New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Default Are there any good cheap or free Adventures I can run starting at 5th level?

So I'm a DM and I want to run in a homebrew world. But I don't have time for all the DM prep any more. I have a 5th level party. That Consist of death monk, fighter swashbuckler ,hexblade barbarian, arcane archer, Phoenix sorcerer, and gunslinger. So I'm looking to see if any of y'all. Can Recommend any good adventures.

Thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Are there any good cheap or free Adventures I can run starting at 5th level?

I don't have an answer for you, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Throne12 View Post
    hexblade barbarian
    What the hell?

3. - Top - End - #3

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Are there any good cheap or free Adventures I can run starting at 5th level?

If you like to improv some of the details and have a more sandbox type world, this one is a ton of fun that my players just finished. https://www.patreon.com/posts/into-feywild-100-6755905

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeonBH View Post

What the hell?
    Cause hexblade jerk off.

5. - Top - End - #5

Kobold

What the hell?
    Yes I have a player. Playing a Multi classed hexblade warlock and bear totem barbarian. He is the biggest powergamer you'll ever see.

6. - Top - End - #6

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by clash View Post
    If you like to improv some of the details and have a more sandbox type world, this one is a ton of fun that my players just finished. https://www.patreon.com/posts/into-feywild-100-6755905
    Thanks but my players are at 5th level now.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nothing I can recommend. Just have to point you to EnSider, Adventure a Week, and DMsGuild to see what you can find.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Throne12 View Post
    Yes I have a player. Playing a Multi classed hexblade warlock and bear totem barbarian. He is the biggest powergamer you'll ever see.

Those are pretty highly anti-synergistic. If he's a power gamer, he's not an especially good one.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post

Those are pretty highly anti-synergistic. If he's a power gamer, he's not an especially good one.
    I can see it working, just not to the full extent a Sorlock can utilize it. He's after the 19-20 crit range and extra damage from Hexblade Curse, even if he can't use the +CHA to hit from Curse Warrior. I'd guess his level 1 spell is Armor of Agathys since it doesn't play off his charisma mod.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

I can see it working, just not to the full extent a Sorlock can utilize it. He's after the 19-20 crit range and extra damage from Hexblade Curse, even if he can't use the +CHA to hit from Curse Warrior. I'd guess his level 1 spell is Armor of Agathys since it doesn't play off his charisma mod.
    Fair enough. I suppose it's not bad for short-term power gain, but he's behind on Extra Attack, getting his extra Rages, and (though this is minor unless the DM consistently gets to level 20) misses out on +4 to Strength and Constitution.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Fair enough. I suppose it's not bad for short-term power gain, but he's behind on Extra Attack, getting his extra Rages, and (though this is minor unless the DM consistently gets to level 20) misses out on +4 to Strength and Constitution.
    But if he uses CHA for his attacks, he doesn't even get the bonus damage from Rage. And if going unarmoured, Dex and Con are still what the AC is coming from. It's not unthinkably terrible, but I'd expect it more from a "regular player" (you could come up with a great story and the combo isn't bad) than from a powergamer (maybe unless they rolled a bunch of 18s, and even then?).

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

With 6 players you should be looking for an adventure designed for 8-10th level characters. 7th at minimum.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems thread has gone off topic

Back on topic -I ran into the same issue when I was DMing. I recommend taking an old module, finding a conversion, since there are plenty of them. For level 5 - try Desert of Desolation - here's a conversion for 5e. Let me see if I have any others I was considering at the time. There is also a full conversion on DMs guild for $3.
    Last edited by Hypersmith; 2017-12-07 at 01:18 PM.
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.