New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Ah, new thread smell. So nice.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh yes, I know about that artist, but I forgot about him. Good stuff. But I can't figure out how to access the artists I "watch" on DA, without making them friends.

I don't know what game this is referencing, but pretty cool because it's accurate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sweetie Bell does not know how to play Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    These two are really good. I love the CMC classes, and for the Magic:The Gathering picture, I think the joke's on Rarity. She may be laughing now, but when she realizes Sweetie is playing straight red burn against her mono-black control deck, it's not going to go well.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    So, uh, isn't it time for next topic suggestions? Are we finally going with "Stashing ponythreads around in case of pony emergency"?
    It seems we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I would eat a human if it came down to survival and they were already dead. So I guess yes?
    Really? Ugh. Why do you place your physical survival above the spiritual cleanliness and honor of your brother?

I ha this conversation with Braz last night. If I was stuck in a blizzard and dying, I woul sooner leap out I shelter an begin to roll furiously downhill than be et. I'd launch myself into the ocean on a deserted island. And I'd definitely starve before eating someone else.

And yet if I die in my house, and my cats are starving, they have my blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Hilarity ensues.
    Yes. Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    /)(\
    Best response yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Stashing Ponythreads Make it so!

Ponythread title needs our help,
    Its presence will not last forever
    I think we can do it
    But we need to vote together

We have to get this right
    Yes we have to make all see
    We can choose a thread title with our history

It says that we like RPing

We post pictures of many dawwws

Harvest love from pancreases

We had shipping posts full of sauce

Oh, we have to get this right
    We can choose a thread title with our history

There are pony videos
    That everypony liked to play
    And the pony posts just zooms by
    Can you read them in a day?

Oh, we have to get this right
    We can choose a thread title... with our history
    And all my irk over missing the the thread change is gone. That was magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I could care less
    about that joke
    I cannot make
    a single yoke
    Laughter? Well I'll be lying when I say
    That that single line
    Would make me pick it for a dime
    The truth is I don't care for it at all!
    No, I do not love that title.
    For in my heart, there is no room.
    Because I still want you all to pick mine!
    RRRARGH!
    No! No no NO!
    Scansion! If you change a word you MUST change the remaining structure of the stanza to match! F! F for Flarglehaofhdydjsorufh!

Thread by Thread, Stiching an Adventure.
    This however gets my vote for the next next thread, after SPAWN MORE PONYLORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Thanks.

The commas in Zecora's speech are sort of an alternative to putting each rhyme on a separate line, like you usually do with poetry. I don't know, maybe it's confusing.
    The official punctuation for stanza breaks or whatnot in te English language is an arbitrary slash. No space. Often Italics but not always. For example;

Dragon riders must fly/ when thread is in the sky

Though my mental phonation of a slash is such that it actively hinders the flow f the rhyme. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    So I came across a fanfiction genre about... "Fluffies" and I am now rather disturbed. This fandom can be quite creepy when it feels like it.
    What? Why? Fluffies are awesome! They make shuffle daning totes sexier.

Not necessarily. Remember, it was a magic contest for entry into magic school. When Twilight's power was released, Celestia obviously saw something special in her, and we're confirmed of that pretty much every episode with what magic she can do. I'd say her parents might be wealthy, at least well off enough to get her into the school (if it's a "private" school, which, with an entry exam like that, it probably is), but they don't have to be upper class people because Twilight was personally trained. It was always all about twilight's inner power.
    I read that, personally, as Twilight competing for a scholarship by demonstrating her aptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Ah, but Princess Cadance was Twilight's foalsitter before she had her cutie mark, and thus before she came to Celestia's attention.
    I have to imagine that you don't get a Princess to foalsit your daughter unless your family is fairly high up the social food chain (no matter how much of a crush said Princess may or may not have on your son).
    Cadence (Kay - dense, not Can - diss, just because I've seen it and it bugs me) is quite possibly ruler of a fallen kingdom. She would be at that point a nopony, at least until her fortune is reestablished.

-

Spoiler
    Show
    "The necessary calculations have been made. The only way up is from the back of the Ponyville Express... At around 3 o'clock tomorrow. I have scraped together the funds and investing. There are notes in the shed. Will you be able to follow them?

Vivid green eyes roll brightly at the question. "Seriously? Look, you just focus on getting your dainty hooves up there, I'll handle the rest. And we both know if it can be built, I'm your colt."

She frowns at the seeming overconfidence, but can't really argue. "I guess you are right... Let's head out. Big day tomorrow..."

Both grin, leaning into some unseen center frame. "Know what I'm thinkin'?"

PPOONNYYAA CCOOLLAADDAASS!!

They both chuckle as they walk off towards the nearest "underground" dance fest Canterlot has to offer.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-09-08 at 02:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Bring over some quotes from last thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    That is a good question, waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps, and if you mix in some chocolate chips, it is like the most delicious breakfast food ever! Then again, I work nights, so my breakfast is at dinner time and I usually end up having dinner for breakfast, so I don't have waffles often enough to get sick of them.

That said, I wonder, what is everyone's favorite breakfast food here? That, and what do you consider breakfast food?

For example:

I have never heard of muffins as a breakfast food. I always thought they were a snack for "when you have several minutes and are too lazy to cook something", basically like a donut, just less likely to have filling.
    I eat cereal for breakfast. If I'm feeling adventurous, I might have porridge with some syrup or jam. That's about it. I don't really want anything else that early in the morning.

If I wake up late my breakfast may just consist of oaty biscuits dunked in a cup of tea.

So I came across a fanfiction genre about... "Fluffies" and I am now rather disturbed. This fandom can be quite creepy when it feels like it.
    Ugh, yeah I 've seen those. I mentally file it away as not-pony and ignore it.

AJ: "What if it rains? Galoshes!"

Because the pegasi would totally schedule rain during the Grand Galloping gala? Why would ponies prepare for weather when they know it better than we do?
    Crud, I have a comic for this but I can't post because Derpibooru is down.

Any lasagna, I should think, but certainly classic Italian lasagna. Never eat lasagna fresh from the oven, always let it sit in the fridge until next day, then don't warm it much above room temperature. That's perfect.

Pizza is good the next day too, shouldn't be reheated, though.
    See above reaction.

I don't know what game this is referencing, but pretty cool because it's accurate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it's any game in particular, though the artist has done a whole series of these and they're all excellent.

In other new's, I just found a humanised Candace mugshot that strongly resembles a disney antagonist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Speaking of Photo Finish, while I don't think it's a point of the episode, she's not the bad guy here. She disregards Fluttershy's "pizazze" poses, and accepts her for what she is, the dainty, scared little girl she is.
    She also disregards Fluttershy's feelings and obvious discomfort in favour of pushing her in front of more cameras. At best you could say that she's oblivious to Fluttershy's plight.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

What?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

I really liked this video, it fits her character very well. Also, whoever did the voice acting was spot-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Really? Ugh. Why do you place your physical survival above the spiritual cleanliness and honor of your brother?

I ha this conversation with Braz last night. If I was stuck in a blizzard and dying, I woul sooner leap out I shelter an begin to roll furiously downhill than be et. I'd launch myself into the ocean on a deserted island. And I'd definitely starve before eating someone else.

And yet if I die in my house, and my cats are starving, they have my blessing.
    Simple. Once someone is dead I consider their body to be nothing but a sack of meat. It holds no reverence or horror for me. There are absolutely no exceptions to this. It's why I don't really care what happens to my body after my death.

Or to put it another way once you've died your body isn't you anymore then a tombstone is you.

Now for important matters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Simple. Once someone is dead I consider their body to be nothing but a sack of meat. It holds no reverence or horror for me. There are absolutely no exceptions to this. It's why I don't really care what happens to my body after my death.

Or to put it another way once you've died your body isn't you anymore then a tombstone is you.

Now for important matters
    Spoiler
    Show

Agreedo. Honestly I don't see why it would be disrespectful to eat a dead person to stay alive; if I died of cold and hunger I would hope my starving companions would at least give my death meaning by staying alive. Their memories of me are more me then the body is, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

The official punctuation for stanza breaks or whatnot in te English language is an arbitrary slash. No space. Often Italics but not always. For example;

Dragon riders must fly/ when thread is in the sky

Though my mental phonation of a slash is such that it actively hinders the flow f the rhyme. *shrug*
    I can see how. I imagine most people would pronounce the slash as either "slash" or "or" or something.

Well, the one I read had
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Fluffy pony being raped and killed by Twilight.

I think it was the original story that launched the whole meme of Fluffy pony abuse. It was pretty silly, but also very, very wrong. I just shook my head and moved on, but apparently it catched on, because now Derpibooru has several dedicated tags that are all filtered out by default. And they are apparently very popular tags.

I don't mind sexy ponies, and I don't mind ... rough sexy ponies (or is that roughly sexy ponies?), but I'm not a fan of outright abuse.

