New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,475 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Not quite. To quote Return of the Scarlet Empress,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As it was the judgment of the Most High that determined who is a creature of darkness, the Sun’s death removes this designation from existence and makes Holy Charms largely useless. The Ebon Dragon laughs as his imperfection closes. Nothing can kill him now."
    Maybe Gryff is referring to the fact that any Solar can get "Should The Sun Not Rise" and reinstate Holy as a thing? So, as long as there are Solars, the Ebon Dragon should be scared?

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Spoiler
    Show
    "As it was the judgment of the Most High that determined who is a creature of darkness, the Sun’s death removes this designation from existence and makes Holy Charms largely useless. The Ebon Dragon laughs as his imperfection closes. Nothing can kill him now."
    That was apparently an oversight, as the book was written before the Dreams of the First Age errata. Charms that allow Solars to sustain Holy Charms on their own, such as Zeal (I will never call it that other name, and you can't get me to), should allow those to function against the Ebon Dragon normally.

Should, because by a strict reading of the book, don't.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a known issue, and, IIRC, slated for errata. The fact is that while the Aidenweiss was published before RotSE, it was actually written afterwards, and should be considered to overrule Return.

Edit: And Dreams errata, too, I guess.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-01-18 at 08:04 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, until that loophole is formally closed, we have evidence that Primordials can in fact become immune to their weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Banned