New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Mihail stares impassively at Haruaki. Many thoughts are racing inside his head, but it's hard to tell any of them from his face. Reapers are busy?, he wonders. Maybe so... this land is big and with lots of people. It'd not be strange if such a small town would fly under their radar. But part of the equation doesn't make sense - why would such a small town have so many "occurrences" in the first place? Unhappiness and strife that tie souls to the world and turn them into Hollows are much more common in bigger cities.

Then again... it doesn't look like Hollows are even the main problem. The blueclad woman had not been one, at least. Other occurrences... such should be few and far between. But there isn't much to be gained from such thoughts without further knowledge.

"Will go now", Mihail says, turning to leave. "Will look after school. Bye." He'd have to write his observations down...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

"I've got someone to cover for my absence at school for the moment. I can stay a little longer." Hasunaga replied. "Look, Haruaki... I understand that you're just trying to look after the kids. But if I teach them anything, it's going to be defense, nothing more. You'll have to understand that."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken recoiled in terror and grimaced as the thunderous blow came crashing down. Miraculously he recovered from it in time to follow right behind Sayaka. "Oh come on, seriously, let me prepare something for you. You've had a rough day and you don't want to build up anymore stress," said Ken in a caring voice knowing full well the irony of his words. "I assure you, my skills are the cream of the culinary crop. And even if I were an awful cook the food would still taste great because if I really am in love with you it'll contain plenty of that magic ingredient!" He eagerly awaited her approval.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-15 at 07:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Agent 02

The door opened and Roger came through the door, sheaf of papers in one hand.

"Looks like you and me have a lot of work to do." Agent 02 began, addressing Josiah with a nod, the previous day's animosity apparently completely forgotten for the sake of getting the job done.

Henry

The detective sat with his head in his hands, poring through everything in his mind. This nagging feeling that he was missing something vital was growing by the day, and if he didn't sort everything out he'd end up going crazy. That is, if he hadn't already.

So it was with some trepidation he headed back to the Shrine. He had no reason to go there, in truth, he just hoped to find something to investigate. Call himself a bloody detective and he had nothing to sodding detect... Henry applies the brakes and cranks the handbrake, stepping out of his car and heading up to the Houheiden Shrine, feet impacting on the ground outside the Kondo residence. With a moment's indecision, he heads into the Shrine, not really expecting anything to happen.

He's quite surprised when something does happen to be honest. With a quick look at the people in the shrine, he comes to a conclusion. "Something's happened, hasn't it?" he asserts as he walks towards Hasunaga and Co. Well, really it was a totally uninformed guess that Henry hoped to Hell wasn't true but, hey, he had a reputation to uphold.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]

Mihail is just limping towards the stairs leading out of the shrine grounds when Henry hurries in. <"Hello, Detective">, he says non-chalantly... and then continues limping past him. Haruaki and others can explain the situation as far as he's concerned.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina watches Ken and Sayaka until they leave the room. However, she doesn't follow them herself. Instead she approaches Haruaki and bows. "Thank you for your help today. I will come back and repay you sometime. I must be home soon."

After his reply, Kina leaves, her hand rubbing her arm the whole way home.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Haruak
    [Houheiden]

Haruaki's smile disappeared. He looked at Hasunaga very seriously.
    "I'm not asking you to teach them anything else. The Quincy and Shinigami train for offense. And you know very well this Shrine does not belong to either group.

But I know that it is a situation of 2 bird and one stone. The children will find a way to get into trouble. That is why we have to do something now. Before they get into something we can't solve.

I would not ask something of you otherwise, Mr. Hasunaga. I wouldn't be asking at all if my daughter hadn't just been crying for the first time since her mother died."

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka stopped and turned to look up at Ken. "Ok! Ok! Well, yes here." She gave the pot and dish to him. Then she pointed at the apron and crossed her arms.
    "I'm going to change clothes. And then I'll supervise your dinner. I don't know what you plan to make, but it is certain I won't cook for you forever here. So we'll do it together."

