New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Intima: Melee Base Class 3.5(PEACH)

Well, the Weapon Graft applies to any weapon of the type.

So, if I choose a sythe as my weapon for that level, I can use any sythe.

And if you're referring directly to the graft, grafts can't be sundered..

unosarta, I like that, I think I will change it to a resistance bonus.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought I'd give an update, I'm playing this class in a PbP. So far its been T4. Not quite effective at fighting multiple targets, and other classes(Casters) can do the job a little better. We'll see if it acts like a T3 at all.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Well some of the major components of raising tiers is utility and versatility. Dual Graft and being able to switch them greatly increase versatility, while a good portion of the grafts add utility. A fighter needs lots of money and magic items and spell caster friends to compare to using grafts. Is it wizard or sorcerer level power? No. Is that a bad thing? Not at all. From what I've seen it is good at doing its job in melee, and (since I'm in the same PbP) I think its hard to pick a tier yet since we have only tested combat so far. I think that things like Spider and Tunnling will be very useful outside of combat, and that's just from looking at arms! There are dozens of grafts and each one is unique. If your worried its not stong enough, id add more grafts. The chassis is strong enough for my tastes anyway.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

You've gotten unlucky most of the time so far - and you did almost murder that spellcaster. Also bear in mind that you were not fighting enemies that were quite...normal (in any sense of the term).

Next few encounters should allow you to flex those soul-muscles a bit.

Oh, and if you didn't guess, I'm the DM of the PbP these two *points up* poor sods are taking part in. And we're just getting into the fun stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks guys, I'm thinking of adding more grafts soon. We'll see how the class stands up.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

A curious class indeed. I'll have to take the time to look at the Grafts in detail, but for now I'm just going to comment on a few things.
    Like others have said, I think the save progression is kinda weird. You might want to consider changing it to Fort/Will Good, Refl/Bad.
    The 15th level Weapon Bond ability is a bit much. A full-bab class that needs to hit touch ac is criminally easy. You could guarantee that regardless of whatever crazy penalties you apply, you will hit with every attack on certain enemies. Maybe change it to something like add Wisdom modifier to hit or automatically confirm criticals. I do like the Force effect, melee needs something nice to overcome incorporeal/ethereal enemies.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    A curious class indeed. I'll have to take the time to look at the Grafts in detail, but for now I'm just going to comment on a few things.
    Like others have said, I think the save progression is kinda weird. You might want to consider changing it to Fort/Will Good, Refl/Bad.
    The 15th level Weapon Bond ability is a bit much. A full-bab class that needs to hit touch ac is criminally easy. You could guarantee that regardless of whatever crazy penalties you apply, you will hit with every attack on certain enemies. Maybe change it to something like add Wisdom modifier to hit or automatically confirm criticals. I do like the Force effect, melee needs something nice to overcome incorporeal/ethereal enemies.
    I will rethink it. I guess I should change the progression if there is enough problem with it. As for the Weapon Bond, I can see where you're coming from, but it wouldn't do too much to auto-hit with your weapon. At level 15 2d6+12(Greatsword with a +6 str bonus) and we'll say its magic so 4d6+12 damage. Compared to casters I don't really see a problem with 24 damage per hit. I think I'll do the Wis to Hit maybe.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~