New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

[Elevator of Dooooom]

Kenneth lets go, but isn't exactly fast. is arm is successfully hacked at, and one of his sleeves is torn up as a result. He doesn't bleed or feel any pain, though.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"See, now you're just being a jerk." All the same, Reinholdt rubs his neck in nervousness.
    Well that, and while his hand is there, he pulls a small sleight of hand to switch necklaces with one in his hammerspace.

"Not only do you presume I'll lose, but you presume that if I win, I'll want to help you in any way, shape, or form after this." Reinholdt will take the six shooter and ammo and go over it to make sure it appears to be clean and in working condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

The revolver is a fully functional killing utility. In tolerable condition too.

"Is it not customary to encourage the adversary to make their peace with their gods before a martial challenge?"

Shadow Rein inquires, though it isn't quite so interested in that factoid as it is with what gods, if any, Rein worships.

"Before we start, we think it fair to permit you to acquaint yourself with the game to be played, as we are already all too familiar with it."

Rein may hear some old school music play and see a certain menu appear on one of the walls.

It can summed up, in all its glory, with two words and two words alone. Duck Hunt.

-------
    [Elevator of Dom]

Hold it off for just a few more seconds, Ken!

The spider-beastie attempts to flick a limb behind Kenneth and sweep his legs out from under him! If it succeeds in this, it'll attempt to drag him out of the elevator through the hole in the bottom of the elevator, which will, at best, leave him dangling five or six floors above the solid ground below.

4. - Top - End - #634

[Elevator of Dum]

Kenneth barely manages to take a single step to the side and evade the creature's sweeping. That life drain spell helped his reflexes a little, but not much.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"I will never be at peace, be it with gods or otherwise."

Reinholdt says, before peering at the menu, having absolutely no idea what it is. He may have been around a few worlds, but he must have missed this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [HQ - Lintha's Room]

Neat! That teleportation ability would really have come in handy in the temple he was dispatched to!

Human-Lintha swivels around in her cushy leather armchair to face Mister C when he begins to talk! She'll attempt to respectfully pick him up off of the ground and place him atop a small cushioned couch she designed especially for him!

"Hi there, Mister C! How are you doing? Yeah! What do you need?"

She asks, muting her television and its cartoons. She can watch cartoons in Draconic and Latin later.

"Oh, and if you see any earrings lying about, could you let me know? I lost one of mine."
    [HQ - Lintha's Room]

Cartoons in Draconic and Latin? Well Mr. C won't care since he speaks these languages but it would be really strange after all.

"Eh yeah. I got a problem. I was out looking for a ring. Sadly and due to many circumstances I don't want to point out right now, since it would maybe take to long, I have accidently eaten the ring."

He then looks at her with a wide grin on his face, like in the cartoons if they have done something not so good.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #637
    Pixie in the Playground

[HQ - Lintha's Room]

Cartoons! Cartoons!

They're candy for the brain! Awmnomnom! Sweet and easy to watch loads of!

Upon hearing news of Mister C's predicament, Lintha's eyes open up wide. As wide as they are able, like she'd just been charged with the burden of disarming a bomb!

"Don't move a muscle! The slightest twitch could set it off!"

Um... She does understand that Mister C didn't ingest a bomb or anything, right?

"Where's my stethoscope? I need to auscultate for any respiratory anomalies!"

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

Rein's never... He's not yet played Duck Hunt! The game with the cruddiest shooting mechanics ever! Oh! Oh! For shame! For shame!

Factoid: Duck Hunt was the first video game I ever played!

"I won't vitiate the moment for you. Shoot at the words to start."

-------
    [Elevator of Splat!]

The spider-monster has had just about enough of Kenneth's evasion skills and buffs! He mustn't be allowed to live! It opens its mouth to spit highly corrosive goop at Ken's pretty zombie face when suddenly-

Splat!

Ew! Chunks of that beast are splattered all over the place now! Possibly all over Kenneth's shoes! Ugh! They might be ruined now!

The elevator doors are also stuck. Sigh. That's three unfortunate events so far! What lies in wait for Ken deeper in this dark crypt?

8. - Top - End - #638

[Elevator of Eeeeeww]

Kenneth would probably be breathing hard if he could, you know, breathe. He doesn't care much about his shoes, they've been ruined so many times he can't count them anymore. The stuck elevator doors, however, are another story. He tries to force them open with his undead strength.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt might as well play their game for now and shoots at the words.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #640

[HQ - Lintha's Room]

With a step to the side Mr C blinks on her head and knocks on with his paw.

"Hello? I did use near every muscle since I escaped the damn dungeon. Such hints are a bit to late you know?"

11. - Top - End - #641
    Pixie in the Playground

[HQ - Lintha's Bedroom]

Ow! Hey! That's not very nice, Mister C! Bonking Lintha on the head like that is mean!

Okay, it's more funny and soft than mean as Mister C is a plush animal, but Lintha doesn't care either way! Her skull is thicker than...than...

Oh it matters not! Her skull is thick!

"Eep! Off of my head! I don't want you to explode on my head!"

Lintha yelps, attempting to wipe Mister C off of her head!

"Okay! Okay! Just remain calm, Mister C. We'll move on to tweezers and magical decontamination procedures, okay? And then you won't blow up!"

Lintha ducks down and begins digging through her drawers until she unearths a pair of sterile metal tweezers in an unopened box!

"Please open up wide, Mister C!"

Uh-oh!

-------
    [Jammed Elevator Is Jammed - Chapter One - Stuck!]

Kenneth doesn't care about his shoes! Le gasps! But "there's an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going, where they've been." Forrest Gump told me that! If Kenneth doesn't care about his shoes, can we tell anything about him at a glance?

Go, Kenneth, go! Rip those doors open with undead strength!

And indeed Kenneth should be able to rip those doors open with undead strength! He'll gain entry to a plain, hewed stone chamber with a boulder blocking the exit on the other side. Some of the tiles on the floor appear loose. All light sources in the room have been doused, spare any Kenneth had the foresight to bring along for the trip!

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

Back to Duck Hunt!

Upon shooting the words, Rein will hear high-pitched, old-timey, and overly cheery music play! A dog will crawl across a wall, nose to the ground, the backdrop nothing more than tall grass, a tree, a bush, and a one-tone blue sky. All of a sudden, the furry white dog with black patches around its eyes gets this crazed look on its face and attempts to pounce on Rein, frothing at the mouse with jaws agape like a rabid monster-dog! Augh!

12. - Top - End - #642

[Plain Stone Chamber]

Kenneth's eyes aren't very good, but the complete lack of light doesn't help much. He can't do anything about it, so he takes a few steps forward in an attempt to see something. He makes sure to avoid the looser stones, not wanting to trip.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Pfft. Suddenly? Reinholdt was aiming for the dog and firing at it the second it started crawling across the screen.

Having never played the game, it never even crosses his mind that the dog might have been friendly.

Plus. You know. Cat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #644

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [HQ - Lintha's Bedroom]

Ow! Hey! That's not very nice, Mister C! Bonking Lintha on the head like that is mean!

Okay, it's more funny and soft than mean as Mister C is a plush animal, but Lintha doesn't care either way! Her skull is thicker than...than...

Oh it matters not! Her skull is thick!

"Eep! Off of my head! I don't want you to explode on my head!"

Lintha yelps, attempting to wipe Mister C off of her head!

"Okay! Okay! Just remain calm, Mister C. We'll move on to tweezers and magical decontamination procedures, okay? And then you won't blow up!"

Lintha ducks down and begins digging through her drawers until she unearths a pair of sterile metal tweezers in an unopened box!

"Please open up wide, Mister C!"

Uh-oh!
    [HQ - Lintha's Bedroom]

And she manages to wipe off Mister C from her head who pings against the table then falls futher down to the floor. Landing on his back he tries to look up at Lintha.

"This is.."
    *burp* "not nice from you. I haven't.." *burp* "eaten a bomb."

In some way he regreat to drink the soda back in Trogs.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

[HQ - Lintha's Bedroom]

Lintha transfers a potion from one of her desk drawers to the floor. She uncorks the bottle with a pop before slowly backing away from Mister C toward the door.

"I'm going to scram before you explode. That's a potion that should make you intangible for a few minutes. Good luck disposing of that bomb!"

Lintha calls before darting out the door and slamming it shut behind her! Mr. C wasn't acting rationally! First he swallows a bomb and then he starts teleporting everywhere! She doesn't want to go boom because he's lost his marbles!

She's wants to live! Live, I say!

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

Yes. Cat. >.< Right. I should have factored that in. That "little" detail slipped my mind.

Well, he's exterminated the zombie-duck hunt dog! That's 10,000 points right there! Good show! The shadow Reinholdt clone is impressed!

Ah, but can Rein beat the highscore?

One zombie duck flaps out of the bushes, heading up diagonally and then attempting to ram into Rein! He'll find his shots less accurate the further he is from the screen! Spamming shots at random around the target might even be more accurate than aiming directly at it!

-------
    [Plainly Trapped Stone Chamber!]

Up ahead is a dark hallway filled with ancient stone statues of Grecian hoplites with their pointy sticks on stone pedestals! They're very lifelike. Crafted to scale with all the subtle touches of an accomplished stonemason.

They're also rigged with thin tripwires copper wire thin tripwires. There's no telling what they do from this distance but it is safe to assume that it wouldn't be healthy for Ken to trigger them.

He'd better watch his step!

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Seriously. Their response to the dog getting shot by the cat is to send a bird next? A bird.

It's like they're want Reinholdt to win. Admittedly they did choose probably the one thing he's best at to test him with.

Which is ok with him, but he's more interested in shooting down the bird. Bang bang bang, Reinholdt goes, mentally counting the shots until his next reload. Granted, he doesn't really think to aim off-center from the target so things might go awry.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-17 at 11:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #647
    Pixie in the Playground

[Manor Grounds]

A young man nearing his twenties is walking up the hill on the asphalt road. He had heard about CURATOR and thought this was the chance to become a better summoner. He checks himself to see if he had everything he would need.

1. Card Belt with cards
    2. Daggers and Dirks
    3. Bag of Holding

Well looks like everything was in order. Upon reaching the Manor house he looks around with his dark red eyes to see if there was anyone in the vicinity that he could talk to to ask how to join.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

18. - Top - End - #648

[HQ - Lintha's Bedroom]

Mr C just shrugs. Strange person. As he drinks the potion he becomes intangible. All his gear dropping off namly a halm an armor. Also the ring drops of since it doesn't get intangible. sadly the other stuff falls down as well namly a strange egg, sand, the gem of emotions, sand, a big pill of Mr. c size clothes. snad, some gems, sand, some gold. That's it for now and since the effect still takes place Mr. C hovers through the wall down to the entrace.

The young man might notice the green little intangible stuff animal. (See Character Directory Mr. C for more informations)

19. - Top - End - #649

[Plainly Trapped Stone Chamber]

Kenneth lifting his feet to walk is a bit of a task for him, because, you know, zombie and all. But he does see the tripwires, and does his best not to trigger them. He fumbles around in his jacket for some source of light, not that it does any good.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

... Yes. ...

Don't look at me like that! It did merit giving it a shot! Sort of! Rein didn't react to the dog attacking him with anything but accurate shooting so...why not send in a bird to test him? For variety's sake! Aerial assaults might induce vertigo in the...

Augh! I'm melting under the critical stare! Melting I tell you!

Rein's first shot registers as pulling left. His second registers as too far right of the target to be tallied up as a hit! But the third! The third is dead-on!

And the vicious, undead, toothed duck is down for the count! It plummets from the sky, a pillow's fill of feathers floating to and settling upon the ground below where it was whacked!

The undead duck hunt dog doesn't reappear to signal the level transition. Instead there is only a brief pause before...

Four undead field mice armed with cutlasses hobble out of the tall grass and advance on Rein! Arr! They'll try to cut Rein if they close the distance between him and the grass!

"Squeak! Brains! Squeak!"

-------
    [HQ/Manor House]

Lintha has disappeared! She'll return shortly. Gotta make a call about the new mission first!

-------
    [Plainly Tarped Trapped Stone Chamber!]

Good going, Ken! Ken avoids setting off the tripwires like an expert! But while he's fumbling for a light source, he might hear a war whoop shatter the tyrannical silence of the crypt!

A kobold leaps off of a ledge in the adjoining chamber, the one now accessible to Ken since he's passed over the tripwires!

The interior of this room isn't quite visible from this angle, but the screeching kobold indubitably is!

"You will not steals the kobold boss's treasure! Dree will not lets you!"

The single-minded semi-intelligent creature shrieks as it attempts to joust against Kenneth with a leafless stick!

21. - Top - End - #651
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

The young man does indeed notice the 5 inch big green animal. I mean Mr. C went tangible not invisible. Him not knowing that Mr. C is sentient he reaches into his bag of holding. From there he pulls out crumbs of some sort. The crumbs are a harmless potato chip flavor food edible humans and non-humans. He holds it out to Mr. C.

"Hey there little guy, feeling hungry?"
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652

[Entrace]

The little stuff animal hovers down like a ghost. Observing the crumbs. Looking up with anannoyed expression, what appears cute assuming he is so small, Mr.C speaks up.

"Are you kidding me Mr? Do I look like a pigeon? Still thanks for the offer but in my current state I m unable to eat anything."

23. - Top - End - #653
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

Whoah, it talks. The young man thought that it was a familiar of sorts since it can talk. He proceeds to return it into the bag of holding.

"Ok then. If I may ask what are you doing?"

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt takes the brief pause to snap check the gun's sights to see if they're on straight or if the barrel might be filed wrong. Can't really do the latter in any detail, since he has to look at it awkwardly just to keep it from pointing at him. And I doubt he'll find anything before the next targets arrive.

... Which are mice. Rein's starting to feel outright insulted now and shoots at the closest until a confirmed hit, then the next closest and so on until he either a. kills them all, b. they reach him, or c. he mentally reaches the point where he needs to change clips for more ammo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #655

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Entrance]

Whoah, it talks. The young man thought that it was a familiar of sorts since it can talk. He proceeds to return it into the bag of holding.

"Ok then. If I may ask what are you doing?"
    [Entrance]

"What does it look like? I hover around due to the effect of this potion I needed to get an ancient item out of my stormatch."

The little creature replies hovering around like a ghost .

26. - Top - End - #656
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Alright then, if its ok with you, can I ask you some questions?" Maybe this intangible lizard can tell me where I need to go to join CURATOR.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #657
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt takes the brief pause to snap check the gun's sights to see if they're on straight or if the barrel might be filed wrong. Can't really do the latter in any detail, since he has to look at it awkwardly just to keep it from pointing at him. And I doubt he'll find anything before the next targets arrive.

... Which are mice. Rein's starting to feel outright insulted now and shoots at the closest until a confirmed hit, then the next closest and so on until he either a. kills them all, b. they reach him, or c. he mentally reaches the point where he needs to change clips for more ammo.
    [Lake Hylia]

The revolver is fine! Perfectly fine!

Except that it looks like someone took an abrasive to the rifling! That's probably why the gun isn't working as it should. The spin on the bullets is all wrong!

What happens to Rein depends entirely on the placement of his first shot! Assuming that all the mice have been, more or less, awoken from their eternal slumber turned loose from their cages at the same time, if Rein is positioned in the middle of the field of play, the middle mouse would technically be closest to Rein! If Rein shoots at this mouse, mouse 3 (from left to right), he'll end up headshotting mouse 2 and mouse 4 in three shots and mouse 3 on his fourth. He'll be able to send mouse 1 back to hell if he uses up his remaining two shots.

Then, he'll have zero bullets and zombie mouse 5 to deal with.

And zombie mouse 5 isn't hungry for cheese. That much is evident!

"Brainz!"

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Well Reinholdt does have one more shot with the gun actually. Sort of.

Basically he throws the gun at zombie mouse 5 as his last ditch effort to kill it and win the game via questionable methods. Yay cheating!

If that doesn't work, then zombie mouse 5 will reach him pretty handily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #659

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Entrance]

"Alright then, if its ok with you, can I ask you some questions?" Maybe this intangible lizard can tell me where I need to go to join CURATOR.
    [Entrance]

He raise his little paws.

"Ask me whatever you want, but know this:
    No I'm not a god, but if you worship me I won't mind.
    No I'm not the owner of this place I just work here to speard my free time.
    Yes, you can call me master.
    So what else do you want to know?"

Damn Mr. C just cause your untouchable right now doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

The first question was way off topic, the second was a bit obvious and the third showed how over sized Mr. C's ego was. "I just want to know where I can meet someone who has the authority to induct people who want to become a member of CURATOR. Can you tell me where I need to go....er Master Lizard/Chameleon?"

Spoiler
    Show