New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    ...Huh? Tamamo's NP doesn't boost damage though, so there's literally no reason to put it in front. Actually, you want Tamamo's NP to go last, as part of its effect is charging NP gauge, which is rendered useless if you put it before the other two NPs.
    Unless the charge from Tamamo brings the other NPs to a new overcharge tier.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    ...Huh? Tamamo's NP doesn't boost damage though, so there's literally no reason to put it in front. Actually, you want Tamamo's NP to go last, as part of its effect is charging NP gauge, which is rendered useless if you put it before the other two NPs.

Osakabehime not tamamo.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I got tired of messing around farming evil servants bond points, so I decided to finish the last section with Jalter/merlin instead of my evil servant lineup. Easiest fight of the year. I forgot how strong buster crits is compared to quick teams or arts teams.
    Overall, I liked shinjuku for the improved farming rates, and the lovely Jalter/salter interaction. Everybody else was lame.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently we're getting half-AP ember farming for a bit, so I'll never finish Shinjuku at this rate.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yes! I'll be able to farm silver embers for green cubes so much easier now.
    Might even use some apples to do it faster. Seeing as I have a hundred and all.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-03-06 at 09:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Yes! I'll be able to farm silver embers for green cubes so much easier now.
    Might even use some apples to do it faster. Seeing as I have a hundred and all.

i can never bring myself to do that, not even to stock-up for future servants.

How i was able to pull off getting 3 chaldea lunchtimes is a mystery to me. It might have been the nero event or something.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

*sees final battle of Shinujku*

*sees lack of Command Seals*

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    *sees final battle of Shinujku*

*sees lack of Command Seals*

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.
    I know that feel.

Although you may be talking about the second to last battle here. ;)

For what it's worth, the real final battle is easier.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

I know that feel.

Although you may be talking about the second to last battle here. ;)

For what it's worth, the real final battle is easier.
    No, definitely talking about the battle with two bosses with break bars, one of whom can outright erase a servant every three turns.

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

So, the Chaldea Boys event is up! And good news, you get not one, but two choices of CE - one a re-run from last year's batch, and one from this year's new batch. ProTip: If you plan on pulling on the banner, don't select your CE until after that, since you can pull some of these CEs and it may impact your decision.

So, which will you choose? Here are my thoughts:
    Spoiler: CEs, Pro and Con
    Show
    • Chaldea Boys 2018 Re-Run:
      • Kiss Your Hand: It's an all-around performance card, pretty decent for everyone. But that's the problem - it's pretty decent for everyone, and usually what you want in a CE is something specifically focused for this Servant. Fine for all-purpose, but you probably want something better.
      • Teacher and I: I got two of this last year from pulls, somehow. On the one hand, this is fantastic for crit-oriented Buster servants who don't necessarily generate NP well, since you start off with gauge. But the thing to remember about starting-gauge CEs is that you are foregoing some other, permanent benefit - CEs can only give you so much - for the more immediate benefit of an NP starting charge. Once you use that NP, that benefit is gone, and you're left with half a CE. Still, this is one of the best.
      • Versus: On the one hand, this is extremely narrow in focus and extremely temporary - the benefits only last three turns. On the other hand, this is probably one of the most powerful anti-Divine CEs out there, so if you really need to take down a Divine boss, fast, this is a pretty niche CE that lets you do that.
      • Four Beasts in Moonlight: Another all-rounder. This one increases NP gen, which is useful; boosts crit star gen, also useful; and gives low-level healing each turn. It's an extremely unusual combination, and it's the one I picked last year. Admittedly, I never use it, because at the end of the day, each of these bonuses is relatively small, and if I want them there are better CEs that offer them individually.
      • Glass Full Sweet Time: The primary function of this CE is its Ignore Evasion (Sure Hit) ability. There are and will be others with that ability. The rest of this CE - the damage boost and damage cut - is pretty minor, really. So it's only really worth it if you particularly want Sure Hit.
      • Noisy Obsession: A boost to crit damage and NP damage is nice, but the Charm boost is pretty niche. And if you got Holy Night Supper, you've basically got a better CE anyway - slightly lower boost to crit and NP damage, but starting NP charge. Let's be honest, is NP charge or Charm worth more to you?
      • Salon de Marie: You'll probably never use this.
      • Prince of Slayer: You'll almost certainly never use this.
    • Chaldea Boys 2019:
      • Conversation on the Hot Sands: Boosts star absorption and crit damage. Berserkers and Avengers, who don't absorb stars well but benefit from crits, can really use this.
      • Detective Edmond: Remember the Kara no Kyoukai event and its Decapitating Bunny CE? This is that, but for Arts instead of Quick. We'll also get a Buster one in a future Halloween event. But yeah, this is really simple and really useful - an Arts boost, coupled with hit every enemy ever. Don't forget that Pierce Invincible includes Sure Hit, and therefore hits both Invincible and Evade targets.
      • As You Wish: +25% NP gain is nice. First-turn invincibility is mostly useless. But the CE name makes me nostalgic.
      • Cafe Camelot: This is for stalling - DEF, debuff resist and HP recovery. Unless you plan on stalling a bunch, this is mostly useless.
      • Outrage: +15% NP gain is nice. First-turn taunt is... Peculiar. Not inherently bad, but tactical. For example, you can put it on a back-row Servant to function as a sacrificial lamb, then use the third skill on your plugsuit to swap that Servant in to soak an otherwise deadly hit. But Outrage isn't the only card to do that - Halloween Arrangement did that back in the day, with a +60% DEF boost, and Grand New Year does it coupled with invincibility. So, overall, it's fine if you want a one-turn Taunt for this specific purpose, but otherwise... Not great.
      • Operation Fionna: Starting with 10 crit stars and enjoying a +8% Buster boost is fine. But that's a starting buff, which isn't necessarily when you need that crit boost. Also, an upcoming Christmas event shop CE will give us 15 crit stars and +8% Buster and Quick, which is just strictly superior.
      • Quatre Feuilles: A low-grade all-rounder. Same thing I said about Kiss Your Hand, but pretty much strictly worse.
      • Neverland: Stargen, crit damage and NP damage. A nice little package. But much like Quatre Feuilles was a weaker Kiss Your Hand, this is a weaker Four Beasts in the Moonlight.
      • La Siesta: Gain 50 HP, 1% NP, and 1 crit star every turn. Adorable and mostly useless.

For the 2018 Re-Run, I'll probably end up choosing another Teacher or Four Beasts. For 2019, though, I'm thinking either Hot Sands or Edmond, frankly. Hot Sands would be really good for a crit-happy Zerker like Lancelot, but Edmond is just a really great way of ignoring the whole invincibility problem.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

No, definitely talking about the battle with two bosses with break bars, one of whom can outright erase a servant every three turns.
    Well let me just ask to make sure.

Does winning the battle give you a Grail or a quartz? Because if it's a quartz, there's another final battle afterwards.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Well let me just ask to make sure.

Does winning the battle give you a Grail or a quartz? Because if it's a quartz, there's another final battle afterwards.
    Ah, I don't recall, but you're probably right that I'm not quite there. Still, this certainly feels like a final battle. Hurts like one anyway.

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

i'm definitely grabbing Dantes, this will greatly improve my Archuria team's capabilities
    since i already have a beasts under the moon i'm gonna have to grab noisy obsession for Astolfo reasons...

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

I've been going back over my choices, and discovered some caveats.
    • Four Beasts: I mentioned that this was an unusual combination. True in part, but not entirely. Four Beasts grants +12% (+15%) NP gen and stargen, and 200 (300) HP per turn. But Kitchen*Pattisiere grants +15% (+20%) NP gen and stargen. While K*P has no healing component, the NP and stargen are strictly better, and I have one of those. I'd probably never use Four Beasts over K*P.
    • Teacher and I: Grants 50% (60%) starting NP gauge, and +300% (+400%) star absorption. But how good is that star absorption? Well, Sealing Designation Officer, which only grants star absorption, grants +600% (+800%). Room Guard grants the same as Teacher and I, but with Damage Cut 300 (400) instead of NP gauge. Leisurely Strolling and Beyond a Wish grant +400% (+600%), plus +10% (+15%) Arts and Buster performance respectively. And then there's Hot Sands, below. So Teacher and I is positioned pretty well, all things considered. My intuition is to go that route.
    • Hot Sands: Grants +400% (+600%) star absorption, and +20% (+25%) crit damage. Compare it with some of the CEs above in terms of absorption, but in terms of +crit damage, you have Victor of the Moon and Another Ending, swapping absorption for +10% (+15%) Buster and Arts performance, respectively; Holy Night Sign and Covering Fire, with a lower +crit damage boost but +Quick performance and flat +damage, respectively; and Holy Night Supper, with +10% (+15%) crit damage, +10% (+15%) NP damage, and 30% (50%) starting NP gauge. Also worth noting, during the 3rd Anniversary, we'll get A Tale of Love and Hope, which gives +100% (+200%) star absorption, +10% (+15%) crit damage, and 50% (60%) starting NP gauge. Tale is particularly noteworthy in this regard; although the bonuses to absorption and crit damage aren't as high, the starting NP gauge is significant.
    • Detective Edmond: The Pierce Invulnerability effect on this CE is rare enough to make it noteworthy on its own. The effect attached to it, +8% (+10%) Arts performance, is basically secondary to that.

Under the circumstances, I think my choice is made. Waver and Alexander get one, and much as I love Best Clay, Dantes gets the other.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    [*]Detective Edmond: The Pierce Invulnerability effect on this CE is rare enough to make it noteworthy on its own. The effect attached to it, +8% (+10%) Arts performance, is basically secondary to that.[/list]
    On an offensive arts character that doesn't have pierce invuln or sure shot, this can be an absolute lifesaver, I'd bet.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Picked my two ce!

"conversation on hot sands"
    "teacher and i"

unfortunately i didn't realized before i did so, they were also in the gacha (which really didn't matter because i didn't plan on pulling...

but i got bored, so i did)

blew my entire stash (which was like 60 sq and 6 tickets)

got a mix of the featured ce's

and two sr's

Emiya (assassin)

astolfo

forget all that though

i got 4 bests under the moon!

Having a bunch of ce's that i can't limit break makes my skin crawl. (i have 3 "Witch Under the Moonlight" that haunt me till this day)

Long story short. Didn't redeem 2 of the monthly summon tickets, and got the 5th ce on the first pull!

Also besides my sense of completion being satisfied, the ce really synergizes well with MHXA. It was FATE!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Dont you need 5 CEs to MLB them? EDIT: Just noticed and comprehended the "got the 5th on a ticket" bit. I hate how bad I am at reading comprehension.

Meanwhile I had a Teacher and I from last year, so this year I picked up Noisy Obsession and Conversation on the Hot Sands. Noisy Obsession seems perfect for Euryale or Medb, while Hot Sands seemed good for CuAlter and ZerkLot. Going to do my best to stay off the Gacha until end of April when Nero Bride comes around and I can do a few rolls on her then spend the rest for Kiara. But I dont expect it to go as planned, very low self control. One strong urge and I just spened my reserves. Like how I almost never have more then 6 Tickets at any time. But I'm going to make an attempt this time. Will probably post when I mess up next.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-03-08 at 01:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Half-price Ember farming has begun.

*slams AoE NP buttons rabidly*

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Dont you need 5 CEs to MLB them? EDIT: Just noticed and comprehended the "got the 5th on a ticket" bit. I hate how bad I am at reading comprehension.
    Yeah i should've put "...", instead of "!"

but.. i was happy i got them, nevertheless. Couldn't help but put the exclamation point.

Also i tend to write like i'm doing dialogue. I suppose it could be a bit confusing to follow.

Meanwhile I had a Teacher and I from last year, so this year I picked up Noisy Obsession and Conversation on the Hot Sands. Noisy Obsession seems perfect for Euryale or Medb, while Hot Sands seemed good for CuAlter and ZerkLot.
    oh so they let you get another, even if you did it the previous year?

Going to do my best to stay off the Gacha until end of April when Nero Bride comes around and I can do a few rolls on her then spend the rest for Kiara. But I dont expect it to go as planned, very low self control. One strong urge and I just spened my reserves. Like how I almost never have more then 6 Tickets at any time. But I'm going to make an attempt this time. Will probably post when I mess up next.
    Same. It doesn't help that every time i broke down and dipped into my saved sq's for MHXA i got an ssr.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    oh so they let you get another, even if you did it the previous year?

Same. It doesn't help that every time i broke down and dipped into my saved sq's for MHXA i got an ssr.
    Yeah, i did this last year and i still was able to do the exchange ticket, based on the description i woulda thought for sure it wouldn't let vetarens get another go but it did.

as for my breaking down and going for MHXA... i got a fran spook... I don't need an NP2 fran though, I have an NP5 cat and not enough kaleidoscopes to run a full farm team without supports.
    everything else i pulled was trash, i am stuck in total garbage luck territory since babylonia, and that was only for gorgon and minidusa. been getting a few 4 stars i wanted but other than the GSSR enkidu with too much competition in scathach and summer tamamo, i haven't had any big luck since summer.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Yeah, i did this last year and i still was able to do the exchange ticket, based on the description i woulda thought for sure it wouldn't let vetarens get another go but it did.

as for my breaking down and going for MHXA... i got a fran spook... I don't need an NP2 fran though, I have an NP5 cat and not enough kaleidoscopes to run a full farm team without supports.
    everything else i pulled was trash, i am stuck in total garbage luck territory since babylonia, and that was only for gorgon and minidusa. been getting a few 4 stars i wanted but other than the GSSR enkidu with too much competition in scathach and summer tamamo, i haven't had any big luck since summer.
    Yeah, all I can say is just save up.

Don't roll just because this new Servant is shiny and OP. There will be other OP Servants.

Don't roll just because this new Servant has a clip where they do something heartbreaking. (Dammit, no fair showing that face, Arthur.)

Saving up 60 SQ won't get the Servant you want. Saving up 180 won't get the Servant you want. Just save all of it, and roll for the one thing that matters.

You know what that is.

Side note, has anyone been paying attention to JP? Because Kingprotea is the daughteru I never knew I need right now.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Side note, has anyone been paying attention to JP? Because Kingprotea is the daughteru I never knew I need right now.
    She's pretty popular on TvTropes right now. Lots of memeing going on.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

I also went with Hot Sands, it's rather good for a free CE. I already had Teacher and I from last year and the Gil/Cu/Emiya CE which I like, so I ended up picking something random from the rerun.

Ah, by the way, we have news from two beloved characters.

The event is starting the 12th up to the 27th.
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-03-08 at 03:19 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

they need a chibi nobu costume for nobu.

Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

So glad this event is coming back, I was one Golden Skull short of maxing out Nobbu last time it was around, and she got left behind by my other archers.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

So glad this event is coming back, I was one Golden Skull short of maxing out Nobbu last time it was around, and she got left behind by my other archers.
    To be fair, it's not hard for NOBU! to be left behind by other Archers. She's stable and consistent, but despite being basically one of the best things about this game and I will fight you on that, she isn't particularly niche, lacks survivability tools, and is pretty dependent on team composition to really shine. Contrast her with, say, Chloe, who is an ST beast; EMIYA, who manages to make a lack of niche into a strength with his versatility; and Atalante, who while individually isn't the strongest, is nonetheless a valuable addition to any Quick/crit-oriented team. And that's just the 4-star Archers. We needn't even start comparing NOBU! to the 5-stars like Archuria and Gil.

I mean, I love her, but let's be honest, I only put her on an Archer team when I have nobody else to fill in the slot.

Lookin' forward to Berserker NOBU!, though.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

My biggest problem with Nobu is how lackluster her resource generation is. For someone who does so many hits, I'd expect that NP bar to get up much faster.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, it's not hard for NOBU! to be left behind by other Archers. She's stable and consistent, but despite being basically one of the best things about this game and I will fight you on that, she isn't particularly niche, lacks survivability tools, and is pretty dependent on team composition to really shine. Contrast her with, say, Chloe, who is an ST beast; EMIYA, who manages to make a lack of niche into a strength with his versatility; and Atalante, who while individually isn't the strongest, is nonetheless a valuable addition to any Quick/crit-oriented team. And that's just the 4-star Archers. We needn't even start comparing NOBU! to the 5-stars like Archuria and Gil.

I mean, I love her, but let's be honest, I only put her on an Archer team when I have nobody else to fill in the slot.

Lookin' forward to Berserker NOBU!, though.
    Oh I know other archers are technically better. I think I only got EMIYA quite a while after I got Nobbu though, so for a long time she was the best AoE archer I had. Of course now I have the likes of Ishtar, Atalanta and of course, EMIYA to fill that niche.

It's still a crime not to have her properly maxed out of course, and she is the best. If I didn't have Alters to Grail up, I might actually use one on her for being the best.

The real event highlight coming up though, is of course Mecha Eli-chan and her Macross Missile Massacre NP, bringing us one step closer to an fielding an all Elizabeth team. If you count Carmilla as an Elizabeth, we'll be there come Halloween, in fact.

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Side note: I feel the cute teenager with a charisma bonus towards other female characters should be Carmilla, and the (marginally) more historical version should be Elizabeth Bathory.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Side note: I feel the cute teenager with a charisma bonus towards other female characters should be Carmilla, and the (marginally) more historical version should be Elizabeth Bathory.
    Probably, but that's an artifact of the setting. Elizabeth Bathory was introduced in the Fate/Extra series through both the games Fate/Extra CCC and Fate/Extella. She was the teenage pop idol version there. When FGO introduced an adult, vampiric version of her for the Orleans storyline, they needed a new name for her, thus Carmilla.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.