New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    I'm feeling creative today, so I made a simple picture of Rin creating a laser:

Spoiler
    Show
    d'aww. It's all pretty.

I hate all who draw better then me. DAMN MY HORRIBLE DRAWING SKILLS!

Hisagi still needs a close friend from Tokodawai(Sp?), to aid in his backstoreeee.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Name: Hazuma Takeshi
    Aliases: The Continuum Shift, Black Cat
    Level: 2 (Though on Review, his level has been debated to raise to level 3)
    Group: Judgment

Description

Takeshi is a standard youth, though slightly thin and seems almost nervous or expectant at all times. Takeshi is a rather typical looking boy of average height, with long black hair pulled back into a pony tail, though his bangs fall into his face constantly. He tends to be outspoken and loud and is widely known as a prankster in both Judgement and his Highschool both. Takeshi doesn’t talk about his home life much, though his teachers and Captain in Judgment know that his mother died early on in his life.

Though Takeshi is a member of Judgement, he is quite well known to be a bit of a slacker, working only when it's absolutly required of him, though when on a mission he's equally well known for going to extreme lengths to complete each job throughly, persuing secondary jobs linked up with the original mission. Due to his power, Takeshi's involvement in any given mission has a high chance of causing considerable colateral damage, even if he didn't intend to.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Continuum Shift

Takeshi’s AIM field exists as a singularity, intersecting all possible realities instantly and constantly. This power can either manifest as a conscious power or act on its own subconsciously depending on the time the power is used. Most often Continuum Shift is on its subconscious level, affecting the world around him in strange, sometimes good sometimes bad ways. To the casual observer, Takeshi’s power seems to be one of luck and chance, though this is far from the truth. In reality, Takeshi’s power is based around causality, pulling events and objects from other worlds he intersects into his own world. At this time, the power in its subconscious state can only cause minor occurrences; shifting him to sometimes disastrous end results (like winding up in the girls change room). Causing events drains Takeshi of his energy depending on how big an event he is attempting to cause is. Minor things such as locks changing to unlocked states, or punches missing take a moderate level of thought and energy, while stopping cars from hitting him, or other such large scale disasters drain him swiftly.

As a Gemstone, Takeshi’s AIM Field is stronger than artificially created Espers. This also means he is easier to detect by his AIM field.

Physical Traits

Tough: Due to the world seemingly acting out against him most times, Takeshi has become a rather tough kid, capable of taking more than a few punches.

Karate: Takeshi is a practitioner of the Ishin Ryu school of Karate, receiving his brown belt before

Mental Traits

High Alert: Takeshi notices changes in his surroundings almost even before they happen. This is also a drawback, as Takeshi seems almost paranoid or dodgy.

Speed Formulation: Because of his subconscious power, Takeshi has become adept at thinking on his feet at all times, and in combination to his high alertness, never seems out of his element or taken by surprise even by sudden changes in his surroundings.

Notable Equipment: While Takeshi is not known to carry too much on his person at a time (either because they disappear by latent shifts in realities or because he forgoes traveling heavy is uncertain)

Cigarettes: Takeshi is never without a pack of cigarettes. He is even known to use his power to refill his pack when it becomes empty.

Cell Phone: Takeshi is always in possession of a phone, though the number changes randomly as does the phone, so it is more important as a mode to contact other people, not for return calls. Those who attempt to do this every now and again will reach other phone owners from around Japan.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-08-14 at 01:22 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hisagi still needs a close friend from Tokodawai(Sp?), to aid in his backstoreeee.
    Tokiwadai.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [RailgunITP] OOC I : Biribiri.

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    It's also a good bit impossible. Unless Yen are made from magnetic materials, that is. A railgun works by activating extremely powerful electromagnets, which fire a round that must also be magnetic. Coins, at least in America, are not magnetic. She also would have to have something that could act as an electromagnet on each arm, and aiming would be extremely hard. So would actually loading the weapon.
    All metals, in fact, all substances, become magnetic in sufficiently powerful elctromagnetic field. Also, Mikoto can create millions of volts in the air around her, she can replace electromagnets with a rapidly fluctuating electromagnetic field to achieve the same end result.

(Same electromagnetic field should also logically heat up everything made of iron around her by hundreds of degrees due to electromagnetic induction, as well as fry everything electronic in close vicinity akin to EMP pulse. Does this happen in the manga?)

Anyways, here's my character:

"Oooh! Beating of your heart is music to my ears ~ <3 !"

Name:
    Fujii Hinata
    Aliases: Well, "Pervert" seems to be used quite often...
    Level: 1
    Speech color: Dark red when speaking normally, Crimson when crossdressing.
    Groups: -
    Theme song!

Description:

Appearance: At 6 feet tall and weighing 157 lbs, Hinata is a tall, lean person. His facial features are rather fine and rounded for a male, giving him a very androgynous look - a trait he makes out the most. He tends to wear heavy make up, red lipstick and nail polish at bare minimum. His eyes are bronze, with a slight hint of green just around the pupils. His ears are pierced, and usually adorned by two heart-shaped earrings made of plain iron. He tends to keep his hair short - it's naturally light brown, though it's hard to notice as he changes its color as often as he does clothes, or wears a wig.

... speaking of clothes, there's likely not a dresscode in existence Hinata hasn't broken at some point. He often dresses in imitation some Visual Kei band or another, or as a girl. His wardrobe is mostly colored in white and varying hues of red, from pink to dark crimson. His most common attire consist of skin tight white jeans and a pink T-shirt with a black bunny skull on the front. Questioning his sexuality is met with either sappy flirtation or overt violence at random intervals.

Personality: Hinata's best described as someone who dances to his own tune, and sometimes bribes the band to play it for others as well. This doesn't mean he ignores social mores - he's well aware of them, and just cherrypicks which ones to obey depending on the situation. Only time he's guaranteed to behave himself is when he's focused on learning something new, which means school is one of the few places where he doesn't constantly cause, or get in, trouble.

He loves physical extertion, especially the sort that involves physical contact with other people. He's the sort of a person who throws cartwheels at the middle of a street just because, and tends to disregard concept of "personal space" because he likes making other people squirm. Previously thought to be caused by some more "normal" psychological deviancy, after discovery of his powers scientists have concluded Hinata's extrasensory abilities do indeed give him some form of pleasure when he touches other people.

Hinata loves aggressive music, and is often spotted listening to heavy metal with volume that'd make others' ears bleed. He also likes to sing aloud, though he isn't particularly good at it.

Background: From the age of 11, Hinata's been living in one of the many reformatories within sector 10. If asked why, he'll reply it's because he got "sick and tired" of his parents, and leave it at that. Between 13 and 15, he studied in Onizuka middle school and did moderately well, after which he went to Nagatenjouki Academy under sponsorship of a private medical company. Due to his place of residence and wild attitude, Hinata's is well acquianted and tends to hang out with many Skill Out gangs when he just has free time. To fund his numerous hobbies, he works part time in Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri, as a waiter (or maybe waitress would be a better word...). All in all, he's a busybusybusy person.

Abilities:

Esper Ability: Blood Control

Hinata's potential as an ESPer went unnoticed for a long time, as its most basic manifestations are passive and near-indistinquishable from normal workings of his body without extensive testing. His ability is properly identified as "extranormal analysis and control over molecular bonds of organic compounds". So far, it's limited to body of his own, or those he touches, and manifests as ability to control flow and contents of human and animal bloodstream in various ways. Potential medical applications of this ablity are the reason why a certain medical company has taken interest in Hinata, and is now sponsoring his studies in Nagatenjouki Academy. Hinata's curious about his abilities himself as well, and constantly strives to push them to new heights, though currently they are anything but impressive.

Effects of this power:

Level 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Stop or increase bleeding
    • Improve blood circulation, easing headaches and muscle pain.
    • ...also, cause someone to blush involuntarily. Nosebleeds are also a possibility.

Level 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Limited control over skin and eye color - that is, he can decide how pale or blushy he looks, or have creepy red eyes.
    • Prevent oxygen from binding with hemoglobin, making himself / someone else feel nauseous, possibly causing fainting.
    • Control blood sugar and adrenaline levels, effectively boosting someone's strenght or robbing someone of energy. Also useful for treating diabetes or allergic shocks!

Level 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Cause thrombosis, causing muscle failure and potentially death.
    • Speed up or slow down creation of anitbodies within a body (cure poison and disease, in other words)
    • Force blood cells to replicate, replenishing lost blood supplies.

Level 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Identify someone by blood
    • Track people by stench of their blood
    • Permanently alter composure of someone's blood., potentially curing or causing effects similar to AIDS or hemophilia, or changing a person's blood type.
    • Alter full hormonal components of human body, affecting emotions, muscle growth, recovery from injuries and so forth.

Level 5:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Use all aforementioned abilities from range, without physically touching a person.
    • Use pressurized blood as a viable weapon.

Physical traits:

- Martial artist: Hinata is trained in Goju Ryu Karate and both civilian and military Krav Maga. After his increasingly eccentric behaviour got him kicked out from most conventional MA clubs, he's practiced his skills with (or against!) various Skill Out gangs, and as a result has large amounts of streetfighting experience. His slim frame belies surprising strenght and speed.

- Splendid dancer: ... not that combat is the only thing he uses his well-toned physique for. Hinata believes fighting and dancing are "part of the same thing", and uses what little time his other activities leave him to attend various dance classes, ranging from traditional to... exotic. He's not above showing this off, and has a tendency to grab hapless passerbys and integrate them to a spontaneous dance performance.

- Attractive crossdresser: much to dismay (or pleasure...) of the rest of the world, Hinata can impersonate the fairer sex very convincingly.

- Perfect health: Hinata's never been sick for a day, and despite his.. active lifestyle, there isn't a single scar on his body. Previously brushed off as mere coincidence, current studies suggest this might be a passive effect of his ESP abilities.

Mental traits:

- Fast learner: the trait that's kept Hinata afloat in academic environment despite his delinquent behaviour. He's very good at picking up basic principles and memorizing trivia.

- Good actor: though he usually lacks the patience to keep any masquerade going for long, Hinata is fairly good at feigning emotions, or triggering them in others.

Notable equipment:

- black backpack, decorated with a number of luminous badges (silver skulls and red flowers). In addition to (or in place of) school books, it tends to contain a number of heavy metal CDs, spare clothes, rope, make up and, when he can get away with it, knives, chains and matches. Hinata refers to this container as his "man purse".

- a portable CD player. MP3 players? What are those?
    ... he's very much supposed to be a person who makes you feel dirty just by being present.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Innis, I just have one question about your character:

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Minor things such as locks changing to unlocked states, or punches missing take a moderate level of thought and energy, while stopping cars from missing him, or other such large scale disasters drain him swiftly.
    Why on earth would he stop a car from missing him?
    "Oh geez, that car isn't on a course to collide with me, better change that right quick!"
    *splat*

6. - Top - End - #126

Because I wrote this up at around 1 am and in the middle of a starcraft game >.>
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Because I wrote this up at around 1 am and in the middle of a starcraft game >.>
    One or Two? Haha
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

8. - Top - End - #128

One, not paying Blizzard more money then they deserve.
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC I : Biribiri.

He and Hisagi should be friends.

Friends who travel the world, disrespecting others, and wooing women!

Accidentally!

IN SPACE!
    They should be friends, we can't pass up the change to make Ho Yay jokes about riding the lightning*

*Those Who Ride The Lightning is a title given to a group of speedsters related to the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    He's a bit similar to Catarino in the whole "no personal bubble" thing.
    Speedtsers can't give people personal space, it's a rule!

Have you ever seen a speedtser hold a converstaion where they did not appear right next to someones face or leaning on them at least once?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    All metals, in fact, all substances, become magnetic in sufficiently powerful elctromagnetic field. Also, Mikoto can create millions of volts in the air around her, she can replace electromagnets with a rapidly fluctuating electromagnetic field to achieve the same end result.

(Same electromagnetic field should also logically heat up everything made of iron around her by hundreds of degrees due to electromagnetic induction, as well as fry everything electronic in close vicinity akin to EMP pulse. Does this happen in the manga?)

Anyways, here's my character:

... he's very much supposed to be a person who makes you feel dirty just by being present.
    She messes with electronics and I don't think she ever wear anything metallic so I bet those happen to a degree.

I now have an urge to have Katsu respond to that blush trick by switching clothes with Hinata and appear behind Him just to see his reaction.

My mind is weird sometimes, weeeird.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Yo everyone! Don't forget to put your character on the wiki if there's no objections or criticisms on it! Don't want to fall behind with something as important as that.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [RailgunITP] OOC I : Biribiri.

Yes.

'Kay, Callos.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I now have an urge to have Katsu respond to that blush trick by switching clothes with Hinata and appear behind Him just to see his reaction.
    Why, he'd be busybusybusy trying to switch their clothes back.

@Callos:
    I'll get right to it... once I manage to scavenge my Wikidot account password from somewhere again. Last time, I changed it something I was sure I'd remember, but now I've forgotten it. XD

EDIT: Also, Mikoto should be able to use her powers for electric arc welding. Does she ever do that in the manga? Because she'd make an awesome construction worker.

Maybe I should just read the darn thing...
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-08-14 at 04:09 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Yo everyone! Don't forget to put your character on the wiki if there's no objections or criticisms on it! Don't want to fall behind with something as important as that.
    Done!

Why, he'd be busybusybusy trying to switch their clothes back.

@Callos:
    I'll get right to it... once I manage to scavenge my Wikidot account password from somewhere again. Last time, I changed it something I was sure I'd remember, but now I've forgotten it. XD

EDIT: Also, Mikoto should be able to use her powers for electric arc welding. Does she ever do that in the manga? Because she'd make an awesome construction worker.

Maybe I should just read the darn thing...
    Which Katsu will have done before he even gets to it. Just to see his reaction to grabbing for a shirt/hat/skirt/jacket that Katsu was wearing only to find that he is now wearing it himself again.

I was sure my password was unforgettable until you said that, turtle you and your making me anxious!

I don't think She'd want to be a construction worker, and nobody would dare tell her to

You should
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-08-14 at 04:31 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Zersk, Keveak what school do your characters go to? That's part of what's meant by 'Groups'.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. Well, they're both level 3, so that'd mean that Cici alone would go to Tokiwadai, right? But I don't want to split them up, so Onizuka would work. But their levels are pretty high...

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh. Well, they're both level 3, so that'd mean that Cici alone would go to Tokiwadai, right? But I don't want to split them up, so Onizuka would work. But their levels are pretty high...
    Cici wouldn't HAVE to go to Tokiwadai just because she's a Level 3, Onizuka still teaches espers of various levels. I'll put them both down as Onizuka.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Zersk, Keveak what school do your characters go to? That's part of what's meant by 'Groups'.
    The Index wiki had no pages about any school but Tokiwadai and I only noticed our wiki having them three minutes ago.

Onizuka and Azabu both sounds okay to me, which do you think Katsu would go to?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #138

The Index wiki had no pages about any school but Tokiwadai and I only noticed our wiki having them three minutes ago.

Onizuka and Azabu both sounds okay to me, which do you think Katsu would go to?
    He wants to get in trouble with Hisagi, Azabu.

But then you have to craft a rich backstory, which isn't that hard.

Just means more drama.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici wouldn't HAVE to go to Tokiwadai just because she's a Level 3, Onizuka still teaches espers of various levels. I'll put them both down as Onizuka.
    Ah, okay. That's good then.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

He wants to get in trouble with Hisagi, Azabu.

Just means more drama.
    Most students frequent the same places after school as evident by the manga and our wiki but OK

A rich backstory? Like this?:

Rich dude:I'll give you a turtlalot of money if you can get my hat down from that three
    Katsu: OK!

Or I could just have him in dept to a rich uncle or something, whichever is most fun.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #141

Most students frequent the same places after school as evident by the manga and our wiki but OK

A rich backstory? Like this?:

Rich dude:I'll give you a turtlalot of money if you can get my hat down from that three
    Katsu: OK!

Or I could just have him in dept to a rich uncle or something, whichever is most fun.
    The first one is funnier.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, on the rumours page of the wiki, the Cybernetic Rampancy is something that sounds like Cici's doing.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Just means more drama.
    Azabu is more 'prestigious' then 'wealthy' though only upper-middle class could probably afford the tuition and other things.

Just a helpful suggestion.

24. - Top - End - #144

Azabu is more 'prestigious' then 'wealthy' though only upper-middle class could probably afford the tuition and other things.

Just a helpful suggestion.
    Gah.

Keep it up and I'll have to read the manga.

But if I do that, then I'll read the main manga!

And then I'll go on and read another!

NOOOOOOoooooooooo

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it could be worse. If you were still part of NarutoITP, you might start reading Franken Fran to understand that Medical-Nin I'm working on, which would possibly cause you to barf up your own stomach.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah.

Keep it up and I'll have to read the manga.

But if I do that, then I'll read the main manga!

And then I'll go on and read another!

NOOOOOOoooooooooo
    This is a case of not reading our wiki. Seriously, the one Shades linked to in the first post, the one you've used. Yesssss, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruitition.

27. - Top - End - #147

This is a case of not reading our wiki. Seriously, the one Shades linked to in the first post, the one you've used. Yesssss, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruitition.
    I DID READ THE WIKI!

Several times.

Curse you... Shades...

And curse YOU Callos...

Willpower weakening... MUST RESIST...

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe you mean, "Kch, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruition. Kch."
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-08-14 at 06:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe you mean, "Kch, my plan to destroy Terry is coming to fruition. Kch."
    It's not as sneaky if I use the dark red. So I can't use my Goro voice.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what I meant.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show