New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Kazumi
    [Tokiwadai]

A fairly normal day of class. Nothing was unusual which was good. Kazumi poked the bandage on her face. Almost healed from that last fight.

She wondered how Sakurako was doing. Coming back so late, and even then she didn't talk about Judgment business so much.

Injuries...well, always it is an injury or something for Kazumi, but she never worries about them because of her ability. But for Sakurako it was dangerous. To be distracted as a teleporter was bad, even Kazumi knew this.

Maybe after school she would tell her sempai to go to sleep early today.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-09-25 at 12:36 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

(The Previous Day)

Seiko sighed as he leaned back in his chair. It was just a simple cold but he decided that he would stay home with Mitsu. She was 13, old enough to take care of herself.

I guess I really am a worry wort.

At least he was being productive while absent from school. Work was piling up at Judgment, mostly about muggings, jumps or robberies. He sighed again. The gangs are starting to get restless. Academy City was becoming more and more dangerous.

He glanced at the clock and noticed it was past lunch time. He should get something for Mitsu to eat. Getting up from his chair, Seiko walked to the kitchen and found Mitsu standing at the stove. She was still in her pink pajamas and was cooking some rice porridge. She looked up, noticed him, and smiled.

"Ah, Onii-chan. I was getting a little hungry and so I started cooking some porridge. I made some for you too."

"Mitsu, you shouldn't be cooking when your sick. You need to rest."

Mitsu puffs her cheeks."Geeze, Onii-chan. You are such a worry wort. I feel fine."

Seiko sighs in defeat, "All right, all right. But shouldn't I be the one cooking? After all, you always cook for us."

"It's fine, I like cooking anyway. Besides, you still have work to do, right? "

Seiko patted Mitsu's head. "Such a good girl."
    Last edited by Arkturus; 2010-09-25 at 12:16 AM.
    Because it is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nekutar made by Terry576.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Katsu looks at Hisagi amusedly just before swiftly disappearing into thin air leaving only a faint dash of wind showing that he had ever been there.

Yuki Toshi on the other hand, should see plenty of signs of something not being right.

One moment the wind would be like a storm and the next it would be quit enough that faint footsteps could be heard, getting closer and closer until

"Buh!"

...is yelled right behind him, but nobody is there but a disembodied and malevolent laughter.
    Yuki screams loudly, turning around quickly and losing balance. He 'falls' over the edge and disappears, the creams getting quieter. In truth he clung to the wall below him, entering an open window of the building and going from the inside to the roof access door.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Yuki screams loudly, turning around quickly and losing balance. He 'falls' over the edge and disappears, the creams getting quieter. In truth he clung to the wall below him, entering an open window of the building and going from the inside to the roof access door.
    As Katsu notices that Yuki is falling, he runs past him and down t the second window where he sits and looks up. Determined to both save and scare Yuki.

Of course, it turns out that Yuki was trying to trick him and Katsu follows through the same window Yuki had entered, careful to stay at speeds that wouldn't generate too much of a breeze and trying to sneak after Yuki.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sakurako

It was to the tired redhead's credit that she didn't fall over when the other girl runs into her, looking more then a little startled even as the other apologized profusely in somewhat...odd Japanese.

Is...she a foreigner? Sakurako muses to herself as Jane asks about the History class. Yup. Definitely a foreigner.

"You're...not Japanese are you?" She asks, not unkindly as a smile crosses her face. It was just par for the course that she knew just a little bit about foreign school systems, specifically to help Tokiwadai's foreign students, and now it had finally paid off! "Do you know the number of your home room?"

