New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Julie's Place

Edijar grits his teeth and puts the cuffs on Julie much more roughly than necessary. "We'll add Threatening an Officer to that list." He tells her. After the cuffs go on, he reaches to his waist and presses a series of buttons on a keypad, activating the teleblocker he's carrying. He'll take a quick look around for a blanket to wrap around her. "An APC is on the way. Once you are brought in, we will hold you until you can meet with your victim, in which case you may work out a deal in order for them to drop the charges against you. If that does not succeed, we'll offer you a deal of our own. If you do not accept that, then you will be taken to trial. Now, who is in your head and how? Answer truthfully or I might be forced to sedate you."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Julie's Place

There aren't any blankets, since the apartment is bare. If he goes into the bathroom there is a decent sized towel she forgot on the curtain rod.

"Fine with me sug, although I'd love to know what you plan to do about Maggie locking us in his office and shooting Eric after we asked him to let us leave. The voice is a darling rendition of yours, courtesy of an earring one of Maggie's girls gave me. It's supposed to tell me what the right thing to do is in a given situation. It told me to make slurs about your girlfriend and knee you in the manhood. I went with option A, for obvious reasons." She's cuffed, so there's no reason to keep badgering the poor guy. Actually there are two very compelling reasons not to, in the form of his most likely clenched fists.

In fact, it seems some of Eric's lessons about honesty have rubbed off on her, since she lets out a sigh and elaborates, "I was trying to play nice with Maggie, if you'll believe that. I offered to let him go, tried to treat him okay, fell on him at one point which I probably should have apologized for... then things started happening, he tried to kill Eric and it just sort of spiraled down from there. I didn't go into that office trying to kill Maggy once, let alone twice. After Eric was hit I blacked out, and when I came to I was sitting on my front porch. That's about as much of a statement as I can give you for now. You have me on the kidnapping, but I really didn't mean for it all to come to this."

She'll fill the time until the APC gets there talking if he allows her to, until one thing comes to mind.

"Oh, I should probably give Patty a ring and see if she can't find me a lawyer." Julie arches her back and a pair of business cards fall from where they were nestled in her chest. She nudges the non-red card with a toe.

"Could you tear that thing up for me sug? It's supposed to notify Patty I want to talk with her somehow. She's a priestess of Angela, so I doubt it'd be a trick."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie's Place

Without another word, Edijar will wrap the towel around her and try to remove the earrings. If successful, he'll pocket them for her later. He doesn't respond to her at all, instead choosing to remain silent. When she gets the cards, he simply shakes his head and pockets those too. "When we get to Remnant. No sooner. And what you meant to happen, doesn't matter." He says with a growl, fully believing that she's just trying to get him to warm up to her.

Several minutes later, an APC appears out front and if she doesn't struggle, he'll begin guiding her to it.

4. - Top - End - #64

Julie's Place -> Remnant

Julie is just wearing the one earring, and doesn't complain when it's taken off. She gives a shrug when he pockets the card, not expecting him to do differently.

"I never said it did, I'm just telling you things from my side of the coin. Isn't that how it still works? Each side tells what they think happened and you folks decide fairly? Does that change when Maggie is one of the people involved? I haven't heard much of a peep out of you about his victims." There's a touch of resentment in her voice about that, but she says no more on the subject.

She allows herself to be wrapped in the towel, although it barely conceals her, and led out to the APC. However, Ericka's body will be floated out after her, and she'll try to place it in the APC unless Edijar has something to say about that. She isn't willing to leave it behind where Magtok or anyone else can get to it.

Assuming all that happens, she'll be the perfect prisoner on the way to Remnant, mostly just keeping her eye on Ericka the entire time.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara grins right back, nodding excitedly.
    "You know, that's absolutely right. You know, that's another reason I love you - your wit and that smart brain of yours," she declares, giggling.
    [Talnissa's]

"Thanks, love. It definitely doesn't hurt in your case, either,"
    the robot says, smiling, and going to pop a piece of the octomantis into her girlfriend's mouth.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie's Place

"Magtok has his own crimes to answer for. Just as you do."

