New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Intergalactic Warfare 2.0 IC

The Grand Flame nodded once more and spoke Indeed, these "Zerg" must be a potent threat to warrant such a radical reaction to their presence, we should speak more of this and other threats, so we might be better prepared to face these them combined.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"I agree, The Zerg are currently of little real threat to us, despite their prowess, for our fleets and warriors have extreme mobility where we can avoid most engagements if warranted, and they have no way to discern the location of our major worlds. Though, should you encounter them, I would recommend extreme measures as they can rapidly grow out of control if they are not quarantined. Though they would normally be a greater threat, our own former Executor Tassader sacrificed himself heroically to take down the head of their hivemind, the Overmind, a vastly powerful psionic intelligent creature, and now they are disparate disorganized groups. What of the threats that face your people? Perhaps our combined forces can make quick work of them." Shen'el Khal said.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

The Grand Flame smiled There are few, if any, current threats to us, and they all lie with the different human factions, and so far diplomacy seems to be working far too effectively to resort to violence when none is needed, any threats to us were either destroyed utterly, or have now become our greatest assets As he said this he nodded to the various other alien species which belong to the Tau Empire.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"I see, It is unfortunate, but I must take my leave now." Shen'el Khal as he called for his phase prism. "However, to cement our alliance, if you wish, i can warp in a few defensive structures and warp gates, should you ever need reinforcement, we can arrive in a much more timely fashion then our warp drives."

__________________________________________________ ______________
    Out in deep space, the rest of Shen'el Khal's fleet drifted at a leisurely pace, as
    it analyzed results from the numerous observers that were sent out, surveying the local systems.

(Anyone feel free to jump in at this point.)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

... meanwhile, in a neutral system...

The Replicant Harvesting entity 'Bhaal' warps in. Technological development of the system is discerned to be below a threatening threshold. While frantic radio messages attempt peaceful communication, the fleet arrays itself around the system.

With discharges of directed artificial gravity visible as massive warping of the background stars, the cone-shaped vessels fire, charge, then fire again. The radio messages increase briefly, several chemical rockets are launched from the life-covered planet and easily defeated. Then, silence.

Slowly, with an awe-inspiring magesty, the inhabited planet breaks up, pulling itself apart into a cloud of asteroids. The unnoccupied stars follow shortly. Silently, with a deliberate grace, the Fleet Ship flows inwards, as the spheres and diamonds begin to sling chunks of matter into its path. The cone ships continue to break up the planets into asteroid clouds.

Gradually, the Bhaal main vessel moves inward, Growing in size as it incorporates the extra matter. After the system is nothing but a barren star and replicator vessels, they rejoin the main vessel. In a surge of gravitation, a black hole is generated just out of danger range of the star.

The star accelerates up to .993 C, then, in a surge of energy, is boosted into low warp towards the target system.

A new factory system has been designated.

ooc :
    Spoiler
    Show
    just posting this so anyone interested in a conflict 'plot hook' with the replicators can take this up as one :) if you noticed, we just genocided some poor homs. So if you wanted to have rp-action, you could have a stealthed scout or such... keep in mind that any noticeable scout would have been noticed, and this would have progressed much differently... we know how to appear friendly to enemies big enough to threaten us... >:)

on a side issue, the factory system designated is within our planned 'umbrella of systems', and would have been scouted intensively. its uninhabited, and there were never any scout contacts there between our vessels and any others, so we could have an accidental meeting easily enough.
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-01 at 11:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The allied fleet dropped from warp and instantly a great flash of glowing sparks blind all on the bridge of the Royal Sovereign, the sort of sparks Bruschanian shields shot off when hit with kinetic energy. The entire ship shook from the force of the impacts and, when the movement subsided, the King spotted the Urheiman fleet, in size well in excess of his own squadron, their main guns blazing off in the distance by the Jutland moon.

"Report!"

William roared as a second Urheiman shell struck the Royal Sovereign amidships.

"They appear to have been expecting us, sir,"

Replied an unusually calm operator, his nimble fingers dancing over a keyboard as he sent orders down to the turrets to return fire. The main coilgun turrets of the Bruschanian dreadnoughts turned and reply with great accuracy, enormous slugs of metal flying through the void at extreme speeds. The flagship's first salvo struck an enemy dreadnought seven times on the conning tower, sending it careening down towards Jutland, pulled in by the moon's gravity. William studied the situation and cursed beneath his breath, the Urheiman starfleet had deployed in a wall of battle of its own, and theirs was longer than the Allied fleet. They could not cross the T and enfilade the Urheiman line. Then an idea struck William, and he quickly opened a comm. link with Sanguinus' own flagship.

"Lord Sanguinus. Move your largest and strongest battleships and barges to the front of our line. All ships, when this is done, turn towards the enemy line and follow the Imperium battleships. Nevermind the manuevres, just go straight at 'em

"But sir, that'll open us wide up to a crossing of our own T!

Protested a lieutanant, the King silenced him with a stern glare. The protester did not realise that the Imperium ships had the prow-mounted Nova Cannons. Using that and the armoured prow of the Imperium ships to their advantage, the Allied fleet would charge right in through the Urheiman fire, with the element of surprise, and smash their line apart. As the Allied line continued to move forward after they penatrated the enemy wall of battle, they could use close-range, raking fire to put the rest of the fleet out of commission. If only they could get the Imperium battleships to the front in time...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    is this like dead or what

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

I think everyone's just waiting on some people.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've had some school issues to deal with, and i'm waiting for Whiteknight. Tau and Bruschania can RP if you want Asmodeus?
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!

