New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2721
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXI

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical View Post
    Q 519

Is it possible to qualify for the Ur-Priest PRC by 5th level, with a minimum of 2 levels of Monk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    A 519 No.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    A519 Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Re: A 519 Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    I thought it was weird for me to be correcting you.... By my reading "qualify for a PRC" means "meet the prerequisites to gain the PRC at your next level", not "take the PRC at this level" (which would mean you qualified the previous level). However it is more likely that he meant it the other way.
    Will's reading is correct, Curmudgeon, and I actually briefly mulled over how to phrase the question when I originally posted it to avoid this scenario. I apologize for the confusion.
    Last edited by Crasical; 2012-07-23 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 538

How can you jump over objects? Would you need a 12 ft long jump to clear a 3 ft hurdle?

3. - Top - End - #1053

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    Q 538

How can you jump over objects? Would you need a 12 ft long jump to clear a 3 ft hurdle?
    Depends on the object. Doing a 12 foot long jump is one way, though for simple fence-hopping it's probably better to use the 'Hop up' rules.

Hop Up
    You can jump up onto an object as tall as your waist, such as a table or small boulder, with a DC 10 Jump check. Doing so counts as 10 feet of movement, so if your speed is 30 feet, you could move 20 feet, then hop up onto a counter. You do not need to get a running start to hop up, so the DC is not doubled if you do not get a running start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q539
    Divine caster is wearing a periapt of wisdom +10 which gives them 2 additional 9th level spell slots they wouldn't normally have. They cast two 9th level spells, then fail their will save to keep the periapt from getting disjoined. When losing the extra spell slots because of their new, lower wisdom score, can they elect to lose the two slots they've already used, or do they have to lose unused slots?
    Last edited by Baphomet; 2012-07-23 at 05:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical View Post
    Will's reading is correct, Curmudgeon, and I actually briefly mulled over how to phrase the question when I originally posted it to avoid this scenario. I apologize for the confusion.
    Okay, so if you want to take an Ur-Priest level at 6, Factotum is your best bet, with Able Learner making it far easier since you can spend your monk skill points 1:1 on Knowledges (you'll have to have had a Factotum level first to remove the cross-class ranks cap).
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-07-23 at 06:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Q534

Can a sorcerer choose to gain/learn a 9th level, may he choose to learn a spell of 8th level or lower? (basically a lower level spell instead of the appropriate higher level spell)
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

A539
    Putting aside how you got the Periapt +10 in the first place (oh epic...), Clerics prepare their spells, including any bonus spells, at a set time of day. Any spells you've already prepared can't be lost with loss of Wisdom. You still must have the requisite Wisdom score to cast the spell you want (in this case 19).

So if you had 28 Wisdom, cast two level 9 spells, and lost 10 Wisdom for some reason, you'd still have your other level 9 spells prepared, but you wouldn't be able to cast them. Then if you cast Owl's Wisdom on yourself later, you'd be able to cast the level 9 spells for the duration.

Reposting Q531
    Spoiler
    Show
    How does Soul of Light (DrM) interact with the Vigor line (SpC)? For instance if a cleric with SoL up casts Mass Lesser Vigor, does everyone targeted by MLV gain Fast Healing 7, or do they immediately heal 6 and then gain fast healing 1 as normal, or does SoL do nothing?
    Last edited by GoodbyeSoberDay; 2012-07-24 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Q534

Can a sorcerer choose to gain/learn a 9th level, may he choose to learn a spell of 8th level or lower? (basically a lower level spell instead of the appropriate higher level spell)
    No, a sorcerer has a number of known spells for each level. Learning a lower one would increase the known spells for the lower level beyond that number and reduce the number of higher level spells.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A539
    I disagree with the previous answer to this question. If you no longer have the wisdom to grant the bonus spell slot, you lose the slot.

If the loss (or removal) of the device results in the loss of 2 9th level spell slots you should determine randomly which slots have disappeared. This means, in the example given, you would have a 50% chance of losing each of the 9th level spells you still have prepared (roll separately).

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q540
    If you have two claw attacks (and only 2 arms) can you wield a one-handed weapon in two hands and still make one claw attack as part of a full attack?

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A540
    Yes, but the claw attack takes the penalty as a secondary attack.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A538 continuation
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    High Jump: A high jump is a vertical leap made to reach a ledge high above or to grasp something overhead. The DC is equal to 4 times the distance to be cleared.
    At first glance this implies a DC12 jump (or 24 without run-up) to jump up 3 feet - but one does not have to go 3 ft up to clear a 3 ft hurdle.
    I think Crasical's reference to hop up is excellent, but the DC seems high!
    So (OK this is not strictly RAW) assuming humanoid and the top of the leg is 2 ft off the ground only 1 ft height is needed (DC 4) but the legs must be swung so they don't hit the hurdle - say a 2 circumstance difficulty adjustment.
    This would be DC 6 with a running start or possibly DC10 without (doubling the 4 but not the 2) which takes up back to the DC10 hop-up. (So much for that being high!)

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

The problem with the high jump is that there is no horizontal movement, which you would need to jump over an obstacle.

14. - Top - End - #1064

Q541

Can Stone Shape be used to entrap individuals? Does it offer a save to do so?

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Q 542

What's the easiest way to keep your full attack after moving 10+ft?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

A 542
    Pounce is the easiest way. You can get it as soon as level 1 with a barbarian variant presented in Complete Champion

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by whibla View Post
    A539*snip*
    Moving the dispute to another thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q 543
    Are there any +1 LA races or templates that grant Telepathy?
    Last edited by Elric VIII; 2012-07-24 at 07:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Q 544
    So I heard there is a wizard variant somewhere that doesn't need a spellbook. Is it true, and where is it?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elric VIII View Post
    Q 543
    A 543: Kalashtar are a +0 LA race from the Eberron Campaign Setting. Naturally psionic, they gain the Mindlink power once per day. This effectively grants you telepathy with one creature for 10 minutes per manifester level, plus one creature per power point spent. Since they also get one power point per character level regardless of class, you effectively gain telepathy with your power and whoever else you choose by level 6.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 545: How can I steal someone else's weapon? I figure I'll have to grapple first, but what's the ruling from there? And if it matters, it's a greatsword
    Last edited by Razanir; 2012-07-24 at 09:51 PM.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A 545

Instead of grappling, try the disarm maneuver. If you do it with an unarmed attack, you automatically get the weapon once you succeed. Otherwise, it lands on the ground.
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2012-07-24 at 10:05 PM.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 544

The Eidetic Spellcaster ACF is in Dragon # 357 on page 89. You don't need a spellbook; instead you use special incense (in place of spellbook special ink) to imprint the spells into your memory. You give up a couple of class features in exchange. Since that's not OGC you'll need to check out the issue yourself for the details.

A 545 additional info

If the weapon is sheathed, a DC 50 Sleight of Hand check will let you filch a weapon if you're at least as large as that weapon. A 2-handed weapon like a greatsword is of the same size as its wielder, so you'd need to be at least as large as your opponent for this skill use.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 2012-07-24 at 10:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 543
    the +0LA race Ghostwise Halflings have an ability called "Speak Without Sound" which is like a limited form of telepathy that they can use with any creature within 20ft of them that shares a language with the halfling.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Repost

Those may have been overlooked:

Q 521

Is the CON damage from a charge attack doubled on a valorous wounding weapon? What about a valorous wounding lance?

Q 522

Is there a cheaper way to get double damage on a charge and CON damage on a weapon than +1 valorous wounding (32k)?

Q 537

Can you take non-actions when you are helpless, paralyzed or otherwise not allowed to take certain actions?

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    A 543: Kalashtar are a +0 LA race from the Eberron Campaign Setting. Naturally psionic, they gain the Mindlink power once per day. This effectively grants you telepathy with one creature for 10 minutes per manifester level, plus one creature per power point spent. Since they also get one power point per character level regardless of class, you effectively gain telepathy with your power and whoever else you choose by level 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by juicycaboose View Post
    the +0LA race Ghostwise Halflings have an ability called "Speak Without Sound" which is like a limited form of telepathy that they can use with any creature within 20ft of them that shares a language with the halfling.

Well, thank you, but I'm specifically looking for Telepathy as a prerequisite for Mindsight and Mindbender/Psion Telepath ACF are not options.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Well, thank you, but I'm specifically looking for Telepathy as a prerequisite for Mindsight and Mindbender/Psion Telepath ACF are not options.
    It's not a race or template, but the Shedu Crown soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum could work with the crown chakra bind. Either two feats (Shape Soulmeld and Open Least Chakra) or two levels and one feat (Incarnate 2 and Shape Soulmeld, or Totemist 2 and Open Least Chakra) should work, though anything but the Incarnate option requires waiting to level 6, which would delay Mindsight to level 9.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Q 546

Can a 3rd level Ranger (14 Wisdom) use a Druidic scroll of Summon Nature's Ally III, and if so, what would caster level check be to use it without mishap??

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    It's not a race or template, but the Shedu Crown soulmeld from Magic of Incarnum could work with the crown chakra bind. Either two feats (Shape Soulmeld and Open Least Chakra) or two levels and one feat (Incarnate 2 and Shape Soulmeld, or Totemist 2 and Open Least Chakra) should work, though anything but the Incarnate option requires waiting to level 6, which would delay Mindsight to level 9.
    It is worth noting that there is some question whether Open Least Chakra actually allows you to perform a chakra bind; the feat as-written may not actually function. Meldshaping classes all have a "number of simultaneous chakra binds allowed" stat which starts at 0, and there's no clarification as to whether that stat is ever anything other than 0 for anyone without enough meldshaper levels to have increased it (2 levels of totemist or incarnate or 8 levels of soulborn). The Open Chakra feats do not explicitly grant an increase to the number of binds allowed; the community generally seems to agree that there's a mistake here, but last I'd heard there isn't a consensus what the mistake is, so what the feat was meant to do and what it actually does are both somewhat up in the air. Be sure to discuss all this with your DM and find out what his/her interpretation is.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 547

Can the Duskblade's Arcane Channel ability be delivered through a trip attack?