New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: [NEXUS] OoC 11: The Misadventures Continue...

Nah. the oldest I could find is on page ... 9 odd?

Random killing happens, then The Moffgical princess turns up, the Gordon makes an arrival and fires missiles at everyone.

So ... much ... godmodding ...

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, the reasons Raz hates the Cult aren't too petty. They attacked him and his girlfriend. The reason why the Cult hates Raz are petty. Well, sort of. He sold them a diamond with a pretty discription (it was black!), his spell went wrong and (I think) released something from the diamond, making it white and not worth as much. In the meantime, the 'something' drained Terrowin's magic, nearly killed one of the cultists, drained all of the cultist's magic, and so on until eventually it was killed/banished/destroyed. Then Raz proceeded to take the money spent on such a unique diamond, although now it was not so unique and therefore not worth as much. Terrowin disagreed, and Raz tried to kill him and the cultist. Fortunately, the cultist was saved by healing magic after both fatal wounds.

At least, that's how I remember it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #663

SolithKnightGuy

It's funny in a lot of ways Ory is totally a Sue/Stu I made him to have the most fun/cool lifestyle I can imagine. Then he started acting all emo...

But I'm sure Vance being a Wizard would score higher due to his shapeshifting/blasting specialty.

4. - Top - End - #664

I deadtime for a bit now making my last post for today in a houer or so.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #665

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Actually, the reasons Raz hates the Cult aren't too petty. They attacked him and his girlfriend. The reason why the Cult hates Raz are petty. Well, sort of. He sold them a diamond with a pretty discription (it was black!), his spell went wrong and (I think) released something from the diamond, making it white and not worth as much. In the meantime, the 'something' drained Terrowin's magic, nearly killed one of the cultists, drained all of the cultist's magic, and so on until eventually it was killed/banished/destroyed. Then Raz proceeded to take the money spent on such a unique diamond, although now it was not so unique and therefore not worth as much. Terrowin disagreed, and Raz tried to kill him and the cultist. Fortunately, the cultist was saved by healing magic after both fatal wounds.

At least, that's how I remember it.
    Protip to self - start using the herald.

That's basically right - it was a powerful abyssal diamond that reacted badly to magic. Terrowin cast the (healing!) spell that actually summoned the thing, although IC it would be very hard to establish.

Raz resented the idea that it was his fault (which it kinda was), and took the money and shot the gnome in the belly cause he threw a knife. He wouldn't have killed him. Although of course the cultists didn't know that.

This was all before I learned the best way to introduce a new character is *not* to wreck the BDD with a huge monster

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Raz shot someone in the belly that he didn't mean to kill? I know healing magic makes light of all wounds, but gut wounds are Srs Bsns.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #667

Goblin

He'd seen Terrowin heal just earlier, and assumed anything non-lethal could be fixed. Also, it was my first or second day here

Not that much changes. Raz shot Raril's legs off thinking they'd heal easily >_<

8. - Top - End - #668
    Orc in the Playground

They'd also just been drained of magic. Wouldn't that have caused him to think that maybe they didn't have any magic left to heal with?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #669

*Blinks* Dang, sounds like something I'd do.

Also, for those who wish to know, three bombs just landed in the towns of Homlet, Hamlet and Omelette. Cause I'm bad with names. Heroes may or may not wish to stop them before they explode.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    They'd also just been drained of magic. Wouldn't that have caused him to think that maybe they didn't have any magic left to heal with?
    Wait wait wait, Raz think ahead?

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I'm working this into his backstory. Now he's a vampiric half drow son of a demon lord.
    Pfft. He still can't compare to Sszinyon, the vampiric werewolf drow.
    And it all happened to him IC!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #672

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Wait wait wait, Raz think ahead?
    I know, whats he going on about

I *think* that might have been my mistake OOC actually. Or Raz didn't really care much.

13. - Top - End - #673

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Pfft. He still can't compare to Sszinyon, the vampiric werewolf drow.
    And it all happened to him IC!
    True. But between his horrible curse, dual-katanas, constant fight to control his mind, tragic backstory AND angst..... Yeah, stupidest character ever.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2010-12-29 at 05:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is there a list of old AMEN threads?
    I'm going to very strongly advise not reading the really old AMEN stuff. Please. I was several years younger and ridiculously noob-ish back then, Magtok had yet to evolve into a proper and awesome RP character, and the behavior and style doesn't really mesh with modern FFRP thinking. AMEN was an RP setting all to itself for the longest time, and had a sort of lazy "Godmodding is allowed, but it has to be silly" policy that was typically usually cited and abused to murder the newbies and smack them around for whatever spelling, grammar, or ego issues we decided had earned them the death penalty.

Later on, when things were finally starting to improve and get less ridiculous with the introduction of GLoG, someone irrationally decided that AMEN was to be a "plot-free" zone, and that none of that icky, interesting, engaging RP going on between AMENites and GLoG members could go mentioned in the base, for fear that plot pixies would eat us all in our sleep or something.

After that no plot nonsense, it died out completely, until Gordon came along with his UFO and helicopter and stuff, and turned it into something I could stop being ashamed of, which is around when Maggy waltzed back in and instantly got promoted to second-in-command. I'm not sure why, but my guess is it's because Gordon saw his reflection on the side of Maggy's head and immediately fell madly in love.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-12-29 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

You're just scared somebody will notice HALO's waterslide attack.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #676

Oh.......
    *Closes AMEN thread very, very quickly*

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    I'm going to very strongly advise not reading the really old AMEN stuff. Please. I was several years younger and ridiculously noob-ish back then, Magtok had yet to evolve into a proper and awesome RP character, and the behavior and style doesn't really mesh with modern FFRP thinking. AMEN was an RP setting all to itself for the longest time, and had a sort of lazy "Godmodding is allowed, but it has to be silly" policy that was typically usually cited and abused to murder the newbies and smack them around for whatever spelling, grammar, or ego issues we decided had earned them the death penalty.

Later on, when things were finally starting to improve and get less ridiculous with the introduction of GLoG, someone irrationally decided that AMEN was to be a "plot-free" zone, and that none of that icky, interesting, engaging RP going on between AMENites and GLoG members could go mentioned in the base, for fear that plot pixies would eat us all in our sleep or something.

After that no plot nonsense, it died out completely, until Gordon came along with his UFO and helicopter and stuff, and turned it into something I could stop being ashamed of, which is around when Maggy waltzed back in and instantly got promoted to second-in-command. I'm not sure why, but my guess is it's because Gordon saw his reflection on the side of Maggy's head and immediately fell madly in love.
    Tip: When saying 'don't read X thread', don't make it sound really awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

18. - Top - End - #678

Goblin

Aww hell no its funny. Although yeah, the oldest thread I could find is just before it all got good again. I think Moff's about to clone himself

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Tip: When saying 'don't read X thread', don't make it sound really awesome.
    Sh, don't let Moff let you say that. I've heard the old AMEN story before from Moff.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Project_Mayhem View Post
    Aphrodite, duh!

Also, I'm reading the old AMEN threads. The Moff has changed. A lot.
    The Moff is not a half elf. There's nothing to see here, folks. *waves around stabbin' knife*

EDIT: And really old AMEN? Unpleasent.
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-12-29 at 05:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    The Moff is not a half elf. There's nothing to see here, folks. *waves around stabbin' knife*
    *splortch*

AHH! MY EYE!

22. - Top - End - #682

Hey, RPG. You should go back and add on pointy ears to all the MOff's on the banner.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2010-12-29 at 05:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #683

Goblin

Whats this ... True Neutral verging on Lawful Evil? Doesn't like stabbing people ?

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, RPG. You should go back and add on pointy ears to all the MOff's on the banner.
    I want to keep my remaining eye, thank you very much.

25. - Top - End - #685

HalfOrcPirate

I remember when you were posting signs asking for work in the Tavern. I forget which.
    And there was that Halo romp that we did.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

26. - Top - End - #686

Goblin

I think this half elf thing should be canon. Something the Moff keeps hidden ...

IRL I am grinning like gorram Jack Empty

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

You guys know that's not The Moff's real entry by now, right? This one is current.

Spoiler
    Show
    THE MOFF

Race/Species: Human, at least outwardly.
    Alignment: Pretty much chaotic evil, but not to the extent others might take it.
    Class/Profession: Layabout/Rogue
    Power Rating: B-
    Description: The Moff is on the short and wiry side of average. He has unremarkable brown hair and eyes, but his hair does tend to be a tad long and shaggy. The Moff wears a grandiose, if faded, grey uniform, complete with medals. If anyone asks what army it's from, he stares at them blankly and says They call me The Moff, don't they?
    Personality: The Moff is lazy. He doesn't particularly like extended physical exertion, and will go to great lengths to avoid it. Mental exertion is fine in his book, though, and he seems to gain a good deal of pleasure from debating and bargaining. He's cheap, but his flair for the grandiose and appreciation for artistry has him spending plenty of money. Since returning to Nexus, he's gone, as it were, off the deep end. Not all there. Bat-sh*t. Whatever you want to call it.
    Equipment: The Moff always carries several concealed knives on his person, just in case. "Just in case" happens to him more than he would care for. Recently, he acquired a pair of Objects. The Cost is an unremarkable looking butterfly knife, but there is not a substance or spell on earth that it can't slice through like warm butter. Synchronicity is a battered old harmonica that facilitates, essentially, the rule of awesome. The Moff doesn't understand how it works, really, but it allows him to get away with all sorts of shenanigans.
    Abilities: Despite his aversion to physical effort, The Moff is very fast, and can sprint fast enough to make Rincewind proud, though usually only when someone is chasing him. He's also fairly handy with those knives... he's picked up the ability to travel via the Yellow Road recently, and between that and Synchronicity, he's capable of all sorts of mind-bending or otherwise unlikely feats.
    Backstory: The Moff has been loitering around Nexus for a few years; no one knows (and neither does he, to be entirely honest) where he was before. He tends to disappear for months and years at a time; no one has bothered to find out where and why.

Hey, who wants to talk about Riv's first set of appearances in Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by Project_Mayhem View Post
    Whats this ... True Neutral verging on Lawful Evil? Doesn't like stabbing people ?

There is actually an IC reason for alignment change.

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    And there was that Halo romp that we did.
    That was way too fun. We need to do more stuff like that.

28. - Top - End - #688

What of them? He destroyed stuff, made half-baked revenge schemes, gave up on them, and shot some Moffclone who's name I forgot. Pretty good first appearance.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, doing that test for the NEXUS is pretty near impossible, since when you're in the NEXUS nothing is really unusual, so it doesn't warrant being ticked.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

And this is why I recommend people not do a Character Registry until they've given their character a chance to settle in.

In other news, I'm experimenting with a new style of Digest Post - a long first person year end update. The first one is by Charity. I'll probably do one for Sunny too, and maybe another character or three. Definitely not all of them though.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs