New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Sweet signed copy of war and xps

Ive been hovering trigger finger at the ready for an hour. Just glad it payed off.
    THANK YOU GIANT!!!!
    All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room.
    -Blaise Pascal

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    -Martin luther king

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

In case people haven't seen, since the update there's a Start of Darkness + any OotS book, both signed pledge available now for $92. 29/35 remaining as of now.

I recommend people who haven't got it getting it. Xykon was awesome long before OotS started.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Signed Start of Darkness now live (I got one!)

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

At the end of that story, I ran a letters page which featured a blurb by Julio himself plugging the fictional "next issue," in which I tried to come up with the most ridiculous, over-the-top plot I could summarize in one paragraph.
    [...]
    Keep in mind I had no idea what any of that stuff meant when I wrote that. But now? Now that you've pledged $120,000 to help me reprint two different Order of the Stick books?

Now I will write that story.
    Love you for that giant!

Damn, I pledged 20 $ feeling it was a fair price for a couiple of pdf stories and some magnets, but now that we're getting a LOT of pdf stories i feel i must raise my pledge to keep things fair. And to not feel greedy compared to the guys who took the more premium rewards
    Can I change my pledge to add some money?

P.S. don't worry about bankrupting me, my phd has a very good salary
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    Love you for that giant!

Damn, I pledged 20 $ feeling it was a fair price for a couiple of pdf stories and some magnets, but now that we're getting a LOT of pdf stories i feel i must raise my pledge to keep things fair. And to not feel greedy compared to the guys who took the more premium rewards
    Can I change my pledge to add some money?

P.S. don't worry about bankrupting me, my phd has a very good salary
    There's a big blue button on the main page that says Manage Your Pledge. Click it & you can alter your amount/reward (assuming it isn't sold out).
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Signed copy, here I come!

Thanks so much for adding it in, Rick. It just upped my pledge by about $82, too!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Just throwing it out there, but if things keep going swimmingly, could we possibly see more reward options in the $10-$40 range?

I would love, absolutely love, to have nabbed in on the $92 signed copies when I saw them put up, but I know I can't hurt my wallet that much with how things are right now. And I know there are probably other OoTS fans/supporters who would pledge just a little bit more money but can't be tossing over 80 dollars into it without damaging their own situation more than they already comfortably can.

Just my two coppers and keep things up everyone! We're doing amazing!
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-01-25 at 03:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I recommend people who haven't got it getting it. Xykon was awesome long before OotS started.
    Agreed and the Intro was hysterical
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slash, slash, slash.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a "Manage Pledge" button, where you can change how much your donating (up or down) and change your reward package.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome, this. I am actually excited to see this skyrocketing so fast. I pledged for the 'print only' package and am curious to see if the Giant can seduce me to up it .
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-01-25 at 03:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the total went up by almost $2000 in just the last 20 minutes and Rich hasn't even posted any new incentives yet.
    It, however, has increased $2000 in this past hour ($130,931 v $132,966).

Can't imagine why.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-25 at 03:05 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #582
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but if things keep going swimmingly, could we possibly see more reward options in the $10-$40 range?
    At least one of the "non-book" rewards I mentioned in today's update will be under $30, as long as you don't then add a book to it. It's really the high cost of the books in the first place that keeps the rewards so much higher.

--Rich
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    At least one of the "non-book" rewards I mentioned in today's update will be under $30, as long as you don't then add a book to it. It's really the high cost of the books in the first place that keeps the rewards so much higher.

--Rich
    I'll definitely keep an eye out and thanks for replying and considering.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Barbarian in the Playground

With the added Julio Scoundrél story, I just had to up my pledge. For 5 stories, 2 magnets and a feeling of joy and happiness, 14$ was just too cheap.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Any hope for getting the print-only special, but signed, on the list of rewards?
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-25 at 03:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I propose that if this hits $288,750, or 500% of the original pledge, that Rich 'signs' the PDF story. As in he inserts an image of his signature onto the PDF exclusive 'How the Paladin Got His Scar' the same way he'd sign one of the print books.

That way everyone gets something signed by Rich. ;)
    Last edited by CDP; 2012-01-25 at 03:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh look erfworld put up a link to the kickstarter campaign, how nice.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Actually I'm hoping one (or more) of the three 1250 pledgers picks Julio for the bonus story. In fact, when OOTS ends, I hope Rich takes a little time off then starts making Julio Scoundrel comics.
    WOOT!!!!! So it was the $120,000 bonus prize, still. WOOT!!!!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

--Rich
    Any chance of more "limited" edition magnets? I'd love to get a V magnet!

20. - Top - End - #590
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoWize View Post
    Signed Start of Darkness now live (I got one!)
    Nooo I was too slow

Darn I really really wanted a signed SoD...

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    Any chance of more "limited" edition magnets? I'd love to get a V magnet!
    Buy another Roy magnet & stick a picture of V onto it?

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

1pm PST
    2800 backers.
    $134,386 pledged

$15,614 to go until NCftPB pledge points get added (it was $140,000 but got upped to $150,000 - see update for details.)
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-01-25 at 04:02 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Buy another Roy magnet & stick a picture of V onto it?
    I'm seriously tempted to create a second pledge of $14 with a different email just to get two extra magnets. I would put Haley on mine though.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

There we go $36 for a origin of the PCs with international shipping to scotland. I would buy more books if the shipping costs were not equal to the costs of the books.
    How does the kickstarter people now know where to deliver to?

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    There we go $36 for a origin of the PCs with international shipping to scotland. I would buy more books if the shipping costs were not equal to the costs of the books.
    Once the drive is over you get a message checking details like delivery address.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-25 at 04:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Cool looking forward to it

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is adding an additional book to an existing pledge a problem? I nabbed a $92 two signed book pledge and will be taking War and XPs or No Cure as my second book, but will want a copy of the other.

Should I try to include it in the pledge, or just wait until they are available at Ookoodook? Either is fine by me, but I figure I'm probably not the only one with this question. I assume it will be easier to keep track of if I just order it separately.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    That's one of the reasons I am trying to get as much books as possible out of this deal: I think shipping 5 books is about as expensive as shipping one. The shipping costs always kind of held me back in buying the books, but this kickstarter initiative seems like a proper moment to get me some books and show some support.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm curious about the new high-end incentives hinted at in the latest post. Not that I would be able to afford them (or want to give up my current one), but it is a bit exiting.

Regarding shipping, from the faq.
    It's a quirk of the shipping rates. See, one book fits in a US Priority Mail flat rate envelope, while two or more books require a US Priority Mail flat rate box. The box has a higher rate than two of the envelopes, unfortunately. But there is good news: that box can hold up to ten books, with no further increase in postage! So if you're ordering two books overseas, see if you can find a friend to chip in for a third one. You'll all save money, and we'll save on packing supplies. Everyone wins!
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2012-01-25 at 04:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shame that there isnt a distributor in the UK/Europe area. Probably just to expensive as they would need to import the books from the printer anyway