New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    OH! My girlfriend would've recognized that book. It's from her childhood too. o.o; Must be a regional thing, because I'd never heard of it before. ^^;
    But Maryland and Ohio are different. Almost everyone hates Ohio, and almost no one cares about Maryland.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2010-09-28 at 09:11 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    What I meant was if there were two girls of equal prettiness and one had a cockney accent and one had a texan accent I would be attracted more to the cockney accented one.
    Phrasing still not the best. I have a slight urge to rewrite your post before responding to it.

If I had to pick an attractive accent, neither cockney nor texan would be ones I'd remotely consider.
    TBH, I think my preferred accent would be a fairly generic British accent, like my own.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Phrasing still not the best. I have a slight urge to rewrite your post before responding to it.

If I had to pick an attractive accent, neither cockney nor texan would be ones I'd remotely consider.
    TBH, I think my preferred accent would be a fairly generic British accent, like my own.
    yeah, i'm not so great at "talking" i'm more of the silent person.

also, the little voice in my head is reading all your posts with a british accent now
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    But Maryland and Ohio are different. Almost everyone hates Ohio, and almost no one cares about Maryland.

We do? I've been missing out on the hating. DIE BUCKEYES!!! (jk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #95

So, apparently I've been slipping back into a generic british accent again recently. That means my speech impediment is becoming more prominent again. That is not a good thing.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

<.<; Hey, I don't hate Ohio. And I certainly have nothing against Maryland.

In fact, I'm pretty sure my favorite LPer is from Ohio...or was it Tennessee? D: Ack, I can't remember anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    We do? I've been missing out on the hating. DIE BUCKEYES!!! (jk)
    Apparently. I've always loved living in Ohio, but apparently a lot of people think that Ohio isn't a good place to live. Really, it probably just depends where in Ohio you live, like everywhere else. Coshocton (only one in the world :P) is pretty nice.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently. I've always loved living in Ohio, but apparently a lot of people think that Ohio isn't a good place to live. Really, it probably just depends where in Ohio you live, like everywhere else. Coshocton (only one in the world :P) is pretty nice.
    Your right there's lots of great places to live in Ohio. Like... well, you know that... place... in Ohio.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

I stick to my own accent as well. Although Irish is a close second.

I have an alarmingly prevalent attraction to Irish women. Maybe it's the redhead thing, I dunno.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

People hate Ohio? I thought it was supposed to be considered thoroughly humdrum and unremarkable when it was thought about.

Y'know, like most of the Midwest.

Except for maybe U of Ohio's Fooseball team or sommat, I think that's supposed to be a good team for those who care about college fooseball.

Mostly I just don't like what they did to chili.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-29 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

GAH!!
    I just had a call from a guy at work (he's working from home today) complaining about the fact that our team's mail server size has been exceeded again, only a day after they archived a whole load of e-mails.

Turns out that he's the main cause of the mail server exceeding the 250MB limit we have because he's been engaging as a go-between between two guys that seemingly can't speak to each other directly, and they're sending mails with over 9MB worth of attachments that no longer are important to the mail conversation because they both have the attachments.
    These attachments take up over 9MB per e-mail, and when I went through the sent folder and this guy's personal folder on the mail server I found seven (yes, 7!) e-mails from this conversation all sitting there, happily containing the attachments all having been sent either on Monday or yesterday.

No bloody wonder the mail server size is exceeded.

GAAH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Any Playgrounder in the States a fan of College Football (American)?

I'm getting pumped for OU/Texas this weekend, maybe the biggest rivalry in the sport (Of course I am majorly biased...)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Any Playgrounder in the States a fan of College Football (American)?

I'm getting pumped for OU/Texas this weekend, maybe the biggest rivalry in the sport (Of course I am majorly biased...)
    I think you're looking for this thread. It was buried on page 3 of the board, but it's still there.

Personally, although I officiate football according to the NCAA rules (slightly amended for the UK market) I can't seem to get into college football in the US.
    Too many teams to keep track of, and too many 'power house' schools playing what can only be described as sacrificial lambs to pad their standings.

I'm also not a fan of the BCS ranking system, where racking up points against a hapless opponent is generally seen as a good thing.

Edit: That being said, I'll probably try to remember to watch the Sooners/Longhorns game this weekend.
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2010-09-29 at 07:43 AM.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    I think you're looking for this thread. It was buried on page 3 of the board, but it's still there.

Personally, although I officiate football according to the NCAA rules (slightly amended for the UK market) I can't seem to get into college football in the US.
    Too many teams to keep track of, and too many 'power house' schools playing what can only be described as sacrificial lambs to pad their standings.

I'm also not a fan of the BCS ranking system, where racking up points against a hapless opponent is generally seen as a good thing.

Edit: That being said, I'll probably try to remember to watch the Sooners/Longhorns game this weekend.
    Funny enough, I had searched for that very thread, but I must have missed it.

But yeah, I'm a Sooner born and a Sooner bred, and when I die I'll be a Sooner dead.

15. - Top - End - #105

Yeah, I'm not so great at "talking" I'm more of a silent person.
    Well, so am I, doesn't compromise my phrasing when I do open my mouth. Or type, as the case may be.

Also, the little voice in my head is reading all your posts with a British accent now.
    Good.
    So long as it's an actual generic British accent, rather than one of the more distinctive region-specific ones.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

I'm bald now!

I feel sad, as I went to the barber's to trim my beard and thought I'd make my hair a bit more manageable while there, but he went and made me bald. Never gonna go to the hairdresser's in the campus ever again.

Also, for future barbers everywhere: 2-3 centimeters is not the same thing as 2-3 millimeters. Get it right.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch, surprise crewcuts aren't good. Mourn the hair until it grows back.

Last time I went to have my hair tidied up it made the woman doing it cry. Apparently lopping about 12 inches of flowing dark locks from my head was somehow upsetting for her. She should have thought about how I felt, as a man of a certain age I had no guarantees that I was ever going to be able to grow that hair back!
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2010-09-29 at 10:27 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

18. - Top - End - #108
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I'm bald now!

I feel sad, as I went to the barber's to trim my beard and thought I'd make my hair a bit more manageable while there, but he went and made me bald. Never gonna go to the hairdresser's in the campus ever again.

Also, for future barbers everywhere: 2-3 centimeters is not the same thing as 2-3 millimeters. Get it right.

I panic every time I go get a haircut. I'm always afraid of one tiny slip and bye-bye hair.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

On the plus side, I can now join the Marine Corps.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

I just cut my own hair.

I usually leave it for about 3 months and then choose a suitable extension for my clippers, and then go to town.
    Couple of weeks ago I used the 5mm extension.
    Not a lot of hair left after that. I'd say that probably the next time I'll cut my hair is somewhere around Christmas or New Year.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

21. - Top - End - #111

I have long hair. Cutting it myself is not an option.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I have long, rebellious hair. Well, depending on the climate. Fortunately, it has a mind of its own, which isn't unintelligent, so its uprisings are fine with me.

Also, I just rocked socks at archery, and will have fencing later. Wednesdays are the days I step away from modern day a bit.

ION: Trying out last.fm for the first time today. Must say, I'm impressed so far.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-09-29 at 11:16 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I have long, rebellious hair. Well, depending on the climate. Fortunately, it has a mind of its own, which isn't unintelligent, so its uprisings are fine with me.

Also, I just rocked socks at archery, and will have fencing later. Wednesdays are the days I step away from modern day a bit.
    So you posted this from your typewriter?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    So you posted this from your typewriter?
    Exactly STOP I went to the post office to have them telegraph my messages to the server STOP
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-09-29 at 11:17 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Bleh...>.<; Feeling headache-ey today. Hope it goes away soon...

At least the text I'm reading turns out to be incredibly simple, so I can skip past roughly half the paragraphs per chapter and still know what they're talking about.

Though I still have to stop every five minutes or so to keep my brain from melting away. D= Blargh.

ION: Birthday Times were super fantastic. I got three new games and tickets to this weekend's Beatles Tribute Band performance, plus cake.

Only gotten around to one of the games though, and considering the mass of text I have ahead of me, probably won't get very far until next week or later. D;

I can say this though. Miles Edgeworth is very quickly becoming even more awesome in my eyes. :3
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    . -..- .- -.-. - .-.. -.-- / ... - --- .--. / .. / .-- . -. - / - --- / - .... . / .--. --- ... - / --- ..-. ..-. .. -.-. . / - --- / .... .- ...- . / - .... . -- / - . .-.. . --. .-. .- .--. .... / -- -.-- / -- . ... ... .- --. . ... / - --- / - .... . / ... . .-. ...- . .-. / ... - --- .--.
    Oh, hey! Look what I found!

Too bad you can't translate back from Morse.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I have long hair. Cutting it myself is not an option.
    I have long hair and currently, I get a hair cut every ...5 years? 6 years?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, hey! Look what I found!

Too bad you can't translate back from Morse.
    Yes you can. I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Output
    EXACTLY STOP I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE TO HAVE THEM TELEGRAPH MY MESSAGES TO THE SERVER STOP
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-29 at 12:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Yes you can. I just did.
    Oh. Looks like I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I have long hair and currently, I get a hair cut every ...5 years? 6 years?

Awesome! I wish I could! Except with me, it's always parents and relatives going "OK, Ruki, your hair is too long and damaged now, you need to cut it." I hate getting a haircut. If it were up to me, my hair would reach my knees. Or at least the middle of my back.

30. - Top - End - #120

*descends from the clouds*

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    OI! FRED! We need to double-check meet-up dates. Start posting here again.
    Crazy Fresher.
    I have been summoned back! By the power of this ethernet cable, I HAVE THE POWEEEEERRRRR!!!

Oh, and PMing you.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    But there's one lecture series I'm definitely going to attend.
    I. R. R. Tolkien.

You may now be envious.
    No, I may not, considering that in my 2nd year I'll have the chance to do pretty much the exact same thing if I choose a certain option, since one of the lecturers is a Tolkien expert.

Maybe I should go back to uni and do an English degree or something. Alternatively, maybe that would be impractical.
    English degrees are never impractical!
    In fact, my timetable seems quite suited for me. Lots of time for reading and such.

So long as it's an actual generic British accent, rather than one of the more distinctive region-specific ones.
    Funnily enough, I read everything in RP. Perhaps it's something to do with it being my accent?
    I often have occasions, whilst reading something written by someone speaking a different form of English (America, Australia, Canada, etc), in which a particular turn of phrase suddenly jolts me out of it and reminds me that the writer isn't an Englishman. I probably give other forumites those moments, come to think of it.