<ASVSVA>

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

OCC: Asmodeus, I'm still waiting for your reply.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've had some school issues to deal with, and i'm waiting for Whiteknight. Tau and Bruschania can RP if you want Asmodeus?
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do believe he already has, I think we were both waiting on you

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    OCC: Asmodeus, I'm still waiting for your reply.
    OOC: I thought you flew away... I didn't really have anything to add after you left, or were we still communicating (like via vox/radio/w/e)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    OOC: I thought you flew away... I didn't really have anything to add after you left, or were we still communicating (like via vox/radio/w/e)
    OCC: So its ok for me set up a warp gate in the system then?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanguinius nodded in reponse, a sudden smile on his face as he relayed the orders to the Imperium part of the allied fleet. The engines burned bright in the void as flickering fire fell accross his pale, handsome face, through the ultrahard crystal dome the flaring lights as enemy weaponry expended itself on the void shields. The fleet surged forward, closing quickly as the massive, baroque Imperium ships opened fire, the prow-mounted nova cannons roaring with silent fury as the massive solid-state projectiles screamed forward through the aether, tearing through enemy formations with contemptous ease, unstoppable monstrosities that smashes ships and left only clouds of floating debris in their wake. Sanguinius himself strode to the bay where his troops were assembled. No longer in proud parade formation, the deck was a frenzy of activity. Already thunderhawks were streaming out to soften up the enemy targets, and more were being loaded with their complements of marines, those who weren't equipped for teleportation. Sanguinius joined his own retinue, his artificer armor gleaming and blood red, a grim herald of the carnage to come. He wore no helmet, a show of his contempt for their foes.

Suddenly, his navigator came over the comm system, announcing that they were in teleport range, and the shields would be down shortly. Sanguinius smiled, and his men made last-minute adjustments, assuming formation. He felt the warm glow of the teleport field surrounding him, his heart swelling with the knowledge that he and his fellow Primarchs would soon aid their allies in purging this world of its degenerate inhabitants. It was a glorious day for the Imperium.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    OCC: So its ok for me set up a warp gate in the system then?
    OOC: indeed it is, indeed it is.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Thank you, the warp portals should bring the warp gates and automated defense structures in a few hours." Shen'el Khal replied, as the holo of the Tau dispersed instantly. Thus his instructions were carried out, as a phase phrism deposited several probe droids across a nearby rocky airless moon, warp gates being formed, as the warp in space time continued to grow slowly larger as time went by, as the fleet soon collected its probes and headed into the warp drive, rejoining the body of the fleet.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Follow the Imperium battleships. All turrets fire at will,"

The King ordered. His enormous line of Bruschanian battleships turned through the void, falling in behind the Imperium warships as the solid-state projectiles of the Nova Cannons smashed through the hulls of the Urheiman. The massive coilguns of the Bruschanian battleships flared into actions, the gunners firing with speed and precision. The enormous slugs of steel smashed through the hulls of the Urheiman ships, while the the enemy's own shells exploded in cascades of sparks against the Bruschanian shiels. That was the greatest military advantage Bruschania had developed over Urheim, energy shielding, whilst the Urheiman Near-Humans relied solely on heavy armour.

"Sir, the Imperium battle barge has broken their wall!"

Reported an excitable bridge operator as the entire bridge crew watched with amazement as the Near-Human wall of battle was broken before them. Raking fire from both the Imperium weapons batteries and the Bruschanian turrets began to tear apart the enemy battleships

"All ships, ahead full,"

The King ordered. The huge line began passing through their enemy's walls. The T had been Crossed on both halves of the Urheiman fleet. Ship after ship was smashed apart, or left adrift, dead in the void. The guns of the Allied fleet just kept spitting death upon them. William smiled as he stood up from his chair and looked around in the view ports, as far as he could see there were nothing but the hulks of Urheiman ships. Now it was time for the second stage. He opened a channel with Sanguinus' ship

Lord Sanguinus, this is King William. Board any remaining Near-Human ships you can find, and move on their space platforms. We will begin the ground assault on the Jutland base itself

He closed the link and then walked back and sat down upon his chair again. The enormous Bruschanian fleet, ion engines flaring, moved closer to the Jutland moon, their cavernous holds full of Redcoats, eager to finally come to grips with their un-godly foe.

<ASVSVA>

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Algophans

"Well then now that we agree on military aid, trade, & a name. Is there anything else you want to discuss?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Inside The Massive Computer Networks

"The researchers have analyzed the alien ships & they have a lot of prototypes & modifications that they want to make. Personally I think replacing our tank cannons with missile launchers would be very effective." Said the Research Administrator.

"Ooh, these plans are genius, even for us." Replied Commander.

"Thank you sir. When can I start implementing them?"

"As soon as this conversations over."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

(Plainids)

I do not have anything else to discuss. It seems all that is left to do is put our plans into action.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Algophans

"And how do you suggest we do that?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

(lawl what I meant by that was that I was ready to leave the discussion table since we said all we needed to say)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Ok then I'm ready for that.