New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

[1st Division - Commander's Office]

Ryouichi doesn't even look up. Busy, busy, busy.

"Enter."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "I see", Sayuri says deadpanly, still writing on the scroll. She is not very convinced by Akio's story. In the surveillance room, the 10th officers beckon to each other and send a Jigokucho to one of their comrades, telling him to go and check Yama household. "Would rather die than bring enemies to Seireitei"? Nothing but empty words in the light of Akio's actions, as dead as the dull look in his eyes. Such haphazard appeal carries no weight in Sayuri's ears.

"I think that's enough of what you did. So mind telling me, Akio-san, why you chose to chase Elder alone?"
    "I went to Elder alone because I had to. Elder told me something that still turns through my mind and still haunts me. Elder asked, what made me better than her. I still don't have that answer." Akio's eyes are dull throughout. It almost seems as if he's given up.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

Ryouichi doesn't even look up. Busy, busy, busy.

"Enter."

Masaru did so, presumably with Soushi in tow. Once both were inside, Masaru made sure the door was closed again. He then walked over to Ryouichi's desk and laid his reports down. It was perhaps 30 pages of material; if the Commander-General opened it, he'd discover several of those pages were photos, maps, and the like.

"That's what we've got so far on the situation. The structure is a total loss. We're still extracting what staff and prisoners we can. No sign of Taiki yet. Natsuko's waiting to come in next, though. Looks like your 4th Seat's talking to her about something.

Right now, I've got several small command teams on-site, reporting back to the Division HQ on the hour. We'll send 1st Division summaries every 3 hours; I'll make sure they're brief, as I'm sure your division has plenty to do right now.

Soushi's here to give his initial report on the intelligence he gathered. Despite the...unorthodox methodology, some of the intelligence will be quiet useful.
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

[10th Division]

Sayuri stops writing to look at Akio in dull shock. "That's your reason?" She puts her quil aside and crosses her hands on the table, sighing.

"Yama-san, you left barely a day after a lost fight. You had not even recovered from your prior injuries. To leave alone for a Hollow that has eluded our forces for ages was one of the most ill-advised things you could've done. You should've given yourself time to heal. But that's not your crime."

"If you really wanted to meet that Hollow alone, for whatever reason, you could've done it outside Gotei. To my understanding, Yama noble line is old and esteemed family, with strong warrior traditions. Surely, they would've understood leaving for single combat with a worthy opponent."

"You could've checked out from the hospital as normal, asked for Absence of Leave and used one of the Senkaimon held by nobles to enter mortal realm. Now, I'm not sure if your family possesses one, but surely you could've accessed one through their contacts. That way, all would've been fine and no law would've been broken."

"Instead, you opted to act on a fit of madness, and left without even checking at your division, despite the fact that you were the highest ranking, fuctioning officer at the time. Such selfishness is unforgivable from an officer, let alone one as high ranking as you."

"Are you honestly telling me you didn't think of any of this?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

"Sir."

Soushi stepped up, and removed his hat.

"Let me begin by stating the reason for my absence at the onset of events. As Your Excellency is no doubt aware, I could not be contacted up until I divulged the presence of Public Enemy Number One within Soul Society premises. I'll get back to that.

Over the last few weeks, I have been following the actions of one Atsugo Shindai, an unseated from 4th division. Atsugo had been spotted at several places within Seireitei where he had no scheduled tasks. Being a 4th divisioner, everyone assumed he ran routine maintenance. This in itself was no reason for suspicion - however, it came to my attention that several 4th divisioners in charge of high-profile facilities, including but not limited to the 8th, the 11th, the 12th and 1st division had recently taken ill, and Atsugo was the one who offered to fill in for them. I couldn't accuse him without evidence, however, and I couldn't ask someone else to run surveillance for me either, so I took up the task of keeping tabs on him myself. I suspected he was gathering intelligence for someone, but I couldn't find out who it was.

Atsugo was the one who let the enemy into Seireitei, the Primera's attack notwithstanding. But I still didn't know who the enemy behind this plot was or what was their objective, so I couldn't simply stop him - another would probably take his place, and the enemy would cover their tracks better. It was a risky proposition to mantain radio communication as well. So I followed them. Eventually, the group split up, and I chose to go after Kujo and Atsugo.

It appeared that Atsugo was unable to obtain one crucial piece of intelligence Kujo lacked. So they kidnapped officer Karashi Ren. I am... unsure what happened to him in the meantime, though I suspect it was torture - and I owe him my apologies for not intervening. Either way, it appears they managed to piece together the location of Maggot's Nest. Having finished his uses for Atsugo Shindai, Kujo... eliminated him. I reported back now that I knew what his destination was, but the attack was already in full swing. Takahashi-taichou seemed headed for the Nest - I actually spotted him on my way back to Seireitei - so I figured my presence would not be necessary. I had already overreached my competence in decision-making too far, and I was certain that Masaru-taichou would need all the information he could get. On the way back, I helped restrain fugitive Suzume Kimi.

I realize that I've taken a number of risks and overstepped the boundaries of my decision-making many times in this incident alone. And I understand that stating I did what I thought was best is no excuse. I am, therefore, prepared to face the consequences of my actions and accept any forthcoming punishment."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

something weird happened to my post...

i will try to figure it out and fix it...ugh

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

Masaru did so, presumably with Soushi in tow. Once both were inside, Masaru made sure the door was closed again. He then walked over to Ryouichi's desk and laid his reports down. It was perhaps 30 pages of material; if the Commander-General opened it, he'd discover several of those pages were photos, maps, and the like.

"That's what we've got so far on the situation. The structure is a total loss. We're still extracting what staff and prisoners we can. No sign of Taiki yet. Natsuko's waiting to come in next, though. Looks like your 4th Seat's talking to her about something.

Right now, I've got several small command teams on-site, reporting back to the Division HQ on the hour. We'll send 1st Division summaries every 3 hours; I'll make sure they're brief, as I'm sure your division has plenty to do right now.

Soushi's here to give his initial report on the intelligence he gathered. Despite the...unorthodox methodology, some of the intelligence will be quiet useful.
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Sir."

Soushi stepped up, and removed his hat.

"Let me begin by stating the reason for my absence at the onset of events. As Your Excellency is no doubt aware, I could not be contacted up until I divulged the presence of Public Enemy Number One within Soul Society premises. I'll get back to that.

Over the last few weeks, I have been following the actions of one Atsugo Shindai, an unseated from 4th division. Atsugo had been spotted at several places within Seireitei where he had no scheduled tasks. Being a 4th divisioner, everyone assumed he ran routine maintenance. This in itself was no reason for suspicion - however, it came to my attention that several 4th divisioners in charge of high-profile facilities, including but not limited to the 8th, the 11th, the 12th and 1st division had recently taken ill, and Atsugo was the one who offered to fill in for them. I couldn't accuse him without evidence, however, and I couldn't ask someone else to run surveillance for me either, so I took up the task of keeping tabs on him myself. I suspected he was gathering intelligence for someone, but I couldn't find out who it was.

Atsugo was the one who let the enemy into Seireitei, the Primera's attack notwithstanding. But I still didn't know who the enemy behind this plot was or what was their objective, so I couldn't simply stop him - another would probably take his place, and the enemy would cover their tracks better. It was a risky proposition to mantain radio communication as well. So I followed them. Eventually, the group split up, and I chose to go after Kujo and Atsugo.

It appeared that Atsugo was unable to obtain one crucial piece of intelligence Kujo lacked. So they kidnapped officer Karashi Ren. I am... unsure what happened to him in the meantime, though I suspect it was torture - and I owe him my apologies for not intervening. Either way, it appears they managed to piece together the location of Maggot's Nest. Having finished his uses for Atsugo Shindai, Kujo... eliminated him. I reported back now that I knew what his destination was, but the attack was already in full swing. Takahashi-taichou seemed headed for the Nest - I actually spotted him on my way back to Seireitei - so I figured my presence would not be necessary. I had already overreached my competence in decision-making too far, and I was certain that Masaru-taichou would need all the information he could get. On the way back, I helped restrain fugitive Suzume Kimi.

I realize that I've taken a number of risks and overstepped the boundaries of my decision-making many times in this incident alone. And I understand that stating I did what I thought was best is no excuse. I am, therefore, prepared to face the consequences of my actions and accept any forthcoming punishment."

Ryouichi absentmindedly skims the report as Masaru then Soushi speak. After the lieutenant finishes speaking, his gaze rests solely on Soushi, silent for a few minutes, scanning with tired, if diligent eyes.

"Nagamichi Soushi, it is not my place to serve punishment, but for protocol's sake, I will be recommending one week's suspension without pay."

He pauses, seemingly waiting for reaction.

"However, to Captain Masaru I will also recommend a bonus to your pay for your efficiency, and if enough room in the budget cannot be found, then I will pay it from my own pocket." He does not offer so much as a smile, his expression still completely neutral.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [10th Division]

Sayuri stops writing to look at Akio in dull shock. "That's your reason?" She puts her quil aside and crosses her hands on the table, sighing.

"Yama-san, you left barely a day after a lost fight. You had not even recovered from your prior injuries. To leave alone for a Hollow that has eluded our forces for ages was one of the most ill-advised things you could've done. You should've given yourself time to heal. But that's not your crime."

"If you really wanted to meet that Hollow alone, for whatever reason, you could've done it outside Gotei. To my understanding, Yama noble line is old and esteemed family, with strong warrior traditions. Surely, they would've understood leaving for single combat with a worthy opponent."

"You could've checked out from the hospital as normal, asked for Absence of Leave and used one of the Senkaimon held by nobles to enter mortal realm. Now, I'm not sure if your family possesses one, but surely you could've accessed one through their contacts. That way, all would've been fine and no law would've been broken."

"Instead, you opted to act on a fit of madness, and left without even checking at your division, despite the fact that you were the highest ranking, fuctioning officer at the time. Such selfishness is unforgivable from an officer, let alone one as high ranking as you."

"Are you honestly telling me you didn't think of any of this?"
    "I felt that there was a sense of urgency. As you know, every time Elder is noticed, she tends to disappear. She's been showing up on our radar for centuries without more than a single possible confrontation at any location. Now we know she's stayed in Phoenix Town long enough to be seen by myself twice. This means that there's something holding her attention. She's taken the time to rent an apartment and try to fit in with the locals.

So yes, my actions were rash, but the amount of knowledge I've gained is greater than anything we've seen before. Not to mention the two mortal world men who had technology capable of absorbing spiritual energy in all forms and fire that energy back at myself. They also have the ability to become undetectable and to detect someone when they use Kyokko. No matter what happens here I would like to speak with both Captain Kazuo and Captain-Commander Tsukada."
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-04-18 at 08:52 AM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi seemed genuinely awestruck.

This was the biggest gamble in my plan, and it worked this beautifully?! I can't believe it!

"I... I really have no words, sir. 'Thank you very much' doesn't seem enough.

There... is one very pressing concern about the recent events - namely, the Primera's invasion. Granted it's a high-profile enemy and it was expected that no defense line would be unbreakable, but the fact remains that an Arrancar did enter Soul Society directly through a Garganta.

I dread to think what would have happened if her attack's purpose wasn't diversionary. Or if she had been able to infiltrate Seireitei. This is a tactical advantage for the enemy we CANNOT ignore."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru's face is a mask of dispassion as Ryouichi lays out his consideration of the matter. He gives his superior an understanding nod.

"Vice-Captain Soushi and I will likely sit down to discuss a few other minor issues, but I believe a week's suspension would be a fair way to handle the situation.

I will, of course, leave the size of the bonus up to you. I'm sure we can establish something that's fair for all parties involved.
    "

He fell silent for a moment, apparently considering something in the privacy of his mind.

"Do you require any more of our services, Commander-General?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

[10th Division]

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "I felt that there was a sense of urgency. As you know, every time Elder is noticed, she tends to disappear. She's been showing up on our radar for centuries without more than a single possible confrontation at any location. Now we know she's stayed in Phoenix Town long enough to be seen by myself twice. This means that there's something holding her attention. She's taken the time to rent an apartment and try to fit in with the locals.

So yes, my actions were rash, but the amount of knowledge I've gained is greater than anything we've seen before. Not to mention the two mortal world men who had technology capable of absorbing spiritual energy in all forms and fire that energy back at myself. They also have the ability to become undetectable and to detect someone when they use Kyokko. No matter what happens here I would like to speak with both Captain Kazuo and Captain-Commander Tsukada."
    Sayuri looks anything but impressed. "And what makes you think there will be a third time?", she says impassively, picking up her quil with her right hand and resuming writing. "For all we know, the creature only decided to risk it because you were alone and injured. We've always known Elder is faithful to one place at a time, Yama-san. The sole reason our archives only show "single possible confrontation" is because we don't count each random sighting or encounter with it as a confrontation."

"Your rash actions might have very well made it think we're after it again, and scared it away. In any case, your information on it might well be obsoleted by the time we can act on it. Never mind that you've not presented compelling evidence that this... invidual you met was Elder. How did you even reach that conclusion?" She waits for a moment for Akio to make his case before continuing.

"As for the mortals... you realize we only have your word for them? Because you opted to act on your own, outside our action protocol, we have no data whatsoever of your stay in the mortal world. The best you can give us is a physical description of them, and frankly... that is next to useless. There are more than 127 million people in Japan today. Gotei hasn't had comprehensive records of mediums... ever, as far as I know. Even if we narrow our search to Phoenix town, it's thousands of people to sort through. As of now, we can't afford to focus enough presence there to make it anything more than looking for a needle in a haystack."

Sayuri smiles at Akio, but it's a smile without a hint of friendliness. Her voice is harmonious, but bleak, like funeral bells ringing for someone's departure. "All you have provided us is small glimpses of anecdotal evidence. If that counts as "greater knowledge than we've ever had before", then I must say I'm sorely disappointed, since it's barely enough to be useful." Sayuri stops writing and lowers her quil on the table again, shifting her eyes down from Akio to check through her writing. Seemingly satisfied, she rolls the scroll back up and seals by drawing a Kido seal on it.

"That assuming you aren't just feigning stupidity to cover up a greater crime", she finishes, standing up. He picks up the quil, which turns into a katana in a flash of light. Sayuri sheathes it in one deft motion and then picks the scroll to her left hand.

"You will give a more detailed description of the events to 10th. Once I've received their report, I will decide whether your case is important enough to bother Kazuo-taichou or Tsukada-soutaichou. Good bye."

Sayuri walks to the door, a 10th Divisioner opening it to her from the outside, and stepping in to take her place. The new interrogator sits opposite to Akio, taking out a notepad and a pen and placing them on the table. "So, Yama Akio, 3rd seat of the 13th Division. Left 4th Division intensive care unit five days ago..."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Soushi seemed genuinely awestruck.

This was the biggest gamble in my plan, and it worked this beautifully?! I can't believe it!

"I... I really have no words, sir. 'Thank you very much' doesn't seem enough.

There... is one very pressing concern about the recent events - namely, the Primera's invasion. Granted it's a high-profile enemy and it was expected that no defense line would be unbreakable, but the fact remains that an Arrancar did enter Soul Society directly through a Garganta.

I dread to think what would have happened if her attack's purpose wasn't diversionary. Or if she had been able to infiltrate Seireitei. This is a tactical advantage for the enemy we CANNOT ignore."
    "Indeed. I will make sure Kazuo-taichou expends all available resources on repairing this imbalance."

Masaru's face is a mask of dispassion as Ryouichi lays out his consideration of the matter. He gives his superior an understanding nod.

"Vice-Captain Soushi and I will likely sit down to discuss a few other minor issues, but I believe a week's suspension would be a fair way to handle the situation.

I will, of course, leave the size of the bonus up to you. I'm sure we can establish something that's fair for all parties involved.
    "

He fell silent for a moment, apparently considering something in the privacy of his mind.

"Do you require any more of our services, Commander-General?"
    "Negative, Nakamura-taichou. Dismissed." Ryouichi's gaze sinks back to the reports, as well as his other paperwork.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

"I... have a couple of ideas in that regard, sir. I'll forward my findings along with my reports." Upon dismissal, Nagamichi bowed and replied, "By your leave, soutaichou."

As he followed Masaru outside, after they'd walked for a short while within the 1st, he commented, "There's something on your mind. What is it?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

INVASION DAY (post collapse)

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (at the scene of the collapse, being rushed by 5 escapees and their leader, with 5 other 10th division unseated Shinigami fighting 8 other escapees nearby)

The five escapees rushed headlong at Taro, their screams of anger echoing the fight nearby between 8 others and five unseated Shinigami from the 10th.

They were in a loose straight line as they brought up their metal shafts and wood pieces with nails in them, above their heads to strike Taro.

6ft...4ft..3ft...2ft!!!. "...that was far enough" Taro thought as he smiled almost cynically from his crouch.

He pivoted in his stance bring his rear foot forward and his huge upper body across it directed at the man on the farthest left, shortening the distance to him at the last second. The man's metal rod above his head still when Taro attacked him with both his open right hand pushing him down to the ground at the chest, then as the man's back hit the ground his feet hung in the air, and Taroo grabbed them with both his massive hands, and then pivoted around his left, rear, foot bringing the body of the escapee around with him like a lifeless man shaped bat, held with two hands.

As Taro spun around towards the other four he swung the body of the man by the feet. The weight was nothing to Taro, he brought the flailing man fast with him, smashing the escapee's body into the next two farthest left escapees in the group, they not yet reacting to the swift moves of Taro. Taro released the human bat as he connected his attack. All three of their now unconscious bodies flew towards the leader, who was approaching from the rear of these five men. The leader had to stop and duck as one man's unconscious body flew over his head.

The other two escapees jumped back from Taro and held up their wooden planks with nails. Their eyes wide, and full of fear now..."..they had made a mistake...they should have given up...what were they thinking???...they had no chance" But they were committed now, the large man had given them a generous choice, and they spat at it....

"WAAHHHHHH!!!" They both yelled at the top of their lungs, hoping to gain some more guts in the process. With their wooden weapons above their heads coming down they both jumped onto a nearby boulder and up in the air and then down towards Taro, whom had just pivoted back still in his crouch but with his stance open to them to look to them.

Taro's smiled as they came down from the air for their attack. Taro thought to himself as everything seemed to go into slow motion for him "Had they not learned? when your weapon is above your head and facing a faster and stronger opponent...you leave your whole body open for a strike.....idiots..."

Timed perfectly Taro rose quickly to a standing position from his crouch towards the two men descending from above on him, much like he did the first escapee, but this time he struck with both extended arms and hands. Each on target to an escapees neck, grasping them in mid air.

Taro's large hands grabbed each of their necks and squeezed slightly, both of them still in the air. They dropped their weapons and grabbed at their necks and Taro's hands trying to relinquish his grasp, their eyes widen and bulged white, their faces turned red, their feet searching for the ground and then kicking harmlessly at Taro's large body. Taro held them both up in the air and looked up to them, his smile still set as he wasnt killing them, just teaching them a lesson.

They started to redden even more, and their eyes began to close and fade into unconsciousness, their hands weakened and fell to their sides, their feet slackened and dangled. Taro lessened his grip laying the escapees to the ground somewhat gently before he smiled a bit more, happy with his own restraint.

His smile turned to a grimace only a moment later, when he felt the sharp sting and heard the CLANG of metal against his upper back. Taro spun quickly to face the escapee's leader whom had struck him with a large metal piece of debris. He flung it to the ground and it CLANG out again as it hit a nearby rock.

Taro's grimace turned to a smile again as he straightened up a bit bringing his hand to his own back to rub the pain from the attack. The strike did hurt a little bit there was no doubting it, it was definitely more than an average Soul's strike. Taro guessed this man might have been a Shinigami at one time.

He looked to the now lonely leader..."ya gotta nice swing there....yer making me curious...why'd you get locked up in the first place? you go AWOL from yer Division?" he said sarcastically assuming his membership in the Gotei.

Both of the leader's fists, covered with dried blood form breaking his shackles, squeezed tight in anger. His face reddened with madness, and he spit out his response loudly...Taro's words bringing up a deep psychological scar in the man

"...shut your mouth...you fat piece of $hit!!..they had no right to kick me out and lock me away!!!...all i did....ALLL I DID WAS TRY TO SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE!!"

Taro looked on to them en rubbing his back a little bit more as he looked on to the man with a furrowed and almost curious brow.

The man continued in anger...his voice bold and enlivened by years of madness of thinking over his actions "...the Captain...the Captain....that piece of crap...he..he was going to kill that Soul...she was turning into a Hollow...dammit!!... and he didnt do anything to even TRY to save her...he was just going to strike her down...he didnt even say anything..."

Tears began to swell at the leaders eyes...adding to the anger... "She was so pretty...she....and i...she....we.....we were so happy....THAT A$$hole Captain....he didnt do a dam thing to help us...her.......so i had to stop him..."

It became clear enough to Taro now...he didnt need to hear any more. He interrupted the unstable man... "sir...please do not continue...it will mean nothing to help your situation and will not bring her back...and will only make you more angry...you have as much power to change laws as i do...and you know that...attacking a Captain..." he was cutoff by the man's loud voice...

The man's hands clenched tighter, his face redder....his voice louder "...you defend that piece of $hit and you have never met him???... you are all alike...you think you have the right...you... HE....he killed my sweet...." the man's tears over took him as his head bowed down.

Taro briefly looked over to see that his men had subdued the other eight escapees, and were tying them up. Taro then pointed over to them.... "...you are alone now...you have no chance...stop this...give up now and you will not be harmed..."

The man's head came up and his face was no longer red, his eyes were dark and it seemed like all his muscles were tightened as he looked on to Taro. "You will pay for HIS mistake Shinigami...i coudlnt get him then...but i can get YOU now....and you will pay for killing her...and putting in this prison to die"

The large leader lunged and ran forward toward Taro at full speed, his hands to his sides, he didnt scream or yell....and he was FAST.

5ft,....4ft...3ft..2ft!!! He brought his right hand up and went to punch Taro in the face. And it was a fast punch, Taro brought his hand up to grab his hand, but missed as the man was faster than he seemed. The man's punch connected on Taro's shoulder, as he had been able to move fast enough to glance the blow onto his shoulder....but it hurt...if it had been his face, Taro would have lost some teeth without a doubt.

"UGH!" Taro grimaced.

Taro reached up and rubbed his shoulder, them an hadnt broken anything, but that was no weak attack.

After connecting his blow the man continued on past Taro, and skidded to a halt, before spinning in his place and running back towards Taro.

Taro thought to himself...it was not unheard of for a Shinigami to spar and harm their own Captain from time to time, even in rarest circumstances anger might even be involved. Some of the Captain;s even promoting dangerous sparring including themselves even. But all out attacking a Captain, even with a good reason was a big no-no, but even then placing them in the Maggot's NEst seemed harsh....but after feeling the weight of the man's attack it seemed obvious he not only attacked a Captain, he probably hurt him pretty bad, and depending on the Captain that could very well get you locked up.

Taro would not underestimate the man anymore, he watched as the man approached him quickly. He was not faster than Taro, but he had surprised him. Taro figured to return the favor.

As the man closed in for another attack, Taro pulled out his zanpaktuo from its sheath saying its name and its command phrase.

"NOMI NO SUKUNE!! "Hand of fate, your fingers spread wide!!"

In a flash his sword turned into a large general's war fan, he held with one hand, kanji written on each face of the fan. Taro held it up towards the man as he approached who swung his fist at him with speed and high force.

This time however, the punch did not land, instead the man's hand rebounded along with his body as a large brilliant blue energy "shield" had extended a few feet from the edges of the fan. The man hit the ground as he bounced of the blue energy.

The escapee grimaced, and sprung to his feet and rushed back in, and met the same fate, falling to the ground. He did this 5...6...7 more times, each time he weakened, and Taro looked on through the blue energy each time.

The other five unseated 10th Division Shinigami had rounded up the other unconscious escapees and the one who had given up already and had them tied up in a line, the conscious ones carrying the unconscious ones. One unseated stood at the head of the line, another at the end, the other three ambled towards Taro and the leader as he kept on with his futility. Their eyes weakened each time the man attacked, 10...12...14th time falling to the ground. They grimaced as they watched the man as he bloodied himself and stumbled more and more on each strike. Then they looked to Taro, who looked on to the man with pain in HIS own eyes.

The escapee wasnt even attacking Taro anymore, he just couldnt stop. Taro felt sad for the man, this was all he had left in him...anger...frustration...and for all the years he was inside he had no recourse he could take. Taro WANTED him to stop, but he couldnt bring it in him to do so, would anyone act any different in the man's situation? Would we all not lash out at those who would attack/kill the ones we love, no matter who they were? A Shinigami's morals often seem to clearly defined by the law, but are rarely if ever that clear when love is involved.

The man stumbled to his feet after the 20th 'attack', he could barely hold his hands up, he stumbled forward towards Taro again. His fists came up and he swung weakly at Taro. Taro's blue shield did not come up this time, he moved his war fan to the side and let it strike him on the chest. It didnt hurt...the man's other hand came up and swung at Taro's chest and he let it hit him as well....it didnt hurt either. Then the man slumped forward onto Taro, tears filled his eyes....as his clenched hands lay on Taro's large chest.

"why...why....bastards....why...why...bastards.... why.." the man murmured repeatedly, his mental state so fragile that he couldnt even compose himself.

The man's legs gave out from underneath him, and Taro grabbed the man by his torn prisoner's outfit keeping him from falling. Taro's zanpaktuo returned to its sealed form and he re-sheathed it quickly, then grabbed the man with his other hand, both hands now on the escapees shoulders. Taro looked down to the man, pity in his eyes and compassion in his grip.

Taro then looked over to the unseated members nearby, who came running up, two of them grabbing the man, tying him up briefly before carrying him along with the others.

Taro looked to the prisoners, now back in their bonds. Then looked to his men, each had bruises form the encounter. Taro reached up to his shoulder, rubbing it slightly, he even had one.

He adjusts his robes a bit, re-situating his zanpaktuo, then said to his men in a somber voice before waiving to them to follow him as he began to move off.
    "nice work men...now let's get them out of here and back with the others..."
    Normally Taro was lighthearted after a fight, but this was not the same nor the time for it.

They moved away for a while and then the one unseated not with the prisoners walked up and next to the large Taro, the young man waited a few steps before speaking up "....Sir... what's the deal with that guy? he barely put up a fight..."

They walked a bit farther before Taro responded softly..."sometimes the Maggot's Nest is not for protecting those inside from those of us outside, but more to protect them from themselves..."

Taro continued on without another word taking their time bringing the prisoners back to the now designated area for loose escapees. As they arrived and he checked them in, he made sure the prisoner with his autograph was allowed to keep the paper on him at least for the time being using his rank to get the favor done. Then he ordered his men to go and assist the other squads nearby. Taro looked them all in the eyes before the left, making sure they knew he was proud of them. They all bowed deeply in respect to their 3rd Seat before rushing off as ordered.

Taro watched them go before scanning the area for his dear friend Misaki, he figured she would still be around with the Kido Corps setting up barriers around the Nest. It had been a long and crazy day, and he knew her face and smile would help relax him.

He was not sure what the aftermath of all of this was going to be, nor did he know the full extent of the damage, but he knew for sure there would be plenty of work to do. Now where exactly was his Lt and Cpt..?

---------------------

(Near Taro's and his 5 unseated's fight and victory observing from a distance)

9th DIVISION

The small five person squad of 9th Division Shinigami watched as the 3rd seat and his men gathered the escapees and headed off. The leader of the group looked to the other men, all of which had paper and pen out and were writing feverishly, he waited for them to stop and catch their eyes in his before he nodded to them all. They all nodded in return and headed off as a group farther around the perimeter of the collapse, towards the next bit scene of activity to observe and document.
    Misaki Ichimyouri

Taro would find Misaki sitting on the ground gazing up towards the sky at the Hell Butterflies fluttering about. She finally turns her gaze slightly to see Taro to which she hops to her feet with a big grin on her face.
    Hey Taro. Are you finished gathering up escapees already?
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru nodded to his long-time friend and led his Vice-Captain from the office.

"I... have a couple of ideas in that regard, sir. I'll forward my findings along with my reports." Upon dismissal, Nagamichi bowed and replied, "By your leave, soutaichou."

As he followed Masaru outside, after they'd walked for a short while within the 1st, he commented, "There's something on your mind. What is it?"
    Masaru holds his hand up in a gesture for silence. He looks at Soushi, looks around them, and then lightly shakes his head.

'Not here' is the fairly clear message. A public hallway was no place for such talk.

He did take a moment to again smile and nod at Natsuko.

Only after they'd exited the First Division entirely did he speak up.

"While I am overall please with what you did, Soushi, I am still...discomforted. I appreciate the need for secrecy, but of all the people you could trust with the knowledge of what you were doing, I'd have thought I'd be one of them. Caution in trailing Kujo is warranted, but I severely doubt he could intercept silent text messages.

If nothing else, updates every couple of hours would have been good. But otherwise...good work.
    "

He sighed, staring off into the distance.

"That Arrancar...she was definitely the Primera. It took a fair amount of power, skill, and effort to make her quit the field of battle. I worry that we're becoming dull blades, Soushi. I have been a bit lax in my own training, of late."

He looks to his most trusted officer with a half-smile.

"We of the 8th always strive for a balanced approach to combat, yes? I'm thinking I need to refresh myself a bit more in the coming days. Perhaps while you formalize that idea you mentioned to the Commander."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"I realize I've let you down in that regard, sir, and I'm sorry. As I mentioned to Tsukada-soutaichou, there was a fair amount of risk involved - and they were difficult to spy on. I was nearly discovered on at least two separate occasions - my skill at Kyokko was the only thing that kept me out of their sight. Kujo was very perceptive.

Understand that it was not my distrust in you in any way. I feared to raise an alarm when the enemy had no clear destination - not only would it give me away, they might try to distract any pursuit party. It is why I only communicated when I did.

I understand the sentiment behind your fear, sir. Hueco Mundo, from what we know, is an ambient of constant strife. It stands to reason they're as dangerous as they proved. With any luck, they're less organized - we may be safe for a short period of time. A month, at my most optimistic guess.

We need to erect a new defense network to compensate for the one they've breached. My idea might be best described as crazy by some - I was thinking of building an energy wall powered by the Soukyoku in the space between Hueco Mundo and the Dangai. But no matter how I look at it, this would necessitate an expedition into Hueco Mundo itself."

"Crazy" doesn't begin to describe it.

"I will do everything I can to protect Soul Society, Masaru-taichou. No matter what is required of me."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"The fact that I'm not making your punishment worse should be sufficient evidence that I understand your reasons, Soushi. Perhaps we can also petition the 12th for a stealthier method of communication? Or just ask the 2nd Division, I suppose. Sneaking about seems their cup of tea."

He looks thoughtful at the suggestion.

"In theory, it has potential. I can't begin to speculate on it, though. I'd say you should write up as thorough of an idea as you can, then send it to both the 12th Division, and the Kido Corps. I know, they don't get along that well. But each might have insights that the others lack.

What brought you to the estimate of a month, if I may ask/
    "

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

"We need to look into that, definitely.

Now... that's an unlikely marriage if I ever saw one. I should bring a camera for the nuptials. This is part of the reason the idea is crazy.

As for my estimate... it is at best an educated guess, and a very optimistic one at that. We probably have less time. I wager that's how long we have until the Primera recovers and they assemble a force sizable enough to overrun us, or at least attempt it. Now that they have a way to deploy into Soul Society, they have little need to concern themselves with anything but firepower: the Hollows have an easy way in and out, while we have no easy methods of deployment into their home turf. We need to either compensate for their advantage or devise an entirely different strategy, but most importantly, we need time to come up with either."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Masaru gives a short bark of laughter.

"A video camera, to be sure.

But to accomplish what you seek, "crazy" ideas have to be embraced. Honestly, I cannot say whether I support your idea; not yet. Only in the heat of battle should one choose strategy on first whim and gut instinct. We have the time to think this over, so we must.

And your reasoning seems sound for your timeline.

I can't say I don't have some strategies for a strike into Hueco Mundo. But they are sadly outdated; without new information, there is little I can do for them. Even if your Wall is temporary, we may be able to gather the information so that the time we have allows us to formulate a better strategy.
    "

Masaru claps his right-hand-man on the shoulder with a smile, before he begins moving at a comparatively sedate pace (for him) towards the 8th Division HQ building.

"Come, much work to be done, little time to do it in. You know the drill."

'What would I do without Soushi here to help me?'

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

It's a good thing Soushi can't hear thoughts.

He wouldn't really know how to deal with that one.

"That's the plight of good men - never to stop, lest evil triumphs." He offered with a light chuckle.

"Wish it was easier to gather intelligence into that place, seriously."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    INVASION DAY

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division: The Rukongai 63rd District, at the communications screen inside the Ryuunosuke Castle proper with five 9th Division members, speaking with the 5th Cpt.

Hirokatsu heard Osamu's words clearly, yet he did not want to accept them as he felt he was NOT too old to protect the Soul Society. Hirokatsu was old, but he was still able to do what was called for. Hiroaktsu knew this discussion was far from over with Osamu, but he knew how Osamu had moved on, that it was for another time, and Hirokatsu agreed very much with that.

Hearing of the attack on the Seretei, Hirokatsu was startled to hear that the 'assault' had happened at all, making Hirokatsu shift his wait a bit as his brow furrowed slightly, and that it was 'in hand' was good, but that it was not entirely certain made Hirokatsu less than comfortable. But that it came to that made Hirokatsu worry. His men behind him shuffled slightly hearing of an "assault", though none of them spoke from their kneeling position behind Hirokatsu.

Hirokatsu almost interrupted Osamu at this point taking a breath and his mouth opening to say "....how did whomever assaulted the Seretei get in?"...but decided against speaking it and instead stood quietly listening

As Osamu spoke of the missing Hell butterfly, and of it being too much of a coincidence. Hirokatsu paused thinking for a moment, bringing his left hand up to stroke his upturned chin beard slightly a few times.

Hirokatsu looked up at the monitor, at his old friend, his eyes were open slightly looking through his long eyebrows. He spoke with some curiosity in his tone, as if he was throwing out ideas, albeit informed ones.

"hmmm....well...there were those fires that happened at the Kido Corps grounds....i'm not sure they were ever solved as to their cause...." he trailed off a bit as his hand again rose up to his face..this time stoking his long mustache a bit as he think "...and i think a young Kido Corps member went missing at that same time...i think it was a twin if my memory serves...i just assumed she had perished in the fire..." he trailed off again...thinking to himself... "...also..." he hesitated for moment... "...all the Captains being promoted to the Zero Division...that was only a few days ago..." he trailed off again....

Hirokatsu shook off himself vocalizing his thoughts. Looking up to Osamu, he said...with more surety "...Osamu-sama...perhaps if we relinquish our assumptions, we can come to find a course of action...if the girls disappearance and the fire were NOT cause and effect...then that would be two more HIGHLY unlikely coincidences in the same place......and as for Captains promotions...their timing seems painfully convenient as well......" trailing off

Hirokatsu waited a moment... then said again to his old friend. "Regardless...i agree, i shall return immediately to the Seretei..."

He looked up to the old man on the screen, it saddened Hiroaktsu to see him not in good health, but he did not dare show that in his demeanor. A sick Osamu was still a force to reckon with and not one to be applied something as trivial as pity.

Hirokatsu awaited Osamu's response, his closed umbrella held with both hands horizontally behind his back at the waist, he looked up to the Cpt.
    Osamu, Invasion Day

"Then I shall await your return with baited breath." Osamu says with a solemn nod to his old friend, a hidden smile twitching on his face as he gives another nod to one of the 5th Division members in the foreground to cut the transmission. Jikkousu pushes her seat back as the large screen in Ryuunosuke Castle goes dark, letting out a breath she hadn't known she'd been holding. Apparently being under the scrutiny of her superior officer and family head had being weighing on her nerves more then the embarrassed young woman had thought!

"Well there you have it Vice Captain, I doubt my grandfather would be nonchalant if the Seireitei was in true danger." she says brightly, standing up authoritatively, "Is there something else that we can help you with here or will you be on your way?"

===============================================

Wrinkled hands lifted a zanpakuto just an inch above the ground before tapping it down, the loud noise echoing in the 5th Division central chamber though it doesn't draw any notice. There was far too much important work being carried out for Osamu to garner much attention beyond the two women of his household flanking him.

"Is something wrong Jiji?"

"Heh, that Goto boy is as headstrong as I was when I was that young. The Seireitei needs more men like him around these days." Osamu murmurs to himself as he slouches a bit in his comfortable chair, there was no need to strain his back with proper posture if there wasn't anyone to appreciate the gesture in the first place! "Niwa-chan, make a note to send my approval of Hirokatsu as a captain to the Captain Commander, it should help to ease the process of selecting a replacement for the 9th Division."

"Of course ojii-san." the woman on his right says dutifully, quickly noting it down on a notepad pulled from the sleeve of her shihakusho. The message would be dispatched soon, though how quickly Ryouichi got it was another matter entirely.

Osamu was still smiling when he began to cough hoarsely, reaching up to quickly cover his mouth as his back heaved. Watery blue eyes grow a bit hazy as he doubles over, feeling a dampness on the back of his closed fist.

Blood.

"Jiji!"

"Ojii-san!"

"Osamu-tachou!"

"*cough* *cough* What *cough* do you all think you are doing?! Stay at your stations!" He roars through his coughing fit as numerous 5th Division officials turn towards him, worry clear on their faces at the sight of their captain coughing up blood. As his two attendants quickly rest their hands on his arms and shoulders, gently leaning him back, he speaks once more though in a far gentler tone. "Niwa, Kamiko, help me up. It's time."

At his words, the women share a despairing look but nod soundlessly as they help their ancestor to his feet, acting as his support as he proudly exited the 5th Division comm center to the accompanying, if slightly more frantic, noise of his Division at work. They'd been trained well, he had no reason to fear for their fate. However, as they travel through the halls of 5th Division, the ailing old man attracts more and more attention from concerned members of his family who silently fall into line behind him, forming a solemn retinue as Osamu leads them out into one of the many gardens that house the Hell Butterflies. Kamiko and Niwa help him along the paved path to one of the small meadows ringed by flower bushes and a cherry blossom tree that he had planted himself centuries ago. Only here does he wave them off, stumbling forwards until he can gingerly lower himself down with his back against the tree.

Hello my old friend...it seems you shall outlive me after all... he thinks fondly as one rough hand slides along the smooth bark, still smiling as he begins to cough once more. Already a white glow has begun to emanate from his body as his reiryoku began to break apart and merge with his surroundings. The sight causes several members of the Ryuunosuke household to gasp, tears coming to many of their eyes. Osamu had been many things to all of them. Grandfather, mentor, confidant, but above all else...he had always been there. The Seireitei itself had changed and grown but Osamu had always seemed to be the same, the single unchanging feature

...and now he was dying. As if they too sensed what was happening, the Hell Butterflies flew in close and alighted upon Osamu's body as it grew still and the life fled from him, zanpakuto laid out across his lap with one hand on it's hilt as if ready for battle even now. Perhaps that's how he had dreamed of dying, in battle, but now...with the content smile on his face as his body disintegrated into reishi, all there knew.

He was dying happy. Content with his accomplishments and how he had served. As the Ryuunosuke house fell to their knees, many weeping for the elder they had lost, they also knew that he finally returned to the cycle of reincarnation that he had fought and bled to defend.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's a good thing Soushi can't hear thoughts.

He wouldn't really know how to deal with that one.

"That's the plight of good men - never to stop, lest evil triumphs." He offered with a light chuckle.

"Wish it was easier to gather intelligence into that place, seriously."
    "It is the burden we bear, I suppose.

And I share your wish. But I fear we'd either constantly be risking lives...or risk alerting the Ghost King and his minions of what is transpiring. No stealth, be it for man or machine, is perfect.
    "

Masaru stops on a rooftop and frowns. After a few moments, he shakes his head, his frown deeper. He resumes his journey, his pace quickened.

"Faster. I suddenly got a very bad feeling..."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

[1st Division]
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko arrives at the door of Ryouchi's office. "Daisuke, can you knock? My hands are full at the moment."
    Daisuke seemed to be shivering, though whether it was from excitement at seeing the Captain-General, fear at seeing the aforementioned man, or just from sheer exhaustion was hard to tell.

"Ah! Yes, Natsuko-taichou!" He said, moving up to knock on the door. His hand rapped on the imposing door once...twice...three times in total, in a certain rhythm that was indicative of the third division, or at least the division under Sakura. Which it wasn't anymore, Daisuke thought sadly. But he kept a brave face on for Natsuko-Taichou and the Captain-General.

[10th Division]

Seiko stared at Karite's back as the man was led away, then turned back to his captain.

"I hope they find a way to fix him," he commented to his captain. "I'd hate to have to beat down Karite-kun a second time." He stood up shakily and moved to follow his captain back to their own division.

"So, what's next on our agenda? I imagine that there's some work to be done rebuilding and whatnot, but that's not really our line of work..." He trailed off. Seiko seemed to have recovered somewhat from his massive injuries, but he was still walking shakily.

But he wasn't the only one who looked...off. "Michiko-taichou, are you all right? You've seemed...I don't know. Just off somehow since we fought the arrancar." Seiko wasn't the most tactful of Vice-Captains, but he was perceptive.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

"It is the burden we bear, I suppose.

And I share your wish. But I fear we'd either constantly be risking lives...or risk alerting the Ghost King and his minions of what is transpiring. No stealth, be it for man or machine, is perfect.
    "

Masaru stops on a rooftop and frowns. After a few moments, he shakes his head, his frown deeper. He resumes his journey, his pace quickened.

"Faster. I suddenly got a very bad feeling..."
    "Very well, sir." Soushi didn't know what had him so shook up, but it was bound to be something... interesting.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division]

Himura Michiko watches after the policemen for a long while. "They won't", she whispers back at Seiko. "They won't fix him." She turns to look past Seiko and the other divisioners still standing by.

"Attention!"
    , she caws. Then, "Dismissed!" The various soldiers glance each other, then scatter to fill in those who'd stayed behind. Michiko herself turns to walk away as well... towards the memorial chamber where blades of the fallen are kept.

"Would you mind following me, Seiko-kun?"
    , she asks, but does not stop or even look over her shoulder to see if he is coming.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko nods her thanks to Taro, then enters, still holding Hikari, and looks at Ryouchi. "Did you hear what happened at 4th?"

She's not trying to be rude, but she needs to get straight to the point here.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-04-22 at 02:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

[1st Division]

Daisuke nodded to Eiji as he held open the door for them. "Thank you, Eiji-san!" He piped cheerfully as they passed.

After entering, Daisuke stood slightly behind Natsuko and to her right as they stood before the Captain-General. The older man looked very majestic and imposing to Daisuke, and he couldn't think of anything to say. Just as well, because it was Natsuko who was already talking.

[11th Division]

Seiko stared at his captain's back after her pessimistic statement. "I'm sure that there's some way they can fix him," he muttered to himself as he hurried to catch up with her.

He stood at attention by her side when she called the division to attention, and then dismissed them just as quickly. What was with her? He knew that she had been severely shaken by something, and his only guess what had caused it was something that he would rather not think about. But it was the only thing that he could think of that would shake Michiko so completely.

As he fell back in step behind, he recognized the path they were taking. It was the same path they always took when Michiko had things to think about. "Michiko-taichou." He finally said, walking behind her. "I know something's wrong. What happened?"
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-04-22 at 01:58 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Very well, sir." Soushi didn't know what had him so shook up, but it was bound to be something... interesting.
    It wasn't long before they were at 8th Division. Once there, Masaru was a flurry of activity, orders going out to all corners of the Seireitei. They had Captains missing or incapacitated, so it fell to 1st and 8th to help keep order.

When word came to him about the death of Captain Osamu, Masaru paused in his duties. Slowly, he walked over to a nearby chair, slumping down in it. He removed his reading glasses and ran a hand over his face.

"Something we didn't need today."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

"Captain, I can handle things here. Go to the 5th. Say your goodbyes." Soushi offered, placing a hand on Masaru's shoulder.

Give the mice some time alone...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko nods her thanks to Taro, then enters, still holding Hikari, and looks at Ryouchi. "Did you hear what happened at 4th?"

She's not trying to be rude, but she needs to get straight to the point here.
    "There was an explosion. One confirmed casualty. Otherwise catching up." Ryouichi keeps his speaking as brief as possible, signs something, then looks up to Natsuko as he performs the summoning ritual for several hell butterflies.

"Is there some elaboration you would like to deliver yourself, Hayashi-taichou?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!