As soon as Edijar sees her trying to lift the body with her telekinesis, he draws out a syringe and tries to inject her shoulder. If successful, she'll find herself out cold. He couldn't have her trying anything while she was in transit. Another team of Remnants will arrive before they leave in order to pick up the body.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Talnissa's]

"Thanks, love. It definitely doesn't hurt in your case, either,"
    the robot says, smiling, and going to pop a piece of the octomantis into her girlfriend's mouth.
    [Talnissa's]

Kara happily accepts the morsel with a blush and giggle!
    ...then goes to try and do the same with Talnissa, grinning happily.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #68

Julie's Place

Julie is taken off guard by the syringe, and only has time to glare at Edijar open-mouthed before the drugs take effect. Hatred is written clearly across her face as her mask slips for a moment. The bastard betrayed her. She came quietly, did what he asked, and now she's being taken to Magtok.

She hopes they both rot in-

Everything goes black.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riv's Fortress

"This is known. Response is on it's way." Icarus says, presuming that Rael's silence means that Warsh won't be attacking. "Why are you here?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara happily accepts the morsel with a blush and giggle!
    ...then goes to try and do the same with Talnissa, grinning happily.

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa grins back at Kara, and takes the bit of their breakfast quite willingly, before going to repeat the process.

And, assuming Kara does the same, this likely sets up a loop until the plate is cleared.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Indeed it does.
    And, all too soon, the plate is cleaned.
    And Kara burps. Then giggles.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The robot giggles a bit as well.

"So, are you ready to get to work?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Well, if we must..."
    Kara grins.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"It was an inquiry into your readiness..."
    , Talnissa points out, grinning back.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Well, if I go by that, I'll never be ready," Kara admits, with an answering grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Fair enough... In that case, I suppose that yes, we must," the robot responds, going to disentangle herself from Kara.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Riv's Fortress

"This is known. Response is on it's way." Icarus says, presuming that Rael's silence means that Warsh won't be attacking. "Why are you here?"
    [Riv's Fortress]

Hmm... So the enemy does possess some method of communicating with one another over a distance, relaying basic ideas only, no doubt. Well then, time to try something different (but not something completely alien).

"So you're going to take care of them, right?"

Them. Warsh has specifically chosen this word in light of the effects it might have on Icarus. Warsh doesn't emphasize the word in the least. That would seem suspicious. No. He is relying on Icarus's own mental capacity to create the effect which he can then warp to his advantage.

"I'm not going back down there until this all blows over. I didn't sign a contract to be minced while defending Riv's status."

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "There is only one game that I know well enough for a duel. I challenge you to...Charades!"
    He put his hands on his hips.
    "The one who can't get the other to understand their charade after three times loses."
    [Clarissa's Sanctuary]

... Clarissa blinks several times in quick succession to exhibit her confusion at this altogether unanticipated development. Charades? What are Charades? She thought that Dave was going to select the dueling weapon, not the dueling field!

"Um, that sounds...simple enough."

Clarissa stutters. She's unsure of herself now. She's not sure that she can beat Dave at a game she has never played.

"You can go first."

Because Clarissa needs to study how this game is played before she can play it herself! Little does Clarissa know that Dave is cheating her. He could win by just choosing to say that he doesn't understand anything Clarissa is doing.

-------
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Trium smiles, and conjures up a blanket.

Which she, after going to snuggle up to Spec, tries to lay over them both.

D'aww! What a kind gesture! A precious memory this would make for the precocious Spec were she not snoozing and totally inebriated!

I think its time for a t-t-t-timeskip to daybreak? At that point, Spec will awaken not knowing where she is. She scrutinizes her environment with bleary eyes before attempting to scoot closer to the only familiar thing in the area, Trium!

18. - Top - End - #78

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    Dave stretches quickly before beginning!
    He then unsheathes his katana and goes into super sneaky mode...
    His first choice is...a Ninja!
    How creative!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sanctuary]

"Oooo!"
    Clarissa knows this one!
    "Oooo! Pick me! Pick me!"
    Clarissa excitedly yells as she waves her hands back and forth in the air for three seconds! She then blurts out,
    "You're a... You're a..."
    Come on, Clarissa! It's not that hard!
    "What is a ninja?"
    That Jeopardy phrasing, Clarissa! Wrong game, silly!
    "My turn, my turn!"
    Clarissa yips as something begins to take shape in her hot tub. Her fingertips shine with violet splendor before...
    A sizable shark materializes in the water! Clarissa takes its snout between her hands, pries open its mouth as the fish splashes around desperately attempting to escape Clarissa, and begins pointing at the shark's jaw!
    That should do the trick! Or so Clarissa thinks...

20. - Top - End - #80

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "You're...a shark's jaw?"
    He really didn't know, but then again he wasn't the greatest charades player ever.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Clarissa shakes her head from left to right vigorously.

"Mmm-mmm!"

She squeaks! She's not a shark's jaw! She's...
    Clarissa snaps the shark's jaw shut and rips it open again, pointing it in Dave's direction all the while!

"Awmnomnomnom!"

... I heard a crackle! That shark's jaw doesn't look right anymore! I think Clarissa broke another one of her toys!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Riv's Fortress]

Hmm... So the enemy does possess some method of communicating with one another over a distance, relaying basic ideas only, no doubt. Well then, time to try something different (but not something completely alien).

"So you're going to take care of them, right?"

Them. Warsh has specifically chosen this word in light of the effects it might have on Icarus. Warsh doesn't emphasize the word in the least. That would seem suspicious. No. He is relying on Icarus's own mental capacity to create the effect which he can then warp to his advantage.

"I'm not going back down there until this all blows over. I didn't sign a contract to be minced while defending Riv's status."

D'aww! What a kind gesture! A precious memory this would make for the precocious Spec were she not snoozing and totally inebriated!

I think its time for a t-t-t-timeskip to daybreak? At that point, Spec will awaken not knowing where she is. She scrutinizes her environment with bleary eyes before attempting to scoot closer to the only familiar thing in the area, Trium!

Trium, after a few moments, awakens as well, likely helped by the fact that Spec moved.

"Hey. How'd you sleep?"
    , the immortal asks, sounding curious, and happy.

[Riv's Fortress]

Rael stays quiet for the moment, looking interested.

Though, just in case this turns nasty, he shifts into a somewhat more balanced posture.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-20 at 07:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riv's Fortress

No reaction. Not that it would be easy to tell, what with the mask and visor covering Icarus's face, but he doesn't so much as blink. The gun is not lowered. "That is true, you have not, nor have you been asked. I have been ordered to inform you that we are not here to offer sanctuary, so I sadly must ask that you do not remain here."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

24. - Top - End - #84

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "You're a...shark attack?"
    With a shark being his only clue he was having a tough time!
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Fair enough... In that case, I suppose that yes, we must," the robot responds, going to disentangle herself from Kara.
    Kara nods, reluctantly letting her go, and goes to stand and stretch.
    "So...what was it we were supposed to be doing?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa smiles, going to put the plates in the dishwasher while Kara stretches.

"Converting that shield-gun into something like a glove, rather than a spare arm for me."

27. - Top - End - #87

[Julie's Place]

Around noon, the day after the debacle at the casino, Justin returns to Julie's building. Rather than his casino duds, he's dressed back in his full vault suit, same as the day they met, though this time his front zipper isn't all the way up, revealing a clean undershirt, something he hasn't had in a long while.

He approaches Julie's building from the direction of the nearest Trog's, scanning his eyes up and down the street out of habit. He'll hop up the stoop and knock on the front door, even try lightly at the knob to see if it's locked.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #88

Julie's Place

The landlord of her apartment building, roused from his slumber in his office near the front door. He walks out to see Justin, scowl on his face.

"I already told you people, Julie up and vanished last night. Took everything she could and left the place a mess. What more do you want from me?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa smiles, going to put the plates in the dishwasher while Kara stretches.

"Converting that shield-gun into something like a glove, rather than a spare arm for me."
    "Oh, right." Kara blushes in embarassment. "Well, then, I guess we'd best get to work!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #90

Julie's Place

"She did?" Justin asks a little shocked by the grumpy man who was yelling at him for no reason. "Well if she left a forwarding adress that'd be nice to know," he answers the old man's question before honing in on something else he said. "What do you mean, 'you people'?" he asks.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters