New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I believe the correct term for the latter picture is
    "Derpy gon' Derp"
    I just imagine that scene unfold:

Luna and Celestia, after a long day, collapse into bed. Luna has her own, but is too tired to go all the way across the room, and this will annoy her sister besides. As they lay there, laughing and chatting, Derpy calmly walks in, past the guards. Without a words beyond a few inquisitive hums, she climbs up on the bed and shimmies under the covers between the too. "Ah yes, this will do nicely" she states cheerfully. She pulls out a bubblepipe and monocle and sits up, staring at the far wall as though in deep introspection. Finally, without a word, she falls over, instantly asleep. Celesita and Luna can only stare, mouths agape. Derpy begins to snore.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Not quite sure if "derp" is the correct verb in that particular caption...
    It's Derpy. The verb means whatever she wants. You going to question it?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #183

Wow, that was strange. Apparently page 7 was a shy one.

One could almost say... A Fluttershy one! Oh ho ho!

(Seriously, two ponies double posted and somepony posted again specifically to force the page and it STILL didn't go. Jeez.)

It's Derpy. The verb means whatever she wants. You going to question it?
    I am questioning it! I AM QUESTIONING IT!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-04 at 01:33 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I just imagine that scene unfold:

Luna and Celestia, after a long day, collapse into bed. Luna has her own, but is too tired to go all the way across the room, and this will annoy her sister besides. As they lay there, laughing and chatting, Derpy calmly walks in, past the guards. Without a words beyond a few inquisitive hums, she climbs up on the bed and shimmies under the covers between the too. "Ah yes, this will do nicely" she states cheerfully. She pulls out a bubblepipe and monocle and sits up, staring at the far wall as though in deep introspection. Finally, without a word, she falls over, instantly asleep. Celesita and Luna can only stare, mouths agape. Derpy begins to snore.
    i was thinking more that derpy gave the princesses some muffins with an added "special" ingredient...next thing they know they are waking up in that pic
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am questioning it! I AM QUESTIONING IT!
    Don't do it! She'll turn into Screwball then we're in big trouble!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i was thinking more that derpy gave the princesses some muffins with an added "special" ingredient...next thing they know they are waking up in that pic
    I was thinking that Derpy sort of just appeared there.

7. - Top - End - #187

Don't do it! She'll turn into Screwball then we're in big trouble!
    Ahahahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHA... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    A couple of parting gifts before I hit the hay and get some much needed sleep...

Spoiler
    Show
    I lol'd at that one. Derpy blowing bubbles is just the icing on the muffin. Which would make it a cupcake, but I didn't want to go there. Except I just did. Oops.

*reads the other comments* Oh gods Derpy roofied Celestia and Luna?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Pony thread! I need something to read tonight so I can actually wake up. Any suggestions of a really good/exciting fic?
    Through The Eyes of Another Pony

I feel obligated to point this one out a lot because even though it seems to have every element which should make it a horrible Mary Sue fanfic, it isn't one. It's like the opposite of that actually.

It could also use some ratings, so if you like it please vote for it. Some folks voted low without even reading it.

I got hired today! YAY! I'm terrible at job hunting, and even worse at interviews.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-04 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Yay link
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post

I feel obligated to point this one out a lot because even though it seems to have every element which should make it a horrible Mary Sue fanfic, it isn't one. It's like the opposite of that actually.

It could also use some ratings, so if you like it please vote for it. Some folks voted low without even reading it.
    Now I feel all bad for being a no-fanfic-guy. I'll make an expetion this once. Because I LOVE YOU.
    *ahem*
    *goes and reads*

10. - Top - End - #190

I absolutely love this fic, and I pretty much as a rule don't like human in Equestria (or pony on earth, for that matter) fics. It's well done and has a tongue in cheek humor that works. The writer is up front that this character is a self insert and shows you his ICOOCWeirdMetaThing thought pattern. It's hard to describe, and the fic does take a little while to "get going", but it does definitely work, and work well.

