New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Elf hating [3.5]

So for this little thread I have some thoughts in mind that I would like to roll with.
    the PrC Kinslayer from Drow of the Underdark is a fun class but limited and wanted to make one but wasnt sure how to go about getting into the class in the most efficient way.
    pre-reqs are 4 non-fighter feats and that you be a drow.
    endurance, diehard, unspeakable vow and vow of vengeance.

with pre reqs like that my first thought would be to go ranger to enter but really would like some help with ideas on how to get into this class with good potential of being effective.

Edit:
    so thoughts are as such

scout 6/ kinslayer X
    ranger 6/ kinslayer X
    ranger 3/ scout 4/ kinslayer X (swift hunter option)
    Last edited by ojayaba; 2012-10-30 at 11:42 AM. Reason: updating post

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Elf hating [3.5]

Using flaws would help.

I think Crusader gets Die Hard as a feat.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Using flaws would help.

I think Crusader gets Die Hard as a feat.
    It should also be noted going this route you will be limited to extremes. Either Chaotic or Lawful, crusaders are never neutral. I have this nagging that there are better options to get in and some classes that get one of either endurance or die hard as bonus feats. I just can't recall which.

Edit: I just thought of something funny but can't happen without DM approval. Having a Thri-Kreen be raised by a drow society, again fluff wise you might be able to get a DM to approve him to taking, but just a funny thought considering Thri Kreen love to eat elves.
    Last edited by HunterColt22; 2012-10-30 at 09:53 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

thus i was kinda thinking ranger that gets endurance at 3, 3rd lvl feat could be diehard, unspeakable vow at 1, vow of vengeance at 6 lvl 1 kinslayer at 7, no flaws and first level of PrC at 7s not bad...
    or take 2 flaws and be in at 4th...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Um... Scout can get Endurance as a bonus feat as well.

Also, that Thri suggestion is pretty funny.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

...ew... forgot about scouts having access to it as a bonus feat...
    that thri thing would be funny indeed!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

"What are you doing?" "Making my special stew clutch mate, you loved it at mother's anniversary of becoming a cleric of Loth." "I have just never seen you make it before, what is that, goose liver?" "Silver elf actually, with a hint of wood elf for flavor." "... I thought I hated them, but holy ****."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HunterColt22 View Post
    "What are you doing?" "Making my special stew clutch mate, you loved it at mother's anniversary of becoming a cleric of Loth." "I have just never seen you make it before, what is that, goose liver?" "Silver elf actually, with a hint of wood elf for flavor." "... I thought I hated them, but holy ****."
    LOL! Actually fell out of my chair laughing at that!

9. - Top - End - #9

Hating elf's is a fashion statement of all editions

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

In all seriousness though, scout and ranger my be better bets if you are not either familiar with ToB or, you dislike being an extreme on alignment. Go Ranger if you want some spells and a companion, which honestly isn't bad, along with supplemental wep styles to choose, or scout if you want trapfinding, damage similar to a rogue's SA but easier to hit with, or you could just combine the two and become a swift hunter for the first 7 levels.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

In all seriousness though, scout and ranger my be better bets if you are not either familiar with ToB or, you dislike being an extreme on alignment. Go Ranger if you want some spells and a companion, which honestly isn't bad, along with supplemental wep styles to choose, or scout if you want trapfinding, damage similar to a rogue's SA but easier to hit with, or you could just combine the two and become a swift hunter for the first 7 levels.
    the swift hunter idea might actually be a better idea then getting into the class faster just because it would be fun and RUDE!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

How long of a PRC is kinslayer anyway?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

How long of a PRC is kinslayer anyway?
    10 levels with some rage and smiting

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Scout 4 gets you a bonus feat, unfortunately the only one on your list which qualifies is Endurance. So a Scout 4/Ranger 3 doesn't help much, except that you get a free feat from the Scout bonus list. You also have no space in your build for Swift Hunter until 9th. The other feat which is quite nice here is Improved Skirmish, but that looks like being delayed until 12th.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait a minute, this has nothing to do with Dwarf Fortress does it? That's what hating elves always makes me think.
    If you can get some sort of good damage from your stats or weapons, I'd go with Ranger. If you're lacking for damage, I'd say scout is probably the better option.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.