New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

The truck accelerates toward the Concierge, and it seems a collision is imminent. However, at the last moment, the driver falls to their knees and bends backward. The eighteen-wheeler's axles pass mere centimetres away from the Concierge's visor, and the three rods of Rikujokoro shatter on impact with the vehicle.

The driver stays still as the truck continues of pass over them, it only coming to a stop once its driver its positioned directly under the cab. A quick log roll, and the Concierge is out from under the truck, stepping up the cab, and reaching for the driver's door.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya nods. Lacking ink, she activates Hakumujou and manipulates her own shadows to form the black seals along her arms.

"Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Bakudo #77 Tentei Kuura!"

Upon casting this spell, a mental alert is issued to every Shinigami around the Sekkiseki quarry and a mile beyond the location. Konpaku Aya proceeds with her encounter and battle report as well as information of her foe's abilities and physical description, as well as a note that the target has escaped the battle via Garganta. Furthermore, Aya requests medical assistance for Goro-san.

Sitting back down on the ground to resume her first-aid treatment on her fellow seated officer, Aya waits for reinforcements.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-07-12 at 05:39 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #753
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The truck accelerates toward the Concierge, and it seems a collision is imminent. However, at the last moment, the driver falls to their knees and bends backward. The eighteen-wheeler's axles pass mere centimetres away from the Concierge's visor, and the three rods of Rikujokoro shatter on impact with the vehicle.

The driver stays still as the truck continues of pass over them, it only coming to a stop once its driver its positioned directly under the cab. A quick log roll, and the Concierge is out from under the truck, stepping up the cab, and reaching for the driver's door.
    Day 20?

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (Seki Seki Quarry)

Taro stood strong as he watched the fight go on, Goro took out the truck guns well, but his injury looked bad...Aya looked impressive in her techniques.

A bead of sweat rolled down his nose as he stood holding his battle fan outstretched in front of him, its energy field now quite large around it, easily providing cover for all the miners and his men.

He turned his head from the battle briefly to look behind him, many of the miners were in shock, a few had injuries to which a few of the 10th's men were trying to use field-healing kido on.

"maybe i can leave them and help Aya and 11th acting Captain out...one enemy is gone...and the immediate threat of gunfire seems squelched with Goro's fine Kido" he thought to himself

Taro then turned back to the fight going on, watching with amazement at the Concierge's acrobatic maneuvers as the large truck barreled on.

"One had already escaped...the other looks like 'she' is flight mode..." Taro thought.

Taro grimaced, the miners safety was his order, but with Goro taking injury, and the immenseness of that truck and its gathering power, the others might need his help to stop it.

Taro burst out, trying to get the 11th Acting Captain's attention, knowing he probably knew all of this anyways, but trying also to remind the acting Captain that he and his men were still there, and that they still had a chance to gain something from this encounter.

"Seiko-san don't let that truck get away!!"

Taro stood strong, his shield still up, looking on helplessly, wanting desperately to stop that truck. We could let 'her' get away after the brutal killing of Shinigami.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Pixie in the Playground

Unfortunately for the Concierge, the door seems jammed, as the blade of a sword is stuck in the door handle with the sheath flying towards the Concierge's head. "Did you forget about me?" He taunted, crouched on the hood of the cab. "I'm hurt." Seiko jumped down from the cab, leaving his sword wedged in the door, and aimed a few quick jabs at the Concierge's head and stomach.

As he fought, he yelled to Taro. "If the guns are gone, then take out the truck's wheels! I want this one in chains by the end of the day!" Then, as another thought occurred to him, he added, "And that's Seiko-TAICHOU to you!"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Unfortunately for the Concierge, the door seems jammed, as the blade of a sword is stuck in the door handle with the sheath flying towards the Concierge's head. "Did you forget about me?" He taunted, crouched on the hood of the cab. "I'm hurt." Seiko jumped down from the cab, leaving his sword wedged in the door, and aimed a few quick jabs at the Concierge's head and stomach.

As he fought, he yelled to Taro. "If the guns are gone, then take out the truck's wheels! I want this one in chains by the end of the day!" Then, as another thought occurred to him, he added, "And that's Seiko-TAICHOU to you!"
    "How could I forget you?"

The Concierge's forearm darts up to parry the sheath. Once Seiko's first lunge comes, the driver's other arm whips across their body, chain extruding from the sleeve in a flash to entangle his arm, the sharpened keys digging into his flesh. A quick tug and a side-step, and Seiko finds himself off-balance and the Concierge well out of arm's reach.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    "How could I forget you?"

The Concierge's forearm darts up to parry the sheath. Once Seiko's first lunge comes, the driver's other arm whips across their body, chain extruding from the sleeve in a flash to entangle his arm, the sharpened keys digging into his flesh. A quick tug and a side-step, and Seiko finds himself off-balance and the Concierge well out of arm's reach.
    Day 20?

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (Seki Seki Quarry)

Taro grinned a bit as he heard the Acting Captain, Seiko, correct his honorifics mid- battle...

"oops...i gotta work on that.." Taro thought to himself briefly as he burst out.

"Hai!.. Taicho" He said to the Acting Captain, his voice respectful and almost apologetic.

Taro then turned his head to look behind him at his men who were chomping at the bit to get in on the action. Then motioning to a group of four men he said:

"You four...stay with the miners, and move them away from the battle, find some cover..."

The motioning to the others his voice a bit more sure and loud:

"The rest of you...(should be 16), split up and each team go for a tire, WE NEED TO DISABLE THAT TRUCK!!"

"HAI!!!" They responded in unison, drawing their zanapktuo's, the metal sound as they drew was clear and almost musical.

Taro then turned back forward, and with a flick of his wrist, his blue shield collapsed in on the large fan, and his men burst passed him yelling "AHHH!!!" as they sped towards each of their wheels in groups of four

As for Taro, after they passes him, he grinned slightly adjusted himself a bit and burst forward towards the front of the unmoving truck as fast as he could, his large fan held at his chest as he went.

------
    Taro was the first to arrive, seeing Seiko and the Concierge battling near the cab, Taro jumped in front of the truck and took a familiar Sumo stance, crouched and low , with one foot back he moved forward laying his left hand on the front of the truck, as if he was going to keep the truck in place should it try to start moving again.

"WAAAAHHH!!!"

Taro yelled as with his right hand he brought his large war fan, its edges sharp and its metal hard, first up and then fast heavily down towards the engine hood attempting to disable the truck via destroying its engine.

------
    Arriving at each wheel each four-man group would attempt to slash at the tires with their zanapktuo, trying to flatten and puncture the tires.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko smirked as the chains wrapped around his arm. What the Concierge hadn't counted on was the fact that Seiko, given a massive amount of reiatsu and a few centuries of training, was incredibly strong. He grabbed hold of the chain wrapped around his arm, ignoring the pain for the time being, and pulled back, hard. As he yanked the chain back, he aimed a kick at the Concierge's chest as the driver gets pulled towards him.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    ...Before Nao leaves, however, in front of the slowly closing rift to the void, a glitter may catch his eye.

The glitter of a sword.
    Nao barely spots the offending glimmer before leaving and his eyes narrow with suspicion. One can never be too careful after all. He waves one of the guards over to take a look, and so the other shinigami reaches down and draws the sword up to view.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei]

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Unknown gun-wielding assassin tried to kill me. Seemed to have a variety of "gadgets", including something that let him fade from sight and sense. I have a feeling we didn't see the full measure of his power and ability today, but he's a wily one. I wager our trackers would have a better time dealing with him; it's sadly one of my weak areas."
    Ryouichi frowns. "We'll need the 9th right away --"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Konpaku Aya nods. Lacking ink, she activates Hakumujou and manipulates her own shadows to form the black seals along her arms.

"Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Bakudo #77 Tentei Kuura!"

Upon casting this spell, a mental alert is issued to every Shinigami around the Sekkiseki quarry and a mile beyond the location. Konpaku Aya proceeds with her encounter and battle report as well as information of her foe's abilities and physical description, as well as a note that the target has escaped the battle via Garganta. Furthermore, Aya requests medical assistance for Goro-san.

Sitting back down on the ground to resume her first-aid treatment on her fellow seated officer, Aya waits for reinforcements.
    "--or not." The commander general considers for all of a second. "In all likelihood, the assailant at the sekkisekki quarry will rendezvous with our mysterious assassin. This was obviously a diversion... They're on the run, so it's best if we circle around our assassin's likely path of exit, towards the quarry... Do you agree, Masaru-taichou?"

[Maggots Nest]

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Nao barely spots the offending glimmer before leaving and his eyes narrow with suspicion. One can never be too careful after all. He waves one of the guards over to take a look, and so the other shinigami reaches down and draws the sword up to view.
    The blade is simple, with a silver hilt in black wrapping.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko nods. "All right.

That said, you are going up against a Captain-level foe, plus whatever support he has. If you feel under pressure, get Shishiou to call in a Strike Team call, and we'll skip straight to the highest level of response."
    "Of course", Sayuri says. She has near-zero intention of doing so, however, regardless of what happens. With the recent incidents concerning Natsuko's closest two officers, dragging the 13th Captain to the operation would put all ordinary mortal world patrols at greatly heightened risk.

The chances of Natsuko being needed anywhere else at the same time are slim, of course, but Sayuri thinks they'll still be served better by utilizing reources from other Divisions with less on their hands.

Plus, Natsuko is a mother now.

"I have nothing else at the moment, Hayashi-taichou. I'll keep on touch if anything important comes up."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

...Sayuri had better not voice that last reason anywhere near anywhere it could ever get back to Natsuko.

In any case, the 13th Squad Captain nods, and smiles. "In that case, dismissed. Thank you for coming to see me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

[Day 20 afternoon, 9th Division]

Sayuri bows to Natsuko and leaves, heading straight for her next destination: the 9th. Not long after, Hirokatsu Goto will hear a knock on his doorframe in turn.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Seireitei]

"--or not." The commander general considers for all of a second. "In all likelihood, the assailant at the sekkisekki quarry will rendezvous with our mysterious assassin. This was obviously a diversion... They're on the run, so it's best if we circle around our assassin's likely path of exit, towards the quarry... Do you agree, Masaru-taichou?"

[Maggots Nest]

Day 20

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the Acting Captain's office with the 4th Seat and acting Vice Captain, Kaki)

------------------
    A four man team of 9th Division members watched from a distance as the Captain General and Captain Masaru spoke. Having been notified immediately by Hirokatsu in light of Masaru's distress call, they arrived and observed the situation as quickly as they could. However they provided little to no more information than what the to Captain's had come to. Still they watched on and scanned for traces of the intruder's reiatsu trail, notebooks at the ready, and hell butterflies on their shoulders. They had just reported in to Hirokatsu moments earlier and their conclusion was the same as the Captain's nearby, a feint and distraction from something else.

-------------------

Another four man team of 9th Division members stood under cover near the sekiseki quarry, as they watched four 10th Division members leading a group of miners away from the large truck towards their position. They had positioned themselves in cover, though not far enough away to not be of help should the need arise.

They had been well trained by Kiku and Hirokatsu to be recon members, trained to know when information retrieval and observation can often be more important than their blades. In a fight like this, their blades were of little help with the others gathered. They watched on, each with a small notebook open and a pen in their hand, on each of their shoulders, a hell butterfly perched.

Having reported in to Hirokatsu a few moments back, they watched closely the scene unfolding, nodding to the 10th Division members as they arrived with the miners. Without a word the four of them looked to each other and nodded. Two putting away their notebooks and going forward to the 10th Division members and helping with the miners.

One, a short and chubby man, spoke to the four man team of the 10th Division.

"We can take care of them from the cover here, none look to seriously injured, you four should head back to the battle..."

The short man had no rank on the four 10th division members, and his tone was not one of ordering, it was one more of frankness and respect. Their four swords would be of more use in the fight than here with injured. The 9th Division could handle this.

One of the group of four 10th Division members nodded and bowed in agreement before waiving on the other three back towards the battle.

"Let's go boys!...I'm sure Taro-san will be glad to have us back!!"

"Hai!" the other three responded.

Then they drew their swords in concert and headed back towards the truck as quick as they could.

-------------------

A Hell butterfly came flapping into the Captain Genral's vicinity, it was a message from the 9th Division Acting Captain, Hirokatsu Goto.

The voice in the message was clear and direct.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Captain General sir, this is Hirokatsu Goto, Acting Captain of the 9th Division.
    Per multiple recon team accounts, the attack on Cpt. Masaru seems a deliberate feint and distraction from events taking place at the old sekiseki quarry, by a group of intruders to Soul Society, their ultimate goal is still unknown, but a large mortal world "truck" is located there and sekiseki seems to have been loaded into it by force of the miners there.

At current, the Acting Captain of the 11th Division, the 3rd, 4th, and 7th Seat of the 10th Division, and 15-20 10th Division Shinigami are at present engaging two enemy, one of which seems to have just escaped via some kind of portal, perhaps Garganta.

I have a squad currently on site, and have multiple other squads on patrol in and outside the Seretei in case other 'distractions' are underway.

As always, I await your further instructions."

-------------------

Hirokatsu sat back against the wall behind his desk in his office, he had never like chairs with backs on them, but he positioned his low desk and sitting pillow so near the back wall it was just about the same, using the office wall, and 9th Division itself as something he could 'literally' lean on when he need to think or rest. Having sent out multiple hell butterflies, he took a moment to himself, closing his eyes and, as habit dictated with him, began twirling his long mustache as he thought.

Kaki, would be sitting nearby at her seat to the left of him going over new reports and catching up on what has been transpiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Day 20 afternoon, 9th Division]

Sayuri bows to Natsuko and leaves, heading straight for her next destination: the 9th. Not long after, Hirokatsu Goto will hear a knock on his doorframe in turn.
    That was when he heard the knock on the door to his office.

Still leaning back against the wall on his sitting pillow, he responded to the knock, feeling it unnecessary to bother Kaki while she read reports, especially when whomever's reiatsu outside 'felt' familiar and friendly to him.

"Come in..."

His voice was clear as he straightened up and sat on his pillow with good posture, his eyes opened slightly as he awaited the guest.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Maggots Nest]

Nao sighs as he doesn't recognize the weapon and wraps it into some loose cloth. The guards may be naive enough to touch it, but Nao wouldn't have gotten to where he is now if he had a habit of touching everything. He gives a short nod of recognition before heading to eight division.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

[9th Division]

Sayuri steps in and bows. "Goto-fukutaichou", she starts, "Yamamoto-fukutaichou from 1st Division. I'm here to discuss upcoming operation to catch former Kido Commander Kitano Takeshi."

While her bearing is formal as ever (save for conspicuous lack of make-up), Sayuri can't help but feel a little awkward and sad. It's not that she doesn't know Hirokatsu, she'd met him quite few times in strategic meeting and when visiting Kiku but... that's the thing. Just a few weeks ago, she'd been talking to her friend of two hundred years. Just being in the building reminds her that she's gone now.

"We'll begin our search from a mid-Japan locale called Fushichou Town. I request any officers stationed there for my own use. They'll serve as our primary means to find the defector. I'd appreciate a full list of names an ranks."

"In addition, I'd ask you to assemble a strike force, including you personally, to be on hold for the interception and elimination of the primary target if the initial assault proves insufficient. How fast would this be possible?"

16. - Top - End - #766
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [9th Division]

Sayuri steps in and bows. "Goto-fukutaichou", she starts, "Yamamoto-fukutaichou from 1st Division. I'm here to discuss upcoming operation to catch former Kido Commander Kitano Takeshi."

While her bearing is formal as ever (save for conspicuous lack of make-up), Sayuri can't help but feel a little awkward and sad. It's not that she doesn't know Hirokatsu, she'd met him quite few times in strategic meeting and when visiting Kiku but... that's the thing. Just a few weeks ago, she'd been talking to her friend of two hundred years. Just being in the building reminds her that she's gone now.

"We'll begin our search from a mid-Japan locale called Fushichou Town. I request any officers stationed there for my own use. They'll serve as our primary means to find the defector. I'd appreciate a full list of names an ranks."

"In addition, I'd ask you to assemble a strike force, including you personally, to be on hold for the interception and elimination of the primary target if the initial assault proves insufficient. How fast would this be possible?"

Day 20

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice-Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the Acting Captain's office with the 4th Seat and Acting Vice-Captain, Kaki...1st Division Vice-Captain Sayuri having just entered)

Hirokatsu's eyes widened a bit more when the 1st Division Vice-Captain came in. Kaki seemed to feel she should get up, but Hirokatsu without looking to her, quickly waived her off in a manner that she would recognize to mean "don't worry yourself with formalities"

Hirokatsu immediately rose to his feet as Sayuri came in. Grabbing his closed umbrella and holding it horizontally with both his hands behind his back as he stood, he moved around Kaki to greet Sayuri a few steps in front of the desk. His thigh length black haori hung over his Shinigami robes, his recently trimmed long graying mustache and eyebrows falling over his black outfit slightly.

Nodding his head respectfully

"Vice-Captain Sayuri... how good it is to see you...you welcome in the 9th Division, as always"

His tone was characteristically polite and respectful, soft but sure. tHose last words 'as always' were said specifically as Sayuri had often visited the 9th Division while Kiku held the Captain's post, and while Hirokatsu was never privy to their relationship, it seemed as if they had one lasting for some time.

Hirokatsu had known Sayuri well enough as a Shinigami and fellow Vice Captain. Hirokatsu had first known of her as his replacement as 3rd Seat in the 1st Division as he departed for the Vice Captain position in the 9th Division about 60 years in the past. She had not been a member fo the 1st for very long before Hirokatsu had departed, and as such Hirokatsu had not known her very well, though her ascendance to his old 3rd seat did not escape his ears at the time.

Over the last 60 years as 3rd seat and then later as Vice Captain of the 1st, he had known her to be extremely dutiful and professional, and that combined with her obviously gathering power made her a truly great 1st Division Shinigami. He remembered when she was named Vice-Captain of the 1st only a few years ago because he himself had very much considered attempting to side-step form his Vice Captaincy in the 9th to Vice Captaincy in the 1st division. There were few things his family respected more than their chosen son being a member of the 1st Division. However, at the bequest of Kiku and her confidence in him, Hirokatsu did not put his name forward for the position, and as such, the talented Sayuri now held the position, and has done nothing but quality work sine she has taken them mantle.

He looked onto her, she was not as old as he, and she held herself as well as Captain of Vice Captain in the Gotei. There was no doubt in Hirokatsu's mind that she one day would be Captain if she so chose.

It had not been but a few weeks since Kiku had been promoted, and obviously she had not visited since Kiku's departure. Hirokatsu thought how tough it probably was for her come here and see someone else behind that desk. It was equally as tough on Hirokatsu to sit behind that desk, though he did so without complaint or reluctance. He had not replaced her, far from it, he had merely succeeded her. Losing two of his dearest friends, first Kiku to promotion and then Osamu to his unlikely death, and with all the other disruptions in the Soul Society and Seretei, not to mention his coming to grips with using his Bankai and the field promotion of Kaki as Acting Vice-Captain, had not made his first weeks easy by any stretch.

Still he stood as professional and respectful as he could in front of Sayuri. She had come to him as such, despite her feelings, and as such so would Hirokatsu stand in front of her, duty centered and peace in his mind as he listened to her.

Hirokatsu had figured a mission to find the Kido Corps defectors was going to happen soon, and he nodded as he heard her speak. As she asked her questions of him, Hirokatsu pondered for a brief moment tapping one end of his umbrella on his hands as he thought.

Then his eyes opened and he nodded to her as he spoke carefully and clearly, with only the minimal inflection in his tone.

"Of course Vice-Captain... the 9th Division is always at the 1st's disposal..."

he paused again...very briefly

"...On Earth right now, and actually already assigned by myself to primarily be on the look out for the Kido defectors is a small team of three. Led by my 9th Seat, Shou, with him are two twins, the 19th and 20th Seats, Minoru and Makoto Takenaka, who are known especially for their stealth and disguise talents as well as their knack for working very well together....As recently a today, Shou-san are in Fushichou Town and has split up the town for intelligence gathering equally between himself for one half and the twins together for the other half.....Other than them i have several unseated on routine recon missions...but if a team was being put together, those three would be my recommendation"

Bowing his head slightly to her

"They are all at your command should you desire their talents...i can transfer their duties to you as soon as you wish...and i can also assign more if you like...though i am spread quite thin currently with our new focus on doing recon in the Rukongai in light of the recent intrusions... (hoping she realized that she had multiple reports already on their way to the 1st Division from two teams of his who were on site for the SekiSeki incident and the sniper attack of Masaru)"

Pausing again briefly

"As for assembling a back up strike team, I can indeed put one together if it is the wish of the Captain General and yourself. My only question is whether you would desire it to be comprised of only the 9th Division or not...while we here in the 9th Division are no strangers to battle, our talents often lend themselves better to information gathering rather than swordplay...having said that...we do not lack the strength if it is so desired..."

Hirokatsu's tone was very careful in those last words, he made sure to make sure his words did not come across as unwilling or un-desiring for battle, more they were matter of fact and in recognition that the 9th Division is not the prototypical "strike type of Division".

"Regardless of your answer, i can have a team assembled of 9th Division or from other divisions as soon as quickly as possible...it would be my highest priority Vice-Captain, if it is the Captain General and the Gotei's desire."

Bows his head and upper body slightly.

Upon rising he would look to her and await her response, she was not wearing makeup, which was odd to Hirokatsu, as he had not remembered the last time he did not see her in her makeup. He figured this probably meant she was leading this mission, though he called no attention to it.

His eyes were open enough for them to be seen through his long bushy eyebrows by Sayuri. His face was demure as he looked on to the beautiful Vice Captain.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

"A team consisting solely of your troops should suffice. I expect speed to be of greater necessity than raw strenght. But if you feel the need, you can contact 6th for reinforcements. What's important to me is that you'll be ready to jump in at any moment once we engage the enemy."

"I'd appreciate if you'd send Officer Shou a word of the plan. Tell him to expect us within next few days. He and his team will be part of our vanguard. I'll send you the details of the overall battle strategy once I've finished assembling my primary strike force."

It seems the 1st Vice-Captain has said what she came to say, when something hits her. "... wait, did you say something of intrusion to the Rukon? When did this happen?"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "A team consisting solely of your troops should suffice. I expect speed to be of greater necessity than raw strenght. But if you feel the need, you can contact 6th for reinforcements. What's important to me is that you'll be ready to jump in at any moment once we engage the enemy."

"I'd appreciate if you'd send Officer Shou a word of the plan. Tell him to expect us within next few days. He and his team will be part of our vanguard. I'll send you the details of the overall battle strategy once I've finished assembling my primary strike force."

It seems the 1st Vice-Captain has said what she came to say, when something hits her. "... wait, did you say something of intrusion to the Rukon? When did this happen?"

Day 20

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice-Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division:
    (in the Acting Captain's office with the 4th Seat and Acting Vice-Captain, Kaki...1st Division Vice-Captain Sayuri having just entered)

Hirokatsu nodded to her understanding

"Of course, i will adjust Shou and his team's orders, they will be ready when you need them and will follow your orders. All i ask is that they are treated well, and that their reports come through myself as well as the 1st Division. Their performance and actions are of great import for me...and i will be sure to have a team available to back you up should the unlikely need arise...only let me know the time and coordinates for the Senkeimon and I will be ready"

As he finished his response, Hirokatsu quirked his brow slightly, his left eye rising a bit as he heard her last words. It seemed odd she was confused he thought, he rarely found her to be uninformed, but perhaps her disheveled appearance was indication of her being out of the loop.

"pardon Vice Captain?...well... i refocused the 9th Division in light of the recent attack on the Seretei and corresponding feint in the Rukongai ultimately culminating in the destruction of the Maggot's Nest...and even more recently..."

Hirokatsu motioned to Kaki with his umbrella quickly as he still looked forward. In an instant Kaki brought up the most up to date reports on the current situations and handed them to him. To which Hirokatsu took and extended to Sayuri as he continued on in detail.

"...the current and potentially still ongoing, assassination attempt of Masaru-Taicho which seemed only to be a feint to distract from some kind of theft from the old sekiseki mine... i have teams observing both situations as well as other teams out looking for potential other incursions...so far the attempt on the Taicho seems over with the assailant's seeming escape...the Captain General arrived to that scene...while at the sekiseki mine...the 10th Division 3rd 4th and 7th seats and 20 unseated along with the 11th Acting Captain Seiko are dealing with that situation currently... apologize Vice-Captain..i thought you were aware of the situations...Masaru Taicho sent an SOS pulsing reiatsu pattern which triggered my Division's immediate response and seeing as your Captain was already involved i figured your Division was alerted as well..."

Hirokatsu nodded a bit to her in apology.

"I apologize that I bring this news as surprise..."

Hirokatsu looked on with confidence to her. He was sure she must have been uninformed as this new mission was of the utmost importance, and that both situations were seemingly under control. Still he was concerned she seemed flustered at not knowing.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Sayuri has a sinking feel. So that's what the warning sirens were about.

"I've been absent from my office for most of the day. I was not alerted to the situation at hand. I hope this means the situation is now under control."
    The part about Ryouichi's involvement raises no small questions - why would he not have notified her if his presence was required?

Hopefully, it only means he'd decided not to bother her and ordered someone else to look after the 1st while he was gone.

"Well, I suppose I'll receive a report on the issue in timely manner if it is something of concern. You don't have to use your time to explain it to me. Thank you for your co-operation, Goto-san."
    Sayuri bows and readies to make her leave.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei]

[Maggots Nest]

"Soutaichou, I'll be going on ahead. Unless you have other orders for me." It seemed a little unusual for Nagamichi to be this antsy. Anyone who knew him REALLY well - such as Masaru - might notice a small twitch at the corner of his eye. With the way he carried himself, Masaru had only seen that twitch on one particular occasion...

...when Soushi had murder in his eyes, and he didn't want to show it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Seireitei]Ryouichi frowns. "We'll need the 9th right away --"

Masaru nods.

"That's the best tactic we'll get in this sort of short term. "

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Soutaichou, I'll be going on ahead. Unless you have other orders for me." It seemed a little unusual for Nagamichi to be this antsy. Anyone who knew him REALLY well - such as Masaru - might notice a small twitch at the corner of his eye. With the way he carried himself, Masaru had only seen that twitch on one particular occasion...

...when Soushi had murder in his eyes, and he didn't want to show it.
    Masaru blinked at Soushi's expression, then nodded.

"Sounds good. We'll follow behind, circle out to the side."

One had to know when to indulge your subordinates, and this was one of those times.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

Almost immediately, Soushi vanished. Was he... always quite that fast?

...and shouldn't he have at least said the name of Kyokko?

I hate how new guys come waltzing in on my plans. I need to find out what the heck they are up to.

Aren't you more upset that they attacked your captain?

Soushi almost halted in his heels as he heard that voice. What follows is a string of heartbreaking abuse that none should lay eyes upon. So this humble narrator will leave it to your imagination.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei - En Route to Sekkisekki Quarry]

Ryouichi raises an eyebrow. "Eager, that one... Well, let's not waste time, anyway."

And he's off, circling to the right to take his place in the search formation.

[Maggot's Nest]

Even as Nao cautiously takes the sword, the blade gleams subtly, but ominously...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Seiko smirked as the chains wrapped around his arm. What the Concierge hadn't counted on was the fact that Seiko, given a massive amount of reiatsu and a few centuries of training, was incredibly strong. He grabbed hold of the chain wrapped around his arm, ignoring the pain for the time being, and pulled back, hard. As he yanked the chain back, he aimed a kick at the Concierge's chest as the driver gets pulled towards him.
    As the Concierge soars towards the acting captain, they only click their fingers. In response, a yawning black void opens under the truck, and the vehicle falls into it under the attacks of Taro and most of his men, though several manage to burst tires before they slip under.

Another click and a second black portal opens near-silently over the Concierge and the acting captain. Not a second later, the truck falls through, the cab right over the driver.
    Last edited by Edge; 2011-07-18 at 05:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Moments later, a figure leaps from nearby, throwing a handfull of bullets into the crowd. Each one bursts into a cloud of smoke, blocking all vision nearby and filling the air with the thick substance.

The same figure runs toward the truck. "Time to go."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

The Concierge log-rolls out from under the truck, and immediately begins clambering up to the driver's seat.

"Agreed entirely."

A key appears the vehicle's ignition, and a moment later, it's engine rumbles into life.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Armin pulls himself into the truck, pistol drawn. He takes a single shot at Seiko, one that explodes into a yellow energy net, then yells up to the front. "Clear!"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

As the Concierge soars towards the acting captain, they only click their fingers. In response, a yawning black void opens under the truck, and the vehicle falls into it under Goto's attack.

Another click and a second black portal opens near-silently over the Concierge and the acting captain. Not a second later, the truck falls through, the cab right over the driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Armin pulls himself into the truck, pistol drawn. He takes a single shot at Seiko, one that explodes into a yellow energy net, then yells up to the front. "Clear!"
    Seiko's smirk fades as the driver comes closer; this was far too easy, he had barely resisted at all. It became clear why when the truck appeared over their head, necessitating a very hasty maneuver on Seiko's part. As the truck bed slammed into the ground, Seiko vanished and appeared again beside the truck just as the clouds of smoke burst around him. He cursed quietly to himself as the clouds began to settle and he noticed another presence, though he couldn't quite tell where through the smoke (why didn't he train his reiatsu sense more?!). As the next bullet flew towards Seiko, a shout could be heard through the smoke.

"Tsuranuke, Maikenoumaru!" A burst of reiatsu later, and the halves of the net fell harmless to his sides as he stood in the dissipating smoke, his blade now a long staff with blades on both ends. He glared at the cab and its occupants. The only question now was whether or not he would get there before the driver could make another portal. "You're not getting away." Seiko threatened under his breath. In an instant he started running towards the cab, his blades readied to slam straight through the cab's windshield through to the driver.
    Star Wars iTP characters

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Konpaku Aya swiftly swings her blade at the bullet whilst keeping one hand on her comrade's wound, applying pressure and healing reiryoku at the same time.

As the blade hits the bullet, the energy projectile explodes into a large cloud of smoke. Which is thankful, because if it is an explosive, neither Aya nor Goro would be able to avoid it.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

As the chaos of combat engulfs the two of them once more, Goro sweeps Aya's hand off him for a moment, to allow himself a greater range of motion. In the same movement, he rises to a sitting position, and points his index finger at the side of the truck's cabin. The barely-healed-over gash in his chest bursts open again in a few places.

"Hado 11: Sho Bullet!"

With that, an invisible blast of force hurtles toward Armin's outstretched arm, along the axis of it and its shoulder.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-07-17 at 10:26 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show