I got hired today! YAY! I'm terrible at job hunting, and even worse at interviews.
    Congratulations!

Where did you get hired?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Now I feel all bad for being a no-fanfic-guy. I'll make an expetion this once. Because I LOVE YOU.
    *ahem*
    *goes and reads*
    *Laughs* I know you've already succumb, but at the same time I still love watching your now sideways non-descent into ponysanity. It's awesome!

Normal normal normal normal PONY normal normal normal.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-04 at 02:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

I lol'd at that one. Derpy blowing bubbles is just the icing on the muffin. Which would make it a cupcake, but I didn't want to go there. Except I just did. Oops.

*reads the other comments* Oh gods Derpy roofied Celestia and Luna?

You saw my post already prolly, but to me, Derpy just shows up and plants her plot down for the night.

Grats on the job! What are you going to be doing?

*ahem*
    *goes and reads*
    Haha, it's okay to not read fanfics, you're not obligated to. I barely read fanfics myself. I literally have read MAYBE two ponyfics, and that is the literal theoretical maximum. They just aren't my thing so much. My headcanon doesn't respond well to fanfic ^^;;
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-04 at 02:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Well, my psychology class gives us information and asks us to write up a response to it. This week's bit opens up with this sentence:

The most recent research findings suggest you could change the chemicals in your brain by changing what you think and how you act every day.
    So, scientific proof that watching ponies helps make you a better person?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Haha, it's okay to not read fanfics, you're not obligated to. I barely read fanfics myself. I literally have read MAYBE two ponyfics, and that is the literal theoretical maximum. They just aren't my thing so much. My headcanon doesn't respond well to fanfic ^^;;
    I think this picture forever ruined DRASTICALLY IMPROVED the term "headcanon".

Spoiler
    Show

And it's cool if you don't like fanfics. I was the same way, until I realized there were actually competent writers out there, and sometimes they write about ponies. But even if they are good, they're certainly not for everypony.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

*ahem*
    *goes and reads*
    I was wary about reading any fanfics at first too. Turns out, there's a ton of awesome ones.

I absolutely love this fic, and I pretty much as a rule don't like human in Equestria (or pony on earth, for that matter) fics. It's well done and has a tongue in cheek humor that works. The writer is up front that this character is a self insert and shows you his ICOOCWeirdMetaThing thought pattern. It's hard to describe, and the fic does take a little while to "get going", but it does definitely work, and work well.
    Yeah that fic rocks. I am eternally in shock over how good it is, and I love that the author basically wrote it on a dare that he couldn't write a good story with those elements in it.

Congratulations!

Where did you get hired?
    Grats on the job! What are you going to be doing?

At a local company, to do something that I love doing. I don't want to say more just yet, because I'm still waiting for everything to be finalized and I don't want to mess it up, but I start next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    So, scientific proof that watching ponies helps make you a better person?
    Like with video games, ponies makes you a better human being. (Not "better than others" better, a "better than you were before" better.)
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-04 at 02:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had no plans to read this fic, the whole human in equestria thing mostly, but I guess I'll give it a chance based on your opinions. It can't be the worst thing I've ever read, I mean I've read The Twilight Saga for Celestia's sake.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

16. - Top - End - #196

I think this picture forever ruined DRASTICALLY IMPROVED the term "headcanon".

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my god that pony looks like a ram. The white rolly parts at the back?

Wow, I really am slapstick tired, aren't I? I actually took about five minutes to stop laughing long enough to look straight at the screen again.

Yeah that fic rocks. I am eternally in shock over how good it is, and I love that the author basically wrote it on a dare that he couldn't write a good story with those elements in it.
    Dare I say it's one of the only ones that pulls it off though. I'm glad he did it though, and it's a testament to his ability as a writer in general that he was able to pull that cluster**** of a premise off.

At a local company, to do something that I love doing. I don't want to say more just yet, because I'm still waiting for everything to be finalized and I don't want to mess it up, but I start next week.
    I completely understand the not wanting to Jinx it thing. I'm really happy for you though, congratulations again!

ponies makes you a better human being. (Not "better than others" better, a "better than you were before" better.)
    Agreed. One hundred and ten percent agreed. I know they kind of took the little layer of cynicism and intolerance that was slowly starting to grow on me as I became accustomed to the post-college real world and scrubbed it clean off. They also revitalized me to be ready to tackle the horrors of the real world without having to develop a new defense mechanism that would have compromised who I was either.

Yay pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I had no plans to read this fic, the whole human in equestria thing mostly, but I guess I'll give it a chance based on your opinions. It can't be the worst thing I've ever read, I mean I've read The Twilight Saga for Celestia's sake.
    Why would you do that to yourself?! Are you a masochist man?
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-04 at 02:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again, I find myself noting that the scarriest thing to a writer is a blank piece of paper (or a blank word doc).

Someone badger me into starting actual writing of my Psychonaut Pinkie Pie fic (aka, Piece of Mind).

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

Why would you do that to yourself?! Are you a masochist man?
    I was really really really really really really really really really really really really *5 minutes later* really really bored. Also I'm pretty sure ponies as we know it wouldn't be released for another year and I wouldn't join the fandom for another 2 at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Once again, I find myself noting that the scarriest thing to a writer is a blank piece of paper (or a blank word doc).

Someone badger me into starting actual writing of my Psychonaut Pinkie Pie fic (aka, Piece of Mind).
    Ok, I'll need directions to your residence, 30 feet of bailing wire, and 3 badgers (preferably female)... thats not what you meant is it?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Start it, or I'll post sad pony pics.

How's that?

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

If the blankness is causing problems, start filling it in with what you do have. You don't have to jump right into creating a story. A basic outline can help a bunch, with figuring out what you want to do and where you want to go with the story. Also, jotting down lines of dialogue or snippets of descriptive text so you remember to include them later can help. After you have a lot of the above, writing the rest of the story is a matter of filling in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I had no plans to read this fic, the whole human in equestria thing mostly, but I guess I'll give it a chance based on your opinions.
    It's definitely worth a read at least. Try a couple of chapters, if it still turns out to be not your thing, no hard feelings. Everypony has different tastes.

Dare I say it's one of the only ones that pulls it off though. I'm glad he did it though, and it's a testament to his ability as a writer in general that he was able to pull that cluster**** of a premise off.

I completely understand the not wanting to Jinx it thing. I'm really happy for you though, congratulations again!

Agreed. One hundred and ten percent agreed. I know they kind of took the little layer of cynicism and intolerance that was slowly starting to grow on me as I became accustomed to the post-college real world and scrubbed it clean off. They also revitalized me to be ready to tackle the horrors of the real world without having to develop a new defense mechanism that would have compromised who I was either.

Yay pony!
    I know what you mean, when I first came across it I thought "this can't be good" - I quickly learned just how wrong I was.

Yeah I'm still worried about something going wrong. I really need a job. I'm super-happy to be getting this one, because it involves something I love a LOT. Thank you for the congrats.

Definitely, the world is stuffed full of bad news, but there are a lot of good things too. They get buried under the bad sometimes, newspapers and TV news shows make more money selling the horrible tales of woe than they do from telling everyone the good things that are going on in life. So it takes way more effort to find the nice things, and more energy to hang on to those as well.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

@Easy as Lying.
    Great!
    @SiuS Blueblood story.
    Also great!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

I got this.

In all seriousness, just write something. Doesn't have to be perfect, you make it perfect later. Right now, you turn your inner critic off and start spewing words on that dang page. Show that page who's boss. HINT: It's you. You are the boss. The boss of WRITING.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

23. - Top - End - #203

Oh gosh California Girls is playing on the office radio, and it sounds SO DANG WEIRD that's it's not sung by Pinkie Pie, and about Ponies

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

*Laughs* I know you've already succumb, but at the same time I still love watching your now sideways non-descent into ponysanity. It's awesome!

Normal normal normal normal PONY normal normal normal.
    It's not really a "descent", it's more of a "surpression". It's as if a small part of my brain has been infected by a mental virus. The rest of my brain tries to keep said virus at bay, but it likes to come out and play sometimes. I know a good game. But it's not so bad. It's called "Pin the Tail on the Pony" I just have to work at it some more. You can be the Pony.

I was wary about reading any fanfics at first too. Turns out, there's a ton of awesome ones.
    *reads chapter 1*
    *clicks on chapter 2*
    *computer restarts on it's own*
    Huh...
    *clicks on chapter 2 again*
    *computer dies*
    Y U NO WORK!?
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-10-04 at 03:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

*reads chapter 1*
    *clicks on chapter 2*
    Huh...
    *computer dies*
    Y U NO WORK!?
    Your computer has hit it's "Pony Limit." Esper had this happen the other week, try clearing your Cache.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Your computer has hit it's "Pony Limit." Esper had this happen the other week, try clearing your Cache.
    *takes flamethrower out*

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

*reads chapter 1*
    *clicks on chapter 2*
    Huh...
    *computer dies*
    Y U NO WORK!?
    That's... uh.. freaky. I just re-read those chapters last night.

*opens chapter 2, no problems*

It worked for me, but I realize that isn't particularly helpful. It shouldn't be doing that to you. I mean, it *couldn't* do it directly, there's nothing special in Google Docs that makes computers reboot. confluttershy.jpg (Edit: By that I mean it's doing it indirectly, I'm not saying you weren't having a problem that you obviously are.)

Have you had issues with your computer rebooting or such like that before? If so, it might be related to memory or networking, since Google Docs does use a bit of memory, and it opens up a chat type connection thingy as well. (That's what the stuff on the top right is, I didn't know about it for a while...)

Clearing your web browser cache might help, or if you have a ton of stuff open, closing any unnecessary programs. Also, maybe closing the chapter 1 page and using the main story page on Equestria Daily to open the next chapter might help.

Sorry you're having problems. I know how much unrelated technical issues can spoil an otherwise good thing.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-04 at 04:24 PM. Reason: I don't like it when I write something well-meaning and it comes out sounding bad like that.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally really like Imposition, which is one of the most hilariously verbose human in Equestria stories I've ever seen.

It's endings kind of weak, but everything else is pretty cool.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

(Did not see new thread link)

Love that pic. xD

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Tetris theme: known far and wide despite tetris itself. I don't care for the game either, but the theme...
    (Didn't recognise it)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    To be fair, I wouldn't either.

Actually, SiuiS, while I think about it, don't thank me for making you male again or anything, it's fine!

You should probably keep away from any mirrors. No reason, it's just I've heard there's a plague of...mirror...aliens on the loose. That...attack you from mirrors. Yes, that was it.

NOTHING! I did nothing! Uh, I mean apart from make him male again. EXACTLY AS I INTENDED.

You really should tell hi-

LOOK, PONIES!

Nice save, Bleakbane, nice save...
    ...xD

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"I don't know, Pony. What's your angle?"

Blueblood winced. Could this creature be purposefully trying to sabotage negotiations? It had ignored social and diplomatic mores so far, and it's voice!

"See here, my good Earl, you have all of the information already. I don't know why you insist on giving myself and my Princesses motives they do not have. Is it so hard? We have a pony who needs kidnapping. You need gems for your people's economy, and moreover," Blueblood leaned towards the Diamond dog, ignoring the rustle and clanked of his heavy guards, "your people need the food shipments that only Equestria is willing to barter for. You've alienated the the Fu republic, the dragons don't care about your dwindling supply veins or the famine that cuts your workforce in half; the griffons have declared outright war on your people!"

He sat back, watching. The Earl of Canidae had remarkable composure for a diamond dog - he shook slightly in lieu of the usual loud gesticulations - and the Duke relaxed. It's all downhill from here, Auntie.

"So..." the shrill gravelly voice made Blueblood tense again. "We capture pony, we get the goods, cheaper? You have yourself a deal, pon--" Prince Blueblood snorted forcefully, and the Earl swallowed with equal force "Er, I mean. you have yourself a deal, Duke Blueblood." The Earl Stood. Blueblood Stood. The guards stood.

Three droplets sounded in the far cavern reaches. A fourescent purple fungus rolled by, like some undersea creature miming the Mild West.

"I'll just see myself out then. Good day, um, 'gentleman'." Blueblood turned with dramatic flair, leaving a small bag of bits, and carrying the signed trade agreement back to Celestia under his cloak.

-

"Auntie, I don't understand. Why is this necessary?" Prince complained. "Why can't we just tell them what they need to know? One of them is your apprentice, even! I'm sure they would—"

"Sir Blueblood, this is an official briefing. You will stand at attention and address me appropriately." The admonition was spoken gently, lovingly. Prince's blood ran cold and his faced burned red. It was dawning on him more and more that this was serious.

Seeing him stand to attention, Celestia herself relaxed, and took over pacing where he himself had stopped, never leaving her dais. Lit silver by the skylight far above, the princess nevertheless looked as radiant as ever. Only the faintest sheen at her edges proved she stood in moonlight.

"Sir Blueblood, Duke of the Splendid Hills... Knight of Harmony... My nephew... Prince..." Celestia's voice softened and yet became energized, from title to name. "I want to make it very clear that this is momentous in ways even my sister and I do not fully understand. Just as this cannot be only a political move or your knightly duty, it must be something you believe in and feel... So too must the chosen bearers of the Elements of Harmony feel what they must do. I have known Twilight for years, and I've met her friends. They are wonderful! But if I tell them about what is to come, they will think they understand it, Twilight especially. Their surety will be their downfall.

The season is changing, Sir Blueblood. The next great age is upon us. Like the zeitgeist of the griffons, Sir Blueblood. *A series of events so profound that they will change how everypony - everyone - thinks, feels, and acts. This age, we are watched. Things move beyond our furthest understanding. Some wish us well, some wish us ill. And from the small changes we have seen, the cynicism, bitterness and neglect that has become vogue among my kingdom is but the merest ripple. I know how you feel about what we've been doing, but you must understand..."

Blueblood turned towards his pacing aunt, his voice terse. "Princess, I just spent a week in a cave, convincing a neighboring clan to kidnap one of our kingdom assets! Forgive me if I cannot reconcile these ungentlecoltly behaviors with my duty as a knight!" he finished hotly.

Princess Celestia stopped pacing. For a long breath Prince thought that he had finally crossed a line, finally acted as family when acting as subject was called for, finally ... Something.

But her eyes. Her eyes.

"Sir Blueblood. Prince, look at me." Prince could have been thinking in her voice, as soft as the command was. "What do you see? What do you see when you look at me."

Prince Gazed up the slight dais, gazed up the long and slim form of the now statue-still princess. Her oddly feminine barrel chest, laden thick with heavy gold moved slowly with her breathing.

Kindness. Loyalty. Generosity.

Her mane an aurora blown by invisible winds, her chin lifted in habitual regality. Her eyes, the eyes that saw almost half a millions sunrises, sunsets. Liquid, framed by lines of worry and love.

Honesty. Laughter.
    Magic.

Blueblood relented. Under any iron gaze, or stony stare he would hold. Against fire and adversity he could perservere. Here, his Auntie, his Princess, his senior knight in the Order of Harmony, here were the clearest "windows to the soul" the duke had ever seen. Celestia didn't want to plot. She didn't want to command her nephew, to bargain with other kingdoms and countries. She wanted to go home, be with her sister, throw down her crown, and be a regular pony.

"I will do as you ask, Princess. For all of us." For what little peace it can bring you. She dismissed him, and he left, slowly trotting out to the garden through the passages known only by the order. Each step brought him more fresh air, doing little to ease his troubled heart.

-

Remember that what you do is for the good of more than even all of Equestria, Prince. What you do tonight will save all of the world.

Celestia's words floated to Bluebloods mind, and he mulled them over. She was right, of course. She was always right. But still, the urge to find a good mare, settle down into a humdrum existence... Just forget all of this cosmic events malarkey, and enjoy the company of a pretty young thing...

Devoid of any real merit. A deserter, a drop out, and likely holding tightly to some young filly after his money and title, out to make a name for himself. No, this needed to happen. He couldn't do otherwise, knowing what he did.

Rarity will be arriving by carriage. We need to do whatever we can to make sure the bearers of the Elements bond, Sir Blueblood. Some of your fellows will see to the other ponies, but Generosity is yours. Do not fail in this task. And Prince...

Process Luna and I both know what this is like. Afterwards, I'd you need to talk... You're not alone.

Trumpets sounded and Blueblood shook. Of course, the doors were opening! He had spent too much time thinking, and had almost missed his opportunity... There!

She was, of course, stunning. Why wouldn't she be? He thought. Here was a pony whose life was fashion, or - dare he say it? - style. Of course she would look her best, on this the night of the Gala.

A pity though. Blueblood had already developed a crush of sorts on the bearer of Generosity. The letters form Princess Celestia's apprentice that involved her exploits were one of his prime sources of intelligence. That and the reports from Canidae, both from the spies and from the Dogs themselves, had painted a dazzling picture. Elegant, self-reliant, rapier wits... Had she been uglier than a nag in a pig pen, his duties would be easier to execute. Of course, no such luck.

Blueblood turned towards the garden doors, waiting, watching the highly polished gold trim. Soon she would catch sight of him and— There!

Just walk, he told himself. Be*Calm, collected. And yet... Curiosity and concern got the better of the unicorn, and he turned to look over his shoulder at the mare who followed him with such eager eyes. He could only hope she had horrible soft skills.

Brief breezes from between the palace hedges helped Prince clear his head, cool his skin. Everything was going according to plan. Everything must go according to plan... He resolved himself to his task, and put on his best mask of politely reined interest. When she entered the gardens proper, he gave Generosity his best 'come hither' smarmy brow, and set to work.

She pretended not to notice him, of course. They always did that, playing coy. It made the act easier though. Blueblood gave silent thanks for small favors. "Well, hello. I am Prince Blueblood." his voice was so full of pompousness, he felt like he had licked a hog. Still, it seemed to be just the right level of charming that Generosity was expecting.

"I am Rarity." she said, demurely. It took all of Prince's will not to respond to that lovely voice. "Oh, My!" she continued. "What a lovely rose..."

The expected response was painfully obvious. Still, prince admitted to himself that her lack of courtly guile was almost charming. There of course could be only one response to such a strike; parry, riposte. Verbal sparring was what he excelled at.

"you mean... This rose?" Prince plucked the flower gingerly with his teeth, extending it towards Rarity, as if to offer... Before biting off the excess stem and sticking the rose into his lapel. "Thank you! It goes with my eyes."

She was angry, of course. But Prince felt a stab of guilt, seeing the hurt underneath that anger. He couldn't turn away fast enough.

-

Sir Blueblood, this is more important than anything we've ever had to do. More important than anything we ever thought we would have to do, even when we founded the order those long centuries ago."
    "Yes, Princess." He was stock still, burnished armor catching flickers of torchlight.
    "Sir Blueblood, I am not sure even you understand the enormity of this." The princess raised her voice to carry to the other assembled knights. He was to be the example then. So be it.
    "even Discord's prison weakens. Whether intentional or a side effect we do not know. The bearers of the Elements need to rely on each other, even above their fondest desires."
    Blueblood's eyes lidded slightly in confusion. Fondest desires?

-

Two hours had passed, and Prince was certain that he'd given Rarity a less than flattering impression of royalty. Small gaffes that must, by decorum, go uncommented on had been the rule, yet still she seemed to adore him. Now she tired, and said something about a sit to watch the stars. Rarity had long since given up witty banter, and just doggedly hoped for some glimmer of manners.

Blueblood sighed and set out to turn even that against her. The look on her face when he set down a cushion for her was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. The rest was almost too easy; wait for her to recognize the gesture, then take the cushion himself. The only surprise was how bad he felt at dashing her feelings once again, as she muttered under her breath. "This is at all what I imagined..."

Prince sat staring into the night sky until his face was composed once more.

-

"I'm very sorry for withholding this, but we had to be sure you could do this mission before we told you. You are assigned to the element of Generosity, Sir Blueblood, because she personally wants to meet you."
    The shock on his face must have been as clear to the princess as her own concern was to him. This was it. This was the unvoiced question that danced in her eyes these last few months. Could he continue?
    Prince Blueblood swallowed. "That should just make the task easier then." his fellows quietly murmured approval, good. There was some doubt in the ranks, now quelled. Yet still his Auntie continued to look at him with concern.

-

Blueblood walked with Rarity back through the palace. Her muttering was a blessing. Not only did it make it easier to know her mind, but it gave him something else to focus on as he guided her through the throng of party-goers.*After minutes of careful search and guidance, Prince finally found what he sought; an overturned glass of water. Being on ones best behavior a he palace was understandable, but certainly somepony must have dropped a glass before now! He had never in his life regarded efficient servants with so much vitriol.

A careful turn, a slightly faster pace... Slow, and another turn. Stop, look around, another subtle turn... Prince was distracted from his maneuverings by the slight kiss of frills on his side. Trying to hide the blush it brought to his face, Blueblood almost missed his chance entirely as Rarity continued toward the spill.

"Miss Rarity, stop!" Prince flung out his foreleg, and was rewarded with a brush of gentle fur and soft, hot breaths of*surprise.

"Prince Blueblood! How Chivalrous!"

Blueblood considered the situation. He could continue from this point, wooing Rarity, being the gentlecolt she dreamed of. Fulfilling her notions of sophistication. Finding himself a filly who wanted princely behavior, not princely prestige and income.

His oaths service rose up in his mind, his promises to his aunts, his princesses, the realm...

With enough ceremony to to make The Barding himself rolls his eyes, Blueblood recited his lines. "One would hate to slip..."

-

[I]"Princess?" He ventured. "... Auntie?"
    "I asked you to stay behind because I needed to talk to you, Blueblood. I need to know that you can handle this."
    Prince felt a frission of anger. The last week had been constant doubt, and enough was enough. "Why do you insist on asking that? Is this some continued test of perseverance? Or do you really feel I will let you down?"
    The princess only smiled at his tirade. He felt instantly ashamed.
    "Blueblood, this will be he hardest part for all of us." she gestured with her horn, though he didn't turn. He didn't need to to know where she was going with this. "your cutie mark. The moral compass. Prince, it's one thing to work like traditional royalty, treating ponies like numbers or pieces on a board or rival players. But Generosity is a lovely, charming young lady. She averted crises through wit, good humor and self-sacrifice. This is not putting the worst against the worst, in court. This is forcing somepony who doesn't deserve it to feel bad, so they will grow."
    She looks away, and now Prince is truely worried. Were her eyes glassy? Was she crying?
    "I couldn't do it last time, Sir Blueblood." back to titles. Hiding her feelings only made them more clear to him. "Luna... Nightmare Moon... I couldn't risk being wrong about the elements, couldn't risk hurting my sister. It cost me a thousand years. Even knowing this, I don't think... That I could act differently if I had to do it again."

-

It had been another hour. The food stand with her friend - Honesty? Loyalty? Hard to distinguish sometimes - and the door were some of his finer work as a 'petty noble', but there were a dozen other slights he threw in just in case. Each rested like a shallow cut on his heart.

The night was drawing to a close, or it was according to the princesses' plans. Each of the Bearers must be emotionally exhausted; if Rarity were any indication, one more push should be enough to send them all running, seeking solace with each other. In fact, it seemed to be happening now, with Laughter trying ever harder to start up some fun, and the food cart pony bringing in... Cake?

Prince couldn't recall exactly what chain of events started it all. He could only see the cake flying, and Rarity's concern for his well-being.

Which obviously left only one course of action - or one coarse action, if one were inclined to punnery. For her part, Rarity was surprisingly receptive to becoming a ballistic shield, no doubt too stunned to put up any fuss until after her gown was ruined and spattered with apple cake. I'll have to remember to pay for that anonymously later...

There was little time for self musings, as Rarity turned on him like dragon. "YOU SIR!" she began, and Blueblood could see her struggling to funnel all her hurt feelings without damaging her composure, though little time dis he have to admire her will. "Are the most UNCHARMING prince I have ever met!"

The urge to point out that Prince was his name and that he was, in fact, a duke, was absurdly strong.

"In fact, the only thing royal about you is that you are a royal pain!"

Rarity began to settle into her tirade, a calm that Prince couldn't afford to let her have. He could later only dimly recall his exact words - having hit his head rather smartly shortly after - but he knew they had the desired effect. He didn't awaken until hours later, when the princess had returned to survey the cleaning.

Prince headed towards her, forestalling her explanations. He'd already had the details from the more informed servants.

"So did your plan work, Princess?"

Celestia didn't seem to catch the sneer in his voice. "Yes, actually. The girls spent spent the night reminiscing. I am glad to say they are closer now than ever. We may yet stand a chance."

"The girls?" Prince asked, incredulous. "not the bearers of the Elements, not your faithful student and her friends? The girls. The girls!" he shouted. The princess' eyes widened in shock, and she stopped walking amongst the carnage, giving him her full attention.

"Is there something wrong, Blueblood?"

"of course there is! I spent the entire night ruining some poor Unicorn's dreams, while you shook hands and partied with "the girls"! The Princess is working with Fu, Zebrica, and Griffonmont! I spent months sabotaging those ponies, leaving a parasprite nest, bribing the Diamond Dogs into kidnapping one, even telling the Appleoosians where to plant their orchard for optimum conflict... And you spend the Gala eating doughnuts!"

The princess stared at him, mouth agape. The concern that had been there since this whole thing began vanished. In it's place was a horrible understanding.

"You loved her."

The barest whisper, yet he heard it. His composure broke, hours of manipulation finally finding their way to his conscience.

"Blueblood, you were only with her a night. This wasn't... You should have ... Have done something else."

Hot tears fell to the floor as Prince struggled against his heaving sobs. He didn't see Celestia approach. He certainly hadn't seen her move, or the servants all flee at a gesture. A downy wing pulled him in, and the princess sat him on an overturned marble pillar, to cry a river together under the watching moon.

Good Gods I hate writing. I don't know if this is any good. I don't care anymore. It took me less than a minute to structure, why by Fire dis it take me five and a half blinkered hours to write?

Standard trepidation of taking up an artform I'm not used to and showing it to professionals, but if there is anything I've learned from Thanqol, it's that the only one who loses if I don't is me.

I'll be shot to the moon before I let a dearth of actual talent keep Me from actually benefitting from this much labor. I should probably work in that prince/duke thing sooner. I should really work on fleshing out characters. I should just stick to drawing. Whatever.

So darn burnt out right now. This was harrowing; how do I carve out what I want while I still possessing of inspiration? The western winds brought me fae desires, and to write this (at the time) short and sweet story was one of them. But when the winds go, so too does the mood, and balancing work, writing, and getting air was hard.

Actual contribution in my usual style pending. Enjoy, a charai. Or whichever way to make 'my friends' plural in Irish.

(Hugs Blueblood)

Also: Hey, Aotrs! I just found a character sheet of a lich I made. She was NE, where by 'E' I mean 'kinda a bitch'.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

hmmm, i may have to check that out after i finish on a cross and arrow

and conga rats

Oh gosh California Girls is playing on the office radio, and it sounds SO DANG WEIRD that's it's not sung by Pinkie Pie, and about Ponies
    i can imagine...especially since i have had equestria girls stuck in my head the last 2 days at work

write any scene...both fics im working on i actually wrote the end first since that was what popped into my head hardest
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-04 at 04:51 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar