New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery IV (some [spoiler]s)

Okay, so first Belkar trips Jenny, and now Crystal. I'd say that's indicative of Improved Trip.

More importantly, with six attacks per round, Belkar has Greater TWF, and the prerequisite Dex 19.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Belkar got six attacks in the second panel in this comic.. Suggest anything?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

I personally think that Belker has Combat expirtise, Improved trip, and an Int of at least 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Belker probably has quick draw, since he drew his dagger and full attacked in one panel

Wouldn't Julia The most popular girl in school have more then 10 charisma?
    Last edited by Istari; 2008-12-13 at 07:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadic View Post
    It means he's at least an 11th level two-weapon fighting ranger. We already knew that. Since he didn't get 7 attacks, he's probably not a 16th level ranger, but that's also not surprising, since he'd have to be 17th level overall to accomplish that, which would put him two levels ahead of Haley.
    Here is a numbering of all character appearances in OOTS

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadic View Post
    6 attacks, a Trip, and another attack. The other attack is probably the AoO she provoked from standing(or a bonus from Imp Trip, so it doesn't show anything), and the Trip could be Knockdown. At least 12th level means 3 attacks from AB, toss in one from Speed(weapon or boots) and he only needs Imp Twf which tells us nothing about his stats. But we have narrowed his options somewhat, and Imp TWF is needed either way.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

7. - Top - End - #307

You've put Haley's bow in amongst Roy's stuff.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

In this comic, Belkar jumps more than 60' in one attempt(I'm assuming he takes the running start even though he doesn't seem to). That's a DC 65 check. His Ring of Jumping adds 20, Rage adds 2, a nat 20 roll adds 20, ranks add 15(I think they're 12), Tumble adds 2 meaning we need 7 more. 5 can be from feats, meaning he still needs 14 Str minimum, and that's a lot of stuff I'm assuming that he probably doesn't have.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Colossus in the Playground

Wrecan Belker just has to be 16th level in order to meet the BAB requirements of seven attacks in round because both Ranger and Barbarian have full base attack bonuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ok, Crystal is still alive, and has like a 4 Int.
    Bard with the self-discipline of a kitten on cocaine....
    The "Tiny Firebreathing Avatar of Death!" himself!

I am a Neutral Good Human Bard/Wizard (6th/4th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 18
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 16

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by baerdith View Post
    Ok, Crystal is still alive, and has like a 4 Int.
    Crystal's int is not defined in the comic, but it should fall in the range of 3 to 9 due to her stupidity.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It's a joke, son.

As far as Belkar, he jumped to dodge Crystal's attack, then did his six AND tripped her. That seems a bit like 7 attacks. His flying near death attack was from AoO when she fell, but that trip attack.....

Oh, and just to keep it going, B said find MY cat. Mr. Scruffy is B's AC!!
    Last edited by baerdith; 2008-12-13 at 11:46 PM.
    Bard with the self-discipline of a kitten on cocaine....
    The "Tiny Firebreathing Avatar of Death!" himself!

I am a Neutral Good Human Bard/Wizard (6th/4th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 18
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 16

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by baerdith View Post
    As far as Belkar, he jumped to dodge Crystal's attack, then did his six AND tripped her. That seems a bit like 7 attacks. His flying near death attack was from AoO when she fell, but that trip attack.....
    Could be Knockdown. He would still need either GTWF or a Weapon of Speed, even so. But that does mean there's 3 abilities that boost his # of attacks and he needs 2 of them.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecan View Post
    It means he's at least an 11th level two-weapon fighting ranger. We already knew that. Since he didn't get 7 attacks, he's probably not a 16th level ranger, but that's also not surprising, since he'd have to be 17th level overall to accomplish that, which would put him two levels ahead of Haley.
    How exactly?

If he is rng14/bar2, his (base) attacks are 16/11/6/1 and has GTWF, which means an offhand 16/11/6. That's 7.
    GENERATION (-0.558792 + 0.603306 i)+c. If this is the first time you see this copy it into your signature, square the generation and add c. Fractal experiment.

GENERATION (Sorry Defiant, I won't pick that up too).

Hey, at least I don't have dragons in my sig...

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro Globus View Post
    How exactly?

If he is rng14/bar2, his (base) attacks are 16/11/6/1 and has GTWF, which means an offhand 16/11/6. That's 7.
    But Haley is only 15 at best, and there's debate over that. Belkar probably isn't higher.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Is it possible that Crystal did something in panel 3 to provoke an attack of opportunity? Improved Trip I could accept, but nobody's cast Haste on Belkar this fight, and he hasn't had any opportunity to pick up an item of speed since the last time we saw him full-attacking.

We should probably give him credit for Improved Trip (and Combat Expertise and 13 Int), though, since without that he seems to need both an implausibly high level and an item of speed.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Is it possible that Crystal did something in panel 3 to provoke an attack of opportunity? Improved Trip I could accept, but nobody's cast Haste on Belkar this fight, and he hasn't had any opportunity to pick up an item of speed since the last time we saw him full-attacking.

We should probably give him credit for Improved Trip (and Combat Expertise and 13 Int), though, since without that he seems to need both an implausibly high level and an item of speed.
    She's not a caster, so she probably didn't provoke. She could have, but Knockdown works as well for attack #7(Imp Trip doesn't, though it explains why she didn't AoO). And we don't see most of the Order's loot, so he could have looted items of Speed from someone and they just didn't mention it. Or he could have GTWF.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

I think he has 7 attacks, the way I wrote a few posts before. That means 6 normal attack, an Imp. Trip and the last attack an AoO.
    Last edited by Hydro Globus; 2008-12-14 at 01:35 AM.
    GENERATION (-0.558792 + 0.603306 i)+c. If this is the first time you see this copy it into your signature, square the generation and add c. Fractal experiment.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

I think he has 7 attacks, the way I wrote a few posts before. That means 6 normal attack, an Imp. Trip and the last attack an AoO.
    You don't need Imp Trip to trip. And again, Knockdown works better than him having a level greater than Haley when he's got both an XP penalty and wasn't able to fight for a long while.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

Sure, but then Belkar would need 8 attacks, and it's a bit much, isn't it?

(for the last attack, I didn't mean AoO, I meant the extra attack from the trip, sorry).

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, but then Belkar would need 8 attacks, and it's a bit much, isn't it?

(for the last attack, I didn't mean AoO, I meant the extra attack from the trip, sorry).
    Could be the attack Crystal provoked from standing up. And Knockback explains attack #7, meaning he only needs 6.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

22. - Top - End - #322

Belker dropped the shield, then drew a dagger and did six attacks in one panel
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0616.html
    Wouldn't he have to have quick draw to do that as a free action?

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Wrecan Belker just has to be 16th level in order to meet the BAB requirements of seven attacks in round because both Ranger and Barbarian have full base attack bonuses
    Point taken. My bad.
    Here is a numbering of all character appearances in OOTS

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    true, but if he's Chaotic, and his style of behaviour suggests it, he will be coping with a negative level penalty every time he picks it up (will never result in level loss though)
    Not really. He could easily be Neutral and use the Axiomatic weapon without the penalty. Also, betraying his friend is more Evil than Chaotic.
    Treasurer of the Fan Club. (And in desperate need of donations).

A fan before it was cool.

Probationary conscript of the Fan Club.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belkar should now have quick draw feat added. He drew his dagger and did 6 attacks in one frame. since i believe it is standard that one round = one frame in the geekery thread.

Feat list

Feats (5): Craft Disturbing Mental Image (probably a gag not counted for min level), Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Two-Weapon Pounce, Quick Draw (minimum level 12, 15 if you count craft disturbing mental image)

Ranger Feats(9): Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Evasion, Swift Tracker, Woodland stride, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Endurance, Two-Weapon Fighting, Wild Empathy, Track

3 favored enemy(my votes would be for humans, horses, elves)

1 animal companion, although unless house ruled in, mr. scruffy as a house cat couldn't be an animal companion by any of the animal companion lists

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bdh5533 View Post
    3 favored enemy(my votes would be for humans, horses, elves)
    There is no way Belkar doesn't have Kobolds (dragonlike humanoids maybe?) as a FE.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also i would propose a few standards for the first page/faq

1 frame = 1 round for geekery purposes

spell animations may count for number of spells cast, and possible damage type, but will not indicate level of spell or exact spell.

anything before the first story arc ending at strip 120, should be first to be over-ridden for any kind of contradictions (the first few strips were more about getting some dnd rules jokes in anyway )

I'm sure i'm missing some of the things that seem to be standards.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is no way Belkar doesn't have Kobolds (dragonlike humanoids maybe?) as a FE.
    lol oh you are right!

Kobolds, Horses, (blue wearing) Humans then :D

29. - Top - End - #329
    Pixie in the Playground

Feat list

Feats (5): Craft Disturbing Mental Image (probably a gag not counted for min level), Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Two-Weapon Pounce, Quick Draw (minimum level 12, 15 if you count craft disturbing mental image)
    Just wondering. Why would a barbarian fighting with two daggers (or shortwords, or in any case, two LIGHT weapons) want to use power attack? Power attack does NOT add damage to light weapons. Taking power attack then means just being allowed to get a -x on attacks, without any bonus.
    Improved sunder is also a strange feat to have. I don't recall him sundering stuff (well, the hydra's heads, of course, but that's just about it)

As an aside, hitting 6 attacks on a favored enemy would be something like 70 damage(6d4+6x(favored enemy + weapon + half str) = avg 15+60?), so that would bring down a rogue/assassin pretty quick alright.
    I hate sigs -- Grumpy Smurf

30. - Top - End - #330

Belkar should now have quick draw feat added. He drew his dagger and did 6 attacks in one frame. since i believe it is standard that one round = one frame in the geekery thread.

Feat list

Ranger Feats(9): Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Evasion, Swift Tracker, Woodland stride, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Endurance, Two-Weapon Fighting, Wild Empathy, Track
    That's "Craft (Disturbing Mental Image)", probably a Skill, since there is a skill called "Craft", and you need to further classify it, with possibilities like Craft (Weaponsmithing), Craft (Alchemy), etc.