New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Souji's eyes slowly opened.

Ow.

It hurt. Everywhere.

But it was recognizable by his body. It was a good hurt, not one that would really hurt you, but one that meant you were healing.

But he had no idea who was talking to him. Or why they were speaking to him with such familiarity. He was Astraphobia, right? One of the deadliest ESPers in Academy City at this time. So... so why did he feel so weak?

He couldn't convince Moroe he wasn't trying to hurt her.
    He couldn't stop Rin from revealing himself to everyone, and forcing Rin to be absorbed back into his subconscious.
    He couldn't defeat Tobio in a one on one match despite having taken out multiple ESPers at once before.
    He couldn't hide from Judgement properly.

Kami... what had happened to him?

Wait.

He knew.

He wasn't Astraphobia. Astraphobia was mad, wonderfully, brilliantly mad, but nevertheless, mad. Souji was sane as the next man. He couldn't use his ability the way Astraphobia did.

But he picked up one word, and murmured, despite still half asleep, "Hypno... what're you t...alking... 'bout.."

['Els Bells]

Elsbeth sniffed. "The only thing you could possibly do would be to replace my phone! And judging from your appearance..."

She shudders in distaste at the very word.

"That will be impossible."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-01-22 at 12:24 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

[Els shoudln't beth on that]

Katsu looks down at his incredibly worn pants and Speed metal band shirt curiously.

"I never thought of that, my clothes do really look strange for a Azabu student."

Contemplating the eccentricity of a student at one of the most expensive schools in Academy city dressing in jeans and a t-shirt, Katsu looks back up with a grin.

"But I promise to help you get a new phone! It's the least I can do! Although, wouldn't getting it repaired work better? That way you don't have to figure out new stuff."

As the cheerful speedster makes promises of phoney restoration, the cat seems to have decided to go for less distracted prey.

"Meow!"

It addresses Alia and Jonathan, poking their feet curiously with a paw.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cole10000 View Post
    Carver looks somewhat uncomfortable when he says,

"Dragon? no, what I was chasing through the sewers was an esper with Electrokinesis powerfull enough to blow a hole in the middle in the street and run into the sewers."

Carver grabs the hilt of his sword before adding,

"Not exactly the kind of person you want to try fighting a with a metal sword huh? Well, it wasnt even my job in the first place to go after him, it just kind of happened. I think I'll just leave it to the others to deal with this one. I'm sure something else will come up soon though."
    "Electro-Would this by any chance be the fabled Astrophobia? Hmm, so he is a little dangerous after all?"

Under normal circumstances the scurrying cat would now have grabbed Kin's attention and caused another wrench to Krystal's poor shoulder. This time, though, even such concentrated cuteness couldn't draw her eye away from Carver. After what had happened last time, she was determined not to let him out of her sight; At least not until she had some way of finding him again.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

With a sad sigh at the coldness directed at him from Moroe Tobio skates back to join his fellow Judgement members. As he has fully dropped out of mission mode he is back to his usual self. "A-Ano, Mei-sempai, Ren-taichou is there anything else we need to do? Or are we now off duty? If so I probably am going to go practice my powers or skating. Either one helps me calm down."

5. - Top - End - #845
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver looks at the young man being scolded over a broken phone and says,

"Really, you're an Azabu student? So am I, although I dont remember seeing you before."

Turning back to Kin when he hears what she said and replies,

"Yeah he kind is, especially for some reason my ability didnt work on him, although it first appeared that it did. Probobly had something to do with the electricity in his brain I'm guessing"

Taking a look down at his water logged self he finally adds

"Well, seeing as I just came out of a sewer it might be a good idea for me to go and find someplace to take a shower. It's gonna be kind of tricky considering the Guy who runs the Azabu dorms would never let me walk in there like this and ever since I made him see a spider in his soup with my ability he always wears sunglasses."

Carver stands there scratching his head trying to come up with a solution for this.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

"This isn't even your patrol time slot, more of an emergency call. Said emergency just got resolved, so you should go." Ren removes the Judgement armband from his sleeve and places it back into his jacket.

He waits for Tobio to move off, before turning around.

"Let's get back to your brother. I want an explanation. Off the record." His voice is curt.

"That was Astraphobia, but I don't think he's a threat anymore. But I need to talk to that child."

