New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 31

Sewers

The crap golems do their jobs, and do them well. The bugs near the exit are swallowed up and cannot escape the weight of all that sludge.

The dead consumer pops like the other bugs when lit aflame, and the scorpions are splattered against the walls and floor and set aflame. The bugs in the sewer have been wiped out, it seems those who are already in the city are on their own.

Yellow Zone-Golems

The last of the large golems are shattered, and several of the smaller ones. Seeing their heavy support dead, the smaller ones start to run from the walkers and towards one of the overgrown streets.

Yellow Zone

The alien laying the mines is crushed, and the mines go off. Instead of explosive charges, though, they release a stasis field. Two of the fleeing alien soldiers are mowed down, and the a third loses his leg and turns around, firing his high-caliber gun at the walker behind its legs, hoping to disable instead of kill. Note that high caliber does not necessarily mean high-power.

Main Gate

The tank drivers thank whoever they worship that another salvo of rockets hasn't come down, then curse at the gate's continued existence. Some of them angle their cannons and start randomly firing OVER the wall and into the city, but five get the idea to fire again, waiting to see what happens

Two seven man squads infantry lower their shields and attempt to dig into the walls with their armor's elbow spikes, hoping to climb over the wall, while the others set themselves up in front of the door in a funnel formation meant to make a wedge-shaped charge or flanking maneuver a waste of time. They set up their shields and take careful aim at the wall...
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-03-31 at 09:37 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

"Hey." Crissy calls to Dorotha with a smile. "Whatcha working on?"

Hotel

Assuming her player hasn't missed any posts here, Jamie might be waking up.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

[EE]

Dorotha turns around and Crissy will notice she's wearing her SCIENCE! googles. Oh hi Crissy. I'm trying to build a golem. Horatio, obviously, flies over to greet Crissy, squeaking.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Battlefield

An apparantly human child is wandering here, looking for a body. She's blonde, with blue eyes and she's wearing a denim dress and a red rucksack. In her hands rests a metal rod, and sticking out of a pocket is a plain mirror-handle. When she finds a body, she'll check how it died, looking for one with a bullet hole in the head. When she finds one, she'll ask it something. "May I meet the Holder of Tyranny?" Nephrim is whispering so that others might not be aware of what she Seeks.
    When Nephrim speaks the last word a sudden crack sounds, echoing through the streets. An intense pain tears through the girl's small frame before she falls unconscious.

When she awakes, Nephrim will find that she is no longer in Inside. Or perhaps this is the future of Inside, to become torn apart by war. For that is what this city has become. The sounds of fighting still echo through the streets.

In the distance a clock tower can be seen. Tall enough that it is visible throughout the city.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

EE

Crissy grins and waves at Horatio before stepping into the Room of SCIENCE!
    "Really? That's, like, so totally cool! What's it going to be able to do?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #546
    Orc in the Playground

Holder of Tyranny

Nephrim quickly extends the metal rod and unfolds a semi-circular axe blade from the end before walking stealthily towards the tower. She's using her magic halberd as an axe, so it's not as extended as it could be for her size. Her other hand pulls a revolver from her rucksack and places it next to Fear. Should danger threaten, she could draw either quickly. She doesn't take her full natural form because the back pack gets in the way of flight slightly, plus large white wings are more noticable than a small child trying to be stealthy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

[EE]

I imagine it will serve as security and possibly a porter due to its strength and resilience. Its exact funtions will depend on my degree of success in making it. Right now I'm trying to decide whether I should include the metal skeleton or not.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

Phil is about, followed by a large walking machine. Both seem to be ignoring what's going on in the rest of the city. The machine is a humanoid robot, seven feet tall, hunched over slightly, no head, with large, ovoid and shining black forearms and lower legs as thick as tree trunks. The legs have feet made up of a circle of five flat but wide short toes for balance, and each arm ends with five long, sausage thick silver fingers made of thick bunches of wires. The upper arms and legs are only about as thick as human ones, and are made of a silvery metal and wrapped in bunches of wires of various colors. The body is shining black with a single shining dark blue stripe running top to bottom form the left shoulder to the left leg, and is shaped like some large, hulking torso. The torso is made up of three pieces, the lower area, and two areas that could be defined as 'pecs'. There are several plates that look like they could flip up or slide out of place to reveal something hidden within. Plugged into the torso, near the top, and snugly nestled into a comfortable looking spherical crevice, is a light gray and deep red robot shaped like a fist sized 20 sided die with several antennae and extra bits attached to it and a single red camera lense eye that's skewed to the right a bit.

Every once in a while, Phil finds a good looking piece and hands it to the robot.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

Harnel notices Phil and goes over to him. Harnel is a half-red dragon who stands 6'10" and is quite muscular. the obvious features of him that point him out as dragon descended are his body being covered in scales, a pair of yellowish horns coming out under his hair, a 4 1/2 foot muscular tail, and a pair of digitigrade feet. Currently he's wearing Fatigue pants, a black leather jacket, and a blue tee-shirt on his back with the grips protruding over his shoulder is an Ori Staff and a Thunder Hammer, and at his waist is a Particle Magnum. If Phil or his robot can tell, he moves like a warrior who is used to heavy armor

"Morning,"
    he says, "You looking for something here too?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

"Cool." Crissy cautiously examines the under-construction golem. "What sort of metal would you use?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

Phil is Tuatha De Danann, and recognizes the look of someone who's used to wearing any sort of armor. Or just plain clothes. He looks up from the scrapheaps and waves blankly.

"Just grabbing anything good I see and testing out Rho's new body," the robot beeps happily.

(Recaiden) He lives!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

[EE]

Simple iron suffices. It's really just a skeleton that supports the clay.
    ((Deadtime.))

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

[scrapyard]

"Maybe I can help. I'm a talented blacksmith, so I can usually tell you what kinds of armors work best for what you want them for. Tech stuff is beyond me, but I know weapons and armor." He extends a clawed hand, "Name's Harnel. You build a lot of these?"

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battlefield of Tyranny]

As Nephrim nears the tower the sounds of battle grow louder and louder. Soon she starts to see the spirits of the dead, locked in mortal combat for all eternity. As she passes a group of them fighting, one breaks away from the melee to flee. He's bearing a grievous injury. He'll run right by Nephrim, and will likely spot her if she doesn't hide. It's worth mentioning that the streets are littered with rubble.

Sorry about going so slow. I'm kind of distracted today.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [scrapyard]

"Maybe I can help. I'm a talented blacksmith, so I can usually tell you what kinds of armors work best for what you want them for. Tech stuff is beyond me, but I know weapons and armor." He extends a clawed hand, "Name's Harnel. You build a lot of these?"
    Phil shakes the hand with a firm grip that may cause a burst of static to jump over to Harnel's hand.
    "Phil. I'm an engineer with limited magical training. I build all sorts of stuff. Some Aos Si were meant to fight, some to build. I was meant for both."

(Recaiden) He lives!

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

Battlefield of Tyranny

Nephrim will duck behind the nearest pile of rubble where she will darken her hair and skin so it blends in better and rubs dust into her blue denim dress and red rucksack. She's hoping she won't be spotted.

((Don't worry about being distracted; it happens to everybody))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

[Scrapyard]

The static stings, but Harnel doesn't flinch, "So you build things to fight? Or build things to help you fight? Either way it takes a talent. What do you expect Rho to be facing?"

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

Phil laughs. It's a surprisingly deep and boisterous laugh for someone his size.
    "I build whatever I want. Of course, due to the nature of my being, that usually means that whatever I build is meant for fighting efficiently or going fast or protecting myself, but I hope I never have to use any of that again. Especially not Rho, poor guy's been through too much already," Phil pats Rho's top and the robot beeps contentedly.

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

[Scrapyard]

"I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. a fight is fun and everything, but constantly putting your life on the line is hazardous, and not many people can stand to live like that for long." Harnel shrugs, "Me? I'm a career soldier. Been fighting since I was just a wyrmling, so I see the value of things like this."

He goes up to Rho, looking the robot over, "So... is he a golem, or some sort of tech thing? He seems to have his own personality."

