New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Will the Real Holy Warrior Please Stand Up? [Class fix+1 PrC, 3.5, PEACH]

+9, actually. XP
    I've seen it used in homebrew. It ALWAYS gets shot down...

Also, Gorgondantess, the 'ess' on the end of your name always makes me think you're a girl. And you're not... right?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Will the Real Holy Warrior Please Stand Up? [Class fix+1 PrC, 3.5, PEACH]

Might you consider making Lay on Hands (or even better the Dragon Shaman's Touch of Vitality) as a Special Ability for the Paladin? The better spell progression helps but the 1-4 Paladin spell list sucks for healing (CMW is 3rd level instead of 2nd for example).
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    +9, actually. XP
    I've seen it used in homebrew. It ALWAYS gets shot down...
    Well, not here! Here we push bottons! Here we change the guidelines, break the rules! HERE WE USE AVERAGE SAVES AND ODD SKILL POINTS PER LEVEL! WHO'S WITH ME?[/revolutionary]
    Anyways, eh, screw it. It fits for the class, I'm doing it, come hell or high water.
    ...So it's +9. What's the exact formula on that?

Also, Gorgondantess, the 'ess' on the end of your name always makes me think you're a girl. And you're not... right?
    That depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Might you consider making Lay on Hands (or even better the Dragon Shaman's Touch of Vitality) as a Special Ability for the Paladin? The better spell progression helps but the 1-4 Paladin spell list sucks for healing (CMW is 3rd level instead of 2nd for example).
    Hmmm. Good point. I don't like lay-on-hands as is, so I'll look into making something similar.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-09-01 at 08:51 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Well, not here! Here we push bottons! Here we change the guidelines, break the rules! HERE WE USE AVERAGE SAVES AND ODD SKILL POINTS PER LEVEL! WHO'S WITH ME?[/revolutionary]
    Anyways, eh, screw it. It fits for the class, I'm doing it, come hell or high water.
    You're talking to the girl who made Better than Best BAB.
    ...also, can I (Extended) sig that?
    That depends.
    The more I talk to you, the more I like you.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

You're talking to the girl who made Better than Best BAB.
    Yeah, I personally didn't like that, as you already know: it has potential for abuse. But something like 4/5 BAB is cool.
    ...also, can I (Extended) sig that?
    Of course!

The more I talk to you, the more I like you.
    D'awwww.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-09-01 at 09:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

+1 + 0.4 per level.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    +1 + 0.4 per level.
    Huh. Well, that evens out to +8, but alright.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

So it WASN'T a dream! I knew I had seen average saves somewhere, but I couldn't recall, and since it wasn't in the SRD or anything, I just assumed it was my own slow, creeping Insanity.

****ing low will saves.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh. See what I did there? I added actual flavorful class abilities. And special abilities!
    Working on the Altruist now; I should have it up within a few days. And then, the Anarch!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. Good point. I don't like lay-on-hands as is, so I'll look into making something similar.
    Cheers very much.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I personally didn't like that, as you already know: it has potential for abuse. But something like 4/5 BAB is cool.
    What exactly is abusable about it, if I may ask? Is it just that it qualifies for prestige classes and feats early? I'd reckon the feat qualification was okay, to be honest...

I love Skill-Not Luck. That's so flavorful.

At 14th level, the Vis Veris Vesica can also choose any psionic power for his Arcane Channeling ability. It may be augmented with a number of power points
    Should there be more words on the end of that? XD

I am Invincible is amusing, mostly for the fact that a low save can get a higher result than a high one. XP
    Can you use Channeled Metamagic for Metapsionics? Or Meta-other things?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

What exactly is abusable about it, if I may ask? Is it just that it qualifies for prestige classes and feats early? I'd reckon the feat qualification was okay, to be honest...
    Prestige classes, mainly. It's not broken at all- in fact, melee needs some nice things, I'm all for that- but it will throw people off for a much better reason than something like 4/5 BAB.

I love Skill-Not Luck. That's so flavorful.
    Thanks. It was meant more as flavor than as power, really.

Should there be more words on the end of that? XD
    Yes. Yes there should. I'm disappointed that noone's noticed that until now. >.>

I am Invincible is amusing, mostly for the fact that a low save can get a higher result than a high one. XP
    The idea is that the VVV is so obsessed with winning that, when luck turns against them, they'll add that extra measure of will, and it only drives them on that much harder.
    Can you use Channeled Metamagic for Metapsionics? Or Meta-other things?
    Yeppers! I'll add in that clause.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Prestige classes, mainly. It's not broken at all- in fact, melee needs some nice things, I'm all for that- but it will throw people off for a much better reason than something like 4/5 BAB.
    I'll just put in a 'Doesn't qualify for PrCs' clause.

Thanks. It was meant more as flavor than as power, really.
    Worked well.

Yes. Yes there should. I'm disappointed that noone's noticed that until now. >.>
    Fail. XD

The idea is that the VVV is so obsessed with winning that, when luck turns against them, they'll add that extra measure of will, and it only drives them on that much harder.
    Oh, it's wonderful.

Yeppers! I'll add in that clause.
    Hooray for psionics!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. Well, that evens out to +8, but alright.
    .4*20=8 +1 = 9. How is this +8 again?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    .4*20=8 +1 = 9. How is this +8 again?
    Yeah, I originally thought it was one, plus .4 for each additional level. Then I realized what I did and changed it back.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

The Altruist

Requirements:
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    BAB +7
    Special: Arcane Channeling 2nd level.

In the life of a Vis Veris Vesica, one will invariably do many, many terrible things in the name of personal advancement. Most of the time, it's nothing too horrible, but some cross a moral event horizon. Of those who do, some realize the horrors they've done: after years of living for the sole purpose of ME, they're attacked by a massive cumulative guilt.
    These people, having put themselves first for so long, to the exclusion of all others, find their lives that they worked so hard to advance worthless in the face of what they've done: any is more valuable than them, so they violently force all the power in their own veins to aid others, often at their own expense.

HD: d12
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Channeling

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Pure Invoker|+1 level of existing Channeling class

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Divine Channeling|+1 level of existing Channeling class

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Life Power (HP)|+1 level of existing Channeling class

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Shielding (AC)|+1 level of existing Channeling class

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Life Power (Ability Damage/Drain)|+1 level of existing Channeling class

6th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Shielding (Saves)|+1 level of existing Channeling class

7th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Life Power (Conditions)|+1 level of existing Channeling class

8th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Absorption|+1 level of existing Channeling class

9th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Life Power (Death)|+1 level of existing Channeling class

10th|
    +10/+5
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Sacrificial Power, Extra Domain|+1 level of existing Channeling class [/table]
    Skill Points/Level: 2+int modifier.
    Class skills: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (Any), Sense Motive, Survival.

Channeling: At each level, the Altruist gains Arcane Channeling uses per day and maximum spell level as if he gained another level in Vis Veris Vesica.

Pure Invoker: The Altruist loses all invocations he previously had; in return, he gains all spells from the good, healing & protection domains of a level equal to his altruist class levels as invocations. If he has the Subjugate the Weak, Embrace the Darkness or Extra Invocation special abilities, he may trade them out for bonus feats.

Divine Channeling: As the Vis Veris Vesica ability.

Life Power: the Vis Veris Vesica may give up himself to heal others, taking on their burdens as his own.
    At 3rd level, as a free action, he may heal another of any amount of hp as a standard action. In doing so, he loses an amount of hp equal to the amount of hp he healed, minus his charisma modifier.
    At 5th level, he may heal any amount of ability damage or drain as a free action. He takes 1/2 the amount of damage he healed as damage or drain (whichever he healed) to his charisma.
    At 7th level, he may heal any condition another is under- fatigued, sickened, etc., as a free action. In doing so, the altruist takes on the condition he healed, under the same parameters (duration, means of removal, etc.)
    At 9th level, as a standard action, he may bring another back to life with no level loss or diamonds involved. He dies in doing so, and in death is in the same state as the one he healed- for example, if their body was destroyed, his is destroyed as well.
    All of these abilities have a range of touch, and no more than one may be initiated per round.
    Even if the Altruist is immune to the effects- say, a construct altruist taking on ability score damage- he'll still take the effects. If he is lacking a constitution score or strength score and is healing one of those ability damage/drains, he'll just take the damage/drain to his charisma instead.

Shielding: At 4th level, the Altruist may sacrifice his own protection for the protection of others. At 3rd level, activated & dismissed as a full round action, the Altruist drops his AC to 0; in return, all alies within a 60' radius gain a bonus to AC equal to 2x his altruist class levels plus his charisma modifier. At 6th level, this can also apply to save modifiers, or both.

Absorption: At 8th level, as an immediate action, the Altruist may force a spell or effect targeted at an ally to target himself instead.

Sacrificial Power: At 10th level, the Altruist may cast Miracle at will. It costs twice the normal XP. However, the Altruist may take charisma burn to reduce the xp cost by 1000 for each point of charisma burned.
    This ability can never be used to directly benefit the Altruist.

Extra Domain: At 10th level, the Altruist adds another domain to his Pure Invoker ability. He may choose from Animal, Knowledge, Luck, Plant, Sun, or Travel.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-09-03 at 05:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

The Altruist

Requirements:
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    BAB +7
    Special: Arcane Channeling 2nd level.

In the life of a Vis Veris Vesica, one will invariably do many, many terrible things in the name of personal advancement. Most of the time, it's nothing too horrible, but some cross a moral event horizon. Of those who do, some realize the horrors they've done: after years of living for the sole purpose of ME, they're attacked by a massive cumulative guilt.
    These people, having put themselves first for so long, to the exclusion of all others, find their lives that they worked so hard to advance worthless in the face of what they've done: any is more valuable than them, so they violently force all the power in their own veins to aid others, often at their own expense.

I like the flavor. Nice. The requirements can be a little hard to meet, though. It takes time to reach Good after Evil, and playing at seventh level as a fighter without bonus feats is pretty hard. On second thought, there does not seem to be a way to "Fall" (Maybe I should say "Rise") from the Vis Veris Vesica. Ah well.

The Chassis is also very, very, good. It has full BAB and all Good saves.

Channeling: At each level, the Altruist gains Arcane Channeling uses per day and maximum spell level as if he gained another level in Vis Veris Vesica.

Okay, this seems good. Don't let such a cool power go to waste!

Pure Invoker: The Altruist loses all invocations he previously had; in return, he gains all spells from the good, healing & protection domains of a level equal to his altruist class levels as invocations. If he has the Subjugate the Weak, Embrace the Darkness or Extra Invocation special abilities, he may trade them out for bonus feats.

Okay...
    At the minimum level to enter, you give up four Invocations for three, with the downside that they are preset. Next level, you have six, while the regular progression is still at four. You continue to gain three each level until level 10, in which you get 9. A total of 36 invocations available at tenth level in this class. Yikes. I know warlocks who would kill for that. On top of that, The Protection Domain is actually really good if you can spam it enough. The three that are REALLY scary are Antimagic Field, Spell Resistance, and Prismatic Sphere.

Life Power: the Vis Veris Vesica may give up himself to heal others, taking on their burdens as his own.
    At 3rd level, as a standard action, he may heal another of any amount of hp as a standard action. In doing so, he loses an amount of hp equal to the amount of hp he healed, minus his charisma modifier.
    At 5th level, he may heal any amount of ability damage or drain as a standard action. He takes 1/2 the amount of damage he healed as damage or drain (whichever he healed) to his charisma.
    At 7th level, he may heal any condition another is under- fatigued, sickened, etc., as a standard action. In doing so, the altruist takes on the condition he healed, under the same parameters (duration, means of removal, etc.)
    At 9th level, as a standard action, he may bring another back to life with no level loss or diamonds involved. He dies in doing so, and in death is in the same state as the one he healed- for example, if their body was destroyed, his is destroyed as well.
    Even if the Altruist is immune to the effects- say, a construct altruist taking on ability score damage- he'll still take the effects. If he is lacking a constitution score or strength score and is healing one of those ability damage/drains, he'll just take the damage/drain to his charisma instead.

I see this as more flavorful than useful, as half of these abilities can be duplicated by his invocations. Obviously, these also hurt you immensely. I can see wanting to revive an important party member for the final battle at the cost of your own life, but how many players do that?

Shielding: At 4th level, the Altruist may sacrifice his own protection for the protection of others. At 3rd level, activated & dismissed as a full round action, the Altruist drops his AC to 0; in return, all allies within a 60' radius gain a bonus to AC equal to 2x his altruist class levels plus his charisma modifier. At 6th level, this can also apply to save modifiers, or both.

Actually, this one is pretty cool. I like it. This allows you to TANK IN THE BACK ROW. BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Absorption: At 8th level, as an immediate action, the Altruist may force a spell or effect targeted at an ally to target himself instead.

With the free at-will Spell Resistance, I see abuse here.

Sacrificial Power: At 10th level, the Altruist may cast Miracle at will. It costs twice the normal XP. However, the Altruist may take charisma burn to reduce the xp cost by 1000 for each point of charisma burned.
    This ability can never be used to directly benefit the Altruist.

Nice. Not overpowered, but useful.
    Comments in bold.

EDIT: I just noticed that it is perfectly legal for a Duskblade of sufficient level to take this class. Might want to work on those requirements a little.
    Last edited by BladeofOblivion; 2010-09-03 at 02:32 AM.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahhh... good point about the protection domain.
    See, the thing is though, healing domain & good domain are mostly useless... but, 'tis true, protection can get a bit too powerful.
    Then again, by the time it gets that powerful, Wizards will be playing rocket tag n'such. It's powerful, yes, but not OP- just a neato trick up his sleeve. All of these PrCs are pretty damn powerful, and that's how I want it.
    Life Power is meant to be mostly flavor, yes. With a good chassis you can afford to do that, especially with at-will protection domain. Also, with healing domain you're going to be doing, what, 20 hp per standard action at 2nd level? If that. An Altruist can just go BAM, standard action, healed as much as he wants. He'll lose a lot of health in the process... but it works.
    Duskblades can't enter this class- it specifies Arcane Channeling of 2nd level, which duskblades do not have. They have Channel Spell.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-09-03 at 10:40 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahhh... good point about the protection domain.
    See, the thing is though, healing domain & good domain are mostly useless... but, 'tis true, protection can get a bit too powerful.
    Then again, by the time it gets that powerful, Wizards will be playing rocket tag n'such. It's powerful, yes, but not OP- just a neato trick up his sleeve. All of these PrCs are pretty damn powerful, and that's how I want it.
    Life Power is meant to be mostly flavor, yes. With a good chassis you can afford to do that, especially with at-will protection domain. Also, with healing domain you're going to be doing, what, 20 hp per standard action at 2nd level? If that. An Altruist can just go BAM, standard action, healed as much as he wants. He'll lose a lot of health in the process... but it works.
    Duskblades can't enter this class- it specifies Arcane Channeling of 2nd level, which duskblades do not have. They have Channel Spell.
    Okay. Point taken.

The spell Resistance is pretty strong, and he can still take out a Wizard with clever use of Antimagic Field, but you are right.

While you are correct in that the healing Domain is mostly useless, I would say that using the spell Heal at-will by 7th level completely eclipses the Life Power ability of the same level and the ability at level 3.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

[QUOTE=BladeofOblivion;9285479]Okay. Point taken.

The spell Resistance is pretty strong, and he can still take out a Wizard with clever use of Antimagic Field, but you are right.

While you are correct in that the healing Domain is mostly useless, I would say that using the spell Heal at-will by 7th level completely eclipses the Life Power ability of the same level and the ability at level 3.
    Hmmm... probably. As stated, these things are mainly flavor. I'm sure they'd crop up eventually. And remember, this is any condition.
    But... I think I'll make all the 'life power(s)' but death free actions.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, so I'm hard at work on the Anarch. It's proving... trickisome. Especially the special abilities. I think I have it mostly hammered out, though, so here's a preliminary stat block:

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8

{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
    1st | +1 | +0 | +2 | +2 | Act First- Think Later, Armor of Chaos, Aura of Chaos | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | - | -
    2nd | +2 | +0| +2 | +3 | Warrior of Entropy | 3 | 1 | - | - | - | - | -
    3rd | +3 | +0 | +3 | +3 | Rebellious Mind | 3 | 2 | 0 | - | - | - | -
    4th | +4 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Interrupt 1/day, Special Ability | 4 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | -
    5th | +5 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Freedom 1/day | 4 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | -
    6th | +6/+1 | +1 | +5 | +5 | True Entropy | 4 | 2 | 2 | 0 | - | - | -
    7th | +7/+2 | +2 | +5 | +5 | Special Ability | 5 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - | -
    8th | +8/+3 | +2 | +6 | +6 | Interruption 2/day | 5 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - | -
    9th | +9/+4 | +2 | +6 | +6 | Chaos Power The Of! | 5 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0 | - | -
    10th | +10/+5 | +3 | +7 | +7 | Freedom 2/day, Special Ability | 5 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | -
    11th | +11/+6/+1 | +3 | +7 | +7 | Blood of Chaos | 6 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | -
    12th | +12/+7/+2 | +3 | +8 | +8 | Interrupt 3/day | 6 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0 | -
    13th | +13/+8/+3 | +4 | +8 | +8 | Special Ability | 6 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1 | -
    14th | +14/+9/+4 | +4 | +9 | +9 | Freedom of Body | 6 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | -
    15th | +15/+10/+5 | +4 | +9 | +9 | Freedom 3/day | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0
    16th | +16/+11/+6/+1 | +5 | +10 | +10 | Interrupt 4/day, Special Ability | 7 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1
    17th | +17/+12/+7/+2 | +5 | +10 | +10 | Freedom of Mind | 7 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1
    18th | +18/+13/+8/+3 | +5 | +11 | +11 | Master of Entropy | 7 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 2
    19th | +19/+14/+9/+4 | +6 | +11 | +11 | Freedom of Time, Special Ability | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2
    20th | +20/+15/+10/+5 | +6 | +12 | +12 | Freedom of Reality, Interrupt 5/day, Freedom 4/day | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2[/table]
    Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope

Skill Points Per Level: 6+int mod

Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, plus one exotic weapon of the Anarch's choice, as well as light armor.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos Power the Of.
    Have I mentioned I love you? XD

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

The Anarch!

First things first, an Anarch is always Chaotic Neutral. Any Anarch who ceases to be CN cannot gain any more levels from this class, but retains their class abilities. Any Anarch who ceases to be chaotic cannot use "Chaos the Power of!", and any Anarch who becomes lawful loses all class abilities.

In their pursuit of chaos, other than the random insanity that the purest form namesake embodies, the Anarch focuses on both the lighter and darker sides of chaos: freedom and entropy. As a pure chaotic neutral, it uses both in moderation, never focusing on just one. From these three forces- pure chaos, freedom and entropy- they draw their powers, much as a cleric draws powers from an ideal.

HD: d8

{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
    1st | +1 | +0 | +2 | +2 | Act First- Think Later, Armor of Chaos, Aura of Chaos | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | - | -
    2nd | +2 | +0| +2 | +3 | Warrior of Entropy | 3 | 1 | - | - | - | - | -
    3rd | +3 | +0 | +3 | +3 | Rebellious Mind | 3 | 2 | 0 | - | - | - | -
    4th | +4 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Interrupt 1/day, Special Ability | 4 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | -
    5th | +5 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Freedom 1/day | 4 | 2 | 1 | - | - | - | -
    6th | +6/+1 | +1 | +5 | +5 | True Entropy | 4 | 2 | 2 | 0 | - | - | -
    7th | +7/+2 | +2 | +5 | +5 | Special Ability | 5 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - | -
    8th | +8/+3 | +2 | +6 | +6 | Interruption 2/day | 5 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | - | -
    9th | +9/+4 | +2 | +6 | +6 | Chaos Power The Of! | 5 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0 | - | -
    10th | +10/+5 | +3 | +7 | +7 | Freedom 2/day, Special Ability | 5 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | -
    11th | +11/+6/+1 | +3 | +7 | +7 | Blood of Chaos | 6 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | - | -
    12th | +12/+7/+2 | +3 | +8 | +8 | Interrupt 3/day | 6 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0 | -
    13th | +13/+8/+3 | +4 | +8 | +8 | Special Ability | 6 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1 | -
    14th | +14/+9/+4 | +4 | +9 | +9 | Freedom of Body | 6 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | -
    15th | +15/+10/+5 | +4 | +9 | +9 | Freedom 3/day | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 0
    16th | +16/+11/+6/+1 | +5 | +10 | +10 | Interrupt 4/day, Special Ability | 7 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 1
    17th | +17/+12/+7/+2 | +5 | +10 | +10 | Freedom of Mind | 7 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1
    18th | +18/+13/+8/+3 | +5 | +11 | +11 | Master of Entropy | 7 | 5 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 2
    19th | +19/+14/+9/+4 | +6 | +11 | +11 | Freedom of Time, Special Ability | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 2
    20th | +20/+15/+10/+5 | +6 | +12 | +12 | Freedom of Reality, Interrupt 5/day, Freedom 4/day | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 2[/table]
    Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope

Skill Points Per Level: 6+int mod

Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, plus one exotic weapon of the Anarch's choice, as well as light armor.

Spellcasting:
    Spoiler
    Show

An Anarch casts divine spells, which are drawn from the Anarch spell list (see below). He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, an Anarch must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell's level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an Anarch's spell is 10 + the spell level + the Anarch's Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, an Anarch can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the table. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score. When the table indicates that the Anarch gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, he gains only the bonus spells he would be entitled to based on his Charisma score for that spell level.

The Anarch's selection of spells is extremely limited. An Anarch begins play knowing two 1st level spells of your choice. He also knows a number of 0th level spells (orisons) equal to his Charisma modifier. At every new Anarch level, he gains two new spells drawn from the Anarch spell list. These spells must be spells he is capable of casting, so that a third level Anarch could not learn a 6th level Anarch spell, but could learn a 2nd level Anarch spell. Unlike spells per day, the number of spells an Anarch knows is not affected by his Charisma score: he learns two spells per level regardless.

Upon reaching 5th level, and at every third Anarch level after that (8th, 11th, and so on), an Anarch can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. In effect, the Anarch "loses" the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell's level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least one level lower than the highest-level Anarch spell the Anarch can cast. An Anarch may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the level.

As noted above, an Anarch need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell's level.

Spell List:
    Spoiler
    Show

Orisons: As a Sorcerer/Wizard, plus inflict light wounds, sans arcane mark.

1st: Animate Rope, Disguise Self, Entropic Shield, Erase, Expeditious Retreat, Grease, Hideous Laughter, Hold Portal, Jump, Obscuring Mist, Pass Without Trace, Produce Flame, Protection From Law, Ray of Enfeeblement, Reduce Person, Shatter, Silent Image, Summon Monster I, Undetectable Alignment, Unseen Servant, Ventriloquism.

2nd: Alter Self, Blur, Cat's Grace, Darkness, Eagle's Splendor, Glitterdust, Heat Metal, Invisibility, Knock, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Pyrotechnics, Rage, Soften Earth & Stone, Sound Burst, Summon Swarm, Warp Wood.

3rd: Blink, Chaos Hammer, Confusion, Deeper Darkness, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Explosive Runes, Fly, Gaseous Form, Glibness, Haste, Magic Circle Against Law, Major Image, Ray of Exhaustion, Stinking Cloud.

4th: Black Tentacles, Break Enchantment, Defenestrating Sphere, Dimension Door, Dispel Law, Hallucinatory Terrain, Invisibility (Greater), Polymorph, Rusting Grasp, Shadow Conjuration, Shout, Wall of Fire.

5th: Baleful Polymorph, Dispel Magic (Greater), False Vision, Mirage Arcana, Mislead, Plane Shift, Seeming, Shadow Evocation, Song of Discord, Telekinesis, Teleport, Transmute Mud to Rock, Transmute Rock to Mud.

6th: Animate Objects, Antimagic Field, Cloak of Chaos, Flesh to Stone, Harm, Heroes' Feast, Irresistible Dance, Shout (Greater), Stone to Flesh, Sympathetic Vibration, Veil, Word of Chaos.

Act First, Think Later (ex): An Anarch gains a +1 anarchic bonus to initiative at first level. This increases to +2 at level 3, and by another 1 every 3 levels thereafter up to +7 at level 18. It further increases to +8 at level 20.

Armor of Chaos (ex): So long as the Anarch has no armor check penalty, whether from armor or a shield, she gains an insight bonus to AC equal to her charisma modifier. This increases at level 3 by one point, and by an additional 1 every three levels thereafter, up to charisma modifier+6 at level 18.

Aura of Chaos (su): The power of an Anarch’s aura of chaos (see the detect chaos spell) is equal to her Anarch level. Any lawful creature using detect chaos on the Anarch must make a will save (DC 10+1/2 Anarch level+Cha mod) or the spell immediately ends and they are confused for 1 round.
    In addition, the Anarch exudes a very subtle strange, confusing and distracting but at the same time roguish and almost charming air. He gains a bonus to bluff, hide and move silently checks equal to 1/2 his Anarch levels.

Warrior of Entropy (su): The Anarch adds Inflict Light Wounds, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Inflict Serious Wounds and Inflict Critical Wounds at levels 1, 2, 3 & 4, respectively, to his Anarch spells known as soon as he is able to cast the requisite level of spells. If these spells would normally heal a creature- such as when cast on an undead creature or a creature with the tomb tainted soul feat- they instead do nothing. Entropy never heals.
    Additionally, the Anarch can channel these spells through melee attacks. Each attack costs an appropriate spell slot whether or not the Anarch hits. Once iterative attacks are possible the Anarch can channel them through a full attack, though each separate attack in the full attack consumes a spell slot.

Rebellious Mind (ex): The Anarch gains a bonus to saves against Mind-Affecting spells & effects equal to his charisma modifier plus 1/2 his Anarch levels.

Interrupt (su): A number of times per day as stated in the table above, the Anarch may cast a spell with a casting time of 1 standard action or less as an immediate action.

Special Ability: At 4th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the Anarch gains a special ability chosen from the pool below.

Freedom (su): As an immediate action a number of times per day as stated in the table above, the Anarch selects one spell, effect or condition imposed upon him by another creature with a duration of 1 or more rounds, of which he is a target. That effect ends immediately.

True Entropy: The Anarch's Inflict spells now deal untyped damage instead of negative energy damage.

Chaos The Power Of! (ex):(The Power Of Chaos, if you really needed to know)
    At 9th level, once per day as a move action the Anarch may call upon the powers of chaos in a last ditch effort. This ability is only used in the most dire of circumstances, as it can even result in death. This ability lasts 1d20 rounds, or until someone the Anarch knows and is friendly towards spends a full round action (which provokes attacks of opportunity) stopping him. The ability has a number of effects. When "rolling again" on any of the tables, if the result is another "roll again", disregard that result.
    When the duration is over, the Anarch drops to Charisma Modifier-1d20 hp. This can never increase the Anarch's hp.
    First, the Anarch is restored 1/2 charisma modifier (rounded down)xclass levels hp.

Second, any within 30' of the Anarch must make a DC (10+1/2 Anarch level+Cha modifier) reflex save or roll 1d6 and suffer one of the below effects:
    {table=head]Die Result|Effect:
    1|Knocked Prone
    2|Healed Anarch's Cha Mod damage
    3|Takes Anarch's Cha Mod damage
    4|Shaken for duration of encounter
    5|Confused for Anarch's Cha mod rounds
    6|Roll twice, and use both results.[/table]

Third, the Anarch rolls 1d20-2d4 for each of his ability scores and adds the result as an anarchic bonus to the ability score. This can result in a negative number.

Fourth, the Anarch gains a number of immunities. He rolls 1d10, and consults the table:
    {table=head]Die Result|Immunity to:
    1|Acid
    2|Cold
    3|Electricity
    4|Fire
    5|Sonic
    6|Force
    7|Spells & Effects that allow SR
    8|Nonlethal Damage
    9|Roll again- +50% damage from the selected source
    10|Roll again twice.[/table]

Fifth, the Anarch gains some resistance to physical attacks. Roll 1d12 and consult the table below:
    {table=head]Die Result|DR/:
    1|Lawful
    2|Good
    3|Chaotic
    4|Evil
    5|Piercing
    6|Bludgeoning
    7|Slashing
    8|Cold Iron
    9|Silver
    10|Adamantium
    11|Roll again twice: result is DR/X or Y.
    12|Roll again twice: result is DR/X and Y.[/table]
    The DR is equal to 1d20+the Anarch's charisma modifier.

Finally, every round the Anarch rolls 1d100, and must take the following course of action:

{table=head]Die Result|Action:
    1 to 20|Attack nearest person in melee.
    21 to 35|Stand still and cast as many spells as possible.
    36 to 45|Flee as if Panicked.
    46 to 50|Drop prone and flop around. Any within reach take damage as if by an unarmed strike.
    51 to 60|Scream incoherently with the power of chaos. All within earshot must make will saves (DC 10+1/2 Anarch level+Cha mod) or be permanently deafened. Any who fail their will saves are also subjected to a Word of Chaos, as if cast by the Anarch.
    61 to 70|The Anarch casts any level 0 spell of his choice as an SLA.
    71 to (99-Cha mod)|The Anarch is stunned for the duration of the round.
    (99-Cha mod) to 100|Act Normally[/table]
    The charisma modifier used in the equation is the Anarch's charisma modifier as modified by the ability. The result of 99-cha mod can never drop below 71.

Blood of Chaos (su): Whenever the Anarch is damaged in melee, he may choose to create an effect as if activating a rod of wonder. He may do this no more than once per round. Unless otherwise noted, the "target" is always the one who damaged him in melee. DCs are equal to (10+1/2 Anarch Level+Cha mod).

Freedom of Body (ex): The Anarch permanently gains the effects of a freedom of movement spell.

Freedom of Mind (ex): The Anarch permanently gains the effects of a mind blank spell.

Master of Entropy (su): Once every 10 minutes as a full-round action, the Anarch may effect a 10' radius area with intense entropy. Nothing can escape.
    All nonmagical manufactured items fall apart, broken up into component parts. Walls & buildings crumble.
    All spells & spell-like effects with a listed duration active in the area are affected as if by a Mage's Disjunction, except for magical items.
    Constructs must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 Anarch level+Cha mod) or be instantly destroyed, and fall to rubble. Even if they succeed on their save, they cannot take actions for 1 round.
    Living creatures must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 Anarch levels+Cha mod) take 1d6 untyped damage per 2 levels of the Anarch.
    With magical items, the magic is unknit & filled with chaos, thus rendering it useless but the energies are still there: any with the appropriate crafting feat can restore the item with 10 minutes of concentrated effort. Not even artifacts can escape from this effect- however, they don't require an effort from an outside source- they simply are restored after 10 minutes time.

Freedom of Time: Once per encounter, the Anarch can as an immediate action gain the effects of a time stop spell for a duration of 1 round.

Freedom of Reality: At 20th level, the Anarch can reject the reality as is and substitute his own. He may use Reality Revision as a PLA no more than once per day, though it retains its XP cost. He may not use this to duplicate a spell or power, create or add to items, give inherent bonuses to ability scores or any other permanent intrinsic bonus. He may reduce the xp cost by taking 1d4 wisdom burn for each 1,000 xp he reduces it by.

Special Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Depose the Dominant Paradigm!: The Anarch gains a bonus to attacks against lawful creatures equal to his charisma modifier, as well as +1 to saving throws against spells & SLAs cast by creatures with the lawful subtype & immunity to any spells with the [lawful] descriptor that allow SR.

Monkeywrench:The Anarch gains an additional use of Interrupt every day. This ability may be gained multiple times.

Familiar of Entropy: The Anarch adds her charisma bonus to damage caused by the Inflict line of spells.

Improved Blood of Chaos: (Requires Blood of Chaos): When rolling the dice for the Blood of Chaos ability, the Anarch may roll twice and choose one result.

More to come.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-09-13 at 07:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

(insane giggles)
    (Earmarks next twenty levels as 'taken')

...Is that a buffy-pire?
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-09-13 at 03:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

(insane giggles)
    (Earmarks next twenty levels as 'taken')
    Well, I'm glad you like it.

...Is that a buffy-pire?
    Yes, it's that other Joss Whedon show. As is the picture I have for the Altruist. I've been going on a Buffy binge, and I found the pictures fitting.
    Also: name the vampires and get a cookie.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

No idea who it is. Isn't Angel, isn't Spike...

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

No idea who it is. Isn't Angel, isn't Spike...

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Okiedokes. Anyone have any critiques on all this? On any of the classes? I'd like some feedback...

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, first off, that is indeed spike.
    Secondly, I like it, but some of the stuff, like especially Chaos the power of! is a little too fiddly. Like, I'd need a lot of cheat sheets to run a character like that, so that's a mark against it. Interrupt (and the special ability that gives you more uses) seems really powerful. Also: We don't have enough special abilities to run a 20th level Anarch

As far as the others, the paladin is my favorite piece of homebrew ever. I'm playing one soon, and I'll post my impressions once I have some.
    Last edited by Sir_Mopalot; 2010-09-13 at 06:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

This is not meant to say that the paladin should always be able to save everyone. Sometimes, circumstances will make that impossible. But he should always try to save everybody, and he should never be required to take an evil action to advance the cause of Good. In a world where paladins are possible, 'necessary Evil' is a lie tempters tell to corrupt the righteous, and the corrupt tell themselves to hide from their own guilt.
    I think it should go to mention that a lot of paladins that face these situations are expected to die in suicidal combat when they take the third option. If they don't, they fall. They're like samurai in that sense.

Turn Demon: The Paladin may turn outsiders with the evil subtype as he would normally turn undead.
    Can your paladin turn undead? If not, it should be 'as a cleric turns undead'.

Detect Evil (su): The paladin gains the benefits of a permanent detect evil spell, as well as detect good.
    What's the specifics? Is it the same as WotC? At-will? Aura?

Holy Smite (su): The paladin is infused with divine energies: any evil creature damaged by the paladin takes additional damage equal to the paladin's class level.
    I always thought that smite evil should've just been expanded to 1d6*levels in paladin. This is alright too. But maybe, with a concentration check or whatever, they could apply charisma modifier and 1d6*levels in paladin damage, standard action?

You could probably say that bonus damage from a smite is always lawful and good aligned. Maybe at higher levels, it becomes magical so a paladin can automatically ignore miss chance from incorporeal creatures and possibly even damage ethereals.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-09-13 at 06:54 PM.