New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Erfworld, The Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    That's a sucker bet, since Miklaus isn't claiming Wanda put her there (nor is anyone else.) It was Olive who last had possession of the Jillian Ball.
    That's not what Miklus said.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Ten schmuckers says Wanda put Jillian where she just woke up so she could do just that.
    Emphasis mine. Assuming of course that "where she just woke up" means "in the same garden as Overlady Dorothy".

I still think it's up for grabs though. Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

It was Olive who last had possession of the Jillian Ball.
    Jillian Ball. Is that the Erfworld term for Idiot Ball now?

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    T...Assuming of course that "where she just woke up" means "in the same garden as Overlady Dorothy".
    Yeah, I meant that Wanda somehow managed to get her hands on the zoinked out Jillian and moved her into the garden. I mean, you would normally not put dangerous prisoners of war next to your defenseless ruler. I smell a rat. And why would Olive allow Jillian near the ruler, let alone to be unguarded? Someone put Jillian there and Wanda is the most likely suspect.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

The question then is, though, is Jillian a dangerous prisoner of war? I would say not while she's under the influence of the flowers!

Having said that, Wanda having arranged for her to be there is possible, I just wonder why there's never been another prisoner she could pull that trick with?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    Yeah, I meant that Wanda somehow managed to get her hands on the zoinked out Jillian and moved her into the garden. I mean, you would normally not put dangerous prisoners of war next to your defenseless ruler. I smell a rat. And why would Olive allow Jillian near the ruler, let alone to be unguarded? Someone put Jillian there and Wanda is the most likely suspect.
    Olive made a mistake, is my view (Villains always tend to get sloppy in the third act, especially if they haven't made any mistakes beforehand). Or some third party moved Jillian (unlikely, because ). Or her addiction led her eventually to the patch with the stash, and Dorothy was there (not unreasonable, IMO, especially since both were addicted to the flowers, Dorothy for quite some time apparently). Also, Olive may have underestimated Jillian's ability to wreak havoc (not unreasonable, given Jillian's drugged-out and incapacitated POV).
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Olive may have underestimated Jillian's ability to wreak havoc (not unreasonable, given Jillian's drugged-out and incapacitated POV).
    Either Olive didn't expect Jillian to overcome the effects of her happy flowers enough to be semi coherent (assuming she IS lucid enough to try and kill the ruler but not lucid enough to figure out that when the ruler dies the garden and all its happy flowers vanishes), Or, Jillian was the first flower addict thick enough not to figure out how to use the flowers and thus get into conversation with her ruler.

By the way, is Vanda a flower addict too?

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Either Olive didn't expect Jillian to overcome the effects of her happy flowers enough to be semi coherent (assuming she IS lucid enough to try and kill the ruler but not lucid enough to figure out that when the ruler dies the garden and all its happy flowers vanishes), Or, Jillian was the first flower addict thick enough not to figure out how to use the flowers and thus get into conversation with her ruler.

Neither would entirely surprise me; but Wanda is definitely not a flower addict. If anything, she's addicted to preserving the memories in her graveyard.

8. - Top - End - #1358

I thought about the same question, but when I checked I could not see any pink flower in Wandas hair or any mention of such. An addiction would explain Wandas sorry condition, but it would appear to be the result of some other cause. Besides, Wanda was perfectly alert, not Zoinked out. What good would a caster be if she could not cast anyway? Wanda is needed to make uncroaked, Haffaton seems to use them quite a lot.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

How much do you want to bet that Wanda thought one of those things though.

By the way, is Wanda a flower addict too?
    Hmm. I don't think Wanda is an addict. Bit that does not mean she has not been heavily exposed to them. What if these flowers are what Olive uses to break/turn people? Wanda spent a lot of time with Jillian and probably knows how her mind works. And that the flowers might not do the trick with her. In this case Jillian's natueral impulse to commite violence is something that might save her and her side. (shocked) I think you may have to right guttering.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ah. New page is up.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

This panel contains very very little Parson/Portal shipping though...
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    This panel contains very very little Parson/Portal shipping though...
    But at least something is moving on, on this other side of the portal...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

13. - Top - End - #1363

New Book 0 page.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like Jillian managed to resist her normal instincts. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Overlady's name "Dorothy" before? Been reconjured to Judy Gale. And the city of el-Efbaum. Parson would have a field day.

Begin speculation on who the "nice man" was/is.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

14. - Top - End - #1364

Spoiler
    Show
    It was indeed retconjured and I'm not quite sure why. My initial thought was to make the analogy to the witch instead of Dorothy, as Judy's holding a broomstick, but no, the witch in this situation is quite clearly Olive.

And calling it now, Judy's an otherworlder.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

The Native boards are assuming that The Wizard is charlie and either Judy (btw kudos to Xin for the truly horrifying erfed Judy Garland) or Charlie or possibly both are from Stupidworld or some other place similarly...
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know about Charlie yet, but Judy certainly seems to be a canidate to be from Stupidworld. If she is though, people have utterly missed the most impoartant implication. Judy is the Ruler of a Side despite not being from Erf. The logical conclusion is that Parson could take control of a side as well. And were is Parson now? In a Capital city.

Some people have said that Judy cannot be from Stupidworld since she is the same size/scale as Jillian. But we have seen Parson change since he arrived on Erf and what if the proccess continues?

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    My money's on Charlie. He's a powerful magic user, a ruler, a nice guy (conversation-wise at least) and he now prefers blue. Tack on to that the fact that his capital city resembles the emerald city a little bit and the fact that this update ended on 'he prefers blue now' obviously meaning that's supposed to be a big deal for some reason. Then there's the fact that she's being punished for letting him go...and Charlie seems to be an enemy of the majority of the Magic Kingdom...

I really wanted to do the 'Dun dun dun!' thing at the end of this one

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly thought 'Overlord Firebaugh' when she said 'blue'
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #1369

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, the 'nice man' being Charlie is a safe bet. Which has some disturbing implications. As in, if Judy is a Stupidworlder called in to defeat Charlie and being punished for not doing so, presumably by the same coalition of casters aligned against him, what do they have planned for Parson when he starts refusing to play along?

And just how many 'perfect Warlords' have they summoned up?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    But we're all missing something. If Judy is a Stupidworlder, why is she the same size as Jillian? Jillian was popped and raised in Faq, in Erfworld, and is thus the size of a child to a Stupidworlder.

Also, some Retconjuration's been going on; "Dorothy" in the last Book 0 page has been inexplicably changed to "Judy Gale".
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-11-16 at 04:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show
    But we're all missing something. If Judy is a Stupidworlder, why is she the same size as Jillian? Jillian was popped and raised in Faq, in Erfworld, and is thus the size of a child to a Stupidworlder.

Also, some Retconjuration's been going on; "Dorothy" in the last Book 0 page has been inexplicably changed to "Judy Gale".
    Spoiler
    Show

Working on this theory...who says Judy is a Stupidworlder adult?

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She went from being named Dorothy to being named after Judy Garland. I can't figure out why though; the Baum books are in the public domain.

Spoiler
    Show

So is the fat little man in Jillian's head the real Charlie?

23. - Top - End - #1373

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    She went from being named Dorothy to being named after Judy Garland. I can't figure out why though; the Baum books are in the public domain.
    Just to make a stronger connection to the movie would be my guess. Gale was Dorothy's last name.

Also not for a minute buying the "Judy is a Stupidworlder." Parson recognizes the pop culture references, he does not create them. Judy gives no indication of being in the same situation, and seems to be quite accepting that her world is as it is because it's the way the Titans made it.

Also not buying that the "Nice Man" is Charlie. "He prefers blue now" is next to meaningless, given that there's no indication that Charlie does so other then Archons' flight attendant livery. Their dance fighting outfits though were pink and white before they changed to Wanda's colors.
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2012-11-16 at 10:56 PM.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

Also not buying that the "Nice Man" is Charlie. "He prefers blue now" is next to meaningless, given that there's no indication that Charlie does so other then Archons' flight attendant livery. Their dance fighting outfits though were pink and white before they changed to Wanda's colors.
    His capital and the arkendish's aura are rather blue colored.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Capital and only city.. and again in one of the more recent text updates, with the far more detailed pictures http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archi...2010-03-12.png City is blue, Dish is blue, accent glows are blue, even the mountains are blue.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then there's the fact that she's being punished for letting him go...and Charlie seems to be an enemy of the majority of the Magic Kingdom...
    Actually, IIRC, there was an update way back that said he has a good reputation in the Magic Kingdom; it's just the thinkamancers (and maybe a few other casters in the peace-on-Erf conspiracy) who don't like him.

Edit: Found it. Technically, it says he has "an excellent reputation as an employer [in the Magic Kingdom]", so I guess there's some room for debate. But I don't remember anything that indicates that the majority of the MK is against him.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 2012-11-17 at 12:09 AM.
    Avatar by Tom Siddell, author and artist of Gunnerkrigg Court.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Also not for a minute buying the "Judy is a Stupidworlder." Parson recognizes the pop culture references, he does not create them. Judy gives no indication of being in the same situation, and seems to be quite accepting that her world is as it is because it's the way the Titans made it.
    We really have no idea is Judy does rot does not recognize pop culture references. Just because you recognize something does not mean you have point it out. The fact that she uses a Stupidworld term (kill) as her normal mode of speaking does not fit with her being from Erf.

And here is a theory about what Olive is doing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right now Olive has her ruler controled and she put Jillian in the same place. What happens is King Banhammer is killed? Jillian becomes the boss and Olive has her under her control. And through Jillian, Olive will control Faq just like she controles her own side. Now say Olive keeps doing this with different sides, she could end up controling all of Erf.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

She could--except we know that's not what happens, don't we? That's part of the problem of a prequel, we know how things ultimately are in Parson's time so we know some things that can't happen now--neither Jillian nor Wanda can die at any point, for instance.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    She could--except we know that's not what happens, don't we? That's part of the problem of a prequel, we know how things ultimately are in Parson's time so we know some things that can't happen now--neither Jillian nor Wanda can die at any point, for instance.
    Or maybe they will, thus proving that one/both of them was Retconjurred back into existence
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Firbolg in the Playground

That evil-plan requires for her to capture heirs though, which I don't think is ALL that likely an occurance...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.