New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mynxae's Maliciously Magnificent Random Banter #183

I was just up in the bathroom and brushing my teeth when suddenly littlest brother (who went to bed more than 2 hours ago) enters the room. He sluggishly walks up to the washbasin, studies his arms thoroughly, and then leaves the room again, all without making a sound or even acknowledging my existence. I had my mouth full of toothpaste, so I couldn't really ask him anything, so there wasn't really anything for him to respond to, but still.

The whole event was quite surreal, and if anything, his sudden arrival and departure made the house feel more empty than if it actually would've been so. Kind of like how when I was little, I didn't like to hear my parents walking past my room or rummage around downstairs, as it'd just make me feel distant and lonely. I think some of those tendencies still are rooted somewhere deep within my person...

ION:
    It's the first sub-zero night for the season (as far as I know). There is frost outside. It's only started to form as of now, but still. White stuff that makes everything pretty! Frost!
    Too bad it'll all be gone when I wake up tomorrow...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I was just up in the bathroom and brushing my teeth when suddenly littlest brother (who went to bed more than 2 hours ago) enters the room. He sluggishly walks up to the washbasin, studies his arms thoroughly, and then leaves the room again, all without making a sound or even acknowledging my existence. I had my mouth full of toothpaste, so I couldn't really ask him anything, so there wasn't really anything for him to respond to, but still.

The whole event was quite surreal, and if anything, his sudden arrival and departure made the house feel more empty than if it actually would've been so. Kind of like how when I was little, I didn't like to hear my parents walking past my room or rummage around downstairs, as it'd just make me feel distant and lonely. I think some of those tendencies still are rooted somewhere deep within my person...

ION:
    It's the first sub-zero night for the season (as far as I know). There is frost outside. It's only started to form as of now, but still. White stuff that makes everything pretty! Frost!
    Too bad it'll all be gone when I wake up tomorrow...
    I understand the feeling. I have to have the TV on, have a fan on, or have someone sleeping with me before I can even really attempt to get a good night sleep. I know it's a little embarassing but man, old habits die hard

Don't worry, your winter will come soon enough. Ours is almost on the way, it's cold as heck outside, and I swear I saw a few snowflakes here or there.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I understand the feeling. I have to have the TV on, have a fan on, or have someone sleeping with me before I can even really attempt to get a good night sleep. I know it's a little embarassing but man, old habits die hard

Don't worry, your winter will come soon enough. Ours is almost on the way, it's cold as heck outside, and I swear I saw a few snowflakes here or there.
    Sure that's a good idea to say out here, Lala? Context, we do not believe in it out here. Or families sharing beds.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-10 at 07:12 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #904

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Sure that's a good idea to say out here, Lala? Context, we do not believe in it out here. Or families sharing beds.
    Yes, because I can freely admit that I've never HAD anyone sleeping with me, except when I was a kid and could sleep with my parents or grandma.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, because I can freely admit that I've never HAD anyone sleeping with me, except when I was a kid and could sleep with my parents or grandma.
    ...where's Cobra when you need him?

I'M JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SNOW. I WANT SNOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH LAST YEAR AND I NEED SNOW!
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-10 at 07:28 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #906

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post

I'M JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SNOW. I WANT SNOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH LAST YEAR AND I NEED SNOW!
    He's a bit busy right now, but I assure you that when he turns he'll be all over this.

You say that, but I am of the oppisite opinion. We get WAY too much snow.

7. - Top - End - #907

He's a bit busy right now, but I assure you that when he turns he'll be all over this.

You say that, but I am of the oppisite opinion. We get WAY too much snow.
    ...All of our moose had to go into Canada because it wasn't cold enough to freeze the brainworm that was killing them. Also, it's not too much snow unless roofs start caving in.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

8. - Top - End - #908

...All of our moose had to go into Canada because it wasn't cold enough to freeze the brainworm that was killing them. Also, it's not too much snow unless roofs start caving in.
    This makes sense to me.

Also, rooves DO cave in, but we have them specially made so they don't anymore unless it gets REALLY bad. Basically what I'm saying is that it's possible.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Ya, what's with that? I only got about half an inch last year (in october), and that was it. Nothing but rain as far as winter precipitation. Maybe that's making up for the year where we got eighteen inches of snow twice over the course of three months.
    A few odds and ends.

10. - Top - End - #910

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Ya, what's with that? I only got about half an inch last year (in october), and that was it. Nothing but rain as far as winter precipitation. Maybe that's making up for the year where we got eighteen inches of snow twice over the course of three months.
    That sounds fantastic to me. Maybe you'll appreciate not being a snow haver if you have to shovel ankle level amounts of it every other day. Just ask Knee, or even Gwyn (wait no he lives in Toronto, they have the military to do THEIR shoveling*)

*obscure Canadian reference

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A priest, a rabbi and a mind flayer walk into a bar.

Bartender looks at the priest and says "What'll it be?"

Priest says "Faith and begorra! You've got my brand! Let me get a Jameson straight-up, boyo." Bartender gets him his drink.

Bartender looks at the rabbi and says "What'll it be?"

Rabbi says "Oy, such a day I've had! A Manischewitz would certainly be a mitzah!" Bartender gets him his drink.

Bartender turns to the mind flayer and says "O ILLUSTRIOUS ILLITHID, TO WHOM NO HUMAN CAN POSSIBLY COMPARE, I THANK YOU FOR GRACING MY BAR WITH YOUR PRESENCE! AND EVEN MORE, FOR GRACING MY PATHETIC HUMAN PSYCHE BY SUBJUGATING IT TO YOUR WILL! HERE IS YOUR TOM COLLINS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds fantastic to me. Maybe you'll appreciate not being a snow haver if you have to shovel ankle level amounts of it every other day. Just ask Knee, or even Gwyn (wait no he lives in Toronto, they have the military to do THEIR shoveling*)

Personally, I rather like snow. (then again, I live in far more temperate latitudes) I don't think shoveling snow would bother me too much (and I could certainly use the exercise), but then again, I don't live in a place where it snows almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Bartender turns to the mind flayer and says "O ILLUSTRIOUS ILLITHID, TO WHOM NO HUMAN CAN POSSIBLY COMPARE, I THANK YOU FOR GRACING MY BAR WITH YOUR PRESENCE! AND EVEN MORE, FOR GRACING MY PATHETIC HUMAN PSYCHE BY SUBJUGATING IT TO YOUR WILL! HERE IS YOUR TOM COLLINS!"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-10-10 at 09:09 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #913

Snow shoveling is character-building fun for the whole family! Well, actually, not the womenfolk. But still!
    Please note this is only for my family. Do not take the second sentence of the above as me casting aspersions on the shoveling abilities of women.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-10-10 at 09:13 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

Snow is wonderful! Too bad I only get to see it in trips to the highlands or the northern reaches.

It's better than year long overcast with the exception of hellish equatorial summers.

I know; I'll pay for the pound of unmelted snow that anyone manages to send since my city hasn't had snow for at least 250 years according to historical records.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Personally, I rather like snow. (then again, I live in far more temperate latitudes) I don't think shoveling snow would bother me too much (and I could certainly use the exercise), but then again, I don't live in a place where it snows almost every day.
    No need for shovelling, nothing a flame-thrower can't solve.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anybody know where I could get reading glasses that look like this?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

A priest, a rabbi and a mind flayer walk into a bar.

Bartender looks at the priest and says "What'll it be?"

Priest says "Faith and begorra! You've got my brand! Let me get a Jameson straight-up, boyo." Bartender gets him his drink.

Bartender looks at the rabbi and says "What'll it be?"

Rabbi says "Oy, such a day I've had! A Manischewitz would certainly be a mitzah!" Bartender gets him his drink.

Oh AT, you do make me giggle at times..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Harry Potter props department.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Oh AT, you do make me giggle at times..
    He does that to everyone. SOMETIMES. Usually, not.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Harry Potter props department.
    I need them, man. They make me all sexy-nerd-chique now that my hair's a bit longer.

He does that to everyone. SOMETIMES. Usually, not.
    Good sir, I oft found funny by those whom I don't drive away with my madness.

19. - Top - End - #919

Snow shoveling is character-building fun for the whole family! Well, actually, not the womenfolk. But still!
    Please note this is only for my family. Do not take the second sentence of the above as me casting aspersions on the shoveling abilities of women.
    I approve, seeing as how I am womanfolk and the only one who DOES shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Snow is wonderful! Too bad I only get to see it in trips to the highlands or the northern reaches.

It's better than year long overcast with the exception of hellish equatorial summers.

I know; I'll pay for the pound of unmelted snow that anyone manages to send since my city hasn't had snow for at least 250 years according to historical records.
    No need for shovelling, nothing a flame-thrower can't solve.
    I'd use a flamethrower if I had one and there wasn't so much wood based structures nearby.

Also yay you're not dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hipsteeeeer!

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

By day, AtlanteanTroll dons a pair of glasses to become his mild-mannered alter ego, Clerk Kant.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    By day, AtlanteanTroll dons a pair of glasses to become his mild-mannered alter ego, Clerk Kant.
    Bahahahaha!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Except actually. I totally look like Clark Kent when I wear those now. It's what I'm doing for Halloween. Getting a Superman shirt, putting a suit on top of it, and walking around that way all day. Except I would probably keep wearing the glasses forever. Because damn.

I swear I'm not a narcissist and that my Ego is about about a 10 out of 10,000,000.

23. - Top - End - #923

I approve, seeing as how I am womanfolk and the only one who DOES shovel.
    Well, my dad says that there's no way two strong young men and one strong old man are going to let my sisters (neither of whom are particularly healthy people) and my mother shovel. Heck, if you'll pay for gas I'll come up to Canada and shovel your driveway.

... Any relation to Immanuel?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #924

NecromancerGuy

Heh, you're giving me flashbacks to the similar point in my life at about a similar time in my life when people finally stopped thinking I looked like harry potter all the time and instead thought I looked like Young Christopher Reeve.

Kinda miss that, actually. No idea what I look like these days, since I don't even look like a lion anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Heh, you're giving me flashbacks to the similar point in my life at about a similar time in my life when people finally stopped thinking I looked like harry potter all the time and instead thought I looked like Young Christopher Reeve.

Kinda miss that, actually. No idea what I look like these days, since I don't even look like a lion anymore.
    Clearly you must post in the You! Thread so I know what my future self will look like. Although I haven't looked like Daniel Radcliffe since elementary school. I was a dead ringer for a bit when we were both younger though.

26. - Top - End - #926

Well, my dad says that there's no way two strong young men and one strong old man are going to let my sisters (neither of whom are particularly healthy people) and my mother shovel. Heck, if you'll pay for gas I'll come up to Canada and shovel your driveway.

... Any relation to Immanuel?
    Unfortunately, I don't have the money for that. And aaah, that makes a lot of sense.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Firbolg in the Playground

Uh. I am not looking forwards to the colder months. I live in northern Scotland, and my windows don't shut properly, especially the one in the bedroom. I think the frame warped or something, because there's always a gap left open no matter how hard I try (usually in the top right corner) and thus my room can get really quite cold.

My one consolation is that I have a double quilt all to myself for hibernation purposes.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

28. - Top - End - #928

NecromancerGuy

Clearly you must post in the You! Thread so I know what my future self will look like. Although I haven't looked like Daniel Radcliffe since elementary school. I was a dead ringer for a bit when we were both younger though.
    I suppose since there's no longer a search function you can't exactly easily find all of the vanity I festooned the thread with in the past after all, haha.

And I did mean to shamelessly embarrass myself by how bad I look in a dress... Though that's unrelated.

I don't think you have 9 months to devote to shoveling snow up above the arctic circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Uh. I am not looking forwards to the colder months. I live in northern Scotland, and my windows don't shut properly, especially the one in the bedroom. I think the frame warped or something, because there's always a gap left open no matter how hard I try (usually in the top right corner) and thus my room can get really quite cold.

My one consolation is that I have a double quilt all to myself for hibernation purposes.
    Do you have duct tape and spare material that you don't mind getting ruined forming a crude seal? I remember using plastic and duct tape to form a crude bit of insulation over some windows I never opened and which didn't let in all that much light anymore because it felt like they were just sucking the heat out of the air whenever I walked by them.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-10 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #929

I suppose since there's no longer a search function you can't exactly easily find all of the vanity I festooned the thread with in the past after all, haha.

And I did mean to shamelessly embarrass myself by how bad I look in a dress... Though that's unrelated.
    Bah, all you have to do is google search "(username) site:giantitp.com" (no quotes). Easy to find pics of peeps.

I don't think you have 9 months to devote to shoveling snow up above the arctic circle.
    Well, it would be ungentlemanly to not even offer.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd use a flamethrower if I had one and there wasn't so much wood based structures nearby.

Also yay you're not dead.
    What is a bit of burnt wood in relation to the commodity of less shovelling?

And effectively m' lady, I'm not dead. Many have tried, my siblings top amongst them, but indeed the realm of the dead is still a boat trip away.
    "It is the categorical imperative I ring this item up and demand equivalent payment; but I won't dwell into the workings of the meta-economics behind the realization of this payment, for the realm which clerkology has postulated for itself must contain substance... in this case a spill in hallway 3."
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-10 at 11:22 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.