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

"It's not that, it's just that I get bitched out when id destroy half a city block to kill one man," Phil shovels through some more scrap.
    "And Rho here is just my first robot. I've upgraded him over the years, and recently built this combat body for him. He has his own personality because as a side effect of the magic I use to enhance my abilities, anything electronic I make becomes sentient. Not sapient, just sentient. Like a really smart puppy."

(Recaiden) He lives!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

[Scrapyard]

Harnel chuckles at the puppy comment. It's an interesting way of making sure things work. In his experience, technology and magic rarely work together effectively. As long as nothing stops him, Harnel is going to start looking over Rho, up and down its legs and arms, testing how well its eyes follow his finger when he moves his hand in front of the robot's face, and just generally examining it. He's quite curious about robots.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

Phil allows Harnel to test his robot, smiling smugly.
    Rho's eye and smaller eye-like attachments follow the finger perfectly, only a small fraction of a second behind. Eventually, Rho snaps out with lightning fast speed and kitten soft gentleness to grab the tip of the finger between two of his fingers.

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battlefield of Tyranny]

The soldier stops, hearing but not seeing Nephrim. He's peering around the various piles of rubble. It's not clear if Nephrim will be spotted, but the combat is loud enough that a single gun shot might be missed.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Hotel

Assuming her player hasn't missed any posts here, Jamie might be waking up.
    Delta is already awake, sitting in a chair.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

[Scrapyard]

Harnel chuckles and withdraws his hand, "Good reflexes, very fast, knows not to be rough with a non-hostile. Any automaton maker would be proud, even just for getting that right," he looks over at Phil, smiling, "But I'm guessing you knew that, and have a lot more installed than just those. What other kind of features does Rho have in him?"

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrapyard

"Thanks," Phil smiles and Rho withdraws his hand, beeping happily and seeming to smile without a mouth.
    "Rho, show Harnel what I've installed so far."
    Rho nods, turning in his seating, then takes a step back. The plates that are meant to move flip, roll, and slide out of the way, allowing a variety of cameras, power cables, USB ports, areas for hooking up various other electronics, short-barreled guns, some small rockets, smaller robots that can be detached, generators, screens, recording devices , blinking lights, and small motors that seem to be used for control of flight direction. A bigger pair of motors pops out the back, as well as a well-padded seat about Phil's size.
    "He's also got some minor shielding systems, and can see in the entire known electromagnetic spectrum, as well as most radiation types that travel in wave form. I just need to add a voice and finish my networking system so that he can take indirect control of the rest of my robots."

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #567
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riftline]

Nephea was rather surprised at the new Riftline. It was a lot quieter and smoother running than she had expected. Probably due to all that magic woven into various bits of it. Though, that said, she was also surprised that there weren't any other people riding on top of the train either. Maybe she was just weird like that?

It was something to think about... Made for a rather lonely existence for the time being, though. Maybe someone else would rush past her on another train? That would be pretty cool...

In any case, should anyone take a look up at this particular line, they would see the catamander with her legs dangling over the side of a middle car in slight defiance of air resistance and in major defiance of safety protocols.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

A hatch opens near her, and a robotic eye peers out.

Warning: This is not a safe activity
    Warning: The roof is not intended as a passenger area.
    Request: Please climb down through the hatch and I will escort you to the passenger area.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #569
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riftline]

Oh? What's this?

An authoritative voice commanding for compliance?

Well, there was really only one way this could possibly play out...

Nephea considered pretending to be deaf for a moment but discarded the idea as she didn't know sign language. They'd probably catch on to that pretty fast given the technology here. No, she might as well get right to the point and say: "No, I don't think so." with a properly impish grin. She might as well alleviate her lonesomeness with some excitement, seeing that there wasn't likely going to be much of anything else in the next few moments.

Pushing herself up and trotting over to the center of the car, struggling slightly against the onrushing wind, the catamander stood in wait to see what would happen next; gleefully snubbing the commands issued to her.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Riftline

Another hatch opens, near her new spot. It looks like the same robot.

Helpless Indignant Splutter: But... but... you can't...
    Abject Pleading: Pleeeeeease come inside?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs