New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

On the topic of RD's perceived gender... I have to join the group of those who instantly classed her as male and became wildly confused when every pony referred to her as "her". This was before I'd realized the visual differences between male and female ponies, so it was all based on the voice.

I've come to accept that RD is a girl and it's all fine, but even though I know better, occasionally her voice still throws me off a little.

However, to me, Zecora is much worse. Even to this day I can't hear that voice and accept that she's supposed to be a female. Every time the ponies refer to her as "her", my brain shuts down a little. It isn't helped by the fact that Zecora actually looks rather like a male pony too, with that squarish snout.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, I never heard of anyone have those doubts about Zecora.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Writing Semper Fi (page 61 Woo Hoo). I realize that if I were a worse writer, I'd have a plot element where Soarin had to take Rainbow Dash's place as the element of loyalty. But I'm not, so I won't. Just thought I'd toss that plot orphan out there.

I don't think this was ever addressed, but did they keep them or are the mantles taken up temporarily? I was assuming the latter.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-05 at 03:48 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I don't think this was ever addressed, but did they keep them or are the mantles taken up temporarily? I was assuming the latter.
    For sake of my continuity, they still have the necklaces; the necklaces, having their cutie marks, are bonded to them and only them. The necklaces let them access the Rainbow of Light, as long as Twilight Sparkle is there to provide the spark of magic.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, I never heard of anyone have those doubts about Zecora.
    Maybe I'm just strange... though I hope I'm not alone

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

For sake of my continuity, they still have the necklaces; the necklaces, having their cutie marks, are bonded to them and only them. The necklaces let them access the Rainbow of Light, as long as Twilight Sparkle is there to provide the spark of magic.
    Are they like Slayers, in that there's one group every generation (or one group for every generation that needs them)?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

My assumption has always been that the necklaces fizzled away shortly after they defeated nightmare moon and the elements were "within" if they ever needed them. "Needed" here meaning Nightmare moon level threat, so the parasprites and diamond dogs wouldn't count.

EDIT: @Kindablue. I also figured that any group of friends with the right qualities could use them if they got their hands on them.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-08-05 at 04:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Are they like Slayers, in that there's one group every generation (or one group for every generation that needs them)?
    I see it as this: as long as you have 6 ponies who exemplify the traits (and those are somewhat rare), they can have the talent imprinted on them. Once the elements are bonded to them, they have them until they die, at which point the element turns back into the stone sphere.

The rarest part was the element of magic; you need an unusually talented pony to do what Twilight does for the team.

For more than one fic, I need the necklaces to be something they just keep in their houses, though for the show, I could see it working the way you said, OrchestraHc.

Also calling it a night. Here's 3 new pages of Semper Fi; home stretch. I'm on the home stretch.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-05 at 04:07 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I mean anybody who actively avoids Lix Lorn has a tenuous grasp on sanity at best.
    Comparitively sane. Which says a lot about the rest of you, when the racially insane abomination (used to) look well-balanced in comparsion...

That is the single worst threat to make, mate. Remember the verren, or whatever the evil humans from BoVD are? You've fallen into their trap. You forget; half the stuff that's murder to you, we enjoy.
    Okay, so it didn't work quite as well I'd hoped. (It was because Spike was there, wasn't it, damn you all!)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    These were both cute enough that I legitimately stared and my mind stop doing anything except for sending endorphins about my body. For over a minute. Each. Jesus Christ. You literally whited me out with pleasure response. Through cute. WHAT THE HELL?!
    But it did, at least, work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I need you to kill someone's girlfriend. :33
    Quickly, slowly, and with how much collateral damage? We have a very wide range of suitable weaponry...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    I'd call your lack of coherent answer an admittance of their not being a reply: By which I mean to say, I'm right. Neener neener.
    I'll have you know I making a tactical prediction made on prior expereince and situational data and thus following the Aotrs Pre-Empetive Strike protocols. The terrified screeching was merely co-incidental.

