New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Werewolf Classic Lite - Game on!

I think....Uncle Festy

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Bushranger is my choice for today, seems too little evidence against Selrahc for my liking.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

Too little evidence against Selrahc?!?

In any case by lynching him we gain evidence.

I want to know what happened to the bandwagin I tried to start against Uncle Festy! That guy is so guilty! Why didn't everyone point at him?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

4. - Top - End - #124

Ok, work has given me a spare moment, I'd like to share some thoughts with you all and leave you to make your own conclusions:

Day 1
    =====

Two bandwagons. Lamech, a villager, gets lynched in preference to Selrahc. Key votes are Bayar, Uncle Festy, Gnome 4ever, and of course Selrahc himself.

Day 2
    =====

Two bandwagons again.Haruki kun, a villager, gets lynched in preference to Selrahc and a somewhat late and after-the-fact bandwagon against Andre, a villager. Key votes are The Bushranger, Uncle Festy (again!!) and of course Selrahc. Somewhat curiously, Bayar and Gnome 4ever point at the same target (again) within a few posts of each other (again). That target is Andre.

Day 3
    =====

Andre Fairchilde, a villager gets lynched in preference to Uncle Festy. Key votes are Bayar, Uncle Festy, Radikal Skippy and The Bushranger. Selrahc points at Uncle Festy at a critical moment. However Gnome 4ever points at the same target as Bayar again, and even if Blue Umbrella and Wolfbane hadn't changed their votes Uncle Festy would still have survived.

Day 4
    =====

Uncle Festy makes a conspicuous point at Selrahc "for the same reasons as yesterday". If he had reasons to point at Selrahc yesterday, why didn't he? Pure survival. I haven't checked his yesterday reasons yet. They wouldn't change my mind anyway.

So to summarise this all:

For two days in a row Uncle Festy has consipcuously assisted Selrahc's survical. When he himself comes under suspicion, he is saved. There are no masons. There is only one team that could conspire in this way.

For three days in a row, Bayar and Gnome 4ever have been joined at the hip, voting the same way with a minimum of comment as to why they vote the way they do. On EVERY DAY SO FAR their votes have been critical, or close to critical, in saving the person who didn't quite get lynched.

Time for some character analysis of the wolves.

Night 1 had no night kill. Other night kills have been oddly targetted. I know I'm so going to get killed for this, but if you were a wolf in a game with no seer, no baner, and no masons. Who are the targets going to be? People like me. So why not target us? Because one or more of the wolves is a veteran player. Someone who would stand out a mile if they were the only veteran left alive. Someone like Alarra. Or Uncle Festy. Or Selrahc. So who then do you target? I think if it were me I'd do it randomly.

However if the wolves have such a player in their midst, how come they missed the night 1 kill? I don't know.

The very last thing I'd like to say is that we have 4 very suspicious characters. They may well not all be wolves. They may none of them be wolves. But if you have a choice between 4 people with a voting record like that, and someone else who has done nothing particularly suspicious, why does everyone keep pointing at the people who have done nothing particularly suspicious? Haruki Kun had, as far as I can tell, done nothing to warrant suspicion. Selrahc had narrowly escaped death, aided and abetted by a few suspicious votes including Gnome 4ever and Bayar. Andre was looking a little shady, but nothing LIKE as suspicious as Selrahc and Uncle Festy now were.

We have no seer, no masons, no baner. We HAVE to be the best we can be. So can we please stop pointing at random people like Dirk Kris when we have no fewer than FOUR highly likely wolves!!!!

===EDIT in case previous post actually made it===

Dirk Kris was yesterday. I meant Fin.

Fin's votes were:

Day 1 - no vote.
    Day 2 - Selrahc.
    Day 3 - Selrahc.

[sarcasm]Oh my, that's soooo suspicious.[/sarcasm] So why are people pointing at him???
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we need to lynch Selrahc for information purposes. If he is a wolf the first couple of days votings could teach us a lot. If he isn't, well, at least we'll know.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

I find JX's post really educational...

*Point at Selrahc*
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Bushranger although...using logic...meh.

Also, wow, was I and gnome4ever really copying each other ? Scary...
    Last edited by Bayar; 2009-03-03 at 07:06 AM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Selrahc today, Selrahc tomorrow and Selrahc every day until I know his role! If he is a wolf we know who saved him, they would then be good wolf suspects. If he is a villager then we know who pushed the Selrahc wagon (which I know includes myself, but c'mon! Who would be that stupid!) and they may well be wolves. How do we lose by killing him? Also when did he become (as he, himself puts it) a 'known villager'??
    Last edited by Fin; 2009-03-02 at 04:00 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would have to agree with Bayar. Ironically I was going to vote for Bushranger too...

If it'll show peoples I'm a villager any more I'm going to vote for Uncle Festy. He's the only person on your list 4 times and I don't like how finicky he's acting.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2009-03-02 at 01:43 PM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Looking over the evidence, I still don't think we should lynch Selrahc, he could be very useful to the villager side, and the LAST thing the village needs is some huge, hulking bandwagon that provides next to no information for the day other than his role.
    -TF2 Medic

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Uncle Festy.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Also when did he become (as he, himself puts it) a 'known villager'??
    Well *I* know I'm a villager.

Also. switch vote to Festy

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by gnome_4ever View Post
    I would have to agree with Bayar. Ironically I was going to vote for Bushranger too...

If it'll show peoples I'm a villager any more I'm going to vote for Uncle Festy. He's the only person on your list 4 times and I don't like how finicky he's acting.

Oh yeah, that'll work. To paraphrase your post...

I'm going to vote for Uncle Festy because it'll make me seem more innocent.
    I also find it very curious how no-one who is high on my suspicion list is pointing at Selrahc apart from Uncle Festy:

Bayar: The Bushranger
    Gnome 4ever: Uncle Festy
    Selrahc: Uncle Festy
    The Bushranger: Uncle Festy

I can only think of one real reason and one reason that can't possibly be true. The reason that can't possibly be true is because they don't want to lynch a wolf. No I think it's more likely that if Selrahc was a wolf that they would all jump on the bandwagon to show how goody goody they are. I suspect they are all voting away so that when Selrahc is lynched they can say "See I told you he wasn't a wolf. I didn't vote for him because I'm a good little villager who didn't want to lynch another villager!"

Unfortunately the best way to prove or disprove this theory is to lynch Selrahc.

As a second point, the way the votes are all going, Uncle Festy seems less suspicious. A couple more votes and UF gets lynched instead of Selrahc. However, The Bushranger seems more suspicious, all the more because Bayar pointed at him. So right now, Bayar, Gnome 4ever, and The Bushranger seem most suspicious to me.

I still think we ought to lynch Selrahc anyway, just in case, and just so we know for sure.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Wooo! This is the first time ever that my logic has been pretty much the same as someone who can actually analyse the freakin' things! Albeit Jontom put it much more eloquently
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

15. - Top - End - #135

Kobold

Well, Xire, you could have just asked me if I was a wolf or no. Because, you know, I never lie about my role. Oh, and I am a villager. When I will be dead, i will quote this post just to remind everybody.

And switching point to Selrahc. Why ? I dunno. If you say we could learn something from this (and you seem to have more experience with these games), might as well help out.

Although, if you turn out to be a wolf, :selfhang: .

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Well, Xire, you could have just asked me if I was a wolf or no. Because, you know, I never lie about my role.

if that was true you would lose every game that you play a wolf and no-one would ever want to play with you because if you ended up both being on the wolfly team, the wolves are basically handicapped. Also if you never lie about your role, pity the villagers if you end up with a baner or seer role.

So forgive me if I don't believe you, and the day you confess to being a wolf just 'cos someone asked you is the day I boycott every game you ever play in.

Anyway, just to put you to the test: Bayar, what is your role in every game you are currently playing?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Bayar, even if he is a mage muffin.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

Selrahc gets my vote today, and I'll go ahead and hold onto my suspicions in case the wolves decide they're gonna off me, too. Poor BU...we miss your hairy little avatar already.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

19. - Top - End - #139

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    if that was true you would lose every game that you play a wolf and no-one would ever want to play with you because if you ended up both being on the wolfly team, the wolves are basically handicapped. Also if you never lie about your role, pity the villagers if you end up with a baner or seer role.

So forgive me if I don't believe you, and the day you confess to being a wolf just 'cos someone asked you is the day I boycott every game you ever play in.

Anyway, just to put you to the test: Bayar, what is your role in every game you are currently playing?
    Well, in Death Note 1, they said i was Kira. I just said I have a power role. Nothing more.

Edit: I play a villager in this game and a corpse in all other current games
    Last edited by Bayar; 2009-03-03 at 04:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Blah! "Information gathering" what a load of junk. That's just a way to distance yourself from the result if (when) I turn out to be a villager. "Oh well we might have lynched another innocent, but at least we learned a lot. Therefore nobody should attempt to lynch me. No sir."

I'm betting there are 5 wolves. We've already lost 5 villagers, with a pretty much certainty of having lost seven by the start of tomorrow(Me and the night kill)

So if Jontom is a wolf, and his list is just a bogus tissue of coincidences, then he only needs to push through another two days of voting to get the win. And since his list contains 4 people, in two "flavours" of suspicion then he might well be able to force it through.

Anyway, take that as my final thoughts, since it's obvious I'm not getting away with a close shave today.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Day 4 ends.

The village is at a state of chaos today. It would be about time something productive is done about this werewolf problem.

“Say, what about the graveyard? I bet all the bodies there would provide a good buffet for hungry wolves.“

“You mean something like McDonalds, only with meat being rotten bad and lettuce being nonexistent?“

“That's... one way to put it.“

“Doesn't make much sense. Why would wolves eat the dead when they have the living at their disposal? I would think that fresh meat is better than long dead one. And before you start flinging wild accusations, it's just a common sense.“

“Dead meat has less calories?“

“And why would wolves care about that?“

“They need to stay in shape, so they can catch athletes like you?“

“...

Flattery will get you everywhere. Lets go!“

And so everybody grabs a weapon and heads for the town cemetery. Stepping through the big door, the chill wind blows and the hair on everybody's back stands up. Suddenly, somebody thinks they heard a small sound, coming from nearby.

“Lets go see what this is all about.“

Raising the pitchforks high, everybody follows this brave soul as he walks towards the sound. Soon, they come to an isolated grave. It would appear the sound is coming from bellow the ground.

“What kind of foul sorcery is this?“

But before anybody can answer that the dirt start erupting from the grave, as something big starts crawling out of it. Soon, a hippo with wings stands before the assorted villagers, looking at them with vacant eyes. His muzzle opens and out comes a gurgling sound. Not waiting for anything more, the villagers jump on him, sticking their weapons in him... but nothing seems to work. When all seems bleak, a loud sounds can be heard behind them and the hippo falls to the ground, half of his head missing. Looking behind them, they see one of the oldest villagers still alive with a big, double barreled musket in his hands.

“Me pappy always said there's no such thing as too much firepower, ahehehe!“

Summary: Selrahc was lynched, he was a villager. Night 4 starts now and ends in 24 hours.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

22. - Top - End - #142

Well at least that proves all my theories wrong, which is a good thing 'cos now we can stop chasing false leads. It would have been nicer if Selrahc was a wolf though.

Anyway I still think Gnome 4ever's post was highly suspicious.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

... I regret nothing! We can learn from this people!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground

… ooh, does that mean I'm not suspicious anymore?
    SWEET!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

End of Night 4

The town gathered at the Wolves Bane, now under new management after the unfortunate lynching of Andre Fairchilde. They decided that it would be better to stick close together for now.

The bard decided to entertain them with a rocking jam session, despite rock music being inappropriate for the implied period. Meh, like the narrators care. We're lazy. Also we died in the opening narration, so you're lucky we bother to show up at all.

The villagers were on their feet, cheering and clapping and holding up anachronistic lighters and cell phones, demanding more. It was great to have something cheerful to give them a break from all the death lately. He played for hours, until his voice gave out.

The bard ducked behind the bar for a break and to quench his thirst before doing one last encore of Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive.

In the morning, they found his mostly eaten body. It seems the wolves wanted him dead.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dirk Kris went out in a blaze of glory. He was a villager.

Day 5 begins now, and will be slightly shorter to try and get the updates back to a workable time. Barring forum outages, day will end at 10pm GMT Friday, March 6.

Wolfbane and Zar Peter must vote today to avoid autolynch.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Under new management? I think not. All the ghosts gather here to snipe and have milk and cookies. And play D&D.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

*baps Andre with ghost-touch rolled up newspaper*

It's under narrator management now.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Uh oh. Looks like Ghost Andre isn't to happy to see someone try to take over his bar.

I think it's Bayar's fault.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Jontom Xire smells wolfy to me.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

The Bushranger's hands are ON FIRE!!!
    -TF2 Medic