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: FFFFFFLOL, I wrote a huge post but then closed Mozilla by mistake)

Kensuke laughed.

"It's a long story, bro. To cut it short, I had to make you forget my face, to protect both of us. Well, no, actually-That's a lie. It was to protect me, when I left the Pure Streets. But whaddaya know, we meet again, although in less...Auspicious circumstances."

He extended a hand to the prone Souji. In the dim half-light of the alleyway, the silhouette he cast would probably be vaguely familiar to him, of a time long ago. This was broken, however, by a few concerned members of Kensukes' gang arriving inside the alleyway. Many of them murmured worriedly about the outcome of this event, although several looked like they recognised him-

"Is that...Rei?"

"Why's he on the 'wanted' posters up recently?"

"I hope Ken knows what he's doing..."

"Hey! We don't really have insufficient evidence to claim that 'Astraphobia' is really a criminal apart from Anti-Skills' say-so...I mean, sure, Anti-Skill is the executive branch around here when it comes to law, but they're hardly the judiciary, and they haven't even stated why he's wanted by the law."

He turned to Souji.

"Got a place to stay, man? If you don't, you could stay at mine...It should be safe-ish, there, but you may have to put up that Rin disguise again; it's good, hell, it fooled me and we knew each other for ages-"

And then Kouta came in through the alleyway, straightening his tie as he did so.

"That was far too close for comfort. It's a good thing we happened to know Ren-Any other Judgement team, and we'd have gotten our little friend Rei here on yet another chase, backed up by hundreds of well-armed Anti-Skill, probably."

And then the alleyway was filled with the sound from two pairs of feet-two pair of feet belonging to Shirogane Ren and Kamakura Mei.

__________________________________________________ ________

Approximately an hour after the unread message had been sent, Moroe would be aware of a cleaning robot stalking her. Attempting to control it with her gamepad would, curiously, result in resistance-And it appeared to be flashing letters on its' display surface. They read:

SAW YOU FISHING FOR INFORMATION
    AND RUN-IN WITH DAISUKE
    I HAVE A DEAL
    CALL 75-625-2241

Odd, because it was a Kyoto number, and thus outside Academy City. Yet whoever it was wanted her to call that number.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-01-24 at 01:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio nods and gives a polite bow to Ren and Mei before he skates off. As he skates off he recalls what happened in the alleyway. Astraphobia had beaten many Judgement members before, of that there was no doubt. However how was it that he was able to fight Souji off despite being a level lower? He didn't have any outstanding qualities like extremely high intelligence or high strength. So how was it that he was able to hold him off? He honestly expected to die in that fight to protect Ishimaru.

Then there was what happened before. His face melds into a contemplative frown as he remembers when he lost his cool in the alleyway. He remembers as he feels his powers activate, but that time his aura of cold had become stronger. Instead of his usual 0 degrees celcius his aura of cold went to -15 degrees celcius. Could he be on the verge of a break through?

As he skated along he took all of this into consideration. He knew that he had to get stronger so that things like what happened with Ishimaru didn't happen again. She risked her life to give him the chance to catch Astraphobia, and what was it all for? Nothing, absolutely nothing. He clenches his fist tightly as he remembers her words that she said.

Flashback!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    "

Tobio looks over the scene one last time before he walks out of the alley and towards Moroe, slipping out of mission mode. He approaches her with a slight blush on his face with his head looking down at the ground and twirling a piece of his hair in his fingers, somewhat shadowing his face.

"A-ano, Ishimaru-sempai I-I'm sorry to say that Souji g-got away. I w-wish that I could have done m-more. I'm s-sorry to have f-f-failed you and allow you to p-put your life on the l-line for n-nothing."

Not sorry enough."

Tobio's apology might as well have been given to the wall against which Moroe sat. She wasn't a very forgiving person even at the best of times, and these were most certainly not the best of times. As she rose slowly to her feet (being careful not to reveal her gaming device), she didn't even bother to give him a withering glance; It would have taken more effort than he deserved. Instead, she simply turned her back to him and disappeared into the night.
    Flashback End

He had to get stronger, for his sake and for the sake of others. He continues to skate aimlessly performing various impressive tricks as he does to work off some steam.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Pixie in the Playground

District Six is not a safe place this time of night, and while people occasionally stop to watch Tobio, nobody does so for any length of time. The horror stories of the 'Monsters of District Six' crop up too frequently, with too many related disappearances for most people to just laugh it down as a tall tale. And while Tobios' performance was impressive, it wasn't enough for people to risk standing around for too long. Eventually, an Anti-Skill officer, flanked by two other officers and all wielding firearms, approached Tobio.

