New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wizards WW

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Wizards WW

A focal point of magical energy has been found, and those who can sense it flock to its location. But not all who come are peaceful...

Internet Flea, The Grimmace and maybe others present...
    Wizards WW

Internet Flea, The Grimmace and maybe others make no guarantee about the balance, narration quality or level of sanity to be expected during play.
    Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

Every Day, the players will vote to lynch somebody, and will choose someone to pass a generated point to. Players can target themselves with their point. Players must perform both actions per day or neither the vote nor the point will count. Generated Spell points that are not passed are lost.
    As players die, their generated spell points will be randomly passed to living players (without overlaps unless everyone is getting one already.) A sorceror's additional points will be passed randomly to another sorceror upon their death.
    Players with more than one point or vote can use the additional points/vote via PM, though they still must use one in thread. Narrators assume players are passing additional points to themselves, and any additional votes are following the in-thread vote, unless PMed otherwise.

Every Night, players with points can use them to cast spells (Scry, Bane, etc.). If two spells are used in the same night (two people Scrying/ Killing/ etc.), interference will result. The weaker spell will fail, though it may still have an effect of some kind. The stronger spell will have a 100/x chance of still working, where x is the number of interfering spells (two Scries will result in one failing and the other having a 50% chance of success; three scries results in two failing and the third having a 33% chance) . Interference will not be announced.

Players can PM the Narrators with their spell action and link it to their point or vote the next day. The spell will then target whoever they point or vote for the next Day, whenever they point or vote for them. Spells cast in this way take precedence in the order they are cast; that is, if two day spells would interfere only the second one will suffer from interference, and if it is stronger than the first it will still have its chance of working. Linked spells will not resolve until the end of the Day.

Players with extra points can use them to augment the spell’s effects, making them less likely to fail due to interference (+10% per extra point; a +2 spell will have a 20% chance of success even if it is not the strongest spell) and more likely to override conflicting spells. A sufficiently powerful Scry or Kill will work even if the target is Disguised or Baned [Scry or Kill must be at least four two points more powerful than the Disguise or Bane.].

Players with enough points can cast multiple spells. A player can target a second target at the cost to cast another spell. Affinity does not apply for the second spell. If one player casts the same spell twice, they will not interfere with each other, though they will still suffer from interference if anyone else casts one

Points will expire at the end of the night. Points can be stored for an additional night at the cost of one point. Stored points cannot be passed or stored again.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Guy Roles: Generate one point per day. Need four points to cast a spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Voyant- - can cast Scry for only one point.
    Barrier- - can cast Bane for only one point.
    Unchecked- - Has three votes.
    Pupils- - Start knowing each other.
    Pilgrims- - Ordinary villagers.

Bad Guy Roles: Generate two points per day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorcerors: Start in contact with each other. Each sorcerer has an affinity for one spell, which they can cast for only one point. Other spells cost three for sorcerers to cast.
    First Sorceror affinity: Kill
    Second Sorcerer affinity: Disguise
    Third Sorcerer affinity: Scry
    Fourth/up: surprises.

Neutral Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It’s a surprise.

Not all roles will be used. (There will be bad guys, I assure you.)

(Incomplete) spell list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scry
    Bane
    Kill
    Day-Bane (if the target is lynched, he survives; cannot be linked to a point)
    Lynch Protection (negates a lynch vote against the target. Can be cast during the day.)
    Void (cancels targets spells. If the targeted spell is +3 or more than the void, instead reduces spells effectiveness to baseline.)
    Vortex (targets two players; any spells targeting a vortexed player take effect on the other vortexed player. More powerful Vortexes make vortexed spells more powerful.)
    Point/Vote Vortex (any points for lynch or spell points will be transferred to the other vortexed player. More powerful point vortexes make vortexed points and votes count for more.)
    Point/Vote Augmentation (affects spell points and the lynch vote, adds two votes/points at base spell cost and one more for every point past that)
    Silence (cannot post in thread/PM for the day; if the spell resolved during the day, cannot post, PM or cast spells during the night).
    Point/Vote Nullification (passed spell points are negated and lynch vote does not count)
    Disguise (scry as a different role)

If you have a question, please ask before the game begins. We will not be answering questions after game start, in case somebody's tactics would get ruined.

Game will begin when I have twenty players and all questions have been addressed, or if we go four days without any new sign-ups.

