New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm kinda waiting for an alternative response than "Summon guns and shoot the mighty demonic abominations"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    As I understand it, this is our plan:
    • Salmon and Threeshades attack the Shades, possibly using some sort of power from Salmon's talisman
    • They possibly blind the Shades
    • The Shades charges towards them
    • Either they dodge or Leeroy changes the direction of the charge
    • The Shades crash through door
    • Either Dekopin repairs the door, or the portal closes
    • The Shades are kicked out of the stable bubble into the Plane of Incarnum proper, and dissolve there, gone for good.
    Threeshades said he was making a comic over a week ago, but we've heard nothing else from her. And as I've heard nothing from Salmon, who's up for deciding what his talisman does?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Lo and behold! New tropes for the list. Seriously, I try to say not to tv tropes. They just won't listen

Archive Panic: Just try and go through all archives. Go on. We dare you.

Complete Monster: Threeshades. She has danced jig all long the Moral Event Horizon for most of the story

Meaningful Name: Mostly played for laughs, but Threeshades and some others play the trope straight on occassion

Mary Sue/Marty Stu: ABr has long list of ridiculously skilled characters who apply well to these tropes

Implacable Man: Abr has long list of implacable men and women, but to the top tier rise Randomizer and Threeshades

Joke Item:Some characters have used truly laughable items as weapons in long and glorious history of ABR. These include eggs, soda, sticks, stones, heads and other body parts... the list goes on

Losing Your Head: Several characters have survived decapitation with only mild annoyance, and ABR boasts entire race with ability for such

Off With His Head:Decapitation seems to be in style in ABR
    Added all these to the page.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Lo and behold! New tropes for the list. Seriously, I try to say not to tv tropes. They just won't listen

Archive Panic: Just try and go through all archives. Go on. We dare you.

Complete Monster: Threeshades. She has danced jig all long the Moral Event Horizon for most of the story

Meaningful Name: Mostly played for laughs, but Threeshades and some others play the trope straight on occassion

Mary Sue/Marty Stu: ABr has long list of ridiculously skilled characters who apply well to these tropes

Implacable Man: Abr has long list of implacable men and women, but to the top tier rise Randomizer and Threeshades

Joke Item:Some characters have used truly laughable items as weapons in long and glorious history of ABR. These include eggs, soda, sticks, stones, heads and other body parts... the list goes on

Losing Your Head: Several characters have survived decapitation with only mild annoyance, and ABR boasts entire race with ability for such

Off With His Head:Decapitation seems to be in style in ABR
    Joke item indeed. I believe I hit someone with a cat. Does that not deserve mention? Especially since the cat was a PC? Hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Added all these to the page.
    Still. None. Describe. Xartyve2!

