New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Sleeping Goblin III: 40% More Drow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Trissy lets out another cute squeak.
    I-I'm tired... wanna sleep... can I use your bed? Just for today?
    Of course! Anytime, Just...let me talk to whoever at the door...sleep. Goodnight. Marty moves to open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Elio knocks very lightly on the door.

"Do you mean this inn specifically? Because I've only been here a few minutes. I haven't had time to meet many new people, except you and the archbishop." Romeo answers.
    Claudius Hark narrows his eyes down at Romeo. What? His eyes are dark and his voice is a deep bass sound. I have a life of power and control, I don't have time for fun boy. I am disappointing with the people of the Nexus....soon though, the prophet Frolty shall spread the light of Beatra and this world will be completed. Remember, you are being judged, all your life. The gods are harsh in their judgement, but I have made a point to never sin, as should you!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-07-04 at 06:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Of course! Anytime, Just...let me talk to whoever at the door...sleep. Goodnight. Marty moves to open the door.
    He'll see Elio standing at the door, his expression full of concern. "Hello Marty."

The halfling laughs good-naturedly. Both!
    Claudius Hark narrows his eyes down at Romeo. What? His eyes are dark and his voice is a deep bass sound. I have a life of power and control, I don't have time for fun boy. I am disappointing with the people of the Nexus....soon though, the prophet Frolty shall spread the light of Beatra and this world will be completed. Remember, you are being judged, all your life. The gods are harsh in their judgement, but I have made a point to never sin, as should you!
    How did this turn from small talk to a lecture on piety? Ah, well. It's not something Romeo isn't used to. In the old days he would have just done his best to look cowed, and nod, but two years with a kooky old wizard... "Ray of sunshine, this one," he says aside to the blind halfling. "Pardon, your Excellency, but why would Frolty come to Nexus? Why not your religion's home dimension, where your goddess has actual clout?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thank you... love... T'rissylene climbs slowly under the covers of the bed and drops off almost immediately. The poor girl really is tired. Her hand is out o the covers though, clutching the ring with her and Mart's names on it. Marty will probably notice it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #64

How did this turn from small talk to a lecture on piety? Ah, well. It's not something Romeo isn't used to. In the old days he would have just done his best to look cowed, and nod, but two years with a kooky old wizard... "Ray of sunshine, this one," he says aside to the blind halfling. "Pardon, your Excellency, but why would Frolty come to Nexus? Why not your religion's home dimension, where your goddess has actual clout?"
    Ooooh! The halfling chuckles again, and snaps his fingers. A large mist fills the air, and begins to solidify. Need some ice for that burn? Then the halfling does something strange.

Even though he's blind, he pats Romeo direct;y on the back.

Huh. Wonder how that works?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

He'll see Elio standing at the door, his expression full of concern. "Hello Marty."

ER...Elio? Hello? He looks tired, but will reach out to shake his friends hand.

Because, he will right the wrongs in this world too! He will bring about an awakening that will stretch across all generations, destroying evil and sin!

Thank you... love... T'rissylene climbs slowly under the covers of the bed and drops off almost immediately. The poor girl really is tired. Her hand is out o the covers though, clutching the ring with her and Mart's names on it. Marty will probably notice it.
    He does not, seeing as Elio distracts him. Goodnight....

Ooooh! The halfling chuckles again, and snaps his fingers. A large mist fills the air, and begins to solidify. Need some ice for that burn? Then the halfling does something strange.

Even though he's blind, he pats Romeo direct;y on the back.

Bah! Little halfling! Small, vulgar, insignificant peasant. Do not address me, lest I lose my temper!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

ER...Elio? Hello? He looks tired, but will reach out to shake his friends hand.
    "Marty," he starts, accepting the handshake. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a drow clan has put up a bounty on a woman named Trissylene, and they believe she is here. I figured you might be in danger, so I came to check up."

Even though he's blind, he pats Romeo directly on the back.

Not too hard to guess where a guys back is after talking to him. It's not like Romeo has moved.

Because, he will right the wrongs in this world too! He will bring about an awakening that will stretch across all generations, destroying evil and sin!

Bah! Little halfling! Small, vulgar, insignificant peasant. Do not address me, lest I lose my temper!
    "That's sort of admirable, I guess." Romeo rather politely refrains from bringing up how he doubts they'll actually get rid of evil. "But let's stay civil, you two. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings, your excellency. There's no need to be insulting." He has a very sincere looking smile on his face as he speaks with the Archbishop.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Well, you're lying." Tom, as ever, is just the epitome of tact. "That is, I happen to be undead myself and...... Words peter out, replaced by puzzlement as Tom notices something odd going on. Puzzlement becomes horror as he raises a hand to his face and sees the flesh peeling away, the skin splitting like gum stretched too thin and falling away like old plaster.

This horror is in no way assuaged as Tom begins feeling his face itself, praying to whatever foreign gods he believes in that it is somehow unharmed, only for his fingers to sink right through the putrid, jelly-like mass that his eye has decayed into.

And before he was so well preserved for a decades old corpse...

So this is where Tom has been pushed too damn far, inciting a flicker of actual emotion from the lethargic undead. Well, more than a flicker. Much more. The last remnant of his human life is rotting away thanks to these bastards and Tom is steamed. With a worldless scream of anger he hurls himself at the nearest brother, moving in a blur as he tries to tackle Aladar to the ground and pin him there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Oh, joy! Combat! Quite honestly, the man in the goofy pseudo-Canadian military uniform has no idea about how undead things work. But the fact that these two corrupted poor Tom's form is enough for him. He unlatches his rifle from a special holding bag on his back in a swift motion that ends with the gun's safety being switched off and the gun pointed at Fenghar. At the same time, a skin-tight forcefield begins to form around his body. He'll attempt to do the same for Tom, but he doesn't know how exactly his psionic powers would effect Tom, if they would at all.

On him, however, it provides a higher level of protection strong enough to stop most forms of light arms fire. Anything stronger than that will probably be able to burst through it with little difficulty.
    "Hmmm...he didn't see it," Fenghar says telepathically.
    "Maybe he's lying."
    "Or maybe...only certain types of undead creatures can smell it."

"It's unfortunate that you don't believe us," Fenghar says, Aladar casting a spell that'd turn the brothers and the bodies invisible which would allow them to escape whilst Fenghar moves in front of Aladar, grabs one of the bodies and attempts to kick Tom to the side and hold to body in front of him just in case the man with the rifle decided to make a move.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-07-07 at 03:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

I could say the same to you. Lighten up, have a drink. The halfling fingers his magical staff, preparing a spell.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-07-05 at 10:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

Front Door

It is here that Bellan steps in. At first, he moves to stop Sergeant Psionics - mostly put a hand on his gun to stop him. "No killing. Put that away, please." Unfortunately, this effort seems to be in vain - before his eyes, the two suspicious men disappear. Along with their charges. "Damn!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

I could say the same to you. Lighten up, have a drink. The halfling fingers his magical staff, preparing a spell.
    A few minutes (in Nexus time anyways) deadtimed, and Nixa misses what could possibly have been an interesting fight to partake in. "Typical."

She's about to turn and vanish upstairs to torment her new brother - because really, nothing alleviates boredom like tossing flames in the faces of those who are susceptible to burns - but she figures it's high time she actually did something about the kidnapping.

"Hey you. Short, annoying, halfling-guy!" Wow. Polite description. "Are you still looking for Akoraun?"
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

11. - Top - End - #71

Yohannes turns to her. Well, yes! Do you know where he is?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

"He's in mortal danger from a pack of werecreatures, and a mind-flayer that rips apart the brains of weak-willed beings." Which includes her, actually, not that she'd ever admit to her own time spent there. For now, she just wants to see what reaction that sentence would get her.

13. - Top - End - #73

The halfling raises an eyebrow above his blindfold, and one of finger twitch as he grips his staff more tightly. Really now. Could you tell me where exactly that is?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Not the reaction she was expecting. He sounded nearly unconcerned, though she hadn't missed the slight tensing. Interesting.

"Exactly? Hmmm... well, he's most likely locked in a cell with a few predators, awaiting the mindflayer, deep inside the main stone castle of Beren's Hold - also known as the Hold of the Tyrant - on a planet you cannot reach by any means other than prayer or a really, really powerful teleportation spell." Or a few other less imposing sounding manners.

15. - Top - End - #75

The halfling's knuckles tun white, he's holding his staff so tightly.Can you get me there? His voice is tight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

"I could, yes," Nixa answers, leaning forward a little on the banister, "but I doubt you'd do very well to just appear there and try to thread your way through to him."

She begins to walk down to him. "I wonder why you care, anyways? Who are you to my little brother?"

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    "I could, yes," Nixa answers, leaning forward a little on the banister, "but I doubt you'd do very well to just appear there and try to thread your way through to him."

She begins to walk down to him. "I wonder why you care, anyways? Who are you to my little brother?"
    The halfling fingers his blindfold.

Well I.... ah.... raised him from age three. You're his sister?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

"You raised him, and you don't even know he has siblings?" No, as long as Nixa has the chance to act superior and skeptical, she's not about to mention that she herself only found out today that she has four brothers instead of only two.

19. - Top - End - #79

"You raised him, and you don't even know he has siblings?" No, as long as Nixa has the chance to act superior and skeptical, she's not about to mention that she herself only found out today that she has four brothers instead of only two.

Well... ah... I knew about Elkandar and T'rissylene. He lived with her for two years. You're apparently their triplet?

He keeps his fingers on her staff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

"No. You're forgetting Vierzt. Which means we're either quadruplets or, as is significantly more likely, a bizarre genetic experiment by the drows." That's the only explanation Nixa has, anyways.

"Not that it matters much. All you need know is that I believe that if Akoraun is so idiotic as to get himself nabbed, he can suffer the consequences." Which is not how she feels. She really does want to help. It's her own planet, her own brother, by all means she should already be there, trying to get him back. But this wasn't some irritating lordling or prince she could fry on his 'throne', but a mindflayer who knows her exact weaknesses, who was an expert at cracking into minds and tearing around thoughts and emotions. She had to play this carefully. "Of course, if you rounded up a few people to take over... if I knew there was no way this could fail... if I had a promise sealed in blood that you wouldn't leave anyone, especially not me, in the hands of that creature, then I could perhaps take you there."

21. - Top - End - #81

Vierzt? Never heard of him. Probably quadruplets though, as you all that I seem to know about are naturally born together... He winces a little.

Are you insane? He's your own brother. His tone is serious, deadly serious, and very stony. We don't need any people. We only need me, a few of my fires, some animals and you. Maybe this "Vierzt." I'd like to meet him. The hafling's voice is tight. You should take me, young lady. It would be easier. I'm going to get there either way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Is Nixa insane? Perhaps. The same can be said for most, if not all, of her dragon-siblings. Heck, maybe even the drow ones too!

"Have you any idea how rare naturally occurring quadruplets are? I certainly don't, but it's nothing I've ever heard of on Laira. This is the drow we're talking about here, my bet is still on genetic experiments." Or maybe that's just paranoia.

"Ooh, yes, you'd be perfect fodder for his critters. And while they're dining on you, I could sneak past and free Akoraun. What a foolproof plan!" Usually it'd be just like Nixa to march in without any thought to anything, and try to purge everything with fire. But this time? "Yes, Vierzt could help perhaps. We'll need an alchemist too though, or a cleric, or someone who can do something about Beren's mind-control techniques... but make no mistake, I will not follow in your footsteps. I am in charge here, do not forget that halfling." Nixa has a minor obsession with dominance statures. It's never wise to argue power with a dragon.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudius growls and looks over, his dark raven eyes slanted in a warning. Do not disrespect me halfling. I am Claudius Hark! Archbishop of Beatra, bearer of Elltryssa's light, and Master of the Mishtopy Stone!

"Marty," he starts, accepting the handshake. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a drow clan has put up a bounty on a woman named Trissylene, and they believe she is here. I figured you might be in danger, so I came to check up."

Marty's eyes go wide. W...what? Wait....huh?She...It's.....Elio, help me! He seems to be freaking out, the thought of a bunch of drow attacking his already damaged inn (Not to mention himself and Trissylene) is somewhat frightening. Elio! Please....Where do we go! I can't....Trissy is my friend, we need to hide somewhere!

Not too hard to guess where a guys back is after talking to him. It's not like Romeo has moved.

"That's sort of admirable, I guess." Romeo rather politely refrains from bringing up how he doubts they'll actually get rid of evil. "But let's stay civil, you two. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings, your excellency. There's no need to be insulting." He has a very sincere looking smile on his face as he speaks with the Archbishop.
    Hmm....Good. When I was your age, you would treat elders with the utmost respect. Now, it seems you don't care what you do. Nexus needs to be cleansed sooner rather than later.
    He leans on his ebony staff.

Is Nixa insane? Perhaps. The same can be said for most, if not all, of her dragon-siblings. Heck, maybe even the drow ones too!

"Have you any idea how rare naturally occurring quadruplets are? I certainly don't, but it's nothing I've ever heard of on Laira. This is the drow we're talking about here, my bet is still on genetic experiments." Or maybe that's just paranoia.

"Ooh, yes, you'd be perfect fodder for his critters. And while they're dining on you, I could sneak past and free Akoraun. What a foolproof plan!" Usually it'd be just like Nixa to march in without any thought to anything, and try to purge everything with fire. But this time? "Yes, Vierzt could help perhaps. We'll need an alchemist too though, or a cleric, or someone who can do something about Beren's mind-control techniques... but make no mistake, I will not follow in your footsteps. I am in charge here, do not forget that halfling." Nixa has a minor obsession with dominance statures. It's never wise to argue power with a dragon.
    Claudius glares over and says, You need a cleric? I could...be of assistance.

Just then, a strange man enters. He wears black shades over his eyes and smiles with arrogance and confidence. He is balding, with just a few hairs on his head. He's only about 35 though. He wears a blue shirt with green pants and a brown coat. He wears a long, bright yellow cape and yellow gloves. His bright yellow boots stand out too. He carries a long rifle, yellow of course, which he seems to show off. He moves right over to Nixa, stepping right in front of Claudius, which earns him a glare from the tall priest. He then spontaneously speaks out. Greetings denizens of this little inn! Never fear, for Rick Brutal is here! I have come to be awesome and do stuff! Claudius stops glaring at Rick's final sentence and just facepalms.

24. - Top - End - #84

Lead, then. I can ward off the mind-control. Do you know where your brother is? Get him.

((Welcome back!))

He turns to the bishop. Really? You're willing to go to a different planet?
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-07-11 at 11:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa strides over to the cleric, circles him once, and then nods approval. "If you truly wish, you may join us. Perhaps you and the halfling together can keep Beren from our minds. He likes to drive you lesser beings insane."

Leaving the cleric, she walks to the door of the tavern and leans against the frame, staring out. "Vierzt left in a huff a half hour ago after I shoved him out the door. He could be anywhere by now. Fuming, is the most likely bet."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudius growls at Nixa before speaking out. I am no "lesser being" creature...I am Claudius Hark! But, I will help you on this quest...Now, if onl- Claudius is interrupted as the strange bald man with the yellow cape jumps in front of him. WAit! Someone's doin' some kind of grand adventure!? You need someone intelligent on such a journey! I am Rick brutal, vanquisher of the crystal lizard, destroyer of the Grundlekrunk, and killer of a thousand evils! I'm famous around my homeland!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa's about to respond to Claudius when she's rudely interrupted.

"Someone intelligent?" She hisses.

...Uh oh.

She doesn't do anything yet though, but the flicker of anger and contempt in her eyes is not a good sign.

"So what are we, Rick? All idiots and helpless children, awaiting your glory, then? I suppose you wouldn't agree if I was to say that you could come only if you obey my every command?"

28. - Top - End - #88

Yohannes mutters a little and steps back as Nixa starts to get all crazy.

And it's barely noticable, but a few vonies sprout up and attempt hold the dragoness, the bishop, and the macho man, ready to suddenly strengthen at the first sign if violence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Nixa's about to respond to Claudius when she's rudely interrupted.

"Someone intelligent?" She hisses.

...Uh oh.

She doesn't do anything yet though, but the flicker of anger and contempt in her eyes is not a good sign.

"So what are we, Rick? All idiots and helpless children, awaiting your glory, then? I suppose you wouldn't agree if I was to say that you could come only if you obey my every command?"
    Bahaha! I would still follow you! I am the greatest tracker alive, among my other glamorous titles. Now, if you play nice I'll write ya an autograph.

Yohannes mutters a little and steps back as Nixa starts to get all crazy.

And it's barely noticable, but a few vonies sprout up and attempt hold the dragoness, the bishop, and the macho man, ready to suddenly strengthen at the first sign if violence.
    The Archbishop just glares the whole time. Vines will wrap on Rick's big yellow boot.

30. - Top - End - #90

Just then Vierzt walks in, flicking a cigarette onto the floor and crushing it with his bare toe. He's glaring at Nixa.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,