean Taiki wouldn't be so paranoid and insane that he wouldn't do it. I mean, he kept a guy locked up in solitary confinement for over 100 years because the guy was basically afflicted with the equivalent of a mental illness.

Which reminds me, I have to do a "History of the Maggot's Nest."

Also, Frozen, PM on your way.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-22 at 06:00 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Cool. Coz I'm not very clear on the Mortal World protocol beyond "do not blow your cover or release your reiryoku anywhere".
    Technically, released Reiryoku is Reiatsu.

But but, overall how well different characters have their presence veiled varies quite a bit. But generally, someone not manifesting their powers is all but undetectable if you don't know what you're looking for. Even someone manifesting their full power might go unnoticed if they're on the other side of the town from the observer - depends on amount of Reiatsu put out.

EDIT: tgva, the situation is pretty much that Suzume is in one of 10th holding cells, waiting for her trial and eventual transfer to 3rd. People got tangled up on whether the guards would bother interrogating Suzume's visitors over her lunatic ramblings, and what the protocol would be for having weapons there.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-22 at 06:05 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, she is the primera.

And is she going to be walking around showing that massive... Book?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

To people currently playing in the Mortal World:

I take it that everyone who is spiritually aware is also suppressing their spiritual presence as well?
    ...no. Izumi doesn't know how.

She will at some point, but as of yet, she doesn't know how.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    EDIT: tgva, the situation is pretty much that Suzume is in one of 10th holding cells, waiting for her trial and eventual transfer to 3rd. People got tangled up on whether the guards would bother interrogating Suzume's visitors over her lunatic ramblings, and what the protocol would be for having weapons there.
    The guards would be doing so. In fact, anyone visiting Suzume would be informed that any conversations they had would be recorded and could be used at trial. Suzume is, at this point, a known traitor. 10th wouldn't take chances that she'd be passing information to anyone in Sereitei.

Suzume's weapons would be confiscated and disallowed. Weapons themselves are allowed in prisons, but only by properly-skilled individuals (minimum 3rd seat). Anyone else who would be part of the transfer party would have to have received qualification somehow (10th has a test you can take for that, it basically requires you to demonstrate skill in Bakudo and non-lethal Hakuda) or be a Captain.

I should really make a write-up for prison regulations now, I suppose.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, in light of the above, things have actually progressed pretty smoothly. I don't think you need to write a complete set of prison rules, but that clarification is appreciated.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...no. Izumi doesn't know how.

She will at some point, but as of yet, she doesn't know how.
    Sora has no clue what the hell he's doing, and doesn't have the added bonus of his soul being the bit with spiritual power.

If I had to hazard a guess, Cuerva will sense the Arrancar sitting ten feet away from her in about three seconds.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    The guards would be doing so. In fact, anyone visiting Suzume would be informed that any conversations they had would be recorded and could be used at trial. Suzume is, at this point, a known traitor. 10th wouldn't take chances that she'd be passing information to anyone in Sereitei.

Suzume's weapons would be confiscated and disallowed. Weapons themselves are allowed in prisons, but only by properly-skilled individuals (minimum 3rd seat). Anyone else who would be part of the transfer party would have to have received qualification somehow (10th has a test you can take for that, it basically requires you to demonstrate skill in Bakudo and non-lethal Hakuda) or be a Captain.

I should really make a write-up for prison regulations now, I suppose.
    The crazy rambling was Suzume saying Yoshi was there to bust her out.

Hmm. Should we retcon Suzume's sword being there or would Nao be capable of bringing it in because he's competant with both Bakudo and Hakuda? Also, the way second division is written, I thought that the ranks weren't indicative of capabilities, per se.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, no. I meant personal weapons. Suzume isn't allowed near her weapons ever. She's under arrest. They're banned and disallowed. Period.

And rank is indicative of responsibility, so someone of that rank would be allowed access to their weapon.

Passing the test allows you to accompany a prisoner at all. It does not allow you to bring weaponry inside, unless you are of a certain rank.

To people currently playing in the Mortal World:

I take it that everyone who is spiritually aware is also suppressing their spiritual presence as well?
    Kina isn't, but that's because she doesn't know how to.

Armin is ridiculously good at it.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

I figure I should make a new post for this.

Would people be against the existence of a Mortal World character who could strip someone of all their powers except seeing spiritual beings, turning them into a mortal? The ability would require the recipient to be totally willing to work.

12. - Top - End - #72

KD, I've changed my posts to remove instances of Nao carrying any weapons.

Also, she's been wearing the suppressing handcuff the entire time. The bakudo was just unnecessary from the beginning.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Would people be against the existence of a Mortal World character who could strip someone of all their powers except seeing spiritual beings, turning them into a mortal? The ability would require the recipient to be totally willing to work.
    No problems for me, provided it is A) temporary or B) reversible. Given that the character herself doesn't absorb said powers...

...of course, since it has to be completely voluntary, either caveat might prove unnecessary.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-22 at 06:56 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

I do. But I am curious why you want such a character and what you want to use it for.

Is there a plot or character you are thinking to use it against?

It also depends on the type of character I think. Is it hero or villain? Is it spiritual being or mortal student?

Maybe if you can explain more?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, Kasanip, do you want Kazari to be with Chiyoko when she gets kidnapped?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, Kasanip, do you want Kazari to be with Chiyoko when she gets kidnapped?

It is part of a new kidnap plan? If it is ok, I would like to help.

I will try to write post after school. It is a train phone message.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

The character would be a mortal. The character would not gain any benefit from performing the power separation. In fact, it would probably actively cost him/her energy to do so. It wouldn't be a snap-my-fingers-you're-mortal thing.

I have no current plots in mind for the character. I thought it might be interesting to have the character exist as a plot point, because there are I imagine several organizations that would like access to the ability to unpower their opponents. I also was inspired by some of what Zarah was discussing with his "making characters join another faction" thing, except without the faction part.

I imagine the character more as a support/sideline character, who might witness events but not experience them directly. Probably more heroic. The character's other abilities (if I decide he/she has other abilities at all) would be mostly related to personal defense, healing, or something that's totally not combat related and totally not useful in a direct combat.

Thinking from a plot perspective... There are kids fighting hollows. We have teenagers, between age 16 and 18, fighting embodiments of restless souls, many of whom may have serious evil intentions or are people they previously knew. While many kids will be mentally prepared for that, many will not be. Many, I believe, will want out. This character exists to give them that out, should they decide to take it. I don't expect any to, but the option exists. That's my main desire.

It also gives a way for, for example, a Hollow character to become something else if they wanted. I also imagine the character as being especially useful to Vizard.

I can write more if you have more questions.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

The character would be a mortal. The character would not gain any benefit from performing the power separation. In fact, it would probably actively cost him/her energy to do so. It wouldn't be a snap-my-fingers-you're-mortal thing.

I have no current plots in mind for the character. I thought it might be interesting to have the character exist as a plot point, because there are I imagine several organizations that would like access to the ability to unpower their opponents. I also was inspired by some of what Zarah was discussing with his "making characters join another faction" thing, except without the faction part.

I imagine the character more as a support/sideline character, who might witness events but not experience them directly. Probably more heroic. The character's other abilities (if I decide he/she has other abilities at all) would be mostly related to personal defense, healing, or something that's totally not combat related and totally not useful in a direct combat.

Thinking from a plot perspective... There are kids fighting hollows. We have teenagers, between age 16 and 18, fighting embodiments of restless souls, many of whom may have serious evil intentions or are people they previously knew. While many kids will be mentally prepared for that, many will not be. Many, I believe, will want out. This character exists to give them that out, should they decide to take it. I don't expect any to, but the option exists. That's my main desire.

It also gives a way for, for example, a Hollow character to become something else if they wanted. I also imagine the character as being especially useful to Vizard.

