New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Traits WW: The misty isle

Traits WW:
    The misty isle

The boat landed onto the 'Isle of Mist'. It was a common legend spread about the main isle, but it looked as if it actually existed, a safe haven from the Daicchi. The Daicchi were similar to Aldaran in most ways. Except for their love of cruelty, which split them away from the peaceful Aldaran.

'Well, so the myth is real,' laughed the captain of the boat. 'What did I tell you Re'illo?'

A teenager cleaning a knife looked up. 'Well... I guess. But do you really think this is a safe haven from Daicchi?' He asked, 'I mean... You wouldn't even be able to pick out a Daicchi's defining features here...'

An older man came out from under a tent-like construction in the centre of the boat. 'Quit worrying lad,' he said in a reassuring manner, 'I'm sure everything is going to be just fine.'

Re'illo's face made it obvious that he didn't think so, but they proceeded to explore the island to see who else was on there. It didn't take them long until they found an enormous building. In which they saw other people, some watching from the darkness, some walking around. They all, however, acted like they had nothing to fear.

Out of the blue, someone knocked into Re'illo. 'You! You're Daicchi, I know it!' Re'illo said in an angered tone. The person looked revolted and opened his mouth to say something - it wasn't going to be polite either - but then an elderly man stepped in. 'Stop this! Stop this at once! There will be no fighting on my island!' He said in a voice which clearly showed his age. 'You two, go now, and reflect on the acts which could have resulted from your harsh feelings.'

Re'illo could have sworn he saw the man he suspected was a Daicchi mouth 'You'll go after him'. But knowing his place in this situation, he decided to keep his mouth shut.

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lynches: You vote for someone by putting their name in red, if you vote for someone and you've voted previously that day, cross out your old vote if you want your new one to count.

QTs: Each player has their own QT with which to send in night action, you are not allowed to link to, copy and paste, or in any other way prove your role. Telling people your scry results, role-claiming etc. are perfectly fine, you're just not allowed to in some way undeniably prove it. It would kill the game. :/

The general idea is that QTs will be shared at game end, so, if you don't want your QT shared, just post in it saying so before the end.

Allignment: This game has four teams in it, those being:
    Team Aldaran(Town), wins when all the wolves and the mysterious are dead.
    Team Daicchi(Wolves), wins when they have or are drawing for the majority of the players and the mysterious is dead.
    Team Indifferent(Neutral), Gains minor win if 1 or more nuetrals survived until one of the other teams wins, gains minor win from achieving personal win. Two minor wins make a win.
    The mysterious, an extremely powerful being with nigh-on game breaking powers, wins when there are 4 or less players left and it's still alive. If it wins, everyone else but the neutrals lose.

Traits: Each player has three traits, which are defined as following:
    1. The alignment, Town/wolf etc.
    2. The main role, all trait scriers etc. have the same trait here, even if they're good/evil/neutral.
    3. The side role, their are only three different things people can have here.
    Traits aren't named what they are, say wolf alignment is Boredom, and being a killer role was ADHD, and having a side role of Garbage collector was Trolling, then you'd scry a wolf killer with a garbage collector as 'ADHD, Boredom, Trolling'. You just have to figure out what traits are what. The traits will be given to you alphabetically, so that you can't figure out anything out of that. The traits will be selected randomly at game begin, as of now, there aren't any traits assigned to anything.

Other: If you make a QT for anything, then share it with me, So I can see all the action behind the scenes.
    Day phases will be 72 hours, night's will be 48.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Aldaran:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Perceptive: Trait scry.
    The Guardian: Careless baner.
    The Vengeful: Good beast.
    The Defiant: Good killer.
    The Dreamer: Good voider.
    The Persuasive: Twice the voting power during the day.
    Member of 'Poverty': Mason.
    Aldaran citizen: Vanilla villager

Team Daicchi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Investigator: Trait scry.
    The Sadist: Evil killer.
    The Maniac: Evil beast.
    The Druid: Evil voider.
    The Politician: Twice the voting power during the day.

Team Indifferent:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The knowledgeable: Trait scry.
    The Guard: Careless baner.
    The Playful: Neutral voider.

The Mysterious:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can do two of the following during the night: Disguise someone's traits for that night as the traits of a team, role and minor role of his choice, kill someone, Void someone or bane someone, in addition, it has 2 extra vote power during the day.
    (The mysterious's role trait is that of a killer)

In addition, each person will be assigned one of these three minor roles:
    Garbage collector: Can scry two traits of a dead person each night.
    Lookout: Can scry one trait of an alive or dead person each night.
    Matcher: Can scry two alive players, it is revealed to them how many matching traits they have, but not the traits.

Player list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]##|Name|Role|Death?
    01|Penguinator| |
    02|Ramsus| |
    03|Usourselves&we| |
    04|Vesth|Seer(Good)|Day2
    05|Chaos redefined| |
    06|Tom the mime| |
    07|cd4| |
    08|Istari| |
    09|TBFProgrammer|Mason|Day1
    10|Gray Mage| |
    11|Lex-kat| |
    12|Grue bait| |
    13|Ur-Quan| |
    14|Internet Flea| |
    15|Matthias| |
    16|Count DingDong| |
    17|C'Nor|*Unknown|Night1
    18|Ebonwolf| |
    19|Bookboy| |
    20|Bladescape|Beast(Evil)|Day2
    [/table]

Recruitment starts now, and ends when I have 20 players.
    Last edited by RuneboundShade; 2012-07-24 at 10:27 AM.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Traits WW: The misty isle

First! What now?

Edit: As with Ramsus, I would not be opposed to a QT now.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-05-08 at 07:08 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'll second this being in motion! Now to read the rules... QT now? I have zee questions and such.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-05-08 at 02:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well looky here we are the third :D

So this is this all blind, would think so
    or do other people then the masons know each other?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Signing up. :D

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

To answer questions:

Q: Is it a blind game? Who knows each other at the beginning of the game?
    A: Yes, all blind but the masons(Anything else in this setting would be odd), If the wolf killer tries to kill another wolf, then he is informed that that player is a wolf and he doesn't kill anyone. Should the wolf killer die his kill will be given to another wolf at random, that wolfs traits will not change.
    You can, of course, create a QT with people you think are wolves if you want, but that might not be as effective.

Q: Can I have my QT now? I have questions.
    A: Hmmm.... well, I was intending to give out the QTs when I gave out the roles.... :/
    But sure, I'm fine with giving you a QT now... but I may create a new QT for you when the game actually starts.

Also, another thing I forgot to originally mention, when someone dies, their role is revealed, their traits aren't.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll give it a shot, though I think the Mysterious is at a pretty big disadvantage, considering everyone wants to kill him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I'll give it a shot, though I think the Mysterious is at a pretty big disadvantage, considering everyone wants to kill him.
    Well, how does one tell that the mysterious is indeed the mysterious? And how does one kill it? It can randomize its traits, it can bane itself to make it immune to night kills it can void to render powers useless, and it can kill people... Of course, right now we still haven't mentioned it's 3 vote power, which gives it one heck of an advantage.

The mysterious would actually be my favourite role to play.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I still don't really see why the neutrals need it dead. (This was one of the things I wanted to say in a QT.) If they didn't that gives them a more interesting set of choices. Work with full teams (if they can be found) of town or wolves or the single very powerful thing both other teams want dead.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I still don't really see why the neutrals need it dead. (This was one of the things I wanted to say in a QT.) If they didn't that gives them a more interesting set of choices. Work with full teams (if they can be found) of town or wolves or the single very powerful thing both other teams want dead.
    Well, that's an interesting view point, but I'll have to change the neutrals win conditions, as I didn't include the common minor win conditions that nuetrals normally have, which was kinda silly of me. It doesn't actually make sense for the neutrals to want the mysterious dead anyways, now that I think about the character that the mysterious is.
    (Oh yeah, note, every role is a character, and most characters are roles.)

Also, I haven't got 'round to sending you and Pengi those QTs because my compy got hit by melware today, which means I'm dis-organized and not in contact with some of my files. It should be back up soon enough though.

EDIT: Okay, changed the win rules for neutrals, do you think that's a bit more balanced?
    Last edited by RuneboundShade; 2012-05-09 at 09:10 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RuneboundShade View Post
    Well, how does one tell that the mysterious is indeed the mysterious? And how does one kill it? It can randomize its traits, it can bane itself to make it immune to night kills it can void to render powers useless, and it can kill people... Of course, right now we still haven't mentioned it's 3 vote power, which gives it one heck of an advantage.

The mysterious would actually be my favourite role to play.
    The sheer length of time it has to stay alive makes it hard to do so. 30 players means twenty six players have to die before he does, which if I'm reading the rules right means it has to survive at least eight randa-lynches, dodge a bunch of nightkills, and explain how it survived if it gets hit.

(Although I do like the element of "He survived a nightkill, LYNCH HIM!" the role can bring.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just curious, but what are a Daicchi's defining features, which cannot be distinguised on the Island, but can be seen elsewhere? :O

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vesth View Post
    I'm just curious, but what are a Daicchi's defining features, which cannot be distinguised on the Island, but can be seen elsewhere? :O
    Ah!! Good question, devations in skin colour, hair colour, and eye colour.
    The mist on the isle makes it so these differentiations can't be seen properly. And no, this isn't the sort of mist that if you get really close doesn't really matter, this is the sort of magical mist that just slightly obscures everything.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it'll certainly (probably?) still be tough for the mysterious to win but, I believe it's better the way it is now. You might want to make sure with each person if they're ok taking up the challenge it presents. Or maybe not. I dunno.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm, I'll join because I enjoyed Demons quite a bit once I got into it. It's possible I may need to be poked though...
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Looks interesting, I'm in.

Out of curiosity, how many masons are there likely to be? Seems to me that with a reasonable mix of minor roles and coordination that they could be very effective.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-05-09 at 09:14 PM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Looks interesting, I'm in.

Out of curiosity, how many masons are there likely to be? Seems to me that with a reasonable mix of minor roles and coordination that they could be very effective.
    I was going to have four masons, anymore and the masons would be OPd, any less and the masons would be too easy to 'remove'.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I think four might be a bit strong actually. Three would probably be better. I point out that with four of them they're almost assured to have all of the minor roles. And don't normally masons come in fours anyway? That might be overkill for a group of 100% sure of each other's side people who all also have information gathering abilities.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

I think four might be a bit strong actually. Three would probably be better. I point out that with four of them they're almost assured to have all of the minor roles. And don't normally masons come in fours anyway? That might be overkill for a group of 100% sure of each other's side people who all also have information gathering abilities.
    Hmmm... you make a very good point, I wasn't thinking of the added advantage of the minor roles, I'll make it three then....
    Now all I need to do is invent another citizen character, and remove one of the members of 'poverty' that I created but... which one...?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just make one of them an npc that dies with the last mason, no need to completely scrub a character from existence if they are already alive in your head.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Just make one of them an npc that dies with the last mason, no need to completely scrub a character from existence if they are already alive in your head.
    You're right, I didn't think of that, thanks!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think I will join this game,

Questions:

1) The mysterious require 4 or less people in the game to win, does that include itself?

2) With the neutrals, if there are 2 alive at the end they minor win, if there are 4 alive at the end they major win, what happens if there is 3 alive at the end?

3) Can the mysterious day-bane?

4) Can the matcher choose themselves as one of the 2 targets?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sounds interesting, I'll join.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

An Isle shrouded in fog. A being hidden in the depths of a dark robe. What light there is unable to penetrate deep enough to reveal its face. It gestures for drink. Not even the sound of its voice is cast into the crowd.

It retreats with its drink to a room, which stands empty awaiting it. The man pushes back his hood and sighs. If only there were not so many enemies after him, this hiding would not be necessary.

In.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-05-10 at 05:53 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    1) The mysterious require 4 or less people in the game to win, does that include itself?
    Yes, that includes itself.

2) With the neutrals, if there are 2 alive at the end they minor win, if there are 4 alive at the end they major win, what happens if there is 3 alive at the end?
    Uhhh... 2+ alive at the end for survival minor win, they get a major win if they get their other minor win condition, which is individual to each neutral. Hope that clears things up.

3) Can the mysterious day-bane?

I certainly hope not, that would make it nigh-on invincible. But good question.

4) Can the matcher choose themselves as one of the 2 targets?
    Hmmm.... Yes, yes you can, in fact... This is likely the most useful move as a matcher, N1 at least.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

As to the Mysterious having a Day-bane, I think it would be nice to give him the option to day-bane or night-bane, but not both in the same night.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Giving the mysterious a day-bane doesn't work. As the killers on both sides are roles, if those roles die, he's then invincible. Also, he has extra voting power and if lyched once and day baned would be pretty much confirmed the mysterious and if the killers are alive he'd just die that night or the next day instead. It wouldn't really help him much. On the other hand, giving him a careless day-bane would be...interesting?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-05-10 at 10:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Giving the mysterious a day-bane doesn't work. As the killers on both sides are roles, if those roles die, he's then invincible. Also, he has extra voting power and if lyched once and day baned would be pretty much confirmed the mysterious and if the killers are alive he'd just die that night or the next day instead. It wouldn't really help him much. On the other hand, giving him a careless day-bane would be...interesting?
    I think those killers are in addition to the wolf team kill.

Even if it's nearly useless, it'd still be a nice option. He can only do two things per night anyway.

(Although seeing that there are three or four kills per night, he's probably not as overwhelmed as I was thinking.)
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-05-10 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    I think those killers are in addition to the wolf team kill.

Even if it's nearly useless, it'd still be a nice option. He can only do two things per night anyway.

(Although seeing that there are three or four kills per night, he's probably not as overwhelmed as I was thinking.)
    Errr... no, it's only the wolf killer who kills, although, should he die, the kill is given to another wolf. Wolves can't be NKed by wolves though, NKing a wolf if you're a wolf links that wolf to you.

There are two NKs flying round at night.