New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Yes, I'd like to purchase some pokemon food. Specifically, three meals of spicy and three meals of sour food, good sir.
    "^300," the man says, handing over the food and taking the money. "Anything else for you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Some food to calm new catches down, please. Five for me. Also, any decently paying one off repair jobs you know of in town. Pay day's far away and my cash'll likely run out by then."
    "That'll be ^250," he says, handing the food over and taking the cash. "A repair job? You fancy yourself a mechanic?" he says, staring at your one good arm. "Well, the Dojo has a garage. Maybe you could go in and change oil for them some time? Give the cars a tuneup? They usually pay good," he says. "They pay good for guns too," he says as an afterthought.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'Three small bitter pokemon food please. And one each of dry, spicy, sweet and sour in medium please.'
    "^275 please," he says, taking the money and handing you the food.

Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Been a couple years, but I should be able to pick it back up fast enough. As for guns, what about other weaponry? Any interest at all, or overstocked?"
    He knows the man doubts him because of the stump. Once he got 10 grand, he'd show them. He'd show them all what a one armed man can-
    *poke*
    He looks down to see he was folding the money into the arm again. He hangs his head, smoothes it out, and hands 250 to the man.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo pays the man. 'Right, now we just need to grab Artemis and head south.' Elly was bouncing at his heels, wanting fed. She'd have to wait till they got outside the city.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis is about half way to the gate when a thought occurs to her. -Oh, guys. If you pass a TM shop, could you ask the guy about Artemis Frerin's Ralts? I dropped him off there a while ago.-
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

After paying for his food and after waiting for the others to do the same, Ethan leads them to the southern gate to meet up with Artemis.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul forks over the ^800 along with the three battered mons.

Don't suppose there's any way to get discounts here, huh?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Before they head off, Gerald gets the text.
    "Oh, one last thing. A girl named Artemis Frerin says she dropped a ralts off, unless she's thinking the wrong side of town. Does that sound familiar today?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

"Been a couple years, but I should be able to pick it back up fast enough. As for guns, what about other weaponry? Any interest at all, or overstocked?"
    He knows the man doubts him because of the stump. Once he got 10 grand, he'd show them. He'd show them all what a one armed man can-
    *poke*
    He looks down to see he was folding the money into the arm again. He hangs his head, smoothes it out, and hands 250 to the man.
    "Here, call this guy," he says, handing you a number. "Just make sure to come back and buy from me," he says with a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul forks over the ^800 along with the three battered mons.

Don't suppose there's any way to get discounts here, huh?
    "Don't get them hurt?" the nurse says sarcastically, walking off to treat another customer.

Before they head off, Gerald gets the text.
    "Oh, one last thing. A girl named Artemis Frerin says she dropped a ralts off, unless she's thinking the wrong side of town. Does that sound familiar today?"
    "Psychic? Dark hair? Glasses?" he asks. Seeing you nod, he heads into the backroom. "One newly TMed Ralts for you. Tell her to take it easy on it for the next few hours, TM implanting is rough on 'em," he says, handing you the ball.

Show

10. - Top - End - #340

Paul shrugs at the Center attendant.

Sorry sweetheart, but no pain, no experience gain. Hopefully I at least won't need to be back here the rest of the day, but who knows?

Paul checks on the strange egg he had found on the floor of his place after a rather wild party, then decides to return to the park where he saw the battlers earlier, to help recruit people for the demonstration tomorrow and perhaps get his Pokemon a bit more prepared for Team Rocket's assignment.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald tucks the phone in a pocket, the card in the toolkit, and the pokeball on his belt.
    "I'll get it to her once we see her. Thanks sir."
    Sparky giving a little wave as they leave the store, he follows Romeo and Ethan to the gate.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Paul shrugs at the Center attendant.

Sorry sweetheart, but no pain, no experience gain. Hopefully I at least won't need to be back here the rest of the day, but who knows?

Paul checks on the strange egg he had found on the floor of his place after a rather wild party, then decides to return to the park where he saw the battlers earlier, to help recruit people for the demonstration tomorrow and perhaps get his Pokemon a bit more prepared for Team Rocket's assignment.
    You find the same crowd as earlier at the park. Another battle is going on, one between what your Pokedax identifies as a Picachoo and a Bulbazaurus.

Gerald tucks the phone in a pocket, the card in the toolkit, and the pokeball on his belt.
    "I'll get it to her once we see her. Thanks sir."
    Sparky giving a little wave as they leave the store, he follows Romeo and Ethan to the gate.
    You soon meat up with Artemis at the gate.

Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Artemis. Got your ralts."
    He nods his head as the group meets again, and Sparky crawls down his back to the pokeball on his belt and lifts it up.
    "Careful with him, application puts strain on them."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

"So I assume you get my text then?" A quick scan of the thoughts reveals they did, and she takes the ball from Gerald. She begins walking. So what are the other geniuses of the group thinking for the job? If it weren't as good as they said I'd assume that we could just trade it, but I doubt he would. Friendly threat maybe? A sort of 'We work for the company that made that Pokémon. It is very important that we return it before others find out and come after you.' sort of thing. Heck, Mr. Sleep-With-Everyone is probably smooth enough to make it believable.

Show

15. - Top - End - #345

[QUOTE=Arcran;13121749]You find the same crowd as earlier at the park. Another battle is going on, one between what your Pokedax identifies as a Picachoo and a Bulbazaurus. QUOTE]

Paul waits until a lull in the action to wave a meaty hand high in the air and call out in a high-pitched voice to get everyone's attention.

Yoo-hoo, just wanting to make sure everyone knows about the big trainer exhibition happening in front of the Poke Mart on the corner Fist Street. I, the great Paul Ticker, will be there signing autographs for a nominal fee and battling as many comers as I am able, and I hope to see all of you out there as well. And if anyone wishes a quick bout before the festivities tomorrow, I might be game.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I concur. If it is as powerful as we have been led to believe, I doubt he will trade it willingly. Though your "friendly threat" as you put it sounds promising. We must be clear that he is in danger but we are trying to protect him and we are not the aggressor. Though we should have a back up plan. If that plan fails, he will know our faces, he probably won't trust us afterwards. So we need to act in stealth or immdiatly when the first plan fails.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"My thoughts are recon, repair some cars, scan some pokemon under pretense of arm studies and booster and weapon building, and pin down exactly who we're looking for. Figure out weaknesses from there."
    It'd be good to root through motors tomorrow, finding problems and making them good as new. Hadn't been able to get anyone to take him seriously enough to even give him this much of a shot after the gear grind.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-23 at 11:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Of course. Like I said, we technically do work for the company. We're simply asking politely to reclaim lost property, but others, less savory people than us, might come after him if word gets leaked, which we fear may have happened. We might have to bribe him a bit, but he should give in to reason. If not, we come in in the middle of the night, accidents happen, put the blame on Devon somehow and we're good. Of course that should be a worst case scenario. Murder gets very messy very quickly. She puts extreme emphasis on 'worst case scenario.' As long as we have a plan and stick to it, we ought to be fine.

Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Paul waits until a lull in the action to wave a meaty hand high in the air and call out in a high-pitched voice to get everyone's attention.

Yoo-hoo, just wanting to make sure everyone knows about the big trainer exhibition happening in front of the Poke Mart on the corner Fist Street. I, the great Paul Ticker, will be there signing autographs for a nominal fee and battling as many comers as I am able, and I hope to see all of you out there as well. And if anyone wishes a quick bout before the festivities tomorrow, I might be game.
    A few people yell at you. Only one person there seems to recognize you, a wizened old man.

"Quite you kids!" the man shouts, striding into the center of this ring. "When you were all snot nosed little kids, this guy was a great Pokemon Trainer," he says to some booing. "Now, let's see you take him down!" he yells at a kid that was booing the loudest who can't be older than 10.

"Alright, bring it on!" he says in possibly the most annoying high pitched voice ever. "Clear the ring!"
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-04-24 at 12:30 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Boiler explosions work well for cover ups. Little evidence left. Probably frowned upon, though. Let's wait and see what kind of person we're after-he may want to join, meaning things might go smoother still.
    He pauses for a second.
    Sorry, the first part is why I need help.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-24 at 12:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis's look is positive at the suggestion. No, it's not a bad idea. Just questionable why he was messing with a boiler in the first place. Of course a bullet to the head from a silenced gun is just as effective. Or slitting his throat, a gas leak igniting in his house or even a little mental lobotomy.
    Her mind begins to wander on various ways to kill or otherwise prevent their being pursued with their limited resources.
    Hm, we could probably simply steal it in his sleep probably. No blood, no mess, no death. A simple theft. He was warned that this might happen. We just need a way to direct his attention away from us. Maybe warn him this evening and come after him a different day if he says no. Makes us less suspicious, lets him even think on it. The problem is misdirecting him from who stole it. Ideas? Oh, and if it comes to bribery, who has money to offer? I know its tight right now for a lot of us, but it might make things a lot easier.

Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The boiler's bad because of collateral damage. What about threats of lawyers? Court case might scare him enough to settle. Too easy to lose everything against a wealthy company, right?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-24 at 06:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Excelent! But what if he calls our bluff? We've exhausted our options kind of if we do that. Though I'm fairly confident that we would succeed in convincing him.

Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

We could tell him its unstable. For exapmle, if we let it out of its special stasis container for too long it can start going on rampages or cause a critical meltdown, triggering massive fires in the city. As for blame, we can easily pin it on Team Magma. They would jump at a chance to capture a fire type this powerful.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds good to me. How do we pin it on them if it comes to that? Two of us dress as Magma and ruff him up a bit earlier that day?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-24 at 08:39 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Dressing up may not be neccesary. Just a simple disguise on a few of us. Me and Romeo approach the boy claiming to be from the company that created it and warn him of the dangers. If he does not give up the Slugma immidiatly, we leave politly informing him where he can find us. Then the others will appear shortly after, claiming to be be Magmas, and roughing him up. If he still doesn't give it up, a stealth mission may be required.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-24 at 08:43 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

I like it. When do you propose we do this? Wait, would being threatened cause him to actually report us? I'm not too familiar with law, but I'm guessing Rocket doesn't like their members to have a criminal record on file with the police.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-24 at 08:47 AM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

'I don't want to interupt the brain trust here, but if I may.' Romeo had given Elly her food and she was chowing down on it while he was checking over his egg.

'This person is a member of the fighter side, right? I have a contact there who is positive to me. Very positive. I'm meeting her tonight. I could try and find out more information on this guy before we try anything. All we know is he has 3 strong pokemon and a friend. If we do this without planning, he could take us all down. I dont plan in getting my ass kicked agian so soon if that's okay.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis rolls her eyes. "Well announce our plans to the world then why don't you!" She grumbles a bit. But I suppose you're right. If we threaten him he might get aggressive. You chat with your woman tonight and DON'T **** IT UP and we'll communicate the current plan to Paul. We can meet with you tomorrow. She looks at him with brief disgust as his mind flicks to the fighting girl. Calm, Artemis. You have to work with this guy. "Are you any good with disguising people? We can't exactly do this as ourselves."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-24 at 09:01 AM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"He has a point."
    Trust me, it only matters if it's recent.