"Here...look, all of your classes are going to take place in the same room, it's the teachers who are going to move from class to class. So don't worry about memorizing where a bunch of different classrooms are, kay? It takes some getting used to though. Here, I'll walk you there." She offers brightly, straightening up a little bit, "Ah..what year are you?"
    "Uhm... homeroom..." Jane figured she was asking either about her apartment number or classroom number. It was probably more logical if it was the second, unless it was normal to ask where someone lived in this place. She didn't know her classroom number though. "I'm... not sure. I'm in year 2." She said while her face was slowly turning red. An awkward smile appeared on her face. "Thanks."
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Over the last few minutes many areas of the school had had the dubious honour of Jirou's presence. He and Jason had passed by most of the classrooms ("[Boredom factories]"), the gym ("[Surprised it's still standing]") and half a dozen other places ("[Boring, boring, green, boring, sometimes explodes, boring...]"). Now it was the busy teachers in their cubicles whose turn to suffer had come. Jirou's annoyingly loud voice was hard to miss as it entered the formerly peaceful place.

"[...And this is the teachers' area. It's where they all go when they're not busy spoiling our day. They like to make it look like they're working, but personally I think it's all an act. Seriously, how hard can it really be to be a teacher? Easiest job in the world, right?]"
    Masaki

Fortunately for Jirou, most of the teachers in the room had forgotten much of their English. They merely glare at Jirou's obnoxious voice and get back to work, muttering about lazy students or some such.

Masaki, however, isn't the sort to simply forget his hard-won Azabu education. Without looking up from his stack of ungraded papers, he speaks in a heavily accented and rather messy English.

["Isn't it? But your parents keep give us money. Funny, huh?"]

He finally turns around, stoic as usual and returning to Japanese.

"So, Mr. Kiyoshi, what can this lazy teacher do for you?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou snorted with unconcealed disdain for the man in front of him. Despite his insults many of the school's teachers were all right in his book, at least when they weren't trying to cram facts and figures down his throat. However, that aura of tolerance faded into oblivion long before it got anywhere near Satoku Masaki.

"Just passing through, Sir. I'm showing the new kid around. You know, giving a hand to a fellow student in need? It's part of that whole thing called 'caring' that I was telling you about before. There should be a dictionary around here if you need to look it up."

Jirou's sardonicism was heartfelt, but it carried a note of tired resignation beneath the surface. Better snarkers than him had tried their best to get a rise out of this walking statue, and all had failed. This wasn't just a case of being stoic and detached; There was some doubt among the student body about whether Masaki was even human.

Still, a well-disguised robot teacher was still a teacher. Jason would have to meet him sooner or later. Better to just get the introductions out of the way now.

"[Jason, this is our AIM thingummy theory teacher, Satoku Masaki. I know it's hard, but try not to get stunned by his raw charisma. You'll get plenty of chance to bask in his charm later on, especially if you sign up for the Curriculum.]"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Jirou snorted with unconcealed disdain for the man in front of him. Despite his insults many of the school's teachers were all right in his book, at least when they weren't trying to cram facts and figures down his throat. However, that aura of tolerance faded into oblivion long before it got anywhere near Satoku Masaki.

"Just passing through, Sir. I'm showing the new kid around. You know, giving a hand to a fellow student in need? It's part of that whole thing called 'caring' that I was telling you about before. There should be a dictionary around here if you need to look it up."

Still, a well-disguised robot teacher was still a teacher. Jason would have to meet him sooner or later. Better to just get the introductions out of the way now.
    Masaki

"Caring: gerund form of the verb 'to care', meaning, among other things, 'to show compassion and affection for'. No need for a dictionary, Mr. Kiyoshi. "

Perhaps Jirou should hold on to his Masaki-Robot Theory; publishing it could get him a good bit of academic credit.

"[Jason, this is our AIM thingummy theory teacher, Satoku Masaki. I know it's hard, but try not to get stunned by his raw charisma. You'll get plenty of chance to bask in his charm later on, especially if you sign up for the Curriculum.]"
    Masaki nods. "I'm one of the teachers of basic AIM Field Theory, yes."

"How many times do I have to tell you? Conversation, Masaki. Try it sometime."

"...your name was Jason, correct? Could I have your full name?"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-09-26 at 08:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Jason is nearly startled when the teacher address him. However, he does recognize the first part of his name in the sentence as well as recognizing the term "name" in japanese, so he assumes the teacher is asking for his complete name. He thinks for a few second, trying to remember some japanese words, before looking back at the teacher.

"Jason Williams. I just came here from America. Still new at Japanese talking."

He looks sideways at Jirou, hoping for a reassured look that he spoke correct.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #250

A young man slowly walks into whatever section of the city contains the Power Curriculum Program headquarters thingy. He has short black hair, light brown eyes, and appears to be very fit. He looks around, suddenly confused, seemingly staring at things around him that don't exist.

A few meters away is a girl who somebody might recognize as an illusionist, who is staring intently at him and smirking.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jirou replied with a slight but authoritative nod, though he was secretly fairly nervous himself. This whole 'friendly mentor' role was a new experience for him, and he had no idea whether he was doing it right. It did feel nice to be appreciated for something that didn't involve turning objects into fine powder, though.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Jason is nearly startled when the teacher address him. However, he does recognize the first part of his name in the sentence as well as recognizing the term "name" in japanese, so he assumes the teacher is asking for his complete name. He thinks for a few second, trying to remember some japanese words, before looking back at the teacher.

"Jason Williams. I just came here from America. Still new at Japanese talking."

Masaki

Masaki nods. "I'm aware that your Japanese isn't fluent, but I and the other teachers won't be speaking English in class just to accommodate you. I'd recommend trying to master Japanese as soon as possible."

He thinks for a moment.

"Have you had a test for any AIM Field Manipulation aptitude you might have?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Masaki

Masaki nods. "I'm aware that your Japanese isn't fluent, but I and the other teachers won't be speaking English in class just to accommodate you. I'd recommend trying to master Japanese as soon as possible."

He thinks for a moment.

"Have you had a test for any AIM Field Manipulation aptitude you might have?"
    Jason understood enough of the first comment to nod. The second comment had him opening up his dictionary and flip around for a moment. Finally, he manages to stutter out,

"F-Field Manipu-pulation aptitude?..."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Jason understood enough of the first comment to nod. The second comment had him opening up his dictionary and flip around for a moment. Finally, he manages to stutter out,

"F-Field Manipu-pulation aptitude?..."
    The look on Jirou's face had grown more and more unpleasant over the course of Masaki's little talk with Jason. By now it was on the verge of genuine anger. The man could speak English and knew full well that Jason's mastery of Japanese was still shaky; Yet he not only continued to address the kid in Japanese, but seemed to be going out of his way to make himself difficult to understand. Finally Jirou just translated the words himself, resisting the urge to make it sound even worse than it already did.

"[He says that he knows you can't speak Japanese very well and that you should learn it quickly if you want to get ahead here, because no-one's going to cut you any slack. Then he wants to know whether you've been tested on becoming an Esper.]"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Jason listened to Jirou's words. He was reassured that he did get most of what the teacher said. However, the very last bit was what confused him.

"[Tested to be an esper? I don't think I am one since I haven't been able to do anything really special.]"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Jirou's annoyance gave way to surprise at Jason's strange question. The fairly obvious idea that an outsider wouldn't know about the Curriculum honestly hadn't occurred to him. A smile spread slowly across his formerly vexed face as he realised how much good cheer this news might bring.

"[Maybe you're not one now, but that can change. Ever wonder why all the Espers are in Academy City? It's not because they come here; It's because they're made here. Going through the Curriculum turns you into one. Well, sometimes. Doesn't always work.]"

That last bit was added rather hastily at the end of the explanation. Jirou had got quite carried away with it, only just remembering that they weren't supposed to get people's hopes up too high. For all he knew Jason might have no talent at all, and then he'd have got him all excited over nothing. but then again, if he did have the spark...

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    "Uhm... homeroom..." Jane figured she was asking either about her apartment number or classroom number. It was probably more logical if it was the second, unless it was normal to ask where someone lived in this place. She didn't know her classroom number though. "I'm... not sure. I'm in year 2." She said while her face was slowly turning red. An awkward smile appeared on her face. "Thanks."
    Sakurako

"Uhh...well that makes things a little more difficult but I should have a quick fix to help you out...I think..." Sakurako says a bit sheepishly. Not knowing what class this girl was supposed to be in didn't make things easier, but the year helped. Last she had checked there wasn't supposed to be any transfer students in her class so that rolled out 2-2...

"Oh...don't worry about it! Part of my duty as a member of Judgment is to help out those people who need it however I can!" The redhead, admittedly sounding a bit egotistical as she nods her head, even as she begins to head through the hallways. They could always go to the teacher's lounge and ask which of the teachers had a new foreign student... Then again they could do the same by just going to each class and looking for empty seats.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Jason heard everything, but it took several moments to sink in. Espers were made here? They weren't just people combed out for in the world and brought here? He always visioned them as super heros, with the radioactive waste and all that. But...

All Jason could get out was.
    "[...R-Really? I can become an esper?...]"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Suddenly uncomfortable, Jirou's gaze flicked over to Masaki before returning to Jason. He had a sneaking suspicion that the robot might not approve of him filling the new student's head with wild visions.

"[Yeah, with a bit of luck. Don't expect it to be easy, though. The training's hard work, and slackers won't get anything from it. It's not like we've got some sort of magic machine in the basement that gives you super powers.]"

Oh yes, far from it. Thinking back to his own gruelling training, Jirou realised why they weren't supposed to preach the Academy City dream to the new recruits. The ones who went into the Curriculum thinking it was just a free ticket to Esperhood didn't tend to last long.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama walks around a corner of the school, muttering the whole way about "Idiot bullies..." and the various ways they should be stopped. He finds the last wiffle ball, one he'd thrown particularly viciously, embedded in the ground. "Though.. That jerk Jirou has a point, I could have hurt someone with this one. I need to control my anger."

He looks around for a moment and then he notices the boy standing there looking confused.

Akiyama arches one eyebrow and then sees the esper, He frowns...
    He takes two deep breaths You've gotten yourself in enough trouble for one day, Lets handle this one carefully.
    "Hey!! Leave him alone!"

He takes aim and there is a sudden sound of rushing air before his hand rockets forward, and the ball flies through the air and hits the girl in the forehead with just enough force to distract her, but not nearly enough to even leave a bruise.

"Strike one."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

21. - Top - End - #261

The girl's eyes jerk open, and she stands up and stalks over to Akiyama.
    Did you just throw that ball at me? she snarls.

Behind her, the boy blinks a few times, then looks around at the girl confusedly.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-09-27 at 09:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyamas face becomes a mask of sincerity and respect "Why of course I didn't, that would be incredibly rude to throw a ball at a lady..." He breaks out into a wide smile "I did however physically launch it at you using a manipulation of air pressure. Now would you kindly tell me your name? And what you did to that boy?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Akiyamas face becomes a mask of sincerity and respect "Why of course I didn't, that would be incredibly rude to throw a ball at a lady..." He breaks out into a wide smile "I did however physically launch it at you using a manipulation of air pressure. Now would you kindly tell me your name? And what you did to that boy?"
    She holds out a hand, and a blue fireball is conjured into existence, floating above her palm.
    Make me.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama looks at her

Well should probably try and settle this without any major fighting, I don't want to end up punching a hole in another student, time to act confusing.

then leans forward and says
    "Awww, its so cute the way you get mad when someone asks your name,.. Though a predilection for bullying does subtract from that a bit.. what do you say we work on that? Why did you attack the boy? Though if its a fight you want... lets meet sometime, might be interesting."
    Last edited by druid91; 2010-09-27 at 09:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

Akiyama looks at her

Well should probably try and settle this without any major fighting, I don't want to end up punching a hole in another student, time to act confusing.

then leans forward and says
    "Awww, its so cute the way you get mad when someone asks your name,.. Though a predilection for bullying does subtract from that a bit.. what do you say we work on that? Why did you attack the boy? Though if its a fight you want... lets meet sometime, might be interesting."
    Shut. Up, she snarls, bringing the fireball up threateningly.
    I attacked the boy because he deserved it. He's not an Onizuka student!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

"Whoa, Not a student? but what in the heck is he doing here? Why don't we quit fighting and find Out?" Akiyama frowns and turns to start walking towards the boy, absentmindedly patting the girl on the shoulder, as though in half apology, he still doesn't aprove but as the boy didn't seem hurt, maybe hitting her in the face was a little overboard I hope this isn't another Azabu prank...
    "Though that means either he is planning something for, Azabu is the guys school right? or he is an idiot skipping school who came to another school. Anyway, what did you show the poor kid?"
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

"Whoa, Not a student? but what in the heck is he doing here? Why don't we quit fighting and find Out?" Akiyama frowns and turns to start walking towards the boy, absentmindedly patting the girl on the shoulder, as though in half apology, he still doesn't aprove but as the boy didn't seem hurt, maybe hitting her in the face was a little overboard I hope this isn't another Azabu prank...
    "Though that means either he is planning something for, Azabu is the guys school right? or he is an idiot skipping school who came to another school. Anyway, what did you show the poor kid?"
    He's not from this school, therefore he must be punished, she says smugly, tapping the young man on his forehead again. His eyes snap shut and he falls to the ground, unconscious.
    Now leave. My friends and I are going to hang him off the roof using one of those computer cables, she says, smirking.
    Oh yes, she's a bee-yatch.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama looks at her in near total disbelief "Well, you just lost my apology there miss. Though I have a couple questions for you...First how do you plan on getting away with this? He has seen you. I've seen you and in all probability the gym teacher is on his way to find out why I'm not back with the wiffle ball."
    Akiyama smiles and this time its more akin to the cold smile of a shark than any friendly gesture.
    "And secondly you just declared yourself an esper power abusing bully in front of the level 4 hater of bullies... Are you a complete idiot?" as he says this he pulls a second wiffle ball out and does a odd sort of hop to get out of reach "That first one was a feather tap, I could make these really hurt."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly uncomfortable, Jirou's gaze flicked over to Masaki before returning to Jason. He had a sneaking suspicion that the robot might not approve of him filling the new student's head with wild visions.

"[Yeah, with a bit of luck. Don't expect it to be easy, though. The training's hard work, and slackers won't get anything from it. It's not like we've got some sort of magic machine in the basement that gives you super powers.]"

Oh yes, far from it. Thinking back to his own gruelling training, Jirou realised why they weren't supposed to preach the Academy City dream to the new recruits. The ones who went into the Curriculum thinking it was just a free ticket to Esperhood didn't tend to last long.
    No. Hard was beating Ninja Gaiden on Supreme difficulty. Hard was paying Soccer and getting 12 goals in a row. Hard was something that Jason will never give up on, until he masters the hard.

He looks over at Masaki, a burning determination is his eyes. Thinking back to what little Japanese he knows, he finally speaks.

"What do I need to do?"

30. - Top - End - #270

Akiyama looks at her in near total disbelief "Well, you just lost my apology there miss. Though I have a couple questions for you...First how do you plan on getting away with this? He has seen you. I've seen you and in all probability the gym teacher is on his way to find out why I'm not back with the wiffle ball."
    Akiyama smiles and this time its more akin to the cold smile of a shark than any friendly gesture.
    "And secondly you just declared yourself an esper power abusing bully in front of the level 4 hater of bullies... Are you a complete idiot?" as he says this he pulls a second wiffle ball out and does a odd sort of hop to get out of reach "That first one was a feather tap, I could make these really hurt."
    Her eyes widen and she runs off.

The young man's eyes open again, and he stands up shakily. B**ch, he mutters. He looks up at Akiyama.
    I'm guessing that this isn't Azabu?