I imagined that's where you were going with it. Makes for a good "with great powers comes great responsibility" type of story; like Ben Grimm finding out he can go back to being plain human, witnessing the events around him and deciding to go back to being The Thing.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #79

Another possible plot is that a group may want to reverse the character's power in order to give otherwise powerless individuals, well, power. It would put the character in a bit of a "Innoue" role. Or they could try to see what her power would do used on someone without powers without trying to change it. Or if she used it on a plus or something.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Well, she is the primera.

And is she going to be walking around showing that massive... Book?
    No, she would be shoving it down her Garganta for storage. That image was just for show, and yeah she had already read it all during the walk before reaching Phoenix Town, so if I accidentally left that detail back in, its an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora has no clue what the hell he's doing, and doesn't have the added bonus of his soul being the bit with spiritual power.

If I had to hazard a guess, Cuerva will sense the Arrancar sitting ten feet away from her in about three seconds.

Kina isn't, but that's because she doesn't know how to.

Armin is ridiculously good at it.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Very cool to see that character written out and we can take a look at it.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #81

No, she would be shoving it down her Garganta for storage. That image was just for show, and yeah she had already read it all during the walk before reaching Phoenix Town, so if I accidentally left that detail back in, its an accident.

Thanks for the heads up.

Very cool to see that character written out and we can take a look at it.
    I think Terry means Sora, the living arrancar character. Other possibilities are Mei and Serazel, but they're hidden in Viatrix's shop across the street and Cuerva wouldn't be able to sense anything until they came out of the building.

Edit: And Sora's a male
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-22 at 07:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    This... will potentially have pretty disastrous consequences...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    This... will potentially have pretty disastrous consequences...
    Now now, Cuerva is not Sereg. She's more subtle and careful
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Now now, Cuerva is not Sereg. She's more subtle and careful
    Elephants are more subtle and careful than Sereg.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Elephants are more subtle and careful than Sereg.
    Hahahahaha true.

Oh question. Shinigami have Soul Candy to get out of their gigai and have it walk away to safety.

What about us Arrancar?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hahahahaha true.

Oh question. Shinigami have Soul Candy to get out of their gigai and have it walk away to safety.

What about us Arrancar?
    That's...an excellent question. I'd wager they have an easier mechanism for shedding the body itself, but the body will just collapse.

I mean, whoever invents Modsouls/Artificial Souls would be the most popular Arrancar ever; it's like condensed food, you know? It's an entire soul, and a potent one, but it's in small candy format!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That's...an excellent question. I'd wager they have an easier mechanism for shedding the body itself, but the body will just collapse.

I mean, whoever invents Modsouls/Artificial Souls would be the most popular Arrancar ever; it's like condensed food, you know? It's an entire soul, and a potent one, but it's in small candy format!
    But wouldn't you need a soul to make a soul? Use Blanks maybe?

But yeah, how do we get out of the gigai like that...
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

But wouldn't you need a soul to make a soul? Use Blanks maybe?

But yeah, how do we get out of the gigai like that...
    If you needed a soul to make modsouls or artificial souls/soul candy, that'd defeat the purpose.

I think the whole reason they freaked about modsouls was because they were actually creating new souls inside the candies. Like, full-blown souls; the ones in more standard soul candy seem rather...limited.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If you needed a soul to make modsouls or artificial souls/soul candy, that'd defeat the purpose.

I think the whole reason they freaked about modsouls was because they were actually creating new souls inside the candies. Like, full-blown souls; the ones in more standard soul candy seem rather...limited.
    You got a point. Let's get Vincente in on that project!
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

The artificial soul is likely some sort of spiritual microchip with a very basic artificial intelligence inside, and likely has zero spiritual power. A modsoul is stronger and smarter and likely has additional requirements for its production. But likely not blanks or any proper souls, in all likelyhood they just take an initial infusion of spiritual power by someone and then become able to generate their own, like awakening a human.

I likely used likely one too many times in that paragraph.

Likely.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-05-22 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing