New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Insane Challenge Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I've done the two-slices-of-bread-in-under-a-minute thing and the six-Saltines-in-under-a-minute thing, easily. (Impress freshmen! They mention a thing you've never heard of, claim it's impossible, and you do it on your first try.) I haven't gotten around to the cinnamon or the half-a-gallon-of-whole-milk-in-under-half-an-hour thing yet.
    I've tried the cinnamon one and that is..... Yikes. The other three ones I coul do no problem. And enjoy it.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I was moreso thinking about the other exit.
    I assumed so, but that tends to take a little bit longer. I'd imagine that evening would be hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    I've tried the cinnamon one and that is..... Yikes. The other three ones I coul do no problem. And enjoy it.
    Yeah, it was pretty cool because several other people and the table decided to try too, inspired by my success. I think only one other guy managed it in precisely sixty seconds; I took about fifty even after starting out by stupidly cramming an entire slice of bread in my mouth.
    Jude P.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Do it like Furious Pete.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdance View Post
    Do it like Furious Pete.
    I don't know whether to be impressed or disgusted.

You also need to learn how to swallow with your mouth open, while you're taking new bites, to do that.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #35

I don't know whether to be impressed or disgusted.

You also need to learn how to swallow with your mouth open, while you're taking new bites, to do that.
    Impressed or disgusted? I think both.

6. - Top - End - #36

Impressed or disgusted? I think both.
    Well either one would be so intense I couldn't manage both at once.
    Jude P.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Results are in! I managed to eat half of it in 15 minutes, but then had to tap out. It was at that point that my sense of taste was gone and it just felt like there was just stuff in my mouth. No taste or anything. Oh well, it was the thrill of doing the challenge was the reason for the attempt.

Also, the owners invited the only guy who actually succeeded in the challenge to come and watch. He cheered me at the end saying I did the right thing for tapping out, telling me his roommate had to watch him for the next 36 hours after he did the challenge to make sure he didn't die or anything, cause he felt bad that entire time. He also said that he was still impressed I ate half of it in 15 minutes. Most people who attempt it don't even get that far in that amount of time.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Results are in! I managed to eat half of it in 15 minutes, but then had to tap out. It was at that point that my sense of taste was gone and it just felt like there was just stuff in my mouth. No taste or anything. Oh well, it was the thrill of doing the challenge was the reason for the attempt.

Also, the owners invited the only guy who actually succeeded in the challenge to come and watch. He cheered me at the end saying I did the right thing for tapping out, telling me his roommate had to watch him for the next 36 hours after he did the challenge to make sure he didn't die or anything, cause he felt bad that entire time. He also said that he was still impressed I ate half of it in 15 minutes. Most people who attempt it don't even get that far in that amount of time.
    Where is this? I like challenges.
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #39

Vodka is 40% ethanol (and so are a bunch of others). A friend likes that kind of rum that's 75% ethanol. They sell something that's actually just industrial ethanol (95.5% is the highest possible), but I assumed that was for mixing drinks.
    The 95.5% is probably Everclear. A friend of mine bought a bottle once, we took a few shots... it was not pleasant. But a few was all we needed to get pretty trashed.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

10. - Top - End - #40

Well that's disappointing. You say it was tasting like just mush in your mouth. Was it really spicy and just wore away your taste buds, or just the slog of getting through that much food made you sick of it?

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    The 95.5% is probably Everclear. A friend of mine bought a bottle once, we took a few shots... it was not pleasant. But a few was all we needed to get pretty trashed.
    I thought it was another sort but I can't remember.
    Jude P.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

A buddy of mine did the milk challenge with 1%. He finished too, but was REALLY sick for the next 24 hours or so, including about 2 hours where he didn't dare leave the bathroom for fear of not making it to the toilet in time. Didn't puke though, which is the main challenge. Its not the volume, its the lactic acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Well that's disappointing. You say it was tasting like just mush in your mouth. Was it really spicy and just wore away your taste buds, or just the slog of getting through that much food made you sick of it?
    It wasn't nearly as spicy as I would've liked, but I didn't want to add any salsa to the top for fear of adding to the food. But yes, the taste just disappeared and I couldn't taste anything anymore. It was just feeling stuff in my mouth by that point, even though I tasted the Carne Asada, beans, cheese, bell pepper, and tomato of the exact same bite 2 minutes ago, I could not longer taste any of it. Thats when I called it as the end. Another interesting fact was the sudden drop off point, there was no slow down of eating. It was eateateateateateateateat-*Schang* No more taste. And that was how it went.

But, I'm still pleased with atleast getting through 2 pounds in 15 minutes. Anyone else want to do that?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-10-01 at 11:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    A buddy of mine did the milk challenge with 1%. He finished too, but was REALLY sick for the next 24 hours or so, including about 2 hours where he didn't dare leave the bathroom for fear of not making it to the toilet in time. Didn't puke though, which is the main challenge. Its not the volume, its the lactic acid.
    The internet suggests it's more that the stomach is only about a half gallon, and that the excess liquid and the high fat content trigger the vomiting reflex.
    Jude P.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought it was another sort but I can't remember.
    I would second the everclear. My friends and I used to do Tabasco shots(put a few drops of tabasco sauce into a shot of Everclear, chug) when we were younger, and we never needed many to get smashed. 190 Proof alcohol, ie: 95%

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

I, for one, will take straight everclear over any cheap vodka you care to name.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

I assumed so, but that tends to take a little bit longer. I'd imagine that evening would be hell.
    Considering what I've heard of some burritos... it's always best to be on the safe side!
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Even after all this, I still say that the important part was completed. The challange was accepted and then the challange was attempted wether you won or not doesn't matter! same goes for all you crazy people who still talk about trying this stuff that others in this thread have warned you about. Challange accepted, Challange atempted... who the heck cares about the third part?

Unless you die.

That'd be sad.

and funny

but mostly sad
    You ever punched a polarbear for making you miss the buss? It's fun.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Awww, too bad you didn't make it. But it's awesome that you tried, and still impressive of an achievement. I know I couldn't do it to the end, although I'm intrigued about a 2 pound one...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Do it like Furious Pete.
    Wait if that's a 4 pound burrito how is eating one in 30 minutes anything close to a challenge?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

21. - Top - End - #51

Either way good for you. 2lbs of burrito in 15 minute is impressive as it is. How big was it?

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Wait if that's a 4 pound burrito how is eating one in 30 minutes anything close to a challenge?
    Yeah it doesn't look all that big, but then again, that guy is insane. I saw a video of him putting away over 8lbs of burger, 5lbs of fries, and a large soda. He was the only guy who managed it at that place ever. That challenge was henceforth named after him.
    Last edited by Riverdance; 2012-10-02 at 04:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    I, for one, will take straight everclear over any cheap vodka you care to name.
    What is your threshold for 'cheap'? I mean I don't drink expensive stuff, but I haven't tried a vodka yet that I liked less than everclear.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm with Moff on the Everclear vs cheap vodka. Anything less than Smirnoff or absolut, and that is cheap. I prefer Skyy.

Fleischmann's and Gortons are cheap vodka colored swill. Good vodka doesn't burn.

Now, my grain based Everclear... Good Stuff.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

By "cheap" I mean the sort that comes in plastic jugs.
    Agreed on Skyy though; there's plenty better but Skyy's perfectly fancy enough for me. Smirnoff's nasty, though.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    By "cheap" I mean the sort that comes in plastic jugs.
    Agreed on Skyy though; there's plenty better but Skyy's perfectly fancy enough for me. Smirnoff's nasty, though.
    Okay, I haven't drank any vodka that comes out of a plastic jug, guess that makes me fancier than I thought

26. - Top - End - #56

Seems to me putting anything in a plastic jug implies that it's cheap. Plastic isn't a great thing to put things in. Glass is best because plastic leeches chemicals into the contents.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

No argument, but there are plenty of circumstances where "cheap" is its own reward, especially when it comes to alcohol...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Raptor, you did your best. That's all that matters. To be frank, I probably wouldn't touch a four-pound burrito with a ten foot pole. Heck, that thing weighs a scary percentage of babies and small children. Think of it, Raptor, you could eat 26.6 (repeating of course) percent of the average newborn human child!
    That's a useful life skill. One day, you'll be glad you did this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks everyone. I've got some pictures that I'll upload to show the before and after the challenge. The people who have to pictures however are dragging their feet in emailing them to me.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice try! Starving ones are really proud of you! ;-)

Also, the owners invited the only guy who actually succeeded in the challenge to come and watch. He cheered me at the end saying I did the right thing for tapping out, telling me his roommate had to watch him for the next 36 hours after he did the challenge to make sure he didn't die or anything, cause he felt bad that entire time.
    But, I'm still pleased with atleast getting through 2 pounds in 15 minutes. Anyone else want to do that?
    Congrats! Keep spreading around your completely unnecessary achievements in a field of wasting food & risky health activicies! ;-)

And please, don't get me wrong. I don't hate you or wish you something unpleasant. The very idea of the „contest” and „being proud” is just SOOOO tasteless, ridiculous and irresposible...

It's nice you can buy near 2 kg tacco and eat 1 kg in 15 min, but not every human in the world is as lucky as you, so please, have some respect? Food is for being eaten in time of need, not for being wasted in quasi-sports. It's really no point of pride.

Finis.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature