New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Mom and Pop's Grocery
    The last gunman might find that his gun hand is through a portal now, halfway across the Nexus.
    And then he might find that a fist is slamming towards his face from a portal in front of him.
    If he's suitably knocked out, the portals disappear and Gamma Girl will be sitting on a conveyor belt behind the masked boy.
    "Sup, Superboy?"
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-13 at 10:23 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #1442

Mom and Pop's Grocery

And down the crook goes! But not for long, as the boy picks him up by the ankle and drags him to the other two.

"Watch where you sling the S-word, sister." He says with mock attitude. "I'm Young Star," he introduces himself, offering a hand to shake. "To what do I owe the cliché?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1443

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Mom and Pop's Grocery

And down the crook goes! But not for long, as the boy picks him up by the ankle and drags him to the other two.

"Watch where you sling the S-word, sister." He says with mock attitude. "I'm Young Star," he introduces himself, offering a hand to shake. "To what do I owe the cliché?"
    Mom and Pop's Grocery
    She shakes his hand.
    "I'm Gamma Girl, Young Star. And the cliché is due to the fact that I need you and what you can do."
    She gives a small smile.
    "So I guess there's only one question...do you want to be a Superhero?"
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1444

Mom and Pop's Grocery

"Absolutely." Young Star says without hesitation. He doesn't carry that mask for no reason. "How are you going to help me with that?" It's not easy being a superhero in a place like Inside.

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1445

Mom and Pop's Grocery
    "By offering you a place on the Justice Crew, of course."
    She withdrew a piece of paper from inside her costume and portaled it over to Young Star.
    "And when you want in, go there."
    And then she disappears.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #1446

Infirmary

"Right. And the Justice Crew is?" he asks... To thin air. "I have a feeling that's going to get old." Still thin air, Lou. He hits the silent alarm button under the counter for the police to come and flies out, looking over the card.

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #1447

Mom and Pop's Grocery
    "A team of heroes." comes a whisper.

The card has the address for 22 Warehouse Lane.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Elena is accompanied by Tirin, naturally enough. Who, given his enhanced hearing, doesn't much like that greeting at all, and barely resists the urge to shoot the MagBot with an anti-spacecraft weapon, instead jumping about thirty feet into the store in one leap, ears flat against his skull, and his teeth and claws instinctively extending.
    MagMart
    Elena goes to pat his head.
    "Tirin..." she says warningly.
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    MagMart
    Elena goes to pat his head.
    "Tirin..." she says warningly.
    Tirin gets patted on the head, then.

"I'm fine... The claws and such are instinctive, dear. What exactly is it that we needed again?"

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED]

Oh great.

Just when things seemed pleasant and relatively sensible this has to happen. Last time Freddy encountered and Encounter™ he got attacked by some kind of crazy hair monster.

What could possibly be worse than that?

Out of the portal comes a knight helmet. With teeny little feet sticking out of the bottom and teeny little hands sticking out of the side. It carries a teeny little spear with a flag flapping on it!

"This land is calmed in the name of the Rebites!" it declares in an obnoxiously high-pitch, nasally voice. "All who oppose our mighty rule will be destroyed! Charge!"

And with that dozens of little knight-helmet people come pouring out of the portals! Oh noes!
    [Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER]

Amlin sort of glances at the lot of them in confusion, but then reaches into a pocket in his robe, and draws out... a skull with rubies in its eyes? How did that even fit into that pocket? Wouldn't it have made a bulge or something?

"I warn you now, petite warriors, if you challenge me you shall feel the power of the Screamskull."

Sense motive to call him on his bluff
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-13 at 06:17 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #1451

Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED

Kashi's dive has him hitting the ground right on top of that Rebite who just spoke up and had the misfortune to step out of the portal in the wrong spot. Hopefully the little guy can dodge in time.

If not, he's going to have twenty feet worth of dragon barreling down on his helmet completely accidentally.

"Snyyui?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1452

The tiny warriors don't seem at all intimidated by the skull.

Several of them rush toward Freddy and Amlin with their equally tiny weapons at the ready! Given that they are, in fact, tiny their weapons can deal, like, 1d3 damage. And those are the bigger more dangerous ones.

The rest of the Rebites assemble tiny parapets around the portals! Now there are a bunch of little castles churning out little knights!

And what's this?

A dragon smashing the crap out of one of the Rebites!

*VVVRRRrrrrrrup...*

The Rebite de-rezzes into a heap of little glowing cubes! And the cubes will go flying into the dragon supplying him with Blokz for the building of walls and towers!

What is this?

Some kind of tower defense game?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Connie examines the horde of little things...

She jumps off of the building, and swoops over the horde, trying to snatch one of them and take them up into the sky.

"Well... what have we here? I wonder if you bounce."

She has all the mercy of a shotgun in her smile. A shotgun being held by a psychotic robot.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

If any of the little knights are left at this point, Amlin crouches down to look one over, before raising a hand to point a finger at it. if successful, the beam coming from his finger should push negative energy right into the body of the little guy, potentially killing him outright if his resistance is low.

15. - Top - End - #1455

Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER

"Snyuu?" Kashi has blokz! How the heck do those work...

Kashi will try build a tower, maybe by stacking some blokz on each other? He really has no idea what he's doing, but it's sure to be fun.

He really doesn't seem very concerned by the Rebites, but if he runs out of blokz, he'll definitely want more. If there are any of the little helmeted terrors in reach, he'll try stomping one, and see if that gives him more.

If not, he'll prod at his (possibly existent) tower. Does it even do anything?
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-04-13 at 09:07 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Connie snatches a Rebite! The tiny warrior yells something unintelligible and attempts to stab her with his tiny sword! The sword in question is pretty darn tiny. But the thing would still wound someone about as badly as a dagger would.

Well.

A dagger being jabbed by a really small person who isn't particularly strong.

Sashi is unable to stack the Blokz as they are a gaming abstraction! However when he decides that he wants a tower suddenly he has one! And fewer Blokz. The tower will begin to rhythmically pelt nearby Rebites with poorly rendered projectiles.

Hmm... he doesn't have enough Blokz to build another tower yet. But crushing another Rebite will yield more! The tiny soldiers ignore the dragon in favor of attacking his tower with scarcely restrained hate!

The necromancer's doom ray easily kills his target and yields a pile of Blokz! Three more Rebites begin firing tiny arrows at him! Pew pew!

Freddy, meanwhile, gets assaulted by a pair of the horrible little warriors! The demon-fox bounds away from their spear thrusts and whips his Orb around, the artifact building up absurd force in flight and slamming into one of the creatures, obliterating it handily!

And still more Rebites spawn from the portals!

Maybe something should be done about those?

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stab.

The wound does next to no notable damage, and seals all but instantly. The flesh that forms is smooth and an odd shade of orange, but flesh nonetheless.

"Bounce it is."

A sharp dive, and a strong throw, trying to get the little thing to bounce as hard as she can get it. If she bounces him off of a different Rebite, well, so be it.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Tirin gets patted on the head, then.

"I'm fine... The claws and such are instinctive, dear. What exactly is it that we needed again?"
    MagMart
    Elena removed the grocery list.
    "Well...since I had to clean out the fridge and cupboards last night...a lot."
    Her tail goes to wrap around Tirin's.
    "Now shall we go to the canned goods?"
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Amlin raises up an arm to shield his face from the arrows, and they'll all get stuck in his arm doing... no appreciable damage. They don't even seem to hurt.

Amlin, seeing what Kashi is doing with his blocks, and apparently it... fighting for him? Decides this is a good use of said things. Must get more. So Amlin focuses some more nageative energy, and will sweep his hand outwards towards the archers. if it hits, it'll be about as destructive as the death ray was to the single rebite.

No matter how many he kills, he will then start building a single tower. This tower shall be extremely powerful, as he attempts to upgrade it with size and width.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Pixie in the Playground

[Inside Warehouse Plot]

Often history imparts full vision of the limits of technology and the advantage of simpler machines over those that are worlds more complicated. The classic example of this principle is the ineffectuality of the smooth-bore musket compared to the versatility, silence, accuracy, and power of a bow. In today's "sophisticated" world, there's still a place for such things, though only if skill is judiciously applied to it.

In this case, a minor update may be in order. Armor more suited to maximum mobility is functional but not a prerequisite for anything in particular. Differentiation of weapon types is nice too, energy weapons offset by slugthrowers to break any defense.

They're going to want something that packs more of a punch than an iron or steel tipped shaft of wood, however.

Percilia turns to her side and opens a box. Her hands stretch inside and return with explosive arrows that are primed upon loading and triggered upon hitting their targets thanks to a brilliant infusion of magic and technology. A quiver's worth of arrows she offers to both Dipsnig and his employee that she knows not the name of.

"Sparing no expense when it comes to gear saves lives, Dipsnig. Now, do either of you know how to operate a vehicle or man a turret?"

Percilia hopes that Lady Raennall will be proficient in one or the other without much training, for although she is clearly from an older era, Dipsnig has short legs that might not exactly interact well with the gas and brake levers in an emergency.

Dipsnig and Lady Raennall might notice that something appears to be wrong with Percilia's arm. It isn't moving as any human arm should...

-------
    [Red Zone - Clarissa's Showdown]

'S just before high noon. The sun is out near its peak in the sky of the day. The air is arid and dry, enough to parch a full-grown person after mere minutes of exposure. This is the perfect time for a duel to the death. A shootout is going to occur somewhere today, I can feel it in my bones. And wouldn't you know, it is about to go down right here. And there's nothing anybody can do to stay the hands set in motion by fate.

Clarissa emerges from a portal on a crowded street, blending into the crowd to the best of her ability, something that PCs are hard pressed to do nowadays. Nobody so much as bats an eye as she appears and picks her way through the pedestrian traffic, weaving this way and that, aware of her surroundings and actively scanning the every passerby, praying that they might be her quarry. But alas, her quarry has not shown itself yet. Every quality must match down to the smallest stray hair. She's toiling away to identify someone in particular. A person might get the sense from the people she's hunting that they're hunting her in turn.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Red Zone - Clarissa's Showdown
    Dave appears out of the same portal but, thanks to his ninja skills, he disappears into the crowd as naturally as if it was breathing. But he also is able to keep tabs on Clarissa because...well...he knows her so well.
    He notices that she isn't rampaging yet though...so he decides just to wait.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #1462

Arkham Street - Random Battle

Kashi avoids damage the old fashioned way, rather than resorting to fancy schmancy tricks. By being a less appealing target than his fancy schmancy tower.

And look, that other guy had the same idea he did! Yay more towers.

But Kashi has a headstart in this game, however it is you play it, and he's not going to stop until he's built ALL THE THINGS.

Firstly, he's going to use some of his extra blokz to repair his ailing arrow tower so the rebites attacking it don't murder it horribly just yet. Then he'll try to tail-swat those same rebites and knock them back a bit. Just enough that he can plonk down a wall between his arrow tower and the rebite horde.

Whether or not Kashi's swat kills a few more rebites is irrelevant. He just wants to play with the blokz.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside Warehouse Plot]

Dipsnig accepts the bolts and adds them to his already varied repertoire of missiles, some of which are quite illegal in many places.
    I could manage a turret. Probably not a vehicle though, especially one built for humans.
    Silly oversized humans. He makes note of Percilla's arm, but until it tries to strangle them on its own volition it's not really his problem.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nexus Zoo

It's a nice morning here at Nexus Zoo. The sun is just poking out of the clouds after a short rain and the entire zoo smells fresh. In the small mammals building a group of school children are partway through their tour. "Teacher teacher what's that one?" a child asks
    "Well that's a death weasel." the teacher replies
    "No not that one, THAT one!"
    "Well I'm not quite sure what that is Jimmy, it looks like a tiny dinosaur with a hat on...."

Suddenly the little dinosaur(Jurassico) pulls out a netgun and captures the three death weasels, letting the nets get quickly drawn into his hat. Jurassico pulls a white glove as big as he is out of his hat and throws it onto the triple-thick safety glass. In a few seconds the glove explodes, taking a big circle of the glass with it. Jurassico flies through the hole riding a magicians's wand. Hellooo everyone! It is I! Jurassico! For my first trick see that I have no sleeves....now watch as I pull...... A rabbit out of my hat! he pulls out six rabbits about as big as he is who scamper over to various exhibits and explode, releasing their contents.

This is when Jurassico starts netting the animals up and when the heroes should swoop in to save the day. Quick! Before he gets to the apocalypse kittens!
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "I'll distract it, you stab it!"
    And then Dave breaks the chair against the spider, causing it to reel back in pain.
    As the spider's eight legs backpedal Westlanna slips behind it with the agility of a dancer and swiftly stabs it in its great bulbous abdomen with the syringe. She depresses the plunger and dives out of the way, leaving the plastic and sharp metal object still embedded in the spider's backside.

The dive wasn't a bad idea, exam rooms are small and getting pinned back against a wall by a giant spider wouldn't be great fun. The downside of diving out of the way: Wes now has to haul herself up off the floor from where she landed next to the cupboards full of alcohol swabs, tongue depressors and band-aids.

[Warehouse plot]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Inside Warehouse Plot]

Dipsnig accepts the bolts and adds them to his already varied repertoire of missiles, some of which are quite illegal in many places.
    I could manage a turret. Probably not a vehicle though, especially one built for humans.
    Silly oversized humans. He makes note of Percilla's arm, but until it tries to strangle them on its own volition it's not really his problem.
    [QUOTE=The Alexandrian;13069766][Inside Warehouse Plot]

Often history imparts full vision of the limits of technology and the advantage of simpler machines over those that are worlds more complicated. The classic example of this principle is the ineffectuality of the smooth-bore musket compared to the versatility, silence, accuracy, and power of a bow. In today's "sophisticated" world, there's still a place for such things, though only if skill is judiciously applied to it.

In this case, a minor update may be in order. Armor more suited to maximum mobility is functional but not a prerequisite for anything in particular. Differentiation of weapon types is nice too, energy weapons offset by slugthrowers to break any defense.

They're going to want something that packs more of a punch than an iron or steel tipped shaft of wood, however.

Percilia turns to her side and opens a box. Her hands stretch inside and return with explosive arrows that are primed upon loading and triggered upon hitting their targets thanks to a brilliant infusion of magic and technology. A quiver's worth of arrows she offers to both Dipsnig and his employee that she knows not the name of.

"Sparing no expense when it comes to gear saves lives, Dipsnig. Now, do either of you know how to operate a vehicle or man a turret?"

Percilia hopes that Lady Raennall will be proficient in one or the other without much training, for although she is clearly from an older era, Dipsnig has short legs that might not exactly interact well with the gas and brake levers in an emergency.

Dipsnig and Lady Raennall might notice that something appears to be wrong with Percilia's arm. It isn't moving as any human arm should...

The lady assumes that if her employer wants to know her name, her employer will ask for it. Otherwise, she is content to remain anonymous.

As for armor, Raennall is lightly clad. She is dressed in a lightwight long-sleeved jacket of shadowy grey tones designed to break up her form so she can hide in the urban landscape and pants to match. The only visible armor consists of hints of metal at her wrists and shins and a helmet made of a strange black metal. The helmet is designed of thick interwoven bands of the metal and fits closely to the crown of her head, leaving her face completely uncovered so it will not impair her vision or speech. It would provide minimal protection on it's own, so it is either merely ceremonial or magic supplies its protective qualities.

"The kind of turrets I am accustomed to are found on castles. As for vehicles, I am not familiar with the type you use here. In my land we ride horses." So they're out of luck in the driving department. "I learn quickly. How difficult is your vehicle to control?"

She takes the arrows with a solemn nod and withdraws one from the quiver to inspect it. These she knows exactly what to do with.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

26. - Top - End - #1466

Dave's Free Clinic
    The spider shrinks and shrinks until it becomes a regular old butt again.
    Dave pats the boy on the back.
    "Now put your trousers back on."
    He'll then help Wes up.
    "Good job, Wes."
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #1467

[Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED!]

Our valiant heroes manage to defeat their vile and evil foes!

Or this wave of them at least.

'Ten Seconds Until Wave Two!'
    announces a rather loud disembodied voice.

Thus far we've got Freddy and Cathy are left with a sizable stockpile of Blokz from their defeated foes! But neither of them appear to know what to do with them.

The dragon has build a nice Level 1 Arrow Tower and a Level 1 Wall to protect said tower!

And finally the necromancer has constructed a bad-ass Level 3 Arrow Tower!

Wow!

"I have no idea what's going on!"
    Fredrick protests rather loudly.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-14 at 05:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Jessica's House on Limit Street]

Winguardia turns to Rhyan as she re-enters the building.

"Mayhala, Rhyan, I think it is time for us to go." Winguardia says softly. She then starts walking slowly toward the front door.

Meanwhile, outside, the response team from Remnant is likely just turning the corner and headed down the street. They likely recognize the tidy little house with the crime scene tape where earlier that day members of Remnant had to remove a young woman's body from the scene of her murder. All the evidence pointed to a winged vampire with feathers.

The crime scene has clearly been disturbed. Somebody kicked in the front door. The neighbor that called this in wasn't lying.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED!

Blokz? What's that supposed to be?

Well, Connie doesn't care. Nor about the voice. The portals? Those are interesting. She's going to fly through one of the portals, and see if it works both ways. If it doesn't, she is going to wrap her hellfire whip around it. See if that does anything...

(Note: The hellfire whip is not actually fire. It's a stream of evil energy that is stylized to look like fire. It causes burns that are similar to ones from fire, but can't actually make stuff combust.)

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

[Limit Street]

Sergeant Anatolij Fedorowicz Eljaszeńko arrives on the scene with two other members of his Fast Response Team, Dragan Ražnatović and Filimon Romanowicz Ziejcow. They get off their bikes and approach the house carefully. They're all wearing the Basic Powered Armor Type One, with their helmets on.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.