New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Marvelous Manual of Monster Class Mania! (3.5 Taking requests)

Ok thanks!
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Marvelous Manual of Monster Class Mania! (3.5 Taking requests)

You're welcome.

Remember, the more critique a class gets, the better it'll end up.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so, read over the Erinyes. I like it a lot overall, but there are some things I think should be gone over.

Skills: Only thing jumping out at me here is that Search should be a class skill if Disable device is a class skill. Since the class is 8 lvl's long, it doesn't need trap finding just cause if they want it they can one level dip a class for it after they've taken there full Erinyes progression. (Or as much as there gonna bother taking anyway. )

Stats: You seem to be trying to make Cha, Con and Str the priority stats for most builds out of this class. Was that a balancing mechanic for some of the more powerful features?

Ability's: The Wish is something you may want to think about again. I can see a player who'd find a way to abuse it. Maybe and infinite XP Loop or something.

I do like the thing with the whip, but just to clarify, the rope does count as a whip when the Erinyes uses it, right? If so, I like the idea of the Erinyes being able to make one that's a custom job some how. Still working on the details for that idea in my head though.

The level cap ability, I think we need to think of something concrete to replace that if your opting to play a good/neutral aligned Erinyes. I know you touched on changes, and I was really, really, REALLY happy to see that since I like playing good guys, but given the nature of that level cap, I think there ought to be something flat provided for if your playing neutral or good with the class that fits that so that if a player brings this to his DM, the DM doesn't sit there and say "No, unless your gonna be evil because I don't want to think of a replacement for the level cap right now that isn't evil."

Maybe something with Imprisoning/sealing away Evil creatures/spirits/souls/ext?
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post

Skills: Only thing jumping out at me here is that Search should be a class skill if Disable device is a class skill. Since the class is 8 lvl's long, it doesn't need trap finding just cause if they want it they can one level dip a class for it after they've taken there full Erinyes progression. (Or as much as there gonna bother taking anyway. )
    Ah, meant to have Search on there.

Stats: You seem to be trying to make Cha, Con and Str the priority stats for most builds out of this class. Was that a balancing mechanic for some of the more powerful features?
    A little. Mostly, I didn't see much else as making sense. They're clearly supposed to be warriors, so they need Strength and Constitution, but they're also supposed to be tempresses, so they need charisma.

Ability's: The Wish is something you may want to think about again. I can see a player who'd find a way to abuse it. Maybe and infinite XP Loop or something.
    Have a better idea? I'm not trying to say this in a condescending manner, because I know it could come off that way, I'm just curious if there's a better way to represent the Wish-granting ability of devils without it being abusable.

I do like the thing with the whip, but just to clarify, the rope does count as a whip when the Erinyes uses it, right?
    Yes. Sorry that that was not clear.

The level cap ability, I think we need to think of something concrete to replace that if your opting to play a good/neutral aligned Erinyes.
    I agree.

I know you touched on changes, and I was really, really, REALLY happy to see that since I like playing good guys, but given the nature of that level cap, I think there ought to be something flat provided for if your playing neutral or good with the class that fits that so that if a player brings this to his DM, the DM doesn't sit there and say "No, unless your gonna be evil because I don't want to think of a replacement for the level cap right now that isn't evil."
    Agree again.

Maybe something with Imprisoning/sealing away Evil creatures/spirits/souls/ext?
    Maybe.

Will try to attend to this (And other stuff) later. Been a little busy lately.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-07-02 at 12:42 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Praetor of Unity (Homebrew Monster)

Note: The following fluff does not apply for a purified Praetor of Unity. Read the spoiler entitled “Adaptation” for more details.

Description and Details:Like many of her faction, The Praetor of Unity has no skin, but is outfitted with cracked, porcelain-like metal over her raw musculature. Her most recognizable characteristic is the set of broad blades of that bonelike metal that sweep back and away from her face. She often has lower-ranked cenobites and suture priests carrying her train and inscribing her utterances.

Adventures: The Praetor of Unity is most likely to adventure for a few different reasons. One would be to find more followers for the machine orthodoxy, often drawing them in with bluffing and diplomacy, corrupting them to the point of no return. Another would be finding things for the materials for the Orthodoxy’s main type of minion, golems. Lastly, they may adventure to kill any Heretics that stand in the way of their goal.

Alignment: The Praetor of Unity is always Lawful Evil.

Religion: Standard praetors have no religion and are completely devoted to serving their own vision of the Perfect Phyrexia. Cured Praetors may worship any god, though most gravitate towards evil ones after being cured.

Ecology/Background: The Praetor of Unity often arises when something is infected with Glistening oil and then steadily growing more and more loyal to the cause of the machine Orthodoxy. The goal of the machine orthodoxy is to free the blessed from the prison of the flesh, and make heretics useful by turning their spare tissues into golems.

Other classes: Unless another being offends the praetor’s sense of morality consistently, a Praetor of Unity will work with just about anybody.

Spoiler
    Show

Pre-requisites: Cannot previously have been an Animal, Construct, Elemental, Ooze, Plant, Undead, Vermin, or anything that has immunity to disease or lacks sapience (Intelligence score of 3 or less).

Favored Class: Marshal
    HD:d10
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1|+1|+2| +0|+2| Praetor body, Smite Heretic, +1 Wisdom
    2|+2|+3| +0|+3| SLAs, Marrow Shards, Praetor's Claws, +1 Charisma
    3|+3|+3| +1|+3| The Radiance of Truth, Blindsense, +1 Wisdom
    4|+4|+4| +1|+4| Pierce Deception, Razor Claws
    5|+5|+4| +1|+4| Porcelain Plating, inexorable will, +1 Charisma
    6|+6|+5| +2|+5| Indomitable Zeal, Tempered Steel,
    7|+7|+5| +2|+5| Perforate, Needle Claws, +1 Wisdom
    8|+8|+6| +2|+6| Domain, Phyrexian Unlife
    9|+9|+6| +3|+6| Decimator Web, Vigilance, +1 Charisma
    10|+10|+7|+3|+7| Tempered Steel, Growth
    11|+11|+7|+3|+7| Phyrexian Skin, Apostle’s Blessing, +1 Wisdom
    12|+12|+8|+4|+8| Due Respect, Exclusion Ritual
    13|+13|+8|+4|+8| Phyrexian Telepathy, Phyrexian Rebirth, +1 Charisma
    14|+14|+9|+4|+9| Monarch of Destiny, banishment Decree
    15|+15|+9|+5|+9| Phyrexian Grace, Life’s finale, +1 Wisdom
    16|+16|+10|+5|+10| Flaying Strike, Domain, Withstand Death
    17|+17|+10|+5|+10| Mutilate, Blindsight, +1 Charisma
    18|+18|+11|+6|+11| Grand Cenobite of the Machine Orthodoxy, Norn’s Annex, +1 Charisma, +1 Wisdom [/table]

4+Int skill points per level.
    Class skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge: (All skills, taken individually), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spot,

Proficiencies: The Praetor of Unity does not gain proficiency with any weapons or armor besides her claws.

Praetor Body: The Praetor of Unity retains all other racial traits and gains Aberration traits, two claw attacks for 1d6+strength modifier damage, and a 30 foot base land speed.

The Praetor's claws count as both natural and manufactured weapons, whichever would be more beneficial at the time. Any feat that affects either can affect her claws, and she can make iterative attacks with her claws. Her claws cannot be sundered.

Additionally, the Praetor of Unity gains a natural armor bonus equal to her Constitution bonus.

Smite Heretic:
    At 1st Level, the Praetor of Unity chooses an alignment (good, evil, chaotic, lawful). The Praetor of Unity may even choose her own alignments. As a swift action, the praetor chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is the chosen alignment, the praetor adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her praetor level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite.

Regardless of the target, smite heretic attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess. If the Praetor targets a creature that is not the chosen alignment, the smite is wasted with no effect.

The praetor can smite an additional time at 7 HD, and every 6 HD from that point on.

At 10 HD, while smite heretic is in effect, the praetor gains a deflection bonus equal to her Wisdom modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite.

Ability score boosts:

The Praetor of Unity Gains +1 Wisdom at level 1, 3,7, 11, 15 and 18 for a total of +6 at level 18, and +1 Charisma at level 2, 5, 9, 13, 17 and 18 for a total of +6 at level 18.

Praetor of Unity SLAs (Su):

Heretics are not worthy to lick your boots, let alone attempt to assualt you. At second level, the Praetor of Unity can cast Sanctuary as an SLA 1/day per HD.

Heretics do not deserve even basic senses like sight and hearing. At Level 4 the Praetor of Unity can cast Blindness/Deafness as an SLA 1/day per 2 HD

A Praetor of Unity has learned to mitigate their lack of proficiency in armor. At level 6, the Praetor of Unity can cast Magic Vestment as an SLA 1/day per 3 HD.

At level 8, the praetor of Unity can now increase the effectiveness of weapons as well. The Praetor of Unity can cast Greater Magic Weapon as an SLA 1/day per 4 HD.

Heretics are ants. You are the boots. It's time to squash those pathetic beings like the insects they are. At Level 10 The Praetor of Unity can cast Righteous Might as an SLA 1/day per 5 HD

It's easier to deal with Heretics when the magic they rely on ceases being useful. At 12th level, the Praetor of Unity can cast Antimagic Field 1/day per 6 HD.

The presence of a Praetor of unity is a shining beacon against enemies. At 14th level, the Praetor of Unity can cast Sunbeam as an SLA 1/day per 7 HD.

At 16th level, the Praetor of Unity can cast Sunburst as an SLA 1/day per 8 HD.

Power is reserved for those who deserve it. Heretics do not, and as such, must have their power taken from them. At level 18 the Praetor of Unity can cast Disjunction as an SLA 1/day per 9 HD

Marrow Shards (Ex):
    At 2nd level, Once every 1d4 rounds as an immediate action in response to being attacked, The Praetor of Unity can unleash a hail of razor-sharp porcelain shards. These shards target all enemies in a 60' cone, dealing 1d6 slashing and piercing damage per 2 HD and imposing a -2 penalty on attacks, saving throws, and skill checks for one round. A reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Wisdom Modifer) Halves the damage but the penalty is unaffected. The being who originally attacked the Praetor of Unity must be included in the attack if possible.

Praetor's Claws: At second level, the Praetor of Unity gains the Two-weapon fighting feat even if she does not meet the pre-requisites. Both her claws count as Light weapons for the purposes of this feat.

At 5th level, the Praetor of Unity gains a +1 Shield bonus to AC. This increases to a +2 shield bonus while fighting defensively or using the total defense action. This does not stack with the two-weapon defense feat line.

At 8th level, the Praetor of Unity gains Improved Two-weapon fighting as a bonus feat even if she does not meet the Pre-requisites.

At 11th level, the Praetor of Unity gains a further +1 Shield bonus to AC, and her bonus while fighting defensively or using the total defense action becomes +4. This does not stack with the two-weapon defense feat line.

At 14th level, the Praetor of Unity gains Greater Two-weapon Fighting as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the pre-requisites.

At 17th level, the Praetor of Unity gains a further +1 Shield Bonus to AC, and her bonus while fighting defensively or using the Total defense action becomes +6. This does not stack with the two-weapon defense feat line.

At 20th level, the Praetor of Unity gains Perfect Two-weapon fighting as a bonus feat even if she does not meet the pre-requisites.

The Radiance of Truth (Su): At third Level, The Praetor of Unity becomes an inspiring beacon to her allies. While Within 10 feet per HD of The Praetor of Unity they gain a +1 Profane Bonus to their Strength, Dexterity and Constitution. This bonus increases by an additional +1 for every 3 HD The Praetor of Unity gains from this point. The Praetor can affect only one ally with this ability for every 3 HD she has, until 15 HD when this limitation goes away.

When Due Respect is gained, The Radiance of Truth’s effects can immediately be used in conjunction with it.

This aura can be activated as a standard action, and deactivated as a free action. This aura cannot be used in Conjunction with Decimator Web, Life's Finale, Norn's Annex, or Tempered Steel.

Blindsense (Ex): At third level, the Praetor of Unity has Blindsense out to 30 feet.

At 8th level, the blindsense range increases to 60 feet.

At 13th level, the range of blindsense increases to 90 feet.

Pierce Deception (Ex): Beginning at the 4th class level, the Praetor of Unity gains a racial bonus on her sense motive score equal to her hit dice.

Beginning at the 14th class level, the Praetor of Unity has a constant "True Seeing" effect on her as per the spell. This portion of the ability is a supernatural effect.

Beginning at the 20 HD, the praetor of Unity see through all deception. The Praetor of unity cannot be convinced of a life, a half-truth, or a lie of omission. If any of these occur within a praetor of Unity's presence, she sees through them immediately.

Razor Claws: At 4th level, The Praetor of Unity’s Claws grow Sharper, upgrading from 1d6 to 1d8. This upgrade happens again at 12th level boosting it to 2d6, and 20 HD boosting it to 3d6. This does not factor in any size category boosts The Praetor of Unity may have.

At 8th Level, The Praetor of Unity’s Claws are treasted as if they have the Ghost Touch Enchantment, but this does not contribute to her enhancement bonus total.

Lastly, her claws are treated as Lawful and magic for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. At 10th level, they are like adamantine, bypassing hardness of less than 20, and bypassing DR/Adamantine.

Porcelain Plating: At 5th level, The Praetor of Unity is no longer subject to Critical hits, or death by massive damage.

Inexorable Will (Ex):
    Starting at 5th class level, The Praetor of Unity becomes immune to compulsion effects.

At 10th level, the Praetor of Unity becomes immune to Mind-affecting effects

At 15th level, the praetor of Unity becomes immune to stunning and paralysis.

Indomitable zeal (Ex):
    Starting at 6th level, The Praetor of Unity’s conviction further strengthens her body. The Praetor of unity becomes immune to Fatigue, Exhaustion, Poison and Disease, even magical diseases such as mummy rot. Additionally, The Praetor of Unity gains the Endurance and Diehard feats.

Tempered Steel (Su): At 6th level, The Praetor of Unity’s mere presence seems to make the blades of her allies grow sharper. While within 10 feet per HD of The Praetor of Unity, her allies’ weapons deal extra damage as if their size category had been increased by one. This bonus increases every 6 HD, and only applies to manufactured weapons. The Praetor of Unity can only affect one ally per 3 HD until 15 HD when this limitation goes away.

At 12th level, the Enhancement bonus of her allies’ weapons is increased by +1 per 6 HD. This cannot boost a weapon’s enhancement bonus above +5.

At 18th level, the Enhancement bonus of her allies’ armor is increased by +1 Per 6 HD. This bonus applies against incorporeal attacks.

When Life’s Finale is gained, Tempered Steel’s effects are added to it.

This aura can be activated as a Standard action and deactivated as a free action. This aura cannot be used in conjunction with Due Respect, The Radiance of Truth, Decimator Web, or Norn's Annex.

Perforate (Su): At 7th level, The Praetor of Unity’s ‘Marrow’ Shards become active rather than just Reactive. As a standard action once every 1d4 rounds, The Praetor of Unity can unleash shards of ‘Marrow’ at her enemies in either a 60 foot line with a range that is increased by 10 feet per HD, or a 30 foot cone with a range that is increased by 5 foot per HD (So, 130 and 65 at this level respectively). This is a cloud of shards dealing 1d6 piercing damage for each HD, and a Reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier) for half.

Needle Claws: The Praetor of Unity is consistently making her claws sharper and more likely to pierce her enemy’s defenses. At 7th level, The Praetor of Unity’s claws have a critical hit range of 19-20 and a critical hit modifier of x3

At 17th level, The Praetor of Unity’s claws have a critical hit range of 18-20 and a critical hit modifier of x4

Domain (Su):
    At levels 8 and 16 The Praetor of Unity chooses one domain from the following: Lawful, Evil, and Protection. From that point onward, she can cast each spell from that domain once a day as long as she has HD equal to twice the spell's level. Additionally, the Balance, Humility and Retribution domains are available. She does not gain the granted power of any domain.

Phyrexian Unlife(Ex):Breathing, sleeping, eating, such things are weaknesses of heretics not fit for a Praetor of Unity. At 8th level, the Praetor of Unity no longer needs to eat, breathe or sleep. Additionally, they're immune to magical sleep effects.

Decimator Web (Su): The very air around the Praetor of unity seems to weaken her enemies. At 9th level, The Praetor of Unity Gains another Aura. All enemies standing within the ‘web’ take 1 strength damage at the end of each of their turns. The Decimator web covers an area out to 10 feet per HD.

When Norn’s Annex is gained, Decimator Web’s Effects can immediately be used in conjunction with it.

This aura can be activated as a Standard Action and deactivated as a free action. This aura cannot be used in conjunction with Due Respect, The Radiance of Truth, Life's Finale, or Tempered Steel.

This increases to 2 strength damage at 19 HD.

This aura can be activated as a Standard action and de-activated as a free action.

Vigilance (Ex): The element of surprise? The Praetor of unity scoffs at such methods of heretics. At 9th level, The Praetor of Unity gains a racial skill bonus to listen, search and spot equal to half her HD. Additionally, she gains a bonus to intiative equal to her wisdom modifier.

Tempered Steel (Ex):
    At 10th Level, the Praetor of Unity's claws grow more horrifying. The Praetor's claws deal piercing damage as well as slashing, and ignore the first 5 points of damage reduction bypassed by bludgeoning.

At 15 HD, they ignore the first 10 points of damage that would be bypassed by bludgeoning damage, and her claws are treated as all types of metal for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction.

At 20 HD, the praetor determines how to swing their claws to bypass damage reduction bludgeoning entirely.

Growth (Ex): At 10th Level, The Praetor of Unity may grow another size category, usually to large size. Her AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills Change accordingly, but she doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Phyrexian Skin (Ex):
    At 11th level, The Praetor of Unity’s flesh (What’s left of it anyway) Hardens, along with her conviction. The Praetor of Unity gains DR/- equal to half her HD, and Spell Resistance equal to her HD+11

Apostle’s Blessing (Ex): Death and injury is for Heretics, not the Praetor of Unity. At 11th Level, The Praetor of Unity is Immune to ability damage, ability drain, Death Magic, and Magical Death Effects.

Due Respect (Su):
    Respect means a lot to the Praetor of Unity, though when she’s on the battlefield, it’s far more likely her enemies will fear her than respect her. At 12th Level, The Praetor of Unity’s Aura becomes detrimental to her enemies as well as benefitting her allies. As long as her enemies are within 10 feet per HD, they take a -1 Profane Penalty to all physical ability scores per 3 HD.

This aura can be activated as a Standard action and deactivated as a free action. This aura cannot be used in conjunction with Decimator web, Life's finale, Tempered Steel, or Norn's Annex.

Exclusion Ritual (Su): The Praetor of Unity has developed her skills to be able to deal with the magic of heretics, and those who would oppose the Machine Orthodoxy. At 12th Level, The Praetor of Unity can cast Greater Dispel Magic 1/day per 4 HD.

At 20 HD, The Praetor of Unity may expend 5 uses of this ability to cast Superb Dispelling instead.

Phyrexian Telepathy(Su):
    At 13th level, the Praetor of Unity gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD. It's much easier to convince heretics to become one of the blessed when language stops being a barrier.

Additionally, she gains the Mindsight feat for free.

Phyrexian Rebirth: At 13th Level, the Praetor of Unity has two options to choose from, in order to aid the process of creating the perfect Phyrexia.

Some prefer to be on the front lines, infecting and 'persuading' enemies to join their side. Such praetors claws and any other natural weapons they may have now spread glistening oil to any creature they attack.

Others prefer to strike terror in their enemies with their seeming indestructibility. The praetor heals 1 point of damage per HD every hour rather than every day. Nonlethal damage heals at a rate of 1 per HD every 5 minutes. If the Praetor would lose any body part, they regenerate as per the spell (1 round if held to the stump, 2d10 rounds otherwise). This can be negated by decapitating the praetor, and suppressed for a round by dealing divine damage, or damage from a weapon with the 'holy' enchantment (Or similar magic).

At level 18, even taking the praetor's head is not sufficient, and only divine damage or damage from a weapon with the 'holy' enchantment (or similar magic) can keep a praetor down for good.

Monarch of Destiny (Su): At 14th level, The Praetor of unity gains yet another Aura. While active, each ally within 10 feet gains a +1 luck bonus to all rolls per 3 HD. An ally can at any time dismiss this bonus for the rest of the encounter to re-roll any die after it's been rolled and success or failure has been determined. When the re-roll is used outside of combat, they cannot benefit from this aura again until the next short rest.

Activating this aura is a standard action, and de-activating it is a free action.

This aura cannot be used in conjunction with any other aura.

Banishment Decree (Su): There are three uses for this ability.

The first is used on a Praetor's underlings. Any who would displease the Praetor are thrown from her presence forever. At-will, the Praetor of Unity can banish a creature with the Phyrexian template. This can be resisted by a successful will-save (DC 10+1/2 HD+the praetor's Wisdom modifier) and the creature becomes immune to this ability for 24 hours on a successful save. If the save is failed, they are banished to a hostile realm of the Praetor's choosing, and dimensionally locked (as per the spell) for 24 hours.

The second is used on a praetor's enemies. This function as the the spell planeshift, can be resisted by a successful will-save (10+1/2 HD+Wisdom modifier), and can be used 1/day per 7 HD.

The last is used only in the most dire of circumstances. Occasionally, a praetor is caught in a position from whence there is no escape, and they decide the Great Work is more important than they. The Praetor chooses a number of creatures up to her HD, and they are teleported as per greater teleport, or shunted to another plane as per plane-shift. They may resist this portion of the ability with a successful will save (10+1/2 HD+Wisdom modifier).

All creatures remaining in an area equal to 10 feet per HD of the Praetor take profane damage equal to twice the Praetor's hit points. Any creature reduced to 0 HP or fewer is destroyed utterly, even outsiders not on their home plane. Use of this part of the ability invariably kills the praetor, and they can only be restored to life by the spell Miracle, Wish, or similar magic.

Phyrexian Grace (Su):
    At 15th Level, The Praetor of Unity adds her Charisma modifier to all saving throws. This ability does not stack with Divine Grace or anything Divine Grace doesn't stack with.

Life’s Finale (Su): At 15th level, even standing near The Praetor of Unity is a good way to get yourself killed. While an enemy stands within 10 feet per HD of The Praetor of Unity, their regeneration and fast healing are negated. If an enemy would die while its regeneration is negated, it simply stays dead. Additionally, while within the aura, nothing, including The Praetor of Unity and her allies, can gain HP.

This aura can be activated as a Standard action and de-activated as a free action. This aura cannot be used in Conjunction with Due Respect, the Radiance of Truth, Decimator Web, or Norn's Annex.

Flaying Strike (Ex):
    At 16th level, The Praetor of Unity's claws are particularly vicious, tearing through armor like parchment, and rending the body. She makes all attacks with her claws as melee touch attacks.

Withstand Death (Ex): At 16th level, the Praetor of Unity becomes immune to Non-lethal Damage, Negative Energy Damage, and Energy drain.

Mutilate(Su): At 17th level, The Praetor of Unity’s ability to impale enemies with her marrow shards further increases. As a standard action she can unleash a wave of Marrow shards with a range of 5 feet per HD, targeting all enemies around her. This cloud of razor sharp shards deals 1d6 damage per 4 HD and each being hit by the shards takes a -1 penalty to their saves, attack rolls, AC and skills for each 5 HD The Praetor of Unity possesses. A Reflex Save (DC 10+1/2HD+Wisdom modifier) halves the damage and negates the penalty.

Blindsight (Ex): At 17th level, The Praetor of Unity has Blindsight out to 120 feet.

Norn’s Annex (Su): At 18th level, The Praetor of Unity gains her last aura. The area around the Praetor of Unity becomes extremely difficult to traverse for any enemy. While within 10 feet per HD of The Praetor of Unity, all enemy speeds are halved, rounded down. Additionally, creatures cannot teleport into or out of the area, all supernatural movement speeds are negated and flying creatures in the aura immediately fall.

This ability cannot be negated by Freedom of Movement.

This aura can be activated as a Standard action and de-activated as a free action. Norn's Annex cannot be used in conjunction with Due Respect, Life's Finale, Tempered Steel, or the Radiance of Truth.

Grand Cenobite of the Machine Orthodoxy (Ex):
    The Praetor of Unity’s ascension to the ranks of machines is complete. At 18th level, The Praetor of Unity becomes immune to all effects that would require a fortitude save unless they also affect objects. Additionally, The Praetor of Unity’s Constitution score becomes non-existent. Anything modified by Constitution (Such as Skills, Saves, HP Bonus, Natural Armor Bonus, ETC.) are now modified by her Wisdom instead.

Adaptation

Spoiler
    Show

If a player wants to play an Alternate Alignment, they should choose what their main alignment will be as soon as they take this class (Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic). At that point, Change the abilities as appropriate. I can go into more detail if it's deemed necessary.

A standard Praetor of Unity would serve Phyrexia, and as such would be Lawful Evil. If Phyrexia does not exist in the setting (And most of the time it won't), that, and the previously mentioned fluff become moot.

The Praetor of Unity was made so as not to require the existence of Phyrexia in a setting, and to not need to serve Phyrexia in any way, shape, or form if a player wants to play a good or chaotic version.

If Phyrexia does exist in the setting, and a player still wants to play a good/chaotic/whatever else Praetor of Unity, simply assume the Praetor was purified, and is no longer being mind-raped by the Glistening oil.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant to do Lillend first, especially since Metahuman has been wanting me to for a while, but this was just more appealing. Will try to get to the Lillend next.

The Praetor of Unity is meant to be a few different things. She has high AC and defenses because the idea is for her to draw fire a bit. She's meant to function a little as a tank due to her debilitating and enhancing auras that will make enemies want to take her out of the fight first.

The Praetor of Unity is the leader of a cult referred to as "The Machine Orthodoxy" by themselves. The cult preaches being let loose from the prison of the flesh, and often grafts metal and machine parts onto themselves. Heretics who refuse to join the Orthodoxy are killed to have their spare tissues used for the creation of such things as Porcelain Legionnaires.

I also apologize that it's not an official monster, but I just had a neat idea that I think makes for a rather unique class, so I thought I'd make it anyway.

Trying to get back into this. Been busy lately with college stuff.

Credit Where Credit is Due
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lot of abilities were taking from Surrealistik's Paladin with his permission.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Changed Marrow Shards to specify it requires the enemy originally attacking be in the area.

Removed Forgery from the skill list.

Clarified that Perforate is a standard action.

Clarified stuff with the auras.

Standardized the Proficiencies.

Specified that enemies don't get a surprise round against her.

Allowed her to teleport to places she can't see.

Added Fluff to the SLAs

Tried fixing fluff on Phyrexian Unlife.

Added party member limits to Tempered Steel and The Radiance of Truth.

Tried to make the claws more competitive.

Added the Two-weapon fighting line.

Changed Blindsight and Life-sight to level 8.

Changed the Teleport speed to Level 13.

Put Perforate at level 7.

Put Phyrexian Aegis at level 13.

Changed Knowledge:(Any) to Knowledge: (All Skill, taken individually) which is the standard version.

Added "Monarch of Destiny"

Removed Phyrexian Aegis

Added Phyrexian Telepathy

Removed Greater Smite Heretic

Added Pierce deception

Removed Detect Heretic

Specified that the Phyrexian Grace ability doesn't stack with Divine Grace or anything Divine Grace doesn't stack with.

Removed Smite Heretic.

Changed Norn's Annex to "This ability cannot be negated by Freedom of Movement"

Added Extreme Paranoia

Removed Lifesense, it seemed a bit much and just added bookkeeping for the DM.

Changed the Haste and Wall of Stone SLAs to Magic Vestment and Greater Magic Weapon.

Changed the Banishment and Destruction SLAS to Sunbeam and Sunburst.

Moved Righteous Might to 10th level instead of 12th. Replaced Cloudkill with Antimagic field and moved it to 12th.

Replaced Energy Drain SLA with Disjunction.

Changed True Conviction and Scouring Light to both be per day abilities instead of at-will and per encounter.

Changed Mutilate to only target enemies.

Removed Scouring Light as an ability, replaced with Tempered Steel.

Changed favored class to Marshal.

Altered Monarch of Destiny to be a luck bonus to rolls, and a re-roll. Seemed less ridiculous than all nearby enemies having disadvantage.

Removed the speed enchantment from the claws as it seemed a little over the top.

Removed Extreme Paranoia, put in Smite Heretic as per the Pathfinder Paladin ability, but a bit lesser. Put the Wisdom bonus to initiative in Vigilance instead.

Removed True Conviction, moved Inexorable Will down to 5th level and spread its benefits out.

Added the Ability Banishment Decree to 14th level.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2021-05-25 at 12:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

I greatly approve of this class. I've seen several phyrexian homebrews, but a monster class is a new idea. Will you be doing any other praetors?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    I greatly approve of this class. I've seen several phyrexian homebrews, but a monster class is a new idea. Will you be doing any other praetors?
    Only other two I've seen stat-blocks for are Urubrask, and Jin-Gitaxias. Urubrask could be quite interesting, but I don't think there's anything I could do with Jin-Gitaxias. If I saw a stat-block for Sheoldred I might give her a shot, but haven't seen one of her, so Urubrask is the only one I'm considering at the moment.

I mainly wanted to use this for a villain in a campaign I'm running, which is why I wanted to get it out there.

8. - Top - End - #338

I would like to add that it seems quite powerful, with several of the abilities almost worryingly so. Decimator web is the first that comes to mind. AoE saveless ability damage to all who come near at lvl 9 is kind of good. Really good. All of the auras are quite powerful, especially when stacked. Perhaps make so you can only have 1 at a time, with a high-level ability letting you have 2?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

I would like to add that it seems quite powerful, with several of the abilities almost worryingly so. Decimator web is the first that comes to mind. AoE saveless ability damage to all who come near at lvl 9 is kind of good. Really good. All of the auras are quite powerful, especially when stacked. Perhaps make so you can only have 1 at a time, with a high-level ability letting you have 2?
    That was the idea, though I guess I didn't mention you could only have one up at a time clearly enough. You're only supposed to be able to have two up at once, and only in conjunction with one specific other one (Norn's Annex with Decimator web, Tempered Steel with Life's finale, and Due Respect with The Radiance of Truth).

Decimator web I could try and make weaker. Maybe just allow a save for the damage?

EDIT: Clarified the auras a bit better.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-08-07 at 04:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340

Yeah, I had no idea that the auras were supposed to be exclusive. And yeah, web desperately needs a save.

<edit>Maybe there should just be an 'Auras' ability at first level that dictates how the activation of auras works, as well as which ones can be combined.
    Last edited by radmelon; 2012-08-07 at 05:20 PM.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I had no idea that the auras were supposed to be exclusive. And yeah, web desperately needs a save.
    Alright, I added a save to Web.

Is there anything else you think needs to be done?

12. - Top - End - #342

• Adventures flavor text is a touch too narrow.
    • Forgery & Gather Information feel out of place on the skill list.
    • If it's a template/prestige monster class, proficiencies should include 'plus what it knows from its previous existence' if it's not overwritten.
    • Detect Evil refers to 'the paladin's wisdom modifier'.
    • Not a huge fan of per encounter abilities. Not a huge fan of smite as written, either (referring to Smite Heretic here). There's room for more flexible stuff.
    • The SLAs seem sorta off target. From sanctuary to wall of stone to blindness/deafness. It's a bit 'all over the place'. Flavor text to explain the choices might be ideal.
    • Perhaps marrow shards should be forced to include the attacking enemy in the area?
    • Radiance of Truth is pretty powerful. Those bonuses add up fast if you've got, say, 4 trained riding dogs with you and 3 other party members. Consider that you're granting roughly 6000g worth of benefits to each of your party members within 60' at level 6.
    • The claws are fairly unimpressive until very late level, when they're barely viable as a weapon any more.
    • As I get to True Conviction, I'm not loving the plethora of stuff that works 'vs good'. Would it be possible for every reference to 'good' to be to 'heretics' instead, where a heretic is someone of an opposing alignment to one's god?
    • I almost feel like the protection against good effect with the light should switch places with the stat buffs (which would still need to be adjusted).
    • The auras are pretty powerful, and tempered steel's benefits add up pretty fast if you've got a retinue of followers/animals to stack up the effects. I'd consider making it party member only or (as an incentive to attack her & fitting her role as a war leader/tank) perhaps the aura shuts down for one round if she fails a saving throw or if she takes attack damage? Perhaps refreshed if she attacks someone with her claws? This could then be reduced as she gains levels, until it goes away at the higher levels where balance goes out the window anyways.
    • Phyrexian Aegis is pretty powerful with the fat wisdom bonus she gets. I'd put it a few levels higher or reduce the effect by ˝ and increase it up to 1x after a bit.
    • The teleport could maybe be reduced to 5' per 2HD. That's... pretty potent mobility at 8th.
    • I disagree with the other guy - I like Decimator Web. It won't have a grave effect over the course of a battle, but it adds up and it's incentive to remove her from the field.
    • Should probably specify what immunity to surprise means. Does it mean she acts in the surprise round or does it mean that enemies never get a surprise round against her (or her allies, who happen to be there?)
    • Phyrexian skin comes a bit late, I suspect. Not a huge deal.
    • Should state what kind of action Perforate is and how often it can be performed.
    • Blindsight & Lifesense come rather late.
    • Mutilate appears so soon after Perforate on the ability list that it feels redundant.
    • Flavor text on Phyrexian Unlife feels a bit off target.
    • Norn's Annex should state earlier in the description that it's an aura.

Don't take my list of criticisms as me saying it's bad. I like it. It's flavorful. Pretty darn good, and I'd almost join a game to play one.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    Adventures flavor text is a touch too narrow.
    will try to fix later.

Forgery & Gather Information feel out of place on the skill list.
    I'll remove forgery, but I still feel like Gather Information fits.
    If it's a template/prestige monster class, proficiencies should include 'plus what it knows from its previous existence' if it's not overwritten.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Changed it to be more standardized.
    Detect Evil refers to 'the paladin's wisdom modifier'.
    Edited.

Not a huge fan of per encounter abilities. Not a huge fan of smite as written, either (referring to Smite Heretic here). There's room for more flexible stuff.
    Alright. Any particular suggestions for a new idea?
    The SLAs seem sorta off target. From sanctuary to wall of stone to blindness/deafness. It's a bit 'all over the place'. Flavor text to explain the choices might be ideal.
    Alright, I've given it a bit of a shot.
    Perhaps marrow shards should be forced to include the attacking enemy in the area?
    Makes sense. Edited that in.
    Radiance of Truth is pretty powerful. Those bonuses add up fast if you've got, say, 4 trained riding dogs with you and 3 other party members. Consider that you're granting roughly 6000g worth of benefits to each of your party members within 60' at level 6.
    True. Think the aura should be weakened, or just be made more narrow?
    The claws are fairly unimpressive until very late level, when they're barely viable as a weapon any more.
    Alright. What would you suggest I do to make them better?
    As I get to True Conviction, I'm not loving the plethora of stuff that works 'vs good'. Would it be possible for every reference to 'good' to be to 'heretics' instead, where a heretic is someone of an opposing alignment to one's god?
    I could try, though it might take me a while to get all of that edited.

I almost feel like the protection against good effect with the light should switch places with the stat buffs (which would still need to be adjusted).
    Not entirely sure what you're saying here.

The auras are pretty powerful, and tempered steel's benefits add up pretty fast if you've got a retinue of followers/animals to stack up the effects. I'd consider making it party member only or (as an incentive to attack her & fitting her role as a war leader/tank) perhaps the aura shuts down for one round if she fails a saving throw or if she takes attack damage? Perhaps refreshed if she attacks someone with her claws? This could then be reduced as she gains levels, until it goes away at the higher levels where balance goes out the window anyways.
    Would making it, and The Radiance of Truth "Party Member only" (While specifying what that means) make them more balanced?

Phyrexian Aegis is pretty powerful with the fat wisdom bonus she gets. I'd put it a few levels higher or reduce the effect by ˝ and increase it up to 1x after a bit.
    Alright. May end up putting it a bit higher depending on what else gets switched around. Otherwise, I'll end up leaving it where it is, and maybe reducing the bonus a little.

The teleport could maybe be reduced to 5' per 2HD. That's... pretty potent mobility at 8th.
    Alright. Changed it.

I disagree with the other guy - I like Decimator Web. It won't have a grave effect over the course of a battle, but it adds up and it's incentive to remove her from the field.
    Aaaand Decimator Web has been changed back.

[*]Should probably specify what immunity to surprise means. Does it mean she acts in the surprise round or does it mean that enemies never get a surprise round against her (or her allies, who happen to be there?)
    Specified.
    Phyrexian skin comes a bit late, I suspect. Not a huge deal.
    It comes about the same time as it does on things like dragons, so I figured it made sense there.
    Should state what kind of action Perforate is and how often it can be performed.
    Fixed.

Blindsight & Lifesense come rather late.
    Where would you suggest putting them?

Mutilate appears so soon after Perforate on the ability list that it feels redundant.
    Alright. So, what would you suggest? There are a couple different avenues I could go towards fixing that, and I'd like your input.

Flavor text on Phyrexian Unlife feels a bit off target.
    Tried fixing
    Norn's Annex should state earlier in the description that it's an aura.
    Okay. Tried fixing.
    Don't take my list of criticisms as me saying it's bad. I like it. It's flavorful. Pretty darn good, and I'd almost join a game to play one.
    Glad to hear it.

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Alright. Any particular suggestions for a new idea?
    I think detect good and smite would be serviced by a more flavor-targeted approach, rather than a cloning of paladin abilities.

Smite Heretic - The Praetor of Unity serves the machine orthodoxy, and those who would stand in the way of this mission are Heretics. To be a Heretic, an opponent must explicitly oppose her task (rather than indirectly getting in her way), they must have an especially potent good alignment or they must be both good aligned and living.

True. Think the aura should be weakened, or just be made more narrow?
    I'd weaken the effect.

Alright. What would you suggest I do to make them better?
    We discussed this by IM, but she could apply some debuff on hit if you want to make her more of a melee bruiser, or if you want to just give her something to do in combat without making her horrifically powerful, she could refresh her resources (every 3 melee hits over time, she may refresh X spell levels of SLAs she's already cast that day? Or regain a smite?)

Would making it, and The Radiance of Truth "Party Member only" (While specifying what that means) make them more balanced?
    Potentially. Maybe limit it to X individuals nearby?

Aaaand Decimator Web has been changed back.
    I should note I liked it as written. Wasn't aware you'd changed it from something.

Where would you suggest putting them?
    Earlier level. I'd encourage making other changes and seeing if, when shuffling things around, you find an opening to slot these in.

Alright. So, what would you suggest? There are a couple different avenues I could go towards fixing that, and I'd like your input.
    One could go at an earlier level, and another ability could be pushed to a later point. Teleport is an ability that should be moved to later, while Perforate could be bumped down a few levels. You could almost switch them around (or something close to that, shuffling abilities around some.)

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    I think detect good and smite would be serviced by a more flavor-targeted approach, rather than a cloning of paladin abilities.
    Alright.

Smite Heretic - The Praetor of Unity serves the machine orthodoxy, and those who would stand in the way of this mission are Heretics. To be a Heretic, an opponent must explicitly oppose her task (rather than indirectly getting in her way), they must have an especially potent good alignment or they must be both good aligned and living.
    Alright. I'll see what I can do to make it more flavorful.

I'd weaken the effect.
    Alright. Though, I feel like doing both this, and limiting it to a certain number of individuals, nerfs it to the point where it becomes just an okay ability.

We discussed this by IM, but she could apply some debuff on hit if you want to make her more of a melee bruiser, or if you want to just give her something to do in combat without making her horrifically powerful, she could refresh her resources (every 3 melee hits over time, she may refresh X spell levels of SLAs she's already cast that day? Or regain a smite?)
    I initially had each attack with her claws also deal constitution damage at one point (I think it was 8th level), but was worried about how well-balanced that would be. The only problem I see with some sort of debuff with her claws is how quickly it could end up adding up.

I could maybe add enhancement bonuses to the claws? I could also make them both manufactured and natural weapons, which I think could be sufficient to make them a lot better, since it gives you iteratives. The two-weapon fighting line as bonus feats would also make sense if I were to do that.

Potentially. Maybe limit it to X individuals nearby?
    Seems like doing this with both of them (To me anyway) could be sufficient for balancing the boosts.

I should note I liked it as written. Wasn't aware you'd changed it from something.
    I changed it from no save to a save, and then changed it back to no save when you said you didn't think it needed a save.

Earlier level. I'd encourage making other changes and seeing if, when shuffling things around, you find an opening to slot these in.
    Okay.

One could go at an earlier level, and another ability could be pushed to a later point. Teleport is an ability that should be moved to later, while Perforate could be bumped down a few levels. You could almost switch them around (or something close to that, shuffling abilities around some.)
    Alright, I'll shuffle things around a bit when I get the chance, and see how things pan out.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-08-09 at 01:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, a general update followed by updates and comments on the Praetor of Unity.

Standardized the Knowledge skills on classes. I was looking over the Bard for a campaign, and the knowledge was supposed to be "All skills, taken individually" rather than "Any"

• I was turning the class into a villain for a Skype game I'm running, and I think Phyrexian Aegis probably needs to be dropped like a bad habit. Any ideas for a good passive ability to replace it?
    • Changed the Praetor's claws into both Natural and Manufactured weapons, and made them considered "Light" so they can be used in Two-weapon fighting, a line of feats which she gets for free the further in the class one goes.
    • Limited her beneficial auras a little more, at least until much higher levels.
    • Changed Blindsight and Lifesense to level 8 where the Teleporting used to be.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-08-15 at 11:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Okay everybody, just a heads up. According to This announcement, We're not allowed to use any copyrighted images we don't have the holder's permission for.

I'm not sure what the status is on any of the WotC pictures, but I know for a fact I don't have the copyright holder's permission for most of my pictures, and it's against board rules to do this apparently, so I'm going through my classes and purging them of their current pictures.

If anybody would like to do their own picture for a class and let me use it, that'd be fantastic, but otherwise, I think I'm going through this picture-less from now on.

Sorry, been rather busy so I haven't been able to work on much new. I don't even have the time for DMing PbPs any longer.

18. - Top - End - #348

Well, you could always ask the artist for permission, in my experience they usually say yes.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you could always ask the artist for permission, in my experience they usually say yes.
    Well, the problem is, I have to track down the artist and such for every single picture. I've got a little over twenty monster classes done, and that is going to be a pain. I'd probably need to hire a copyright lawyer to determine exactly who I need to ask for permission on the WotC stuff since I can't ask here (Giving or asking for legal advice is against the rules after all). The problem is, I can't actually do that since I don't have the money.

As a more relevant side note, I'm going to try and get one monster class done before the month is over, and start attending to several requests. I get a lunch break at my job so I can work on them a little then. I've also got several things I want to do in addition to the requests, some of them custom, most of them traditional WotC stuff (Though, some templates being made like the half-dragon again so I don't shoehorn in stuff into just a few levels, and a class isn't screwed over by taking it).
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-23 at 10:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Lillend (Monster manual/SRD.)

Favored Class: Bard

HD:d10
    Spoiler
    Show
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1|+1| +2| +0| +2| Lillend Body, Bardic Casting, Bardic Music, Improved Unarmed Strike
    2|+2| +3| +0| +3| Lullaby, Lillend SLAs
    3|+3| +3| +1| +3| Artisan, Glide, +1 Charisma
    4|+4| +4| +1| +4| Change Shape, Tongues, Improved Grapple
    5|+5| +4| +1| +4| Dirge, Resistance/Immunity
    6|+6| +5| +2| +5| Growth, Flight, +1 Charisma
    7|+7| +5| +2| +5|Musical Muse, Improved Grab, Constrict, Musical Muse[/table]

6+Int skill points per level, Quadruple at first level. Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft (All skills taken individually), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (All skills taken individually), Listen, Perform (All skills taken individually), Profession (All skills taken Individually Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Proficiencies:
    A Lillend is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor, but not shields.

Lillend Body (Ex):
    At first level, a Lillend loses all other racial traits and gains outsider traits, 20 foot base land speed, darkvision 60 feet, and a Primary tail slap attack that deals 2d6+strength modifier damage. She also has wings but they’re too weak to do anything for now.

She also has a natural armor bonus equal to her Constitution modifier.

Bardic Casting:
    A Lillend may cast spells as if she were a bard of a level equal to her Lillend level. A Lillend that multiclasses to Bard stacks her spellcasting with any bard levels. This casting is considered arcane casting for all purposes.

Bardic Music (Su):
    A Lillend’s Bardic Music advances at the same amount as an equal level bard, except she only knows Inspire Courage. A lillend who wishes to learn other forms of Bardic Music unrelated to this class must take the requisite number of bard levels (Example: A Lillend who has 7 levels of Lillend must still take 9 levels of Bard to gain Inspire Greatness.)

Improved Unarmed Strike: At first level the Lillend gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.

Lullaby (Su):
    At second level, the Lillend can attempt to use her music to put a monster to sleep. This ability can be used to affect 1 monster at first level, an additional 1 at five HD, and a further 1 for every five HD after that. In order to be affected, the monster has to be able to hear the Lillend, and must have no more HD than twice the Lillend’s own. This is a mind-affecting effect. The saving throw for this ability is equal to 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier
    Dirge (Su):
    A Lillend with 3 or more ranks in a perform skill can use song or poetics to ignite fear in her enemies, weakening them against fear and decreasing their combat abilities. To be affected, an enemy must be able to hear the Lillend sing. The effect lasts for as long as the enemy hears the Lillend sing and for 5 rounds thereafter. An affected enemy receives a morale penalty against fear effects and a morale penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls. The penalty is equal to her Inspire courage bonus. Dirge is a mind-affecting ability.

Lillend SLAs (Su): Beginning at level 2, the Lillend becomes capable of casting a certain number of SLAs per day.

Level 2: Color Spray 1/day per HD

Level 4: Blur, Mirror Image 1/day per 2 HD

Level 6: Displacement, Hold Person 1/day per 3 HD

8 HD: Phantasmal Killer, Hallucinatory terrain 1/day per 4 HD

10 HD: Mirage Arcana, Waves of Fatigue 1/day per 5 HD

12 HD: Veil, Hold Monster 1/day per 6 HD

14 HD: Waves of Exhaustion, Hold Person Mass 1/day per 7 HD

16 HD: Irresistible Dance, Scintillating pattern 1/day per 8 HD

18 HD: Hold Monster Mass 1/day per 9 HD

Artisan (Ex):
    At 3rd level, the Lillend gains one skill rank in every skill which is treated as a "Trained" rank for the purposes of things like knowledge skills. This doe not affect what is or isn't a class skill for a Lillend. This cannot increase a skills ranks above their maximum.

Alternatively, the Lillend gains a bonus to one profession or performance skill of her choice, Appraise, and one Craft skill all equal to half her HD. The player must make their choice at third level and this choice cannot be changed after.

Additionally, The Lillend's levels stack with Bard levels for the purpose of Bardic Knowledge and Bardic Knack.

Glide (Ex):
    A Lillend can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Lillends glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a Lillend's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Lillend can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

Improved Grapple:
    At 4th level the Lillend gains the benefit of the improved grapple feat, even if she does not meet the pre-requisites.

Change Shape (Su):
    The Lillend can change into any small or medium humanoid 1/day per HD

Tongues (Su):
    Starting at Fourth level, the Lillend has a permanent tongues effect on her as per the spell.

Celestial skin (Ex):
    At 5th level, the Lillend gains immunity to all poisons, including magical ones, and gains fire resistance equal to her HD.

At 10 HD, this if fire resistance equal to twice her HD.

At 15 HD, the Lillend has immunity to fire.

Growth (Ex):
    At level 6, the Lillend may grow another size category (Ordinarily to large size).

Flight (Ex):
    At level 6 the Lillend becomes able to fly at a speed of 10 feet per HD, with poor maneuverability

Improved Grab (Ex):
    At 7th level, the Lillend gains the improved Grab ability

Constrict (Ex):
    At 7th level, a Lillend may constrict her enemies. A lillend deals 2d6+1 1/2 Strength modifier points of damage with a successful grapple check. Constricting uses the entire lower portion of its body, so it cannot take any move actions when constricting, though it can still use weapons.

Anything that increases the damage for an unarmed strike likewise increases a Lillend's constrict damage.

Musical Muse (Su):
    At 7th level, the Lillend adds 1 to all of her bardic music related ability.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    I tried to make the Lillend suitably unique. Some of her abilities might look rather powerful at first, but they become somewhat less relevant at higher levels.

No fluff for the moment because it's late and bedtime.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-22 at 07:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, I love the lilliend class, but a couple of things.

1: It might be good to throw improved Unarmed Strike in there just to help stress to pain in the rear type DM's that there suppose to not necessarily need weapons to fight. This shouldn't be Unbalancing since, well, it's a fluff benny.

2: Where Bluff and Intimidate and Tumble and UMD left off on purpose, or was that an accident? I'd imagine that an outsider who opts to operate as a bard might would be good a playing tricks every so often when the situation was right, even if that was a rarity for them. And that with all that magic and general kick-buttyness, they could be pretty darn intimidating when they felt like it. I'd also imagine they'd have the ability to figure out how to use wands and scrolls and such easily enough, and the ability with those snake like reflexes and agility to keep form always getting hit when they tried to close with there opponent.

3: You know the point of the Constrict Maneuver is that it does Time and a half str damage, right? BTW, may wish to stipulate to make it easy for grapple builds (An already sub optimal option.) that the Lilliend can use other things that boost her Str damage, such as feats and class features, to do more then that much str damage.

Example: Takes the feat from Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting that makes it so that none Flurry based unarmed strikes do 1.5 str in damage makes the Lilliend Constrict at x2 str for damage.

Cause grappling deserves something nice.

4: The artisan ability is, interesting, but I have a suggestion that might be more mechanically sound. At that level she receives one rank in each skill, class skill or otherwise. This is treated as a trained rank. It's a single rank though, so don't expect mericals.

If you want it to become more powerful, you could stipulate that Bard levels stack with Lilliend Levels for Bardic Knowledge, and more importantly, for Bardic Knack. The last part gives you half your total levels of Bard + Lilliend on any skill check unless you have more ranks then that in the skill already, so this would basically be like having maxed cross class skill ranks in all skills. Which could be very, very spiffy thing to have indeed. And the best part, this way, there's no trained only restrictions to fear.

But yeah, love the class, I'm gonna have to see if I can get a game going to play with it a bit.
    "I Burn!"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Ok, I love the lilliend class, but a couple of things.

1: It might be good to throw improved Unarmed Strike in there just to help stress to pain in the rear type DM's that there suppose to not necessarily need weapons to fight. This shouldn't be Unbalancing since, well, it's a fluff benny.
    Good point. It's not like IUS is that fantastic a feat anyway.

2: Where Bluff and Intimidate and Tumble and UMD left off on purpose, or was that an accident? I'd imagine that an outsider who opts to operate as a bard might would be good a playing tricks every so often when the situation was right, even if that was a rarity for them. And that with all that magic and general kick-buttyness, they could be pretty darn intimidating when they felt like it. I'd also imagine they'd have the ability to figure out how to use wands and scrolls and such easily enough, and the ability with those snake like reflexes and agility to keep form always getting hit when they tried to close with there opponent.
    Good point. Will fix that when I can.

3: You know the point of the Constrict Maneuver is that it does Time and a half str damage, right? BTW, may wish to stipulate to make it easy for grapple builds (An already sub optimal option.) that the Lilliend can use other things that boost her Str damage, such as feats and class features, to do more then that much str damage.

Example: Takes the feat from Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting that makes it so that none Flurry based unarmed strikes do 1.5 str in damage makes the Lilliend Constrict at x2 str for damage.

Cause grappling deserves something nice.
    Whoops. Base monster only does Strength damage, so I got confused. Also, it was 4 AM.

4: The artisan ability is, interesting, but I have a suggestion that might be more mechanically sound. At that level she receives one rank in each skill, class skill or otherwise. This is treated as a trained rank. It's a single rank though, so don't expect mericals.
    People only say that word when they don't have anything nicer to say.

[quote]If you want it to become more powerful, you could stipulate that Bard levels stack with Lilliend Levels for Bardic Knowledge, and more importantly, for Bardic Knack. The last part gives you half your total levels of Bard + Lilliend on any skill check unless you have more ranks then that in the skill already, so this would basically be like having maxed cross class skill ranks in all skills. Which could be very, very spiffy thing to have indeed. And the best part, this way, there's no trained only restrictions to fear. =/quote] Ah, good idea.

I'll attend to these later. I have cousins coming over soon and a job to go to.

But yeah, love the class, I'm gonna have to see if I can get a game going to play with it a bit.
    Glad it's a hit. I was a bit worried.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-12 at 12:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Good point. It's not like IUS is that fantastic a feat anyway.
    This is very true. All it does here is full a fluff requirement and MAYBE save you a feat tax if you opt to build a quasi-monk with this class as part of your base. And that's a cool enough mental image that I think it's ok to save it a feat tax.

Good point. Will fix that when I can.
    Glad I could help. =)

Whoops. Base monster only does Strength damage, so I got confused. Also, it was 4 AM.
    It's cool, that's why we post the monsters to crite them. That way, people catch small details that got over looked cause it was 4 AM at the time. ;)

[QUOTE=Mystic Muse;14210595]People only say that word when they don't have anything nicer to say.

If you want it to become more powerful, you could stipulate that Bard levels stack with Lilliend Levels for Bardic Knowledge, and more importantly, for Bardic Knack. The last part gives you half your total levels of Bard + Lilliend on any skill check unless you have more ranks then that in the skill already, so this would basically be like having maxed cross class skill ranks in all skills. Which could be very, very spiffy thing to have indeed. And the best part, this way, there's no trained only restrictions to fear. =/quote] Ah, good idea.

I'll attend to these later. I have cousins coming over soon and a job to go to.
    Hehe, well, it is interesting in that at present it similar to one of the Factotums class ability's, Which is spiffy and all, but we want to keep that more Bardic flavor, this is the way to go I feel. Plus, mechanically it can be very useful, and it can help reduce MAD as you don't need quite as much Int with this cause Skill points go farther.

Glad it's a hit. I was a bit worried.
    You really did a sound job on it. Tack on the things we mentioned above and this looks like it's gonna be a truly enjoyable class to play.

Only thing now is, do I wanna Gestalt it with Dragon Fire adept just because, Or Swordsage just because, and progress Bard on the other side?

Musical Kung Fu Snake lady with wings, or Musical fire breathing snake lady with wings. The age old choice.
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #354
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey there. Is requests still possible? I was wondering if you might be able to class up the Greathorn Minotaur from Monster Manual IV please.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Hey there. Is requests still possible? I was wondering if you might be able to class up the Greathorn Minotaur from Monster Manual IV please.
    Requests are always open, it just takes me a little while to get to them sometimes.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

i would like to help make these if i could, i always like helping out and it's easy inspiration

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zetsu1919 View Post
    i would like to help make these if i could, i always like helping out and it's easy inspiration
    If you want to help, you're going to need either AIM or Skype. Alternatively, critique any of the classes you think need improvement.

I could maybe direct you better if I knew what you meant by "Help make these."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

never mind, i've just been PMed that what i am asking is not allowed, so ignore what i said

29. - Top - End - #359
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey Muse! When are you going to make those MLP style Griffin and Earth Pony classes? I've been waiting! By Celestia, I want to be a Griffin wizard!

Quotes to live by
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW
    "It’s important to be different. If we weren’t then there wouldn’t be any difference between us and machines.” Stay Gold, Bronyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW
    "Who’s really the messed up one? The person with the disorder or different religion, different race, sexuality, or even ethnic belief? Or is it the one that stoops so low as to insult them for being unique?" Stay Gold, Bronyboy

Other quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Is anyone else getting a mental image of the most macabre ice-trays ever?

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IKilledTheDevil View Post
    Hey Muse! When are you going to make those MLP style Griffin and Earth Pony classes? I've been waiting! By Celestia, I want to be a Griffin wizard!
    Sorry. Real life stuff kept getting in the way. This is at least a month and a half later than I intended to release the Lillend, and several things didn't pan out the way I wanted (Turns out that break during work was pretty much a one time thing for example).