New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Rain on Erfworld

Do you suppose rain on Erfworld would be something like Red Bull or Mountain Dew? I was looking at some of the older strips and I notice Parson's gaming table has something spilled on it, so I was thinking rain (or floods) would be something similar.

Also is that a small battery powered vacuum on his table in strip 14 panel 7? The red thing in the lower left near the spilled drink?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Rain on Erfworld

Either that or what looks to be a beetle tank thingy.
    - Thog still like puppies. Becomes the spokesman for the NAA (National Axehandler's Association), and comes up with the slogan "Axe don't kill people, Thog do". - EdgarVerona on the future of Thog

3. - Top - End - #3

I'm actually more concerned about the SIZE of this rain, I mean if its regular rain like Parson is used to, it'll be HUGE to the Erfworlders and potential devastating but if its "Erfsized" it'll be small and comedicaly inconsequential to Parson. I can see Stanley huddling under parson for protection or somehting.
    "All sorts of nastiness happens in a dungeon. That's why they are not called "malls"." -Wehrkind

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Or Parson could be overjoyed by the presence of something drinkable much like how Homer would be had he not run screaming from that alternate dimension where donuts fell from the sky.

5. - Top - End - #5

Umm... Does anyone else think this thread is rather ridiculous? Rain in Erfworld will be similar to rain in our world. As far as I can tell, aside from adding things like magic, the basic layout of Erf is the same as Earth.

And, it's not like they've been shrunk or anything. This is a different universe. They're not actually running around on Parson's table.

Oh, and regular sized rain would not seem overly large to these people. They're on the order of a couple feet tall, not a couple inches. Do dwarves or halflings freak out when it rains because it's so big? Didn't think so.
    Last edited by chionophile; 2007-02-23 at 04:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by chionophile View Post
    Umm... Does anyone else think this thread is rather ridiculous? Rain in Erfworld will be similar to rain in our world. As far as I can tell, aside from adding things like magic, the basic layout of Erf is the same as Earth.

And, it's not like they've been shrunk or anything. This is a different universe. They're not actually running around on Parson's table.

Oh, and regular sized rain would not seem overly large to these people. They're on the order of a couple feet tall, not a couple inches. Do dwarves or halflings freak out when it rains because it's so big? Didn't think so.

Oh burn!!!!

.......wait thats shooting down my theory.......awwww

Tousche.
    "All sorts of nastiness happens in a dungeon. That's why they are not called "malls"." -Wehrkind

7. - Top - End - #7

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by chionophile View Post

Why is speculation ridiculous? It's fun, it passes the time to the next strip. You think Erfworld functions the same as Earth, I like to think about how it might be different. No need to be rude. :)

Edit: And how do we know they haven't been shrunk in some way? They're certainly smaller than the toy stuffed animals. Based on that, the idea that Pason has shrunk does not seem unreasonable. Or else the stuffed animals have been enlarged and maybe Parson is exactly the same size and that's just the scale of things on Erfworld.
    Last edited by One Skunk Todd; 2007-02-23 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added thought

8. - Top - End - #8

Well, speculation is not ridiculous, but look at the world. They have trees and plants very similar to Earth. They have apples and bread and what looks like turkey. The sun rises and sets. They breath oxygen. All the basics are the same.

And, while it's possible that Parson was shrunk, I doubt it. Notice how he's still three times the size of Stanley? It was just a summoning spell; it didn't modify him at all. Granted, I can't know that for sure, but I see no reason to assume he's been changed if the artist didn't show it.

And the stuffed animals haven't been enlarged. Those are cloth golems. Not stuffed animals. They just happen to look exactly like them.

9. - Top - End - #9

PirateWench

Fair enough. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

It's interesting, I went through all the strips and the only images of water/fluids I could find in Erfworld are the sea around the Magic Kingdom and one of the cloth golems shooting slime/poison/gunk at a spidew. There don't even seem to be glasses on Ansom's dinner table when he invites Jillian to dine with him. Probably just unnecessary details not worth drawing.

In Parson's apartment there are plenty of spilled drinks and soda bottles and so forth. But when his gaming group comes over to play you don't see any at all. It just must not be important.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    FIt's interesting, I went through all the strips and the only images of water/fluids I could find in Erfworld are the sea around the Magic Kingdom and one of the cloth golems shooting slime/poison/gunk at a spidew.
    I believe that was a sourmander spitting acid.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

We're evolving a hardcore fanbase around Erfworld.

Dang. That was fast.

(No hard feelings, I don't blame you in the slightest )