New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,486 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

[Training grounds]

Hachirou watches Alysha's display for a while, then coughs. "Mind if I say something?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Training Grounds

Alysha stops and nods to Hachirou. Sure.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

"There's not much point practicing against a dummy like that."

"The dummy will never strike back. It won't move. While it's good you put effort in your defensive form, it's not what they're meant for. They're something you can hit without worry of causing injury - they're for training offense. The way you practice, you're missing out on their main utility. If you can't bring yourself to strike a doll, how can you ever strike a real enemy?"

4. - Top - End - #1474

Training Grounds

Yeah...I know...I've had a hard time getting used to the idea of fighting...

She shifts on her feet a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin quietly steps to the side. Perhaps he doesn't even have to speak up.

Doesn't that completely defeat what we were just saying?Indeed. I did notice you had a few specific comments for her. You should voice them, for her benefit if nothing else.

I don't want to interrupt at this point. I'll say something in a minute.

...*facepalm*

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto nods, "I...I see." She says hesitating again. "Alright, screw it." She says with a sigh. "I slipped up and made it pretty damn obvious so I might as well stop the charade." She says walking back into the room and taking a seat.

"I wasn't expecting to talk to a Captain..." She mumbles. "Surprise, surprise, guess who is having sleep issues?" She ask turning a bit red from embarrassment. "Not sure if you've heard any of the rumors or not..."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

Hachirou lifts his hand to rub his chin and hives Alysha a ponderous look. "Yes... I know it's difficult when you're not really made to be a warrior. But that's what training is for." He then gives Koujin a quick glance and steps aside. "Carry on."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

After about an hour of meditation (which Tachi-chan makes him swear to do every day) Jiro moves to his regular routine. 1000 push ups (the kind where your legs are straight in the air and you are pushing your body straight up and down), 1000 sit ups, and then an hour of Weapon practice with Tachi-chan in shikai mode. After that for about twenty minutes he tries to manifest Tachi-chan's spirit so he can try to achieve bankai. As is almost routine at this point he fails to even materialize one hair. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Dammit why can't I do this!" Don't get so upset Jiro, it's not easy to achive bankai. I'm sure that you'll get it someday though."

Jiro sighs as he finishes his training for the afternoon and decides to walk around Soul Society to find something to do until he starts his evening training.

(hmm, what to have him do next. Hmmm.....)

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Orimoto nods, "I...I see." She says hesitating again. "Alright, screw it." She says with a sigh. "I slipped up and made it pretty damn obvious so I might as well stop the charade." She says walking back into the room and taking a seat.

"I wasn't expecting to talk to a Captain..." She mumbles. "Surprise, surprise, guess who is having sleep issues?" She ask turning a bit red from embarrassment. "Not sure if you've heard any of the rumors or not..."
    "When you talk about paperwork, you'll involve seated officers, the vice captain and myself. And wouldn't it be better if you talk to someone about your problems directly? It is foolish pride to wrap it under hypothetical situations and pretending that you don't have it." Akira takes a chiding tone.

"Now I have heard no rumor about your condition, but for you to take such silly yet drastic measures means it is taking its toll on your sense of judgement. Do you have an inkling of why you are having trouble sleeping?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto glanced down at the ground feeling embarrassed. She knew the Captain was right and she should have tried being direct instead of working around it. She had been too worried that nothing would be done and she'd need the Twelfth Division.

"You...you're right." She said with a nod, "It was stupid of me...I'm an idiot." She said, "I've barely slept in weeks because..." She pauses trying to figure out a way that wouldn't sound stupid, "Ummmm...well, I have..." She didn't want to say nightmares because it was embarrassing that a seated officer like herself would be in horrible shape because of simple bad dreams, "It's just better to be awake...its an escape from sleep..." She mumbled. "Whenever I sleep I wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying and..." She bite her lip feeling so stupid and embarrassed. "And yeah...a lot of the lower seats know also and so even awake I get to hear mockery...and...it's just hard..." She said quietly.

"It started after my last mission to the human world...a group of unseated officers and myself were sent to do some monitoring and such...it should have been a typical mission, but...some hollow...it had weird powers...it did some weird mental thing I've not seen from hollows." A shiver ran through her body as she remembered the creature. "And...it's...yeah..." She mumbled. "It's hard to talk about...I'm a seated officer...nightmares shouldn't be a problem...And now I'm stammering and acting like an idiot..."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Orimoto glanced down at the ground feeling embarrassed. She knew the Captain was right and she should have tried being direct instead of working around it. She had been too worried that nothing would be done and she'd need the Twelfth Division.

"You...you're right." She said with a nod, "It was stupid of me...I'm an idiot." She said, "I've barely slept in weeks because..." She pauses trying to figure out a way that wouldn't sound stupid, "Ummmm...well, I have..." She didn't want to say nightmares because it was embarrassing that a seated officer like herself would be in horrible shape because of simple bad dreams, "It's just better to be awake...its an escape from sleep..." She mumbled. "Whenever I sleep I wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying and..." She bite her lip feeling so stupid and embarrassed. "And yeah...a lot of the lower seats know also and so even awake I get to hear mockery...and...it's just hard..." She said quietly.

"It started after my last mission to the human world...a group of unseated officers and myself were sent to do some monitoring and such...it should have been a typical mission, but...some hollow...it had weird powers...it did some weird mental thing I've not seen from hollows." A shiver ran through her body as she remembered the creature. "And...it's...yeah..." She mumbled. "It's hard to talk about...I'm a seated officer...nightmares shouldn't be a problem...And now I'm stammering and acting like an idiot..."
    "Shinigami who lived longer than others experience more, their memories go further, the things that they had seen or heard or experienced would naturally be more. If anything, they would have an accumulation of situations that they can lose sleep over. Just because you're a seated officer does not mean you cannot admit that you need help for a problem you cannot handle. Such is silly pride. Strength comes from support and oneself, trying to hold one half and ignore the other is silly as well." Akira shakes her head. Captains and their longer lives usually translates to a richer history, and what that history includes would make any lesser officer lose sleep.

"So, tell me more about this hollow and what it can do and what happened to you. If you can get it off your chest and offer me as much information as possible, I will try my best to find the most appropriate treatment."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Hachirou lifts his hand to rub his chin and hives Alysha a ponderous look. "Yes... I know it's difficult when you're not really made to be a warrior. But that's what training is for." He then gives Koujin a quick glance and steps aside. "Carry on."
    He grins sheepishly and steps back forward. Right then, back to work. ...be quiet, you.

"From what I could tell, you have a couple areas you should specifically work on. You're not specifically bad at any of these, it's just that an opponent could take advantage of your flaws. As you seem to have a defensive interpretation to the art, I'd think you'd want to prevent that from happening."

Koujin walks a bit closer, then takes a stance similar to the one Alysha had been using, where she can clearly see what he's describing. "You had your stance a bit narrow, which can trip you up. If you widen it a bit, you're more stable. You also held your weapon arm out a bit too straight, trying to keep your sword between you and your opponent. While extra room can be helpful, you loose strength compared to having it a bit bent. You're also a bit slower on reacting to someone closing quickly."

He continues on, being descriptive and showing as he explains his recommendations. He also tries to avoid being too technical.

"So...I hope that was reasonably helpful?"

13. - Top - End - #1483

Training Grounds

Alysha listens to Hachirou and Koujin's suggestions. She'll try to mock what Koujin is showing, and seems to get it after a few tries.

She nods to his question. Oh, yeah! Thanks!

I think I know why I go defensive. At least, part of the reason, anyways. It's because my Shikai is based on defense.

And...maybe I should do a practice round with an actual opponent...I guess.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Orimoto was quiet for a minute as she looked down. "Well...it-it...it could" She paused taking a deep breath. If she spoke quickly she could list all the details, get it done with, and then think about something else. Speaking quickly to the point of being barely able to be understood Orimoto rattled off the details, "This hollow had some kinda weird mental power. It could get in our heads and make us see things that weren't there. It could dig up our worst nightmares and make them real. Or at least they seemed real. One of the lower seats, John, said it was an illusion and went to ignore it. Then he dropped dead. I don't know what he saw we could only see our own but it killed him. We realized we had to avoid the illusions...no idea why since they were fake. So we tried to fight it, but I guess people were seeing nightmares over each other. People started fighting each other and it was bad. Eventually we realized what was happening and tried to retreat but it did something and suddenly it was like the world was some nightmare realm. I'm guessing he made us imagine a whole world or something I don't know all I know is it was terrifying. I could hear most the others dying little by little and I thought I was going to die too when Lance, the seat right below me somehow appeared. He had some kinda light Shikai, I didn't even realize he had shikai...anyways, he was able to somehow end the nightmare thing and when it ended we saw everyone else dead and the hollow standing over them. It was almost as terrifying looking as the nightmares it was showing...Lance and I quickly fled, but it was catching up and Lance tricked me into going on, he said to split up and meet back up later, but when he never showed up I went looking for him." Finally Orimoto paused to take a breath and started to stammer again. "The idiot went back...I found his body with the rest..." She said quietly. "I guess he thought holding it back was better than splitting up..." She started to lose her breath and was having a hard time breathing from being upset. "H-h-...my--my fault--" She said between gasp as she tried to calm down.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Orc in the Playground

[At the Training Field... OF DOOM!]

"Well, Masaru-taichou, anytime you're willing to speak, I'm willing to listen." Kazuma noted idly as the field cleared. "Soutaichou, mind if I smoke?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune