New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    What if they were eaten by the snarl and this is some sort of limbo?
    Yeah, that's another possibility. If any Snarl'd characters are identified, I guess we'll know for sure. (Which may be another reason for the code-names; it doesn't let us know who's who so easily.)

And I wonder if there's a bigger reason for the harsh punishments and the need to keep everyone in line.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-27 at 04:40 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    And I wonder if there's a bigger reason for the harsh punishments and the need to keep everyone in line.
    Because Water-Smurf gets a kick out of it?

How severe are the punishments at your school, Water-Smurf?

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

That's the meta-reason.

I meant something like them not wanting students to find out what's really going on, something like that.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-27 at 04:51 PM.
    DeviantArt

4. - Top - End - #994

That's the meta-reason.

I meant something like them not wanting students to find out what's really going on, something like that.
    Ever heard of the phrase "Skeleton in the closet"?

So part of my Latin test tomorrow involves the Pygmalion story. Remember that one? Where the guy carves a marble statue of a woman and falls in love with it, and has sex with it?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-27 at 04:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Ever heard of the phrase "Skeleton in the closet"?
    ...Wouldn't that mean Xykon was coming out of the closet?

So part of my Latin test tomorrow involves the Pygmalion story. Remember that one? Where the guy carves a marble statue of a woman and falls in love with it, and has sex with it?
    There are worse inanimate objects he could have chosen.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-27 at 05:01 PM.
    DeviantArt

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Never read it, so a few questions about it: does the statue come to live? If so, is it before or after he falls in love with it? Is it anything like the ideal he projected onto it?

Sorry if I'm sounding like a Englilsh or Latin teacher here, I'm just curious.

7. - Top - End - #997

There are worse inanimate objects he could have chosen.
    But marble's hard and cold...And it doesn't move...And I'm pretty sure that shards of it are sharp...

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    Never read it, so a few questions about it: does the statue come to live? If so, is it before or after he falls in love with it? Is it anything like the ideal he projected onto it?

Sorry if I'm sounding like a Englilsh or Latin teacher here, I'm just curious.
    Yes, at the end of the story, thanks to Venus. And they have a kid.

And of course, when Pygmalion checks to see if the statue's come to life yet, guess which part he checks to see is warm and made of flesh instead of marble first.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-27 at 05:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Barbarian in the Playground

See? You can write comedy!
    The issue is that it's probably going to come off as awkward and clumsy. I don't know how to write it out properly.

And yet at the same time fascinated with it. Just like many people with this thread...
    I'm wondering how I'm going to get that awkward 'I really want to have sex with you but I am terrified' teenage feel. It'll probably come naturally, but I haven't tried writing awkward!Reddy and awkward!V before...

Some kind of midnight study session (or any other innocent reason for them both to be out of bed after lights-out) that ends with them running from the teachers/monitors, to avoid getting caught.

Then see how long it takes for them to realize that they'll be in even more trouble if they get caught together. If they end up having to hide together in a small space, they'd probably lampshade it.

Other than that, some friendly rivalry could give things a kick-start.
    Interesting, interesting... Right-Eye will probably have some neat commentary on the story when he inevitably forces Reddy to spill the beans.

New theory: they've been kidnapped from some time in the other V/Reddy fic and memory-wiped.

Or, they're still in Girard's dungeon and Reddy's hallucinating this whole thing.

...yeah, I have no idea really.
    BWA-HA-HA-HA!!

*coughs* I really need to kick that habit...

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Water-Smurf: still in character even if transplanted to a new setting. Getting the "kidnapped" vibe same as Zanaril.
    It's good that my roommate isn't here. She would be wondering why her roommate was cackling and grinning like a crazy person.

As you said there wouldn't be anything he could do. If illness he would still try and help her even as he made her worse. Actually, depending on how far along this was in the story he could hate himself for hurting her, even if it wasn't his fault.
    Hmm. What if it was Tiasal in trouble? How would either parent separately react?

Have to agree here. As self-disciplined as Reddy may be, if V was being tortured I don't think he would initially be able to stop himself from reacting. In the scenario you described of V being hurt more if Reddy tried to help, Reddy probably would try to do something despite the warnings, although he wouldn't need reminding a second time after V suffered for it.
    True. Although he'd probably go on a rampage once he knew Vaarsuvius was safe.

All this speculation in making me ravenous for more COP.
    I've been trying to write it, but the chapter's being stubborn...

I'm just saying that if you're gonna do it, do it right. Otherwise it's a horrifying eldritch abomination!
    Don't worry. I have no intention of failing every biology lesson I have or will take.

True, true, but I rarely do stuff just because I get a kick!

(I'm loving this speculation, by the way.)

How severe are the punishments at your school, Water-Smurf?
    The very worst you get for regular offenses is a restriction, which basically means you aren't allowed to use technology or leave your room on Friday night and you get checked on every half-hour. If you do something like get caught with drugs or alcohol, you're usually quietly ushered into what I have dubbed 'Boarding School Rehab', which is basically just a program designed to help get kids who made a couple bad decisions back on the right path. If you do something like that a second time (or if you were stupid about it the first time) or if you're caught cheating/stealing/plagiarizing, then you get a DP, which is basically going through this arduous process of a disciplinary hearing and, if you're found guilty, you get a permanent mark on your record. If you get a second DP, you're kicked out of school.

So no, it's not that severe. My school believes in second chances.

But marble's hard and cold...And it doesn't move...And I'm pretty sure that shards of it are sharp...
    But wasn't there something about Aphrodite bringing it to life...?

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

And of course, when Pygmalion checks to see if the statue's come to life yet, guess which part he checks to see is warm and made of flesh instead of marble first.
    Checks to see? Did he make it part of his daily routine to check up on it? Did he have any legitimate reason to believe it would happen?

...You're probably in one of those Honors classes where the students analyze and sometimes overanalyze the assignments. Has anyone you know of had the idea that Pygmalion was just crazy and eventually the statue coming to life, Venus, and their child was all a hallucination constructed by his lonely mind to avoid the soul-crushing lack of human contact?

You know, like this guy?
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2010-01-27 at 05:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    The issue is that it's probably going to come off as awkward and clumsy. I don't know how to write it out properly.

I'm wondering how I'm going to get that awkward 'I really want to have sex with you but I am terrified' teenage feel. It'll probably come naturally, but I haven't tried writing awkward!Reddy and awkward!V before...
    I can help, if you need it.

I'm sure everyone else here will too.

It's good that my roommate isn't here. She would be wondering why her roommate was cackling and grinning like a crazy person.

Hmm. What if it was Tiasal in trouble? How would either parent separately react?
    I foresee several explosions...

I've been trying to write it, but the chapter's being stubborn...
    Lead pipe?

Don't worry. I have no intention of failing every biology lesson I have or will take.
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

The very worst you get for regular offenses is a restriction, which basically means you aren't allowed to use technology or leave your room on Friday night and you get checked on every half-hour. If you do something like get caught with drugs or alcohol, you're usually quietly ushered into what I have dubbed 'Boarding School Rehab', which is basically just a program designed to help get kids who made a couple bad decisions back on the right path. If you do something like that a second time (or if you were stupid about it the first time) or if you're caught cheating/stealing/plagiarizing, then you get a DP, which is basically going through this arduous process of a disciplinary hearing and, if you're found guilty, you get a permanent mark on your record. If you get a second DP, you're kicked out of school.

So no, it's not that severe. My school believes in second chances.
    Ah, okay then.

But wasn't there something about Aphrodite bringing it to life...?
    Yes, there is.

Doesn't make it any less messed up though.

Checks to see? Did he make it part of his daily routine to check up on it?
    Yes. Yes, he did.

...You're probably in one of those Honors classes where the students analyze and sometimes overanalyze the assignments. Has anyone you know of had the idea that Pygmalion was just crazy and eventually the statue coming to life, Venus, and their child was all a hallucination constructed by his lonely mind to avoid the soul-crushing lack of human contact?
    Praise from Ceasar apparently.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-27 at 05:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    You know, the moment you mentioned the ABD i got hard...If you know what i mean
    Is there a different meaning for that phrase that I'm unaware of? "If you know what I mean" generally means that what was just said could mean at least two different things.

Cute little oneshot, Sereg, especially since Tsukiko definitely seems the type.

Here. There's one meaning to it that will seem obvious. I didn't pick it for the obvious meaning.

Don't worry, I love writing in this world. :> It's so delicious to let out details little by little.

No, Belkar is Halfling. Doppel is short for Doppelganger. Guess who it is?
    Ah, a link. Thankee much. *clicks* *reads* Hm...

I'm glad you're enoying writing it so much; I know I'll enjoy reading it all!

Would that be the to our ?

In his defense, depending on your interpretation and where you're reading it from, it might not have actually gone that far until the gods brought her to life, but, that reminds me: in case anyone was wondering, I plan to get chapter 2 of When in Rome up shortly after I finish Coffee x Elan and Mr. Scruffy x half the cast of Cats. And after that will be chapter 3 of Hinjo x Tsukiko...

Yes.
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    In his defense, depending on your interpretation and where you're reading it from, it might not have actually gone that far until the gods brought her to life, but, that reminds me: in case anyone was wondering, I plan to get chapter 2 of When in Rome up shortly after I finish Coffee x Elan and Mr. Scruffy x half the cast of Cats. And after that will be chapter 3 of Hinjo x Tsukiko...
    Ooh, is it done yet?

Allow me to post the exact translation:
    He arranges this (The statue) on bedding dyed with Sidonian shell (Dye made from conch shells) and calls it the partner of his bed.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Orc in the Playground

Ooh, is it done yet?

He arranges this (The statue) on bedding dyed with Sidonian shell (Dye made from conch shells) and calls it the partner of his bed.
    Getting there, but it could be several hours yet; I've got quite a bit of English to work on (and the fact that I frequent all my favorite forums while doing my homework doesn't help, but that's a problem I choose to deal with ).

Incriminating, to be sure, but unless it specifically says he then proceeded to put his money where his mouth was there's still an arguable case. For comparison: I'm sure there's no end to the pet names ranging from cute to disturbing that Tsukiko's called her Xykon doll, but she only actually wants the real thing. This sentiment obviously doesn't apply to any fic that statement might have just inspired.
    That's what she said.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Getting there, but it could be several hours yet; I've got quite a bit of English to work on (and the fact that I frequent all my favorite forums while doing my homework doesn't help, but that's a problem I choose to deal with ).

Incriminating, to be sure, but unless it specifically says he then proceeded to put his money where his mouth was there's still an arguable case. For comparison: I'm sure there's no end to the pet names ranging from cute to disturbing that Tsukiko's called her Xykon doll, but she only actually wants the real thing. This sentiment obviously doesn't apply to any fic that statement might have just inspired.
    They have a child.

He kisses and feels up the statue.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-27 at 06:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

They have a child.

He kisses and feels up the statue.
    Now obviously that came after she was brought to life; statues don't have egg cells.

I suppose this is all rather moot though; he's going to get some much more...lively action before the end of When in Rome.
    That's what she said.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

The goddess Venus/Aphrodite - The first crack-pairer?

I'm excited to hear we may be getting another chapter of Hinjo/Tsukiko soon. Not to belittle the other works you've done Shiny, but that's simply my favorite so far.
    Assistant Executioneer of the Fanclub

Grunt Spearman of the Fanclub

17. - Top - End - #1007

Now obviously that came after she was brought to life; statues don't have egg cells.

I suppose this is all rather moot though; he's going to get some much more...lively action before the end of When in Rome.
    The first part, yes. The second part, now. The story describes several times, in loving detail, how he "handled" the statue.

And yes, Nathander.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
    The goddess Venus/Aphrodite - The first crack-pairer?

I'm excited to hear we may be getting another chapter of Hinjo/Tsukiko soon. Not to belittle the other works you've done Shiny, but that's simply my favorite so far.
    Most certainly.

I'm flattered, actually; I put a little more effort into Hinjo x Tsukiko since oneshots and humor come more easily to me, so it's nice to know that I'm doing better than I think.
    That's what she said.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Praise from Ceasar apparently.
    What does that mean?

20. - Top - End - #1010

What does that mean?
    "Praise from Caesar is praise indeed."

What I'm saying is that you're the one overanalyzing.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

What I'm saying is that you're the one overanalyzing.
    I never said that it was a bad thing.

22. - Top - End - #1012

ClericGuy

A screaming birth scene. Again and again and again.
    Dear God... I would NOT want to watch that...at all.

BWA-HA-HA-HA!!

*coughs* I really need to kick that habit...

Wait, you're a crazy person!?!? *gets out cleric supplies*
    I'll fix that for you right away!

Are you sure? If you want to write great stories, you MUST fail biology knowledge checks.

The thing I find most disturbing is that he made the statue nude and as lifelike as possible.
    Last edited by Aaron; 2010-01-28 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Orc in the Playground

Hey Coffee! It's ready to be e-mailed, but the thing says I can't e-mail you!
    That's what she said.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Hey Coffee! It's ready to be e-mailed, but the thing says I can't e-mail you!
    Can you PM it, please?

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, I sent it! I forget who else wanted to read Coffee x Elan so whoever wanted to see it, lemme know!
    That's what she said.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Could you send that to me? Much appreciated in advance.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Griffon

Alright, I sent it! I forget who else wanted to read Coffee x Elan so whoever wanted to see it, lemme know!
    I was one of those people. I'm also a big fan of your Hinjo x Tsukiko fic.

My next fic will be Tsukiko x Crypt Thing.

And here it is. The possibly very close to canonical Tsukiko x Crypt Thing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsukiko stepped down from the stairs as her heterochromatic eyes adjusted to the darkness. She loved exploring tombs. There where so many hot corpses to check out. As she stepped into the room, however, a skeleton in a robe with red, glowing eye-sockets arose. “You shall not defile this tomb.” it said, “Teleport.”

Tsukiko found herself back in the upper level. “A crypt thing.” she said, “At least he only teleported me to the previous level and not into the ocean or something.” She headed back down the stairs. The crypt thing arose again, but before it could teleport her again, she said “Stop! I’m not a grave-robber. I love the dead. In fact, I was hoping that I could spend the night with you.” The crypt thing seemed surprised at this declaration, but it lowered its hand and said, “I have been quite lonely. Very well.” Tsukiko walked up to the crypt thing and began to kiss it. Then she removed its robe and stared at the size and shape of its pelvis. “Huh, you’re a woman.” she commented, “Works for me.”

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Oh God. Our health teacher (Who was a real bastard) thought it would be funny to show that scene over and over in slow motion. After lunch.
    I was thinking about the sex-ed scene from Monte Python's Meaning of Life. Now that's sex ed!

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Banned

Not really saying anything on topic here, but after scanning and using ctrl+F to search through the Fanfic list on the first page, I'm kinda shocked at the lack of Miko/Sangwaan fanfics. Well..at least when you compare it to the huge amount of fanservice pics there are in the said art threads.

Not complaining, not trying to be subtle or annoying, just saying I'm kinda surprised.

30. - Top - End - #1020

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Not really saying anything on topic here, but after scanning and using ctrl+F to search through the Fanfic list on the first page, I'm kinda shocked at the lack of Miko/Sangwaan fanfics. Well..at least when you compare it to the huge amount of fanservice pics there are in the said art threads.

Not complaining, not trying to be subtle or annoying, just saying I'm kinda surprised.
    It's a combination of a few things, such as the will of the dice, the fact that some characters are easier to write and the fact that a lot of us (me included) are obsessed with Vaarsuvius. The only big Miko/Sangwaan fan here that I'm aware of is Raging Gene Ray. However, some of us do take requests and I'll write some Miko/Sangwaan for you if I come up with an idea.