Yeah, k-

Something to say Hopereaver? *click*

Nosir!

Sure know how to treat a girl, dontcha boss.

Thats' what I thought. Now-

!?

Hang on a second, I need to do this right.

*fetches glass of water. Drinks water*

*spit-take, spewing cherry coke all over the nearest War Droid*

You're a girl?!?!

You learn summat new every day.

*skullpalm* I've only been under your command for, what five years...

Yes, well, your voice is kinda androgynous-

HEY!

-and I'm not anatomy expert, or something. I can't tell a female skeleton from a male one, plus you've never brought it up before. 'Sides, not like it makes any difference or anything.

So why the whole routine?

'S a laugh, innit.

*skulldesk*

It's nice to be making someone else do it for a change...

Well, I mostly want cuddles right now, so...
    You see, from the tone and implications for your other posts, last night, I almost feel a touch guilty for rejecting you out hand.

Almost.

Though I might have to scrap back-up plan #2, I fear it might perhaps be across the line of acceptably civilised evil behavior.

This is ponythread. Cuddles are abound!

Except for from living starfleet commanding skeletons, apparently.
    Damn straight!

I ship shipping with comedy. They're such a cute couple, and they're happy together.
    I have to concur. As I've said before, if I must be subjected to reading/watching/etc romance, at least make a) a different set-up from time to time and b) funny.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-05 at 07:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

Writing Semper Fi (page 61 Woo Hoo). I realize that if I were a worse writer, I'd have a plot element where Soarin had to take Rainbow Dash's place as the element of loyalty. But I'm not, so I won't. Just thought I'd toss that plot orphan out there.
    Yeah, good idea on avoiding that. At that point, you might as well reveal that he is all six elements in one being.

Quote Originally Posted by aotrs commander
    If by "eventually" you mean "in the order of three to sixteen minutes (eight on average), depending on physical health and strength of Lich's aura"...

It's difficult to market anything when your customer base all die the first night they use their purchase.
    Well, it really did a bang up job on cooling them down! Look, they are enjoying it so much that they refuse to even respond to any outside stimuli. Some would say this is a bad thing, but it also means that costs are down and supply is high!

Quote Originally Posted by aotrs commander
    Wouldn't it be better to, I dunno, use more easily produced and controlled toned-down coldbeam technology? Or stick your head in the freezer?
    While true, these other options do not have the pizaz of lich based cooling systems. A freezer is limited by electrical power, a bone kept in a box lasts a lifetime (literally if you touch it!).

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    The theme for this week's Writer's Training Ground is "Write a cliche story". The examples they have are:

1) RD loses her wings, permanent or otherwise.
    2) Twilight casts a spell, it goes wrong.
    3) Sad Luna is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    (Responding to quotes as I see them.)

Those are pretty much the top 3 cliche ideas. Others that occured to me.

All humans on Equestria must be bronies.
    Ponies inherently are superior to any outsiders
    Pinkie acts all 'Cupcake' like.
    Dash is to be shipped to every other mane cast.
    Trixie comes back for some nefarious revenge on Twilight, only to fall heads over heels in love. (aka the infamous Twixie.)
    Mary Sue OC.
    Ok, so we need a story including all of these. They are asking for a cliche story, and the clicheity of a story rises exponentially the more cliches it uses.

So, Twilight is practicing magic, when Rainbow Dash crashes through the window due to some training mishap. This causes Twilight to lose focus, and magically remove Rainbow Dash's wings. Worse, the spell is irreversible!

Meanwhile, Luna is sad because nopony understands her, and wanders into Ponyville in hopes of finding somepony to call her own.

Dash, in her misery of losing her wings, goes on wild flings with every pony in town, hoping to distract herself via cuddles, hugs, and sugary goods.

At the same time, Trixie returns to enact revenge, but interrupts Twilight while she is practicing a love spell (to help Luna find her soul mate). The spell goes off wild and hits them both, and the rest goes down in history.