"Sir, you should probably go home. It's not safe here. I won't say that it's those 'Monsters' that everybody talks about, but the number of disappearances that have occurred in this district have certain increased."

((OOC: WHOOPSIE.))
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-01-24 at 02:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio grinds his skates to a halt as he looks up at the man. He then says with a confused face, "Monters? What kind of monsters are you talking about? Also if there are disappearances here should you bring it to Judgement or Anti-Skill?" How had something like this gone by under their noses without anyone getting so much as a rumor of it? Was there truly something sinister on these streets?

11. - Top - End - #851
    Pixie in the Playground

The officer looked at Tobio oddly.

"We are Anti-Skill, sir. And you haven't heard? People have said giant mutated rats, dogs and the like. And we've been trying, but we can't seem to catch them. It may well simply be a particularly malicious Skill-Out gang, though."

12. - Top - End - #852
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: you said they were Skill-Out in your previous post. Also I agree we should wrap up this day.)

Tobio nods as he thinks for a moment. He then speaks up as he says, "W-Well mabye I-I could help? I mean if people are disappearing here then the reason should try to be uncovered post haste. Though it is getting a bit late. Maybe I should come back tommorow to help It was getting dark and Tobio has had a tiring day. He could always come and do a little detective work here tomorrow. Maybe he could even get Carver to help him with it.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking a look down at his water logged self he finally adds

"Well, seeing as I just came out of a sewer it might be a good idea for me to go and find someplace to take a shower. It's gonna be kind of tricky considering the Guy who runs the Azabu dorms would never let me walk in there like this and ever since I made him see a spider in his soup with my ability he always wears sunglasses."

Carver stands there scratching his head trying to come up with a solution for this.
    At Carver's prompting, Kin gave him a good look for the first time since he'd emerged from the sewer. She hadn't really noticed before, but now that he came to mention it, he did look a bit...icky. Luckily, Kin was no stranger to this type of predicament.

"Ugh, tell me about it. Our dorm mistress won't let us get away with so much as a torn sleeve. They act as if civilization is about to crumble just because a little industrial solvent got on their carpets! That's why (after the first time I got put on toilet cleaning duty) I put together a list of bathhouses and laundries to help wash away the evidence. Just give me your number and I'll text you the addresses."

"And then, Mr Adventure, you will be miiinnneee..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Approximately an hour after the unread message had been sent, Moroe would be aware of a cleaning robot stalking her. Attempting to control it with her gamepad would, curiously, result in resistance-And it appeared to be flashing letters on its' display surface. They read:

SAW YOU FISHING FOR INFORMATION
    AND RUN-IN WITH DAISUKE
    I HAVE A DEAL
    CALL 75-625-2241

Odd, because it was a Kyoto number, and thus outside Academy City. Yet whoever it was wanted her to call that number.
    Moroe almost felt as if she should have seen this coming. Given the varied collection of stalkers she'd been amassing lately, getting a robotic one shouldn't have been too surprising. With a deep sigh that spoke of a long, tiring day, she reached into her coat, withdrew her phone and dialled.

"This had better be good. I swear, if this is just a new brand of telemarketing, someone is going to die..."

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    At Carver's prompting, Kin gave him a good look for the first time since he'd emerged from the sewer. She hadn't really noticed before, but now that he came to mention it, he did look a bit...icky. Luckily, Kin was no stranger to this type of predicament.

"Ugh, tell me about it. Our dorm mistress won't let us get away with so much as a torn sleeve. They act as if civilization is about to crumble just because a little industrial solvent got on their carpets! That's why (after the first time I got put on toilet cleaning duty) I put together a list of bathhouses and laundries to help wash away the evidence. Just give me your number and I'll text you the addresses."

"And then, Mr Adventure, you will be miiinnneee..."
    Krystal raises an eyebrow. Really? Wow...I didn't know they were that strict. I'll have to pay more attention then.

Krystal was normally a tidy person. But, every so often, something would slip her mind.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: FFFFFFLOL, I wrote a huge post but then closed Mozilla by mistake)

Kensuke laughed.

"It's a long story, bro. To cut it short, I had to make you forget my face, to protect both of us. Well, no, actually-That's a lie. It was to protect me, when I left the Pure Streets. But whaddaya know, we meet again, although in less...Auspicious circumstances."

He extended a hand to the prone Souji. In the dim half-light of the alleyway, the silhouette he cast would probably be vaguely familiar to him, of a time long ago. This was broken, however, by a few concerned members of Kensukes' gang arriving inside the alleyway. Many of them murmured worriedly about the outcome of this event, although several looked like they recognised him-

"Is that...Rei?"

"Why's he on the 'wanted' posters up recently?"

"I hope Ken knows what he's doing..."

"Hey! We don't really have insufficient evidence to claim that 'Astraphobia' is really a criminal apart from Anti-Skills' say-so...I mean, sure, Anti-Skill is the executive branch around here when it comes to law, but they're hardly the judiciary, and they haven't even stated why he's wanted by the law."

He turned to Souji.

"Got a place to stay, man? If you don't, you could stay at mine...It should be safe-ish, there, but you may have to put up that Rin disguise again; it's good, hell, it fooled me and we knew each other for ages-"

And then Kouta came in through the alleyway, straightening his tie as he did so.

"That was far too close for comfort. It's a good thing we happened to know Ren-Any other Judgement team, and we'd have gotten our little friend Rei here on yet another chase, backed up by hundreds of well-armed Anti-Skill, probably."

And then the alleyway was filled with the sound from two pairs of feet-two pair of feet belonging to Shirogane Ren and Kamakura Mei.
    Souji blinked, half dazed. Rei... it sounded like a name from a half-forgotten dream. But it was a good dream. He still had used that pseudonym - today, in fact.

"I... remember a face... there was a girl..."

He's standing now, but he barely noticed that Kensuke had helped him up.

"She was.. kind...? Always laughing... Heh... she'd probably be upset to see me like this..."

He looked up at the air and smiled sadly.

"It's going to rain soon."

He heard half the words, and shrugged coldly at the mention of Rin. "He's not coming back again, Kensuke-san. I killed him. Well, technically I just reabsorbed the splinter that was him back into my personality, but it as good as killed him."

Suddenly the somber personality is gone, and Souji's vivid grin is back, the spark reignited in his eyes. He whirls towards Kensuke and his crew, a familiar glint of madness ignited, one that might worry a few of those more familiar with Souji's 'tests', usually involving taking their things and seeing how many volts the item could take before destruction.

"But did you see that ice manipulator?! He almost kept up with me! Sure I wasn't actually trying As if, wasting energy on Judgement? But it was my first time going toe to toe in ages, and I almost felt the hint of the next level! And judging from how you seem to address me," He points at Kensuke, "You know what that means! I can finally ride the metaphorical lightning, and nobody is ever going to stop me this time! Hmm... I'll have to run some tests, see how close I am to Level 5... You never know when you might advance, you know Kensuke. I advanced to Level 2 in my sleep, gave my poor nurse quite a shock when she tried to administer my usual dosage. It was brilliant I tell you, just absolutely brilliant!"

He's pacing back and forth now, whirling, his hands moving invisible pieces in the air, as he was apt to do while thinking. Twisting one hand upside down, and tossing away invisible pieces, unseen by mortal eye.

"I wonder what Moroe-san will evolve into, don't you Kensuke? She refuses to tell me her ability, but I assume it's something to do with technology, judging from how much of a technophile she is. That could explain her intense dislike of me, as I'd immediately clash with her AIM Field, due to my constant running of electricity..."

This was a usual effect on Souji when Kensuke blasted him with his ability. He was usually charged as was, but the increased metabolism rampantly boosted his adrenaline, which, in turn, ramped up Souji's own electrical currents, causing this bout of jumpiness.

"So. Place to stay? Good, I need one. Don't want to stay my Warehouse of Mysteries - that's what I call the place I hide my disguises by the way - too cramped. Uncomfortable. Well! You all appear to know me, but I am at a loss to who most of you are, so allow me to introduce myself!"

A hand running through his hair, that faint spark, Souji's trademark, as his hand left his bangs.

"Nakamura Rei, the Ghost of Thunder at your service! Ah, but that name's terrible. And old. I don't like feeling old. Fuschichou Souji is my usual monicker, good name. Phoenix - rebirth-y name, right? I like it. It has a feeling of hope in this depressing and dull world. Aliases of Fuschichou Souji currently number - Astraphobia, here at your service! Despite the horrendous display against that blasted ice manipulator earlier," He grinned at one of the girls in the gang, winking and stage whispering, "I assure you, this never happens to me!, I am quite capable of defending myself, thank you very much! I am merely accepting your offer of a shelter because I need it at the moment, certainly not because I no longer trust my previous hideout. No. That would be silly."

He constantly paced as he spoke, the madness in his voice much more pleasant than it was to Moroe - a kind of tethered excitement, rather than shrieking insanity.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-01-25 at 05:26 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Pixie in the Playground

There was a momentary delay as the Kyoto number was dialled, followed by a series of clicks and what was obviously a heavily modulated voice.

"I assume you are Ishimaru Moroe, correct? I saw you digging up information on Ashikaga Daisuke, Ashikaga Kensuke and Kamakura Kouta. That is also correct? I have heard Daisuke describe you as a technopath, but that is inconsistent with your listed power. I am unsure as to which is correct or incorrect or if the truth is something entirely different.

But enough dithering around. I shall get straight to the point. A certain missing Esper; Mogami Jounouchi, more correctly-And he is something...Important to me. I also know you are involved with a certain Nimori Shougo if I am correct, and it is likely you wish to simultaneously rid both of yourselves of an enemy and enact revenge for what occurred, correct? Well, the Pure Streets has suspended activity for...Classified reasons, and thus there is nobody really looking for Jounouchi. Here is my deal-Find him, and you will have the evidence you desire. If he does not provide it himself, I shall."

__________________________________________________ ________

Kensuke took a half step back, suddenly ill-at-ease about the recent turn of events. This was not the Nakamura Rin he knew, and the comments he made to the effect of ...'killing' him made him very uncomfortable. Still, he forced himself to remain calm-This was the same young man that had been in the Pure Streets so many years ago...Right? He had the same abilities, the same physical features.

Maybe he'd just gone through a rough time. He'd heard of cases like this-heavily traumatised victims creating multiple consciousnesses to deal with said trauma-And from the looks of things, the period between then and now had not been an easy one. Kensuke flinched, the guilt at potentially having abandoned a friend biting deeply into him, and despite his initial apprehension, he grinned shakily-and was met by wary glances from his comrades. The ladies in his group eyeballed Souji warily, noting the vast difference in their ages as well as the crackling electricity racing up and down his body.

"S...Sure, bro. We're the Pure Streets. Or, used to be. We're kind of irrelevant now, and we were in the Version Beta project, sort of like a trial Esper project. It worked, but it had a high rate of failure and a considerable number of fatalities, so knowledge of it wasn't generally released to the public and it is officially denied. And a level five! Last we saw you, you were breaching the level three barrier. Level four now, does that make you? It's been so long, man, even if you don't remember."

He turned to his comrades, waving them off placatingly.

"We'll try this again tomorrow, shall we guys? I've gotta get this dude back to my place to hide out until this blows over...You can continue without me if you want, charge it to Kou or something, haha."

And then he turned again, placing a concerned hand on Soujis' shoulder.

"I'm sorry for abandoning you, dude...I...I shouldn't have done it. I know you say you could look after yourself, but..."

He shook his head.

"Any case, dude, to my place we go. Might have to turn things down a notch, adopt a disguise, or something-You fooled me before, you can fool my dad and my grumpy little bro. Word of advice, try not to piss him off. My bro, that is. He's pretty high-strung, you see, don't know why."
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-01-25 at 12:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

There was a strong sense of deja vu about this whole situation. While standing there listening to this mysterious, seemingly omniscient voice offering its deal, Moroe felt as if she'd been here many times before; Mainly because she had. Oh, the voice was different from usual, and the 'deal' was usually more along the lines of 'do this because we own you', but the essentials were the same. Because of that, she felt strangely comfortable with all this. Her mind went through all the information presented at a decent speed (considering what it had been through today), and promptly identified the most important question she should be asking right now.

"...What if he's dead? What if I investigate and find that he's already been killed?"

18. - Top - End - #858
    Pixie in the Playground

"Then I shall find closure. To be frank, it is about time for this farce known as the Pure Streets to collapse. Whether he is dead or alive, if you find him and lead to his rescue or his body's retrieval, I will uphold the end of my bargain. And if he is indeed alive as I correctly hypothesise, for reasons that you shall understand when you find him, then he shall provide the answer himself; and if he does not, a Judgement Telepath shall.

I surmise you to be a lot more than you appear to be and thus the reason why I offer this deal, but I shall not pry even as I warn you of the dangers of District Six, especially at this time of night. I hope you do not prove my hypothesis incorrect.

Do not call this number again until you have found Mogami Jounouchi. And if it is publicly reported, I shall call you. If you wish to contact me, use the e-mail address that I have sent to you. I have a measure of patience, so I do not require that you act immediately, but I would advise you not to dawdle."

There were those strange three clicks again, and then the line was cut.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio finally arrives home as he kicks off his skates. He then grabs himself a glass of water. As he does so he looks over the pictures of his parents. His mom was a business woman and his father was a Martial artist. His father was with his mother on a business trip. He particularly focuses on his father, who always told him that inner strength was the greatest strength anyone could have. Was that why he couldn't protect anyone, he lacked inner strength?

Sitting the glass of water on his kitchen table he looks at it with his silver eyes brimming with determination. He looks at it for a second, focusing his entire being as he activates his powers. He manages lower the waters temperature to -50 Celcius, rapidly freezing it. When it is done he is sweating and panting his hands on his knees. "That was stronger than before. *puff, puff* Okay then I just have to keep going. I'm going to discover my inner strength. Then I'm going to make sure that I don't let others down ever again!!! With that in mind he melts the ice and drinks the cold water. He then heads outside to his backyard. He then sits in a cross-legged position beside his outdoor pool. He then slips into a meditative state. He often did this with his father, while he was a little slow to pick up on the physical lessons he excelled in meditation and concentration. He then proceeds to freeze and unfreeze the entire pool many times throughout the night, training his mind and powers his meditative state providing a semi-substitute for sleep.

(Is this okay with everybody?)

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Moroe rolled her eyes as she replaced the phone in her pocket.

"They even got the abrupt hangup right. I wonder if there's a class these people take to learn the routine."

All kidding aside, the voice really had done its job well. Using just the right mix of carrot and stick, it had practically guaranteed that she'd be accepting this job. She wasn't exactly thrilled at having another potential handler pulling her strings, but for a chance to save Shougo it was worth the risk. She'd deal with the fallout from this after her partner was free and clear.

But first, sleep. Since going home didn't seem like a very good idea right now, she decided to head to one of GATE's safehouses and spend the night there. Thanks to her newest stalker she was forced to take a very roundabout route to it, with lots of checks to make sure she wasn't being followed. Hopefully a good night's sleep would wash most of this day away, because she'd need to be at her best for the next one.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Halfling in the Playground

Is it a new day yet?
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm introducing my character now, for specifics please see the OOC and, eventually, the character sheet compilation, he's waking up as he slept through the day.

Darius wakes up, yawning "****, my head hurts." he says, as a number of snakes slither out of the covers to greet him. "But then again, then again, it's worth it." he says, focusing his energy to lift a snake into the air and land it on his hand, where it nips him. "Ow!" "Hungry eh?" he says 'Bloodthirsty critters, aren't ya?" he says, reaching into a can and dropping a number of mice on the floor, then reaching in the fridge and taking out some hunks of meat in each hand, shutting it with his foot. "Alrighty, you know the drill." he says, begging to leap around his sparsely decorated, large apartment. "Come on, get up you lazy pieces of ****" The larger snakes begin to slither after him, leaping in the air towards the meat, but he smacks them away lightly. After about half an hour the snakes have gotten almost all the meat, and he tosses the rest to them, yawns, get's dressed, shines his scales (again, see character sheet), and cooks some bacon and eggs, ripping off the fatty bits and tossing them to the snakes. The largest one, a male boa constrictor, leaps for them, batting the smaller snakes out of the way. "Come on," says Darius, "your fat enough already Moba, let the others have a try." He gets up, brushes his teeth, flosses his canines, he lets some of the smaller snakes slither into his specially designed vest, puts it on, and walks out the door, ignoring his neighbors insults.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he swears a rather lot, see his background for information why, please tell me if it's inappropriate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #863