Players:

1. banjo1985
    2. Ramsus Killed Night 2
    3. Xanmyral
    4. TigerFang Lynched Day 3
    5. bladescape Killed Night 1
    6. cd4 Killed Night 3
    7. billtodamax Lynched Day 1
    8. Gray Mage
    9. TsukikoJ
    10. Tydude
    11. BobTheFerret
    12. Lord Loss
    13. Khal
    14. smuchmuch Killed Night 2
    15. PirateMonk Lynched Day 2
    16. Dr. Paradox
    17. Narkis
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-08-11 at 09:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wizards WW

Looks complicated, but I'm in!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Looks amusing, I'm in.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks entertaining, so I'm in.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds like fun. I'm in.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Boing*

What're you all looking at me for?

There should be a Bladescape Constant, any werewolf game that appears, I will immediately join.

*Boing*

...Unless, of course, I'm narrating it. But then, I've auto joined, haven't I? Oh, and that's an 'IN' to IF and Grimmace.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think I will join.

Can you clarify that I have this right in the description I am using the word mana to indicate spell points as it helps clarify things better:

Day

Players vote for a lynching.
    Players gain 1 mana which they publically announce in the thread who gets the mana.
    Some players (evil and neutral) get more points that they keep or PM the narrators with who gets the extra points.

End of Day

Delayed spells get cast
    Player is lynched or day-baned.

Night

Players redeem Mana for spells.
    Players may choose to have the spell cast now or delay until the next day.
    Players may instead pay 1 mana and keep the remaining mana for the next night.

End of Night

Night spells get cast.
    Someone might die.

Spell casting

Will cause interference if two players cast the same spell in the same phase (Day or Night). If one spell is augmented more than the other it will dispel the other and have a proportional chance of failing itself. Augmented spells improve the chance of the spell still working.

Questions:

If two players cast the same spell with neither augmenting it which spell wins the interference?
    Is the barrier's bane spell (1 mana) and pilgrim's bane spell (4 mana) equal in strength and likewise for the other spell casters with affinity for a spell?
    If a pilgrim augments their scry spell by 1 (5 mana used) is this enough to penetrate the disguise of the second sorcerer who is not augmenting his spell (1 mana used)?
    With the unchecked is the ability that their vote is worth three in the tallying or that they can point once in thread and PM the narrators with two other players to get a lynch vote? Can the unchecked turn this ability off when they want to?
    If mana are lost each night then how will a villager be able to cast a spell without several people trusting a complete unknown?
    Can a player post in the thread that they are giving the mana to Player A and then PM the narrators and actually say they are giving the mana to Player B?
    Do spells cast at night interfere with spells cast that night but delayed until the day?

8. - Top - End - #8

I'll be in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Can you clarify that I have this right in the description I am using the word mana to indicate spell points as it helps clarify things better:
    ...I'm sad that I didn't think to do that.

I'm using point to refer to mana, and vote to refer to lynching. (I think I am, anyway.)

You have the Day/Night pattern right, yes. Keep in mind that spells delayed until the day must follow the caster's public point or vote during that day (which one it will be following should be specified during the night. "Scry +1, linked to tomorrow's vote", for example.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post

Questions:

1. If two players cast the same spell with neither augmenting it which spell wins the interference?
    2. Is the barrier's bane spell (1 mana) and pilgrim's bane spell (4 mana) equal in strength and likewise for the other spell casters with affinity for a spell?
    3. If a pilgrim augments their scry spell by 1 (5 mana used) is this enough to penetrate the disguise of the second sorcerer who is not augmenting his spell (1 mana used)?
    4 With the unchecked is the ability that their vote is worth three in the tallying or that they can point once in thread and PM the narrators with two other players to get a lynch vote? Can the unchecked turn this ability off when they want to?
    5. If mana are lost each night then how will a villager be able to cast a spell without several people trusting a complete unknown?
    6. Can a player post in the thread that they are giving the mana to Player A and then PM the narrators and actually say they are giving the mana to Player B?
    7. Do spells cast at night interfere with spells cast that night but delayed until the day?
    1. If two spells of the same strength interfere with each other, they both fail (but still have the Augmented chance of success if they were augmented).
    2. Yes. An affinity spell and a standard spell are equal in strength, the only difference is the cost of casting.
    3. A pilgrim putting five mana into Scry means they are casting Scry +1, which is not enough to penetrate a base Disguise. (I should probably lower that success number to +2, though.)
    4. The unchecked gets two hidden votes that they can use on whomever they wish. They can have 3 votes on one person, 2 votes on one bandwagon and one on another, or one vote on three separate wagons. Since two votes are hidden and not necessarily related to the public vote, I don't see a reason for them to turn it off.
    5. That's much of the point of the setup; every day you choose who you trust least and lynch them, and you choose who you trust most and give them powers.
    6. All players must cast one vote and pass one point of mana publicly. This cannot be changed by PM, but can be changed in thread until the end of the Day by crossing out and pointing at someone else.
    7. Spells delayed until the day will only interfere with other spells delayed until the day.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

You may count me in.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #11

Me please :)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm actually not in any WW games right now so I'll join.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

There may well be cliché adventurers meeting inside me at this very moment, because I am inn!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shapeshifters 2 WW
    It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Gooooooo Colonials!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheFerret View Post
    There may well be cliché adventurers meeting inside me at this very moment, because I am inn!
    Oh the joys of terrible puns.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to join, if I may!
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss View Post
    I would like to join, if I may!
    You may indeed. That leaves eight spots.

I'm looking at the current setup, and I'm thinking it would work better if the points generated was always equal to the starting number of players, and get redistributed when players die. (So a game of twenty people would always have twenty points even if there are only seven players still alive.)

What do people think?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds interesting and seems like it would still let a side with only non-power roles against all power roles have a fighting chance at victory.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll join, if at all possible.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khal View Post
    I'll join, if at all possible.
    While technically possible, it requires gathering the head, arms, legs, tail and torso of the Immortal Warrior from their respective shrines, then reassembling him using the power of love--and ludicrous amounts of duck tape--in time to fight the Eternal Evil. Assembling his hands and feet are optional but recommended.

I'll put your name on the list as a placeholder until you're finished.

(())
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2011-07-22 at 10:19 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Does putting your heart in a jar and hiding it where no man, woman, or child can ever find it so as to be virtually unkillable count for the power of love?

Edit: Not that I did that or anything. Just asking.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-07-22 at 03:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds complicated and I'm probably going to be lost by day 2. But I'm kinda bored. So in, if you would have me.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2011-07-22 at 05:06 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Does putting your heart in a jar and hiding it where no man, woman, or child can ever find it so as to be virtually unkillable count for the power of love?

Edit: Not that I did that or anything. Just asking.
    You mean like Tubba Blubba? I don't think so.

23. - Top - End - #23

I'll join this.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    While technically possible, it requires gathering the head, arms, legs, tail and torso of the Immortal Warrior from their respective shrines, then reassembling him using the power of love--and ludicrous amounts of duck tape--in time to fight the Eternal Evil. Assembling his hands and feet are optional but recommended.

I'll put your name on the list as a placeholder until you're finished.

(())
    That's sounds hard and dangerous. Can't I just join the Eternal Evil?
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMonk View Post
    I'll join this.

That's sounds hard and dangerous. Can't I just join the Eternal Evil?
    You can, but it involves pillaging the head, arms, legs, tail and torso of the Immortal Warrior from their respective shrines and destroying them with the power of hate --and ludricous amounts of flammable materials-- before the Eternal Evil has to go through the inevitable climactic battle.

...have you joined this game? You should join this game.

25. - Top - End - #25

You can, but it involves pillaging the head, arms, legs, tail and torso of the Immortal Warrior from their respective shrines and destroying them with the power of hate --and ludricous amounts of flammable materials-- before the Eternal Evil has to go through the inevitable climactic battle.
    I'll take my chances. If Khal or someone else successfully reassembles the Immortal Warrior, I can always defect again.

...have you joined this game? You should join this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMonk View Post
    I'll join this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

5 more slots available. Recruitment ends in 24 hours, and the game itself will probably start in 48 hours.

I've only seen Ramsus post on the new spell point idea, so unless other people voice an opinion the version currently in the ruleset will be the one I use.

27. - Top - End - #27

I like it, and personally I think it should be used.

>.>
    <.<

I totally posted this a few posts up. *Waves hand like Mage-Jedi.*
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think the new one would make for a more interesting game.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

...meh. I'll just make it a vote; points tied to individual players (so each player always has one, plus one per Sorceror) or pooled and distributed evenly to living players (so there will always be [# of starting players] points in play, plus one per Sorceror). Whichever version gets the most votes will be used. The other will be killed. Gruesomely.

Voting begins now and ends in 48 hours (at game start).

30. - Top - End - #30

Pooled, rounding down.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show