New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Today has not been a good day.

Overslept this morning, waking up 15 minutes before my shift at work started, and with a half hour drive, that's problematic at best.

Also, I found that my brother had tried calling me this morning, but I'd slept through it.

He did get hold of me just as I was about to head off to work, and gave me the news that my uncle, that's battled cancer for a long time finally passed away last night. Suddenly, getting to work in a hurry wasn't that high on my priority list.
    Aww, that sucks. When my grandfather (or "father's father" for the specificness that I'm used to, but that a lot of languages lack for some stupid reason) died, it was the first thing I got to know that morning. I remember being a bit annoyed at dad for not telling me later, like after breakfast, since it killed my good mood that morning.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Aww, that sucks. When my grandfather (or "father's father" for the specificness that I'm used to, but that a lot of languages lack for some stupid reason) died, it was the first thing I got to know that morning. I remember being a bit annoyed at dad for not telling me later, like after breakfast, since it killed my good mood that morning.
    I had the same feeling when my grandfather (morfar) died. At the time, I was working in the same department, but another team, as my aunt (moster), and she had the week off from work because we all knew that he didn't have long left, so my mother, her mother and her siblings were at his side when he passed away.

I was in at work at the time, and got a phone call at about 2pm in the afternoon from my mom, giving me the news, and then requested that I kept it to myself at work, because they figured that a lot of people would send condolence text messages and try to call my aunt if i told anyone.

So I had to endure about 2 hours at work, trying to look as if nothing was wrong, even if I was devastated.
    By the time I finished work, I was such a wreck that I couldn't drive, and had to take a taxi the 10-15 miles to my grandparent's house (at least that's what I think I did, I can't really remember anything from stepping out from work until I stepped in through the door and was met by my grandmother and totally broke down weeping in her arms).

I, and both my brother and sister, was very close to our grandfather, but I think me so a little more than the others as I'd lived at my grandparent's house while going to high school (gymnasiet) and always tried to help out with driving them anywhere they needed to go when they needed to go anywhere.
    Last edited by KuReshtin; 2010-10-01 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    Oh, and Curly was smaller than a carriage wheel.
    Present pictorial evidence of this occurrence. I desire cuteness.

I love a good costume.

And I would marry a great costume and start a family with it. That way I'd end up with more great costumes.
    Well, that's taking it a bit far, but who am I to iudge? Some people want to marry furniture.

Oh, the other point I forgot to mention is they accidentally gave me two costumes. The other is for Act 1. Which I'm not in. My friends suggested I should iust wear it backstage during Act 1 for the hell of it.
    At some point I will get photos of me in said costume. And in the other one, that I actually have to wear for the show.

ION:
    While I was with Curly my Weight Watchers flatmate toasted her thin bread, which burnt and set off the fire alarm, and the entire block had to evacuate.

Now the offending crispy bread slice is taped to the fridge door. I wonder how long it'll take to go mouldy.
    *Shakes head* Honestly, the antics of students nowadays...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #274

Don't forget the DVDs. Especially the capriciously high-charged and extremely largely capable Roman general... Virulus.
    Oh, and the hilariously-titled Mills & Boon novels.
    And the main character was called Quintus! His commander being Virulus; and me knowing my obscure Middle English words, it lead to giggles.
    Don't forget Genghis Kan: The Original 'Mongol'.
    And those were in the top twenty DVDs sections.

The books, oh man, the books . . .
    The Dark Duke, The Cowboy and the Princess, and there was one about a knight.
    They were so tawdry and unbelievable.
    I could probably make up some titles, and you wouldn't believe me, but they'd fit perfectly.
    The Gentle Knight and the Shepherdess, A Passionate Crime, Intrigue: Bodyguard Under the Sun; Bedded For Pleasure; The Misbehaving Mistress; The King and the Sultry Seductress.

Hey, this is fun.

That was amazing. Looking at that picture of the mother and daughter on the beach...
    Spoiler
    Show
    HORSE LAND

Also, the eighteenth-century painting of two noble children that "looks like it's from the 1940s-50s" and the 'photo' of boats, and... just fantastic comments everywhere.
    Oh, and Curly was smaller than a carriage wheel.
    I was small, and the wheel was big. Sadly, no pictures for supposed cuteness exist.

ION:
    While I was with Curly my Weight Watchers flatmate toasted her thin bread, which burnt and set off the fire alarm, and the entire block had to evacuate.

Now the offending crispy bread slice is taped to the fridge door. I wonder how long it'll take to go mouldy.
    Hehe. Students.

ION:
    Going back to uni tomorrow. Got to pack this evening, lucky I didn't unpack much. Got to get up early tomorrow as well. Hopefully I can convince Dad to leave at sixish.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And the main character was called Quintus! His commander being Virulus; and me knowing my obscure Middle English words, it lead to giggles.
    Don't forget Genghis Kan: The Original 'Mongol'.
    And those were in the top twenty DVDs sections.

The books, oh man, the books . . .
    The Dark Duke, The Cowboy and the Princess, and there was one about a knight.
    They were so tawdry and unbelievable.
    I could probably make up some titles, and you wouldn't believe me, but they'd fit perfectly.
    The Gentle Knight and the Shepherdess, A Passionate Crime, Intrigue: Bodyguard Under the Sun; Bedded For Pleasure; The Misbehaving Mistress; The King and the Sultry Seductress.

Hey, this is fun.

And if you combine the titles, you get even better ones.

"Bodyguard Under the Sun: Bedded for pleasure"
    "The King and the Sultry Seductress: A passionate crime"
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I was small, and the wheel was big. Sadly, no pictures for supposed cuteness exist.

And there's no 'supposed' about it.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    And if you combine the titles, you get even better ones.

"Bodyguard Under the Sun: Bedded for pleasure"
    "The King and the Sultry Seductress: A passionate crime"
    :smalllbiggrin:
    ^.^

Author of Delight, a novel about a romance author, writing under a pseudonym whose hero is secretly based upon a man she works with. What happens when Garrett McSexyNoShirt admits, not knowing who she is, that she writes his favourite books?

A Doctor's Distraction, when Dr. HourglassFigure is doing her rounds she meets Cute But Has A Dangerous Illness and falls for him. Can she separate her personal and professional feelings as she fights to save CBHADI's life and win her heart's desire?

The Husband's Affair - Mrs. Plain Iane is betrayed by her husband when she finds out that he's been sleeping with their next door neighbour. She's vowed to never trust a man again.
    Moving out of her house and into a new flat she finds a friend in her new next-door-neighbour.
    How will she overcome her betrayal and come to trust him? What happens when he admits his feelings for her are stronger than friendship?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #278

Loving is Believing - A fanatical reader of romance novels finally meets her dream man, only to discover him to be cynical and iaded after years of disappointment. Can she convince him that true love and 'happily ever after's can happen in the real world?

It seems the measure of these made up hypothetical books is how much effort it takes not to iust make fun of them.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

A Knight's Sunset: The Ninja Bites

What happens when Lord Perfect and Cassidy Cowgirl meet under the moonlight only to discover that one is secretly a vampire, and the other a ninja assassin?

Also, they are both supposed to be married to someone else and Lord Perfect is dying of a fatal disease that only his wife-to-be can cure.

I'm not sure if I'm as good at this as you two are, but I sure can try. <w<;
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    one is secretly a vampire, and the other a ninja assassin
    Cross-genre ridiculosity detracts from it being believable as an actual book of this type.
    Also, the "Also, they are..." is too matter of fact. The description has to all flow smoothly from the basic question of "How will they ever cope with being in the lahvs with each other OMGOMGOMG."
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...

My Bleeding Heart

Ms.Emily Watkinson has fallen in love! Too bad her lover is a creature of the night. Will she stay her heart, or fall victim to the tall, dark stranger?

No, I still think you two are better at this than me. :/
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-10-01 at 12:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Little brother the Pyromaniac has built a miniature mortar which he loads with blackpowder and uses to fire away small pyrotechnics (flashes are good when it's dark, while smoke makes for cool daytime effects). I usually frown upon his pyromania, but I have to admit that this is cool.

Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Unrelated, but something I've been thinking about -

Now, I really dislike sweet flavors; always have. They just taste disgusting to me, whether in the form of desserts or jams or...well, for some strange reason, actually, I do like fruit. But other than that, I just can't abide sweet tastes.
    My friends all say that this is really strange, and obviously it's outside the norm...but is anyone else like this? Or is it really that bizarre?

In the same vein, does anyone have any idea why I might have such a strong dislike of sweetness, and why fruit might be exempt?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

There's no real reason "why" anyone has a dislike of certain flavors. They just do. It's true that it's a rare issue, but there's nothing particularly strange about it.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The person who understood my DnD jokes got a schedual change and was moved out of my U.S history class.

Oh, and my friend is pregnant.
    ____

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Well, uh, judging from the smiley, I guess congrats aren't in order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

The person who understood my DnD jokes got a schedual change and was moved out of my U.S history class.

That's um...well, those are two very different things. o.o;

Um...sorry you lost your friend in that class, and I hope your other friend is okay?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Well, uh, judging from the smiley, I guess congrats aren't in order?
    Maybe if she wasn't 13.
    ____

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup, that sucks. ...Also potentially life-threatening.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Maybe if she wasn't 13.
    Well that bites.

Self censored for political reasons.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe if she wasn't 13.
    I guess some of these are in order:

That doesn't sound good at all.

Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by SMEE; 2010-10-01 at 04:46 PM.
    ____

23. - Top - End - #293
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Teddy: Well, yeah, it sounds disgusting and wrong.

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by SMEE; 2010-10-01 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

oh... and I have to agree with coidzor on this one...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Thirding Coidz here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

Nah, that would be the Cookiemonster.
    Bit late but:

Youuuuu rang? *nom*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

26. - Top - End - #296

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by SMEE; 2010-10-01 at 04:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fourthing Coidz and seconding Koorly.

Also, Malfunctioned is getting an eyebrow piercing tomorrow!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I disgree with the previous posters.

ION: More people need to pull their heads out of their butts, and look at the world around them.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

I agree with the scrubbed material.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm sad now, I just remembered my old Latin Teacher. She's dead now. *wanders away and crys*