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Well, suggest something that does describe Xartvye2.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    That's because you're a newb your character hasn't been here for too long. Because of that, your character is undeveloped. I for one know NOTHING about your character except he can intimidate robots and he wears red.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    That's because you're a newb your character hasn't been here for too long. Because of that, your character is undeveloped. I for one know NOTHING about your character except he can intimidate robots and he wears red.
    Point taken. And it wasnt a robot, it was guy in a robot suit.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Yeah, I don't have any tropes either, and I've been around longer than you. I plan on fixing this.
    Also, here's some more tropes:
    Dead Little Sister: Many characters in Avatar Battle Royale have lost someone dear to them, generally in insignificant backstory.
    Darker and Edgier: Future Imperfect, the sequel to Fat Fish Fury, is a much more cynical story than its predecessor.
    Grumpy Bear: Many people, such as Nilmerg Eht and The Q, tend to be moody, cynical, and irritable, and almost everybody in Future Imperfect is.
    Ineffectual Loner: Pretty much everyone in Future Imperfect is a loner to some degree. Most notably Lyinginbedmon.
    Fallen Hero: Nilmerg Eht is probably the most notable Fallen Hero.
    Dark and Troubled Past: Pretty much anybody from the many from Arcania.
    Antihero: In Future Imperfect, almost everybody is an Antihero to some extent.
    Hero with bad Publicity: Ins has turned everyone against the 'heroes'.
    Villain with Good Publicity: Ins is believed to be the 'savior' of Avbaroy.
    The Atoner: Threeshades and Nilmerg Eht both fill this role well.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-04-27 at 09:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Yeah, I don't have any tropes either, and I've been around longer than you. I plan on fixing this.
    Also, here's some more tropes:
    Dead Little Sister: Many characters in Avatar Battle Royale have lost someone dear to them, generally in insignificant backstory.
    Darker and Edgier: Future Imperfect, the sequel to Fat Fish Fury, is a much more cynical story than its predecessor.
    Grumpy Bear: Many people, such as Nilmerg Eht and The Q, tend to be moody, cynical, and irritable, and almost everybody in Future Imperfect is.
    Ineffectual Loner: Pretty much everyone in Future Imperfect is a loner to some degree. Most notably Lyinginbedmon.
    Fallen Hero: Nilmerg Eht is probably the most notable Fallen Hero.
    Dark and Troubled Past: Pretty much anybody from the many from Arcania.
    Antihero: In Future Imperfect, almost everybody is an Antihero to some extent.
    Hero with bad Publicity: Ins has turned everyone against the 'heroes'.
    Villain with Good Publicity: Ins is believed to be the 'savior' of Avbaroy.
    The Atoner: Threeshades and Nilmerg Eht both fill this role well.
    Added all these.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

April 28...

The Day ABR Stopped.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

ABR stopped and died a long time ago.

BTW, cool new avatar
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    ABR stopped and died a long time ago.

BTW, cool new avatar
    I drew it for no reason and loved it so much I decided to brag about it.

EDIT: It also clears up the "does he wear pants?" issue.

He does, but doesn't tuck his valet shirt in so you don't see it.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-29 at 03:38 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

New tropes again

BFS:: Used by many, many characters. To mind rise Jason Doomblade, Almighty Salmon (Well, he has used a knife bigger than himself), Mecha-Nightwing and Eita

Bottomless Magazines:Named characters never run out of ammo unless it is determined by plot, unless they are using something that absolutely needs a reload after each use.

BFG:These have made numerous appereances, amongst the worst offenders being chainguns, missile launchers and lazers

Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Tea parties in middle of fights to the death. Don't ask.

Bizarre And Improbable Ballistics: Don't even ask how some of the shots made in ABR are possible. Just go with Rule of Cool.

Character Customization:every character in the story,naturally

Good Scars Evil Scars:Many characters sport scars even in FFF, even more will do so in FI

Nuke 'Em:The arcanian Jovocian missile technology: bringing nuclear warheads to the small nation near you.

Ninja:Used to certain degree, but still not overdone

Revenge:Whole ABR is full of revenge-inspired subplots, and sometimes even main plots

Rule of Cool:All over the place

Kill Sat:There is one right in the orbit of the planet

Hell:The setting has Baator, in which some characters have visited along the course of the story

Hidden Elf Village:Sharnin

One Winged Angel:Threeshades has this as standard power after certain point of the story

Winged Humanoid: ABR has it's share of winged people. Notable examples include Threeshades, Eita, Calamity and Fayte

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

I have way to many characters in FI, I think I'll just stick with Argonath and Flayon and save the rest.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I have way to many characters in FI, I think I'll just stick with Argonath and Flayon and save the rest.
    The more the merrier, though!
    ...said the guy who once had 6 characters.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    The more the merrier, though!
    ...said the guy who once had 6 characters.
    Yeah, but I want to concentrate on the kobolds.

By the way I made this

Just like Mad mask's style.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #137

New tropes again

BFS:: Used by many, many characters. To mind rise Jason Doomblade, Almighty Salmon (Well, he has used a knife bigger than himself), Mecha-Nightwing and Eita

Bottomless Magazines:Named characters never run out of ammo unless it is determined by plot, unless they are using something that absolutely needs a reload after each use.

BFG:These have made numerous appereances, amongst the worst offenders being chainguns, missile launchers and lazers

Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Tea parties in middle of fights to the death. Don't ask.

Bizarre And Improbable Ballistics: Don't even ask how some of the shots made in ABR are possible. Just go with Rule of Cool.

Character Customization:every character in the story,naturally

Good Scars Evil Scars:Many characters sport scars even in FFF, even more will do so in FI

Nuke 'Em:The arcanian Jovocian missile technology: bringing nuclear warheads to the small nation near you.

Ninja:Used to certain degree, but still not overdone

Revenge:Whole ABR is full of revenge-inspired subplots, and sometimes even main plots

Rule of Cool:All over the place

Kill Sat:There is one right in the orbit of the planet

Hell:The setting has Baator, in which some characters have visited along the course of the story

Hidden Elf Village:Sharnin

One Winged Angel:Threeshades has this as standard power after certain point of the story

Winged Humanoid: ABR has it's share of winged people. Notable examples include Threeshades, Eita, Calamity and Fayte
    Added these.

I should jump on the new avatar bandwagon...
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yeah, but I want to concentrate on the kobolds.

By the way I made this

Just like Mad mask's style.
    Nice! I still refuse to switch, though.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

The new panel by Q has a lot of blue.....almost too much blue...

and is it too late to join this ABR? I have some ideas.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    The new panel by Q has a lot of blue.....almost too much blue...

and is it too late to join this ABR? I have some ideas.
    Really? Is there a set in stone ground-to-wall ratio?

Anyway, sure. Join ABR. There's nothing stopping you. FFF is wrapping up though, so you may want to wait until the sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Really? Is there a set in stone ground-to-wall ratio?
    You should probably lower the saturation if you're gonna keep that blue for the floors. It's pretty bright.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

blue robes + blue floor of a similar color = painful.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, Lying, what would the Seen Servant thingys do in this situation? Party with the Qs? Stop the party if it gets too rowdy? Throw the Qs out? That may be important.
    If you lied well enough, they'd believe you had permission from Lying to set up the party, but they'll still step in if it gets too rowdy or bad things start happening.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    You should probably lower the saturation if you're gonna keep that blue for the floors. It's pretty bright.
    blue robes + blue floor of a similar color = painful.
    I'll try to keep that in mind next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    If you lied well enough, they'd believe you had permission from Lying to set up the party, but they'll still step in if it gets too rowdy or bad things start happening.
    Dang. And here I was going to use the party as an excuse to bring up Q's cocaine problem.

Hypothetically, what would they do IF it did got too rowdy?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-04-29 at 06:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Well if it gets rowdy, I remind you there's upwards of 200 Seen Servants, all of whom have the capacity to at least pick up a crossbow, and four of which are significantly powerful to keep the Citadel and all it's equipment safe and running in a desert for months at a time.

Ie. They'll ever detain you or throw you out. Killing isn't usually something they do without Lying's order.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Would anyone be against me joining at least the Journey Home arc? I have some ideas...

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Would anyone be against me joining at least the Journey Home arc? I have some ideas...
    NOBODY WOULD MIND! JOIN ALREADY! ncl
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-04-29 at 08:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

The Journey Home is pretty much a free-for all with not too much planning in advance that allows pretty much anything. (different dimensions mean there are no restrictions on charecters or settings ) That means there is a good chance your ideas will be implemented. I say go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Tropes, tropes. They just never run out

After the End: FFF's sequel, FI, takes place when most of the world is under the control of bad guys

Back From the Dead:Many characters in ABR have made comeback from the dead

Chess With Death:Parodied often with resident Grim Reaper, Nameless, who also happens to be Cloudcuckoolander

Stuff Blowing Up:And how!

Earth Shattering Kaboom:Explosive apocalypse from the sky, spell designed just for the effect, can pretty much wipe out civilizations

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    The Journey Home is pretty much a free-for all with not too much planning in advance that allows pretty much anything. (different dimensions mean there are no restrictions on charecters or settings ) That means there is a good chance your ideas will be implemented. I say go for it!
    It's actually parallel universes, not dimensions. If you really meant dimensions that would mean we could have 4 dimensional characters.