Darius walks toward Academy Garden, ignoring the stares and whispers, and then taking a few shortcuts toward the Garden. Out of the blue, some thugs rush him, trying to down him with as many attacks as possible but there moves are easy to read, he downs them quickly, and the only one that get's through is surprised by a sleepy, angry snake. "**** it, you woke up Senya," he grumbles as the snake slithers into the thugs clothes "she's the grumpiest golden tree snake I have, so you better be careful." His assailants abandon their comrade to his fate as he lies screaming, the snake slithering under his clothes. The snake slithers back into Darius' warm coat, while he tosses a chunk of meat to her. Darius calmly walks off toward Central Garden, checking his watch "Dang, I missed school again, now I'm going to get punished again" he laments "oh well."
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone's characters are in the area, please tell me so Darius can interact with someone who doesn't revile him.
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-01-25 at 08:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Carver looks at the young man being scolded over a broken phone and says,

"Really, you're an Azabu student? So am I, although I dont remember seeing you before."
    Katsu nods, replying quickly and energetically.

"That just means you don't get on the roofs enough!"

As the conversation falls on dorm strictness and dirt, Katsu agrees cheerfully with Krystal.

"Never noticed anything either, but that may be because I ca-"

Suddenly disappearing in thin air, Katsu continues without a second lost, but now standing behind Carver. Despite only a fraction of a second passing

"-n do this! Boo!"
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-01-26 at 03:14 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell

Crocell was walking home from to the dorm now that he had finished his little bit of boxing training. Stil the dorm rooms outside the school garden were luxurious enough to where he could relax in peace as others would be most likely doing something else. On his way home he passes under a tree that seems to have quite a bit of people hanging around under it. Feeling annoyed at the obstruction he says, "Oi, Oi! You guys feel like moving along? After all there are other people who want to walk the streets.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Given that Miura Kin was just about to close a business deal that would corner the market in adventure stories, she didn't react well to being interrupted. Taking exception to this new arrival's tone, she whipped her head around so as to look Crocell straight in the eye.

"Do you mind? We're in the middle of something here. If you want to get past, please form an orderly queue and edge quietly around the sides."

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell gives a small snort as he says, "Or you could just move for a few measly seconds, besides it's starting to get dark out. You can barely see the sun. What kind of business could you possibly be conducting with....Carver? What are you doing out so late? The Dorm manager is gonna have your hide for the way your uniform is looking." Almost as if she is not worth the time Crocell's attention is focused on the person he occasionally skipped class with.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-01-26 at 05:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carver looks to see a familiar face, they'd skipped class together a few times, his name was Shiota or something, he could never really pronounce his name right.

"Oh hey, yeah I was planning on heading back soon, but you see I've recently signed up with judgement, and well one thing lead to another with this case and I got lost in the sewers, My new friend here had a few ideas to help me get cleaned up with before I headed back to the dorms, right Kin?"

With the last question Carver turns his head back towards Kin.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2012-01-26 at 08:12 PM.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as her name was uttered, Kin's head snapped straight back to Carver. Her long suffering neck was then subjected to even more stress as she gave him a couple of nods that were at least two steps too emphatic.

"Absolutely. Just tell me your number and all your worries about clandestine cleaning will be over forever. Whether you want long soaks in the bath while your clothes get expertly laundered, or an emergency pit stop on the last leg of a race to beat curfew, these people will have you covered."

30. - Top - End - #870
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell sighs as he says, "Man, I never thougt you would join Judgement. Anyways here." He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a spare uniform. "It might be a little....small." After saying that statement with a pained look on his face. "You can use one of my spare uniforms. It will at least get you in to change into a new pair of yours."

Handing over the cloths he looks back at Kin and Krystal with a questioning look on his face."Ah, you girls are from Tokiwadai. One of the only schools that might be as stiff, if not stiffer that Azabu." After hearing what she says to Carver he lets out a laugh as he says, "Oh man, that is hilarious! I didn't know that you had fangirls Carver."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-01-26 at 08:42 PM.