Agreedo. Honestly I don't see why it would be disrespectful to eat a dead person to stay alive; if I died of cold and hunger I would hope my starving companions would at least give my death meaning by staying alive. Their memories of me are more me then the body is, that's for sure.
    This. I find it very unpleasant to contemplate eating another human, it's sort of built in and a good thing, because we don't want people killing each other when they get a little hungry, but I would have to concede that there's nothing actually wrong in any way about eating a dead person in a life or death situation.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-09-08 at 04:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

What?
    You begin to realize the failings of slang when you note that only one letter I missing.

Shuffle dancing. Totes.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You begin to realize the failings of slang when you note that only one letter I missing.

Shuffle dancing. Totes.
    Am I the only one who started using totes due to Scott Pilgrim? Probably...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

I can see how. I imagine most people would pronounce the slash as either "slash" or "or" or something.
    In spoken language it's unpronounced. In written its like splicing sound clips together. The next sentence starts at full breath before the last one draws that Breath in.

Well, the one I read had
    Spoiler
    Show

I think it was the original story that launched the whole meme of Fluffy pony abuse. It was pretty silly, but also very, very wrong. I just shook my head and moved on, but apparently it catched on, because now Derpibooru has several dedicated tags that are all filtered out by default. And they are apparently very popular tags.

I don't mind sexy ponies, and I don't mind ... rough sexy ponies (or is that roughly sexy ponies?), but I'm not a fan of outright abuse.
    That's terrible!

I was talking about Fluffies.
    Spoiler
    Show

This. I find it very unpleasant to contemplate eating another human, it's sort of built in and a good thing, because we don't want people killing each other when they get a little hungry, but I would have to concede that there's nothing actually wrong in any way about eating a dead person in a life or death situation.
    1) ignoring the wishes of the deceased just because you're hungry? Why makes you so special? that's like stealing from mom's purse because you know he doesn't want you to, but she's at work and you want that new video game now.
    2) permanent, irreversible nerve and brain damage you can only et from eating your own species, or eating a cow that has eaten other cows who have eaten other cows.

Any elaboration on 1 will edge into religion though, so I have to rely on Prion Disease scare tactics.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

New thread needs more human ponies. Find me some good ones
    some more?

Well, the one I read had
    Spoiler
    Show

Now I'm curious, even if I know I will regret learning more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post

As someone who stumbled improperly acrossed it... My advice is don't. I didn't find anything valuable in it, IMO it reads like someone imbuing a fictional character with their own power trip.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

That's terrible!

I was talking about Fluffies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, very different, yes

1) ignoring the wishes of the deceased just because you're hungry? Why makes you so special? that's like stealing from mom's purse because you know he doesn't want you to, but she's at work and you want that new video game now.
    2) permanent, irreversible nerve and brain damage you can only et from eating your own species, or eating a cow that has eaten other cows who have eaten other cows.

Any elaboration on 1 will edge into religion though, so I have to rely on Prion Disease scare tactics.
    1) I shall not get into the no-no topics
    2) I think, if I was in a situation where my death is pretty much assured if I do nothing, I wouldn't worry about maybe, just possibly dying later. Because, you know, we all die sooner or later.

I couldn't find the story again. Go look up mixermike622 on dA, and look at his Valentine's Day animation if you're really curious. I could have sworn it had the link to the story in the description, but maybe dA's rules made him remove that. I don't know.

Anyway, the story is silly, awful and not any good. It even got the gender of Fluffy pony wrong, IIRC.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ponythread: Home of the weirdest conversations on the forum.

One thing I keep wondering is why we see ponies, cows, zebra, and bison but we haven't been introduced to a horse?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

2) I think, if I was in a situation where my death is pretty much assured if I do nothing, I wouldn't worry about maybe, just possibly dying later. Because, you know, we all die sooner or later.

Hm.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponythread: Home of the weirdest conversations on the forum.

One thing I keep wondering is why we see ponies, cows, zebra, and bison but we haven't been introduced to a horse?
    Because ponies are technically the equines of the show?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

New thread! Woo!

And that's about all for now, in the last stretch here in Japan. Soon I'll be home, rested, and actually able to participate again. o.O
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Human pony girls playing D&D using MLP dolls of their pony characters is amazing. It's too much meta to handle, but it's amazing.
    No such thing as "too much meta".

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oh look, I have time for pony today. Time for pony.

Still the best damn pony jpeg out there, IMHO.

Any lasagna, I should think, but certainly classic Italian lasagna. Never eat lasagna fresh from the oven, always let it sit in the fridge until next day, then don't warm it much above room temperature. That's perfect.
    This is so, so wrong. I mean, really wrong. Why in the sweet name of Celestia would you not make enough lasagna to stuff yourself in the evening, leave it overnight and then stuff yourself twice more the next day!?

1) Well, that depends on the particular situation. Life-or-death? I'm chowing down, no moral regrets (my ability to actually stomach the stuff due to cultural and biological conditioning is another matter entirely!). Otherwise? Definitely not worth it. It's rude-to-immoral depending on the exact situation, and then there's...
    2) Yeah, this is why cannibalism is very much an emergency thing. All sorts of nasty things to be had from eating human flesh, and mad cow human disease is hardly the worst that can happen.

Spoiler
    Show

Wow. I really dig this Fluttershy pic. Probably because it's not trying way, way too hard to be annoyingly moe.
    Truth resists simplicity.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Because ponies are technically the equines of the show?
    And yet the Flim Flam song implies that horses are a separate thing, probably more sapient than the ones Twilight made for the Gala apple carriage.
    I don't actually know if that was a Gala apple, but I couldn't resist the pun.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And yet the Flim Flam song implies that horses are a separate thing, probably more sapient than the ones Twilight made for the Gala apple carriage.
    I don't actually know if that was a Gala apple, but I couldn't resist the pun.
    My headcanon is still that Celestia and Luna are technically horses and not ponies.

You know, it only just now occurred to me that perhaps this is the difference between them and Cadance. Cadance is a pony alicorn, while Celestia and Luna are horse alicorns?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

From other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
    Wiki:
    The wind horse is an allegory for the human soul in the shamanistic tradition of Central Asia. In Tibetan Buddhism, it was included as the pivotal element in the center of the four animals symbolizing the cardinal directions and a symbol of the idea of well-being or good fortune. It has also given the name to a type of prayer flag that has the five animals printed on it.

The national emblem of Mongolia:

Logical conclusion:
    Sorry guys, no versus. As soon as the army sees talking flying ponies, they'll all get off their steeds and start praying.

Edit: In fact I'm ready to start thinking that the OP's situation actually happened.
    Edit 2: Be proud, guys. The Golden Horde were also bronies.

Quick, Thanqol/SiuiS/Deadly/anypony with art skills, we need a picture of Genghis Khan riding Rainbow Dash while doing a sonic rainboom, STAT!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Quick, Thanqol/SiuiS/Deadly/anypony with art skills, we need a picture of Genghis Khan riding Rainbow Dash while doing a sonic rainboom, STAT!
    Well, I suppose I can lose one day off my Monster Manual challenge. We'll see. We'll see.

Does Timur count?

There were some things that happened over the last dozen pages of this thread. You will have to hallucinate my replies to them.

Deadly, I'll see about getting a review check of your story sometime soon, no promises because I'm derpin' pretty hard right now.

Speaking of derping, today I learned about cat chess.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-09-08 at 07:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not too good at humans, I'm afraid. I could probably take a stab at some sort of rough sketch, but others would probably do better

Deadly, I'll see about getting a review check of your story sometime soon, no promises because I'm derpin' pretty hard right now.
    That'd be great. I expect to give it a final reading in a few hours, once I've finished my daily math challenge to myself, but I'd still love to hear what you think of the story in any case.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Colossus in the Playground

New RBD Presents!

With aaaaaaalll the shipping you could ever hope for.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Cadence (Kay - dense, not Can - diss, just because I've seen it and it bugs me) is quite possibly ruler of a fallen kingdom. She would be at that point a nopony, at least until her fortune is reestablished.
    Princess Cadence may have been down on her luck at the time, but she was still Princess Celestia's niece. There's a limit to how far she could fall down the Canterlot pecking order.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Spamalot in the Playground

In other new's, I just found a humanised Candace mugshot that strongly resembles a disney antagonist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oozes of Chrysalis impostering, I like it! :D
    Oh speaking of, This Day Aria is on, BRB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Though I don't dislike them as with waffles.
    Rather than argue with anyone about why they should like waffles, Im jus' gonna reach over and take more fer me :q
    *NOM NOM*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

New RBD Presents!

With aaaaaaalll the shipping you could ever hope for.
    Oh joy, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the century.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

From other thread:

I feel like it's Draw Like A Third Grader Day and I'm participating, but I can't really make myself pay more attention to this at the moment. Rather quickly made, and very quickly colored sketch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I should point out that I cannot be considered even remotely "good" at drawing humans, and have only a cursory familiarity with how Genghis Khan actually looks.

Link for larger size
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!