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina Yoshimoto

Kina watches Ken and Sayaka until they leave the room. However, she doesn't follow them herself. Instead she approaches Haruaki and bows. "Thank you for your help today. I will come back and repay you sometime. I must be home soon."

After his reply, Kina leaves, her hand rubbing her arm the whole way home.
    Haruaki
    [Houheiden]

Haruaki makes a warm smile to Kina and bows to her.
    "You are a polite young lady. Of course you are always welcome to come here. Do not worry about 'repay' at all! Next time you must stay for dinner- Sayaka is a good cook, and she will want to repay you for helping her today.

Take care!"
    He waved to her as she leaving.

And Mr. Henry came to him and Mr. Hasunaga. (Of course Sayaka and Ken are inside, and the others already are leaving it seems).
    Haruaki made a polite smile to Henry.
    "Ah, another guest today. Can I help you Inspector Henry?"

Cicadas make uncomfortable noise in the evening.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sayaka left, Ken stiffened his posture and saluted her with a firm "Yes ma'am." Afterwards, he donned his apron in preparation for the battle ahead and began to think of what reaction he might be able to get out of her when she tasted his dinner menu mastery.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just thought I should add that Ken is in fact a good cook in case you want to know how skilled he is so your character can comment on his expertise or lack thereof later at some point. Anything he has practiced making before should turn out really well because he has been taught by his parents and spent some time learning on his own as a hobby. In this case he would prepare something specifically Japanese that is somewhat challenging to make well to impress Sayaka. I'll leave what that would be to your imagination.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-16 at 04:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

"I'll give it some thought, Haruaki. That doesn't mean I have to like it." Hasunaga admitted ruefully. "Besides, I never trained anyone before."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Henry steps up to Haruaki and Hasunaga.

"Hello, Mr. Kondo. I'd heard something had happened here." he lies. "Did something bad happen?" He decided to let Hasunaga introduce himself for now - it was more important to get this sorted out first.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

For now, the wizened teacher remains silent. No need to introduce himself just yet...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, a Garganta may well open near Viatrix's shop...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

The shop seems to be closed.

However, there is a large hole nearby that seems to tunnel into a large, open, and unnaturally bright area underneath.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

This! Is! SPELUNKING TIME!

Or something.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Agent 02

The door opened and Roger came through the door, sheaf of papers in one hand.

"Looks like you and me have a lot of work to do." Agent 02 began, addressing Josiah with a nod, the previous day's animosity apparently completely forgotten for the sake of getting the job done.
    Josiah barely looks up to acknowledge Roger's entrance.

"Yes, we do. Here, this is the basic plan, and here's my ideas for how to make things work more smoothly. I figure we can build in stages, use different build teams. I'm thinking we split it up like so.."

The holo-display rapidly shifts, showing the various items Josiah is talking about.

Slowly, two minds begin to unfold a plan for something that might just change the world...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

However, there is a large hole nearby that seems to tunnel into a large, open, and unnaturally bright area underneath.
    Aura grins as she flicks a card in the way of the rock.

the card flies back to her, revealing a Jack of spades. She frowns at it.

"Awww. I was hoping for a nine."

She holds up her hand, and a crackle begins to form.

"Cero."

And it blasts out of her hand straight at Viatrix.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

[Underneath Furousha Shop]

Viatrix... almost floats out of the way, nimbly traipsing across the battlefield towards Aura as she ducks and weaves like a professional boxer. With a super-human burst, she rushes forward, aiming a powerful, mass-enhanced punch at Aura's face. No witty quip this time.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #108

[Aura]

Aura is punched, and curses as her jaw is slammed by Viatrix. She gives Viatrix a bloody grin.

"Damn, what have you been eating? Bricks?"

Her mask begins to materialize as she pulls out her sword.

"Well, this certainly got interesting."

[Andy]

A young man squints at the devastation near the town square. He blinks a few time before fingering his dirty blonde hair, and glancing at his partner, a slim young woman in her early twenties.

"Err... You sure about this Kotone? It looks pretty dangerous right now."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-02-21 at 01:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

[Under Furousha]

The punch is not the only thing Aura need worry about, as a silver creature darts over Viatrix's arms and clings onto her back. Suddenly her weight drastically increases, crushing her into the ground, rendering her unable to move.

Viatrix looms over Aura, betraying a smirk. "Not so hot now, eh?"

Then, the cards flip. Vi raises an eyebrow as the blackjack is revealed on Aura's side.

Then, she cries out as wounds appear across her form. "The hell!?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #110

Aura's mask vanishes as she realizes she's stuck. She grins impishly at Viatrix.

"Blackjack. I won. Y'see, my powers are pretty amusing. If you had won, a variety of things could have happened. I could have been frozen for a time if you weren't wounded, you could have been healed, and so much more. But you lost, so you were hurt. So sorry love."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

[Kotone]

"Of course it's not!" Kotone responded cheerfully. The woman stood with her microphone at the ready, practically shaking with anticipation. She was dressed snappily in her usual skirted suit, her hair immaculate in its ordinary style, two buns on either side of her head with the perfect amount of bangs falling on either side of her face, framing her features perfectly.

"Now, are you ready Jimmy-san?! Make sure that your camera's rolling, because this is gonna be the story of the century! Let's GO!"

She raised her free hand triumphantly, running towards the town square as Andy hopefully followed her. Nothing and no one would keep her from finding out what was behind this. Whatever it was.

"And quit playing with your hair, Jimmy-san. It makes you look unprofessional."
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

[Under Furousha]

Viatrix glowers at Aura. "...Impressive power, I guess. How about we call it a draw?" She limps toward... an odd-looking machine, with a laptop on top of it. After typing a few keys in, a garganta opens above, and reishi cycles into the room, and her wounds begin to heal. Fuchs sits above Aura, looking down at her.

Well, it looks that way, anyway, he has no eyes to look. His head is just sort of tilted down.

You should be able to free yourself in a few moments.

"Shut up, Fuchs. What are you even here for? And don't think about starting this crap again, the garganta will heal any wounds I get." Viatrix turns to Aura, looking... well, better, but a little miffed.

Aura's mass returns to normal after around a minute, which makes escape much easier.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #113

[Andy]

Andy rolls his eyes as he hefts up his camera equipment, walking over towards Kotone. He props up the camera and comments,

"Come on Satoshi, you know that's not my name. It's Andy."

[Aura]

Aura nods as she squeezes out of the hole. Then a lightbulb pops above her head.

"Oh yeah! Viatrix, I come bearing gifts!"

The box of sunglasses reappears next to her, and she grins.

"I would like to negotiate a deal..."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-02-21 at 10:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

"And my name isn't Satoshi! And remember that if you call me that on-camera, I'll flay you alive." She said, running back to get in Andy's face. Her intimidating manner was the main reason why she couldn't keep a cameraman for more than a week. Except Andy. He'd stayed on for some reason.

"Now come on, the story's not gonna wait for us!" She said, running off again. They'd gotten a hot tip that something was about to go down in the town square, and she didn't want to be late...

[Town Square]

Cassandra sat in a bench, watching the people go by. This town was so quiet; nothing ever happened here. Well, she had sent her report to the Boss-man. Maybe he'd send back with some new stuff. She could use some new stuff.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

[Under Furousha]

"...I'm not interested in buying any sunglasses, thank you." Viatrix just stares at Aura. Was she serious? Sunglasses? She'd seen this con far too many times.

Fuchs shakes its head. Viatrix, do you really think this woman would come to you just for normal sunglasses...

[Edge of Town]

Just within the suburbs, at the beginning of the woods just outside Fushichou Town...

A man walks aimlessly towards the town, smelling of dirt. The hood on his sweatshirt is drawn above his head, obscuring many of his features. This man seems at peace, without purpose...

And next to him, a large brown bear follows.

This is probably fairly alarming to the citizens as the hooded man makes his way downtown. However, the bear does not give them any mind, seemingly seeing fit to follow his apparent companion.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-21 at 10:19 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #116

[Under Furousha]

"...I'm not interested in buying any sunglasses, thank you." Viatrix just stares at Aura. Was she serious? Sunglasses? She'd seen this con far too many times.

Fuchs shakes its head. Viatrix, do you really think this woman would come to you just for normal sunglasses...
    [Aura]

Aura looked about ready to burst into tears.

"But... But these are real sunglasses! And they see things! Important things! For Spirits!"

[Andy]

Andy sighed as he set up for the shot. There was a reason he stayed on with Kotone after all. For one, she was the best damn reporter at the station. For another, they were paying him double to stay with her.

That's a lot of money for a guy who needs to get back home.

"Alright Satoshi, we're rolling in three... two... one..."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

[Under Furousha]

Vi rolls her eyes and scoffs, approaching Aura. "Fine, let me see a pair." She picks one out. They appear to be able to switch between shaded and non-shaded much like those glasses that react to light, for once. And as Vi touches the edge of the rim, the technology activates, giving her a personal reiatsu readout on both Aura and Fuchs.

"...huh. Ok, I have to admit these are kinda neat." She takes them off, placing them back in the box. Vi looks at aura expectantly. "...So, what's the catch?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (Standing outside the cab looking at the weird shop (Viatrix's shop) and the large hole with light shining out of it)

"you sure you want me to leave you here?...it don't look like no one's home...and i dont think there's much else round kid..." the cab driver said as he counted the money from the kid for the fare...after a moment noticing the kid wasnt listening the Cabbie "harumphed" and spoke to himself trailing off as he sped off..."i guess ya dont care eh...yer just gonna make me drive all the way back out here...ugh"

Izanagi indeed wasnt listening, he was just staring at the large hole with the crazy light coming out of it. In one hand his open wallet, and in the other the business card he received from the young girl. This light didnt seem normal, and it didnt seem like it was "supposed" to be there.

He put his wallet in his pocket and clenched the business in his hand as he began to walk up to the edge of the hole. The cab sped off as he approached the edge and knelt next to it, his eyes wide and his jaw about to drop open. He fumbled to put the card back in his pocket and then grab his camera around his neck and bring it up to his face.

Izanagi took in a breath as he began to peer over the edge of the hole down into the light. He had no idea what to expect or what might happen. He snuck his head over the edge holding on to the edge of the pit with one hand and his camera with the other.

He looked down...a feeling of childlike curiosity and wonder filled him...as his knuckles began to whiten as his eyes started to focus on what he could see below...

29. - Top - End - #119

[Under Furousha]

Vi rolls her eyes and scoffs, approaching Aura. "Fine, let me see a pair." She picks one out. They appear to be able to switch between shaded and non-shaded much like those glasses that react to light, for once. And as Vi touches the edge of the rim, the technology activates, giving her a personal reiatsu readout on both Aura and Fuchs.

"...huh. Ok, I have to admit these are kinda neat." She takes them off, placing them back in the box. Vi looks at aura expectantly. "...So, what's the catch?"
    Aura grins amiably.

"Catch? No catch. Except..."

She purses her lips, tapping her finger to her head for a second. Then she snaps her fingers, grinning.

"Could I borrow your garganta machine? And erm... If not, can me and a friend examine it? We think it's pretty neat."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-02-24 at 08:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

[Under Furousha]

Viatrix eyes Aura.

Fuchs also eyes Aura.

"So, you want to trade some fancy glasses for the secret to my garganta machine." Vi says this about as flat as possible. Then considers for a moment.

Then busts out laughing. "You seriously expect me to give it to you for that low? Come on now, you probably have way more than a few fancy sunglasses to give me." She wipes away a few humorous tears.

"Whether it be cash or more cool gadgets."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-24 at 09:11 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!