New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic. An elegant MMORPG for a more civilized age.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Really, Biochem has it best, what with those reusable BoP medpacks/stims/adrenals.

That said, artifice is still a good skill, since you are the only source of crystals. Sure there are technically better crystals in endgame gear, but not everyone has the time or patience to run operations to get them.
    Not just the reusable medpacks/stims/adrenals it also has BIS implants (2 slots) for a lot of classes. Remember you can RE the green implants up to Purples and then crit craft them so they have an Augment slot. Now, you can buy these since they aren't BOP (unlike the BIS Synthweaving belts/wrists) but it still leaves Biochem as an excellent skill.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic. An elegant MMORPG for a more civilized age.

Keep in mind some upcoming changes, though. Once they allow you to transfer Rakata/Battlemaster armorings/hilts/barrels into moddable gear, player made orange gear with augment slots will be the top tier of gear in the game (provided it has the aforementioned mods form Rakata gear).
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Keep in mind some upcoming changes, though. Once they allow you to transfer Rakata/Battlemaster armorings/hilts/barrels into moddable gear, player made orange gear with augment slots will be the top tier of gear in the game (provided it has the aforementioned mods form Rakata gear).
    True, but those pieces of gear aren't BOP are they? I thought you could sell them.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

You can. And the changes to Rakata gear are going to drive the prices on crafted gear up because 1) as stated, crafted gear will be flat-out better, and 2) not all crafted gear looks like it was designed by a blind clown with Down's Syndrome. Which is great if you can craft them, and are able to manage crits on a semi-regular basis, because they only become better with the augment slot.

I may need to start leveling a synthweaver. My operative already has at least half a dozen orange SW schematics from UWT sitting in her cargo hold, and many of them are low enough that I could powerlevel to them pretty quickly...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    You can. And the changes to Rakata gear are going to drive the prices on crafted gear up because 1) as stated, crafted gear will be flat-out better, and 2) not all crafted gear looks like it was designed by a blind clown with Down's Syndrome. Which is great if you can craft them, and are able to manage crits on a semi-regular basis, because they only become better with the augment slot.

I may need to start leveling a synthweaver. My operative already has at least half a dozen orange SW schematics from UWT sitting in her cargo hold, and many of them are low enough that I could powerlevel to them pretty quickly...
    Eh, if you wait about 4 days, my month off on the month on-month off is over, so I might be coming back (for 2 months. yay cards). I think it's common knowledge I have a fair amount of RE'd patterns >.>
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

So it's almost time to make the new thread. Who's actually doing that? I'm assuming Jeivar unless he names someone else.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    So it's almost time to make the new thread. Who's actually doing that? I'm assuming Jeivar unless he names someone else.
    I really don't think it matters. Whoever wants to create the thread should just do it. (As long as we don't get multiples copies of the new thread.)

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

New Thread

Generally speaking, it's best if the person who makes the new thread makes sure to keep up with the updates involved. There's a reason almost all of the Warhammer 40k threads were made by Cheesegear, for example. Also, could we try to let Legoshrimp and Calemyr get the next two posts, in case they need to post Guild related stuff there?
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-17 at 09:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

I have to side with Valaquil on this.

More generally, I think we as a community should take full advantage of any and every opportunity to break away from the bizarre and incomprehensible notion which pervades this forum that the first person to create a thread on a given topic somehow "owns" that topic forever afterward, and is the only person who is "allowed" to post follow-up threads on the subject. Call me crazy, but I think we can and should be better, more mature, and saner than that. As long as the OP contains the relevant links (including to the previous thread(s) - speaking of which, did you want to add that to the new thread?), how can it possibly matter whether it's from the same person who did the last one, or (say) a brand-spanking-new Pixie's first post, or whomever?

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Exclamation Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic. An elegant MMORPG for a more civilized age.

For the most part I agree. THe important thing, though is that whoever does make the new thread accept the responsibility of keeping the original post up to date. Irregardless, this discussion should be continued in the next thread.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-17 at 01:22 PM.