Throughout, Pinkie sings a few songs, and acts in an overly Pinkie fashion.

Lastly, somepony comes from over the horizon. Lo and behold, it is Geoff, from accounting in pony form. He shouts "behold!" and through the powers invested in him by his accounting degree, rights every wrong (except Rainbow's lack of wings, since that is permanent silly!).

There you go Amish, the perfect cliche storm of a story. I accept giant checks with absurd amounts of money written on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Ponyard has a plan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deep in the belly of The Sting, Skyrocket stands on her hind legs, special made supports allowing her to maintain balence and remain comfortable. She is standing over a table completely covered bits and pieces of machinery, in the center of the table something that looked like a disembodied unicorn horn that gently pulsed with a pale green light.
    Sky? What is that?
    I'm not totally sure, but its practically pulsing with power. I'm trying to reverse engineer an input for it, it strongly resembles some type of key.
    Key to what?
    I don't know. so im going to try to build a lock for it.
    Build a lock for the key? Where did you even find that?
    Long time ago, it only recently started glowing like this.
    Alright, let me know if you figure something out.

Ponyard trots off, back towards the bridge. Skyrocket tinkers with something on the table. When he is out of earshot, Skyrocket grins and uncovered what looks like large circular lock, she slid the mechanism into her launcher and turner the key.
    Even from the bridge Ponyard and Nightscream could hear her laughter.

I think this is a good place to set things up.
    Got nothing to say about this at the moment, except that I approve of this combination of pony and gurren lagann.

Gah, thank my lucky stars for ctrl+c, as the forum ate this up when I first tried to post this.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

11. - Top - End - #221

Creepy?
    You think I'm creepy?
    YOU THINK I'M A MONSTER DON'T YOU
    No no no. I'm dissapointed that we don't have anything creepier than a ship involving one person who quite vehemently objects to biological urges and their associated emotions. I don't find you creepy at all.

And that I'm creeped out by something only usually means I don't like it. There are exceptions.

I... think Con drain causes drowsiness. I mean it would make sense. Just make sure it's not permanent, then you'll end up with a permanent narcolepsy effect. And nopony wants that. (Seriously. I want my afternoons back. Somepony help, please. )
    Con drain causes death, and is permanent without the help of magic. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    That's okay. We can form our own group. Made up of only those who haven't been shipped. It'll be like the cool table in the lunchroom.
    You mean variously lusted after and despised by everyone else?

You realise we're in ponythread and are obligated to love and tolerate, right?

I seem to have had a quote go missing, and will begin looking for it presently.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yeah, good idea on avoiding that. At that point, you might as well reveal that he is all six elements in one being.
    And then Soarin turned out to be an Alicorn and he used the light from his new celestial body, the Soar-un, to destroy Tirek and then he played a guitar solo on his flying V electric guitar and made out with Applejack AND Rainbow Dash AT THE SAME TIME and then he decapitated Luna and Celestia and got their powers and The Prize and then he was a super saiyan from Zeist the end plz review don't be a prep stop flamming.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

And then Soarin turned out to be an Alicorn and he used the light from his new celestial body, the Soar-un, to destroy Tirek and then he played a guitar solo on his flying V electric guitar and made out with Applejack AND Rainbow Dash AT THE SAME TIME and then he decapitated Luna and Celestia and got their powers and The Prize and then he was a super saiyan from Zeist the end plz review don't be a prep stop flamming.
    I, er, think, you need to have a sit-down Bobcat.

Ye gods, even Bobcat's catching the Crazies...

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

"Mrs. Sparkle, are you trying to seduce me?"

15. - Top - End - #225

Hm. You know, that's a good point. The cold aura would be one thing, but the Con drain is a mixed blessing. For one, it's drain (I.e. Permanent) and for two, the Con is what let's you tolerate the heat! You drop it, and who knows whether the lichtech can cool you enough to make up for decreased tolerance.

We need... SCIENCE! Hey Scion, how ya feelin'?

Tired, brutalised and generally as if I'm on about 3 Con (which is mostly because I am). Let's do this!

No, the creepiest thing is inducing Stockholm syndrome by applying heated metal to your bone structure.
    But that's not new. We need something which can creep out the newcomers and the regulars.

You could make a killing at nursing homes.

... That was bad. I'm bad and I should feel bad.
    You think you're bad? I didn't get the actual joke bit until I reread it when the Commodore quoted it. I had already laughed anyway.

Edit: If the Commodore's no longer the thread's One Sane Lich, who is? Bobcat's gone off his rocker, so that rules him out. Raz isn't suitable for any official position (umm... because he already runs that publication! That's right, that's the reason...) and Thanquol, as his soul bro, isn't either. Midnight's not quite qualified, especially with that human voice she keeps hearing in her head. Phoe isn't here at the moment. SiuiS might work. But ultimately, I think we all know who we should use as a judge of how sane we need to be. If I haven't mentioned someone, please don't be offended.

Lix Lorn is the obvious choice for new Sane Pony.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-08-05 at 05:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    I second this ponysane gentlecolt's suggestion.

Can I third it as well? Olympia is technically a sentient being.

Oh, Baron Awesome, how far have you fallen from being the sane avian of the pony thread? That wasn't so hard wasn't it?
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-05 at 05:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    On the topic of RD's perceived gender... I have to join the group of those who instantly classed her as male and became wildly confused when every pony referred to her as "her". This was before I'd realized the visual differences between male and female ponies, so it was all based on the voice.

I've come to accept that RD is a girl and it's all fine, but even though I know better, occasionally her voice still throws me off a little.

However, to me, Zecora is much worse. Even to this day I can't hear that voice and accept that she's supposed to be a female. Every time the ponies refer to her as "her", my brain shuts down a little. It isn't helped by the fact that Zecora actually looks rather like a male pony too, with that squarish snout.
    Huh. Actually, now that you mention it I hear a husky boy's voice in Zecora, whereas previously she just sounded like a mellow Madam Clio. I pegged her for a gal immediately. Good note though. Now I kinda can't stop hearing her as a boy.

Hm. This ... I don't remember quoting this.
    Oh well. I did think it would be neat I'd the Elements were discrete objects, and that before the Lunar Rebellion, they were handed down like mini-crowns of separate knightly orders. I think having an unbroken chain of Knifhts of Kindness would be pretty sweet. Knights of laughter, Generosity. Magic...
    Maybe Blueblood is crazy strong magic-wise? He is descended from a line of Nobles who were representatives of the Order of Magic? They were hushed, because magic and friendship and all that show up as a surprise in the pilot (and I don't think it's just a case of Twilight not readin the proper history).

That's the canonical impression I get, only rather than once a generation, they would be once an age. That is, whenever needed.

I seem to have had a quote go missing, and will begin looking for it presently.
    I commiserate with you, my friend. that is to say; I know that feel.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    But then again, you've got a couple blue boy ponies as well:

Teddy (MLP Tales)
    Spoiler
    Show

'Course, the mohawk wasn't very stylish even in the '90s!

Quarterback and 4-Speed (MLP & Friends)
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll admit, RD does have kind of that gruff tomboyish voice.
    In the old days those were supposed to be male? Rd is more male than them, and she likes to wear pretty dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    It's because internet was flooded with Fluttermale quote clips making it first contac/impression of FiM to many.
    One of the many being me and SiuiS

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Feminine?

I have to disagree here, the delivery (and especially lines) of the text tend to be even worse than RD's at times. And her visual cues that have nothing feminine in the don't help.
    She sounds feminine to me. And she has a long, blond pony tail with a little red ribbon in it, and freckles. That visual screams 'girl' to me. I had less problems imaging the rest of the cast as guys.

Aye, and good thing, too. This board has done a number on my psyche. I would care less that I broke the rules if we got in trouble for it after the fact, and care more that I let down the mods. Especially since two of them are our own!

Is... Is this that Stockholm I always hear about ?
    It's the ponyness. It has reached your brain and starts to reconfigure your mind.

I view ponies like I view elves. They don't have DNA. They consist of magic. So I'm not very helpful here.
    Maybe it's magic DNA?

D'awwww Angel Bunny is cute for the first time ever.
    Considering this is a origin story it's also the last time he's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Our folk heroes suck. We got a guy who wore a mask and got caught anyway and two guys who went for a walk and didn't make it. And really, that's pretty much it.

Oh, and we got the guy who shot down the Red Baron with a rifle, on foot. He was pretty cool.
    Considering that Australia is covered with a 1 meter thick layer of poisonous snakes and insects and local only abominations talking a walk sounds pretty impressive.

That's a good start, but it lacks paternal tests and surprise guests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Now I got it in my head that Zecora is actually male, and the ponies mistook him for female because they aren't familiar enough with zebras to reliably tell their sex.

Actually, I'm OK with that.

20. - Top - End - #230

Yeah, I had almost added more detail to the story there as well. I was going to say: "And then Soarin revealed that he was in fact Princess Celestia all along, and that the one we have seen thus far has been a mere image.

Seconded (well, thirded or fourthed by now) with the force of a thousand suns.

Quote Originally Posted by siuis
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat
    Don't know how I missed this, and my extremely lazy attempt at finding where you originally wrote this from (checking as far back as page 7, and not reading all that clearly. Soooo much work!).

Anyways, I have always liked the thought that the mane cast left them laying around to gather dust. After all, Nightmare Moon is gone, who else would they need to use them on? I just picture the time of need coming, and Applejack going "Wait, Ah think I tossed it in the attic a few months back. Give me a bit to find it!"
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Actually, now that you mention it I hear a husky boy's voice in Zecora, whereas previously she just sounded like a mellow Madam Clio. I pegged her for a gal immediately. Good note though. Now I kinda can't stop hearing her as a boy.
    I suppose it's like those illusions where, once you see it one way you can't see it the other. Or in this case, hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Now I got it in my head that Zecora is actually male, and the ponies mistook him for female because they aren't familiar enough with zebras to reliably tell their sex.

Actually, I'm OK with that.
    That could work.

22. - Top - End - #232

But....but....I'm the one who came *up* with the term ponysane...I'm the Element of Pony! You can't take that away from me!
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-05 at 07:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    But....but....I'm the one who came *up* with the term ponysane...I'm the Element of Pony! You can't take that away from me!
    Ponysane is like insane, Midnight. They are talking about my loosely defined former position of embodiment of regular (comparative) sanity (not related to the Elements, more of administrative position) to the thread, which is the exact opposite of you... In fact, it was suggested (by me) specifically to counterbalance the ponysanity, you, in particular, were responsible for...

Needless to say, I'm not sure Lixie is a good choice, but on the other hoof, a I was the person (using the word "person" very loosely) to hold the position, I guess it's still probably an improvement... Ish...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-05 at 07:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll vote for Lix if she promises to mail me a piece of that German space elf lich (I was thinking something small, like one of the carpel bones) for air conditioning. It's a hundred degrees every single day. And it hasn't rained in months. I'll take the risks.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-05 at 07:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so we need a story including all of these. They are asking for a cliche story, and the clicheity of a story rises exponentially the more cliches it uses.

So, Twilight is practicing magic, when Rainbow Dash crashes through the window due to some training mishap. This causes Twilight to lose focus, and magically remove Rainbow Dash's wings. Worse, the spell is irreversible!

Meanwhile, Luna is sad because nopony understands her, and wanders into Ponyville in hopes of finding somepony to call her own.

Dash, in her misery of losing her wings, goes on wild flings with every pony in town, hoping to distract herself via cuddles, hugs, and sugary goods.

At the same time, Trixie returns to enact revenge, but interrupts Twilight while she is practicing a love spell (to help Luna find her soul mate). The spell goes off wild and hits them both, and the rest goes down in history.

Throughout, Pinkie sings a few songs, and acts in an overly Pinkie fashion.

Lastly, somepony comes from over the horizon. Lo and behold, it is Geoff, from accounting in pony form. He shouts "behold!" and through the powers invested in him by his accounting degree, rights every wrong (except Rainbow's lack of wings, since that is permanent silly!).

There you go Amish, the perfect cliche storm of a story. I accept giant checks with absurd amounts of money written on them.
    Curses, I only have comically over-sized million dollar bills! Will those work?

Anyways, I have always liked the thought that the mane cast left them laying around to gather dust. After all, Nightmare Moon is gone, who else would they need to use them on? I just picture the time of need coming, and Applejack going "Wait, Ah think I tossed it in the attic a few months back. Give me a bit to find it!"
    This...would make an amusing plot device. The mane cast needs the Rainbow of Light for some incoming threat, but are forced to hold it off until AJ finds where she put the darn necklace.

@Lix is the new "Designated Sane One": I, for one, welcome our new (mostly) sane overlord! certainly not trying to curry favor, nosiree
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-05 at 10:06 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

No, but Pinkie Pie is.

Now put both of them on a seperate monitor, face them towards each other, and lets see if we can produce new ponies.
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

How absurdly and painfully obvious it all is--how the CMC never learn anything ever--is the joke, though. There isn't much left if you take that away.
    Them not learning anything is one thing. Them pointing out to each other what they're really good at and failing to notice anything makes them all look stupid. I don't know, just pushes the joke a little too far for my tastes. Outside of those few parts I have no complaints with the CMC and find their antics to be amusing.

No stress, I sent the email right before I read that post
    Hooray! The stare was totally not wasted!

Ahahahahahahahahaha oh wow. Accusing me of a foot fetish? I know my fetishes, and feet aren't among them.

(also I gotta say that I can't see Warhol and Tarantino as being good company to be involved in. Elvis is cool, though).
    Oh bobcat, I love how tricky you are with those words. Trying to draw attention away from the fact that we're actually implying that you have a hoof fetish instead of simply acknowledging it.

LALALALALALALA IT'S NOTHING BUT CUTENESS BECAUSE OF THE INCONGRUITY OF PONIES WEARING SOCKS LALALALALALALALALALALALALA.

Like, Pinkie's Saloon Girl outfit? That was fetishistic.

I've seen plenty of ponies in socks pictures that I just chalked up as being cute, it all being a matter of pose and reaction to wearing the socks.
    ...I thought Pinkie's saloon girl outfit was adorable. Then again half of that might be that, for some odd reason, I find ponies attempting to can-can to be ridiculously cute.

I don't know. Except for the "babies inside Christmas stockings" template, I can't think of any that don't seem like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Also, what's with the socks fetish on ponies lately? It is cute, but I was wondering how it started.
    It started here:
    Spoiler
    Show

Con drain causes death, and is permanent without the help of magic. Just sayin'.
    "Every order comes with a Twilight Sparkle and The Great And Powerful Trixie!"
    "This isn't what I meant when I agreed to be shipped with Trixie."
    "Be quiet and get in the box."

28. - Top - End - #238

...Challenge accepted.
    Except that I don't have the time tonight. >.>
    This pleases Ido

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    *Puts a box insides a box and mails it to the Captain*
    *smashes box with a hammer*

In other news, I'm moving offices today! Not a huge move, just to a new desk down the hall. But almost none of my desk decorations are going to fit because it has smaller walls D: I need to reorganize. Also now I'm thinking of Winter Wrap-up only it's Office Wrap-up.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Comparitively sane. Which says a lot about the rest of you, when the racially insane abomination (used to) look well-balanced in comparsion...
    Oy! Watch what you say there! I'll have you know I'm not insane. I'm anti-sane!

30. - Top - End - #240

I prefer the term "differently sane", or "selectively sane", thank you very much.