New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,475 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Either way, we have a job to do. We made a promise that we cannot break.

The orb of inhibition was the only artifact that was not destroyed from the transformation. The spire was still there, but only its "veins" remained within the earth.

She sat down and began to cast her senses around. She was far more in tune with the physical world than the other gods. Perhaps she could find something...
    "You are right. We have a job to do. But we have to do it right. You don't feel anything besides us, right? I feel the same. I think we are inside Ikassi. Ikassi couldn't become the Voice of the Planet just yet, because she had unresolved issues. Thus the transformation was incomplete...and we may be stuck in this Limbo forever."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Good and Evil may need to coexist perhaps." Saradinus said. "But nothing is ever truly destroyed. It merely changes form. How may I grind the forces of evil into that which I may make into something tolerable?" He grins. "You need not grieve... If we could but take away the power of Evil, it may still live with us, even if as only inferiors."

"I understand your concerns, Holy Saradinus. Know that you can destroy the Agents of Evil, for a time. By acting against the Ryceans, you will prevent future bloodshed. Then, the World will be harmonious again. Unfortunately, you can't simply "take away" the power of Evil. If Evil continues to live inside each individual, another Avatar of Darkness will be spawned. This is the way things are."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 09:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    "You are right. We have a job to do. But we have to do it right. You don't feel anything besides us, right? I feel the same. I think we are inside Ikassi. Ikassi couldn't become the Voice of the Planet just yet, because she had unresolved issues. Thus the transformation was incomplete...and we may be stuck in this Limbo forever."
    Ikassi sat in thought for a while...

I see. The problem seems to be that there is still this...

She held up her hand

This bind to what I...We are. This is most troubling. The dagger was just for that purpose, to sever my divine essence from myself. It must not have done so completely.

She gave a tug on her arm and it came off. She thrust the severed limb to her doppelganger.

Eat it, and while you're at it, eat the rest of me. This physical form is doing nothing to help.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

A portal appeared above Shilliax, and through it Gargax appeared, though he was careful to keep himself from mortal sight. He looked at the city and the temples to his son and took in stride. He was still their true god, and they would follow him like they did before, and besides Ocogoiks had always been one of his favored... but he banished such thoughts, they were unimportant now, Ocogoiks would cede his regency with Gargax's return, and they now had the blessings of the Changed prince as well.

Gargax appeared in his throne-room, where only non-mortals were allowed. He sat on his Throne, a large ornate affair. He had to admit to spending little time here, as he was always busy, but right now he could truly appreciate it. The Throne-room was truly vast, arches of bones, and stone, with images of death and necromancy everywhere. He would need to add some things, but for now it was fitting. At his hip, instead of the dagger he usually had was a long curved scimitar, intricately crafted and finely edged like no other.

Behind him stood four Arbiters, powerful beings that now served him utterly. Gargax grinned, his return was indeed glorious. He sat up, his Arbiters stood to attention, staring sternly forward, and Gargax spoke into the minds of all the gods I Have Returned. I am More than I once was, the efforts of Alrinach were in vain. Once more I rise from the graves of betrayel to take my place as lord and god of these lands. Make no mistake, I AM returned, I AM A god, and I will brook no more betrayals.

He sat back and waited, sipping from his Chalice as his medallion burned brightly on his chest. He thought to himself. Whatever happened to my old god, Barin, I never found out if he was really dead. Ah well, I can always go back and find out later... or perhaps... someone else knows... and he looked inward, toward the one he knew would be waiting.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((Do we move